Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,008 members, 7,821,534 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:27 PM

How To Go About Dealing With A Girlfriend Who Is Insanely Jealous: - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How To Go About Dealing With A Girlfriend Who Is Insanely Jealous: (12235 Views)

Nigerian Guy Busts Girlfriend Who Tried To Con Him Of N50,000 Wit Fake Pregnancy / Help! Can’t Satisfy My Girlfriend Who Wants Sex Every Night- BUNMI COLUMN / Dealing With Teenage Girls Can Be So Frustrating! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Go About Dealing With A Girlfriend Who Is Insanely Jealous: by dealordea(m): 6:32pm On Sep 25, 2010
Now I rarely have any issues with my girlfriend but this Saturday she pissed me off big time. See we ended up going to a BBQ that my friends were throwing and it for the most part was really good. However, I got a nasty hint of Jealousy coming out of my girlfriend that really pissed me off. See I was talking to a girl whom I've known for a really long time and I haven't seen her in like a year. I gave her a hug and a kiss hello and we were in the middle of a conversation when my girl rudely interrupted me mid conversation asking me to get her something to drink. Now my girl knows this other girl and to my knowledge she never had a problem with her.

So I reluctantly get her a drink so she would be happy. My friend and I pick up our conversation, my girlfriend rolls her eyes and walks away. I think to myself I hope she doesn't have a problem with this girl because I've known her since I was six years old. We finish the conversation and we part ways. I go back to my girl and I try and speak to her but she ignored the shit out of me. I try to make things easier and leave her alone for a while so she can calm down. That doesn't help,

Well we end up leaving and the whole car ride home she doesn't say a fucking word to me. I know her well enough to know that she is waiting to get back to my apartment to have this argument that is eminent . So sure as shit we get back to my place and she asked me what was the deal with "that cunt" at the BBQ. I ask her not to call her that as she is a good of mine that I've known for the longest and she is a good friend. I then ask her what the problem is and she tells me "I see the way that cunt looks at you, like she wants your dick and you sit there, laughing and staring at her all fucking day".

The argument got real ugly.

Im not going to get into specifics but I kicked her out of my place and told her don't come back until she looses her fucking problem with jealousy.

She has not called me today at all and I have no intentions of calling her what so ever. I feel that she was completely out of line because she has plenty of guy friends and I never get jealous of them talking and laughing with her. I mean I probably should not have kicked her out my place but the argument got out of control fast and I lost my cool.

Am I reacting to harshly and making a big deal out of nothing?

1 Like

Re: How To Go About Dealing With A Girlfriend Who Is Insanely Jealous: by Rocktation(f): 6:57pm On Sep 25, 2010
Uhuh. Like you needed a confirmation. You should have included her in the conversation, however you could. And you got so out of control and kicked her out over a year's prodigal friend? Interesting. I fear to think of what you'd do to her over one of 5 years.

1 Like

Re: How To Go About Dealing With A Girlfriend Who Is Insanely Jealous: by 1102(m): 9:54pm On Sep 25, 2010
ASK inkerd_nerd

cos if i address this issues now she would wanna eat me alive!!
Re: How To Go About Dealing With A Girlfriend Who Is Insanely Jealous: by tpiah: 10:03pm On Sep 25, 2010
I kicked her out of my place and told her don't come back [s]until she looses her bleeping problem with jealousy.[/s]

She has not called me today at all and I have no intentions of calling her what so ever

wetin remain?

now you're both free to date other people.

1 Like

Re: How To Go About Dealing With A Girlfriend Who Is Insanely Jealous: by deniyor: 10:20pm On Sep 25, 2010
That is absolutely not the way to treat a lady. If she is jealous, all you need to do is assure her. She might be wrong, but she can't help feel the way she does. The fact that you have known a girl since you were six does not mean she doesnt want to screw you, ladies know this very well.

Throwing your lady out of your place cos of the argument, as a result of her jealousy shows you have little or no respect for her. Not the way to treat someone you call your gf.

If you feel a guy is hitting on her seriously, and you bring it up with her. How will you feel if she threw you out cos of the resulting argument? Treat people how you want them to treat you and some acting like someone that expects the world to bend over for you always.
My 2cents

4 Likes

Re: How To Go About Dealing With A Girlfriend Who Is Insanely Jealous: by 1102(m): 10:21pm On Sep 25, 2010
tpiah:

wetin remain?

now you're both free to date other people.

^^^
Tilapia fish (Coughs) TPIAHHH!! grin grin
Re: How To Go About Dealing With A Girlfriend Who Is Insanely Jealous: by blackmann(m): 10:22pm On Sep 25, 2010
Girls like that tend to scare the SHYTE out of me. She has some major issues. you sef for no leave her all alone to talk to another girl. Ladies tend to get very jealous and over-protective of their man, no matter if the other lady has been your friend 1, 10, or 100 years. They are like lionesses who guard their territory and see other women as threats. But the girl is too hot-headed and she shouldn't have said such filthy statements.

Give her a few days to cool off. I'm pretty sure she's dying right now from not hearing from you, but her pride prevents her from calling you. Afterwards call her and have a man-to-woman(not a woman-to-man) talk about her attitude. And make sure you apologize for kicking her out. that was damn unrespectful to your girlfriend. No matter what she did, you shouldn't have done that.

2 Likes

Re: How To Go About Dealing With A Girlfriend Who Is Insanely Jealous: by deniyor: 10:35pm On Sep 25, 2010
If the poster had involved her in the conversation or had made her feel very important at the BBQ, I doubt the gf will be that jealous. If the gf is involved in the conversation or beside you, and you hold her close/ tight in the way that says this is my girl, I doubt you will hv had that fight.

1 Like

Re: How To Go About Dealing With A Girlfriend Who Is Insanely Jealous: by anitasol(f): 10:48pm On Sep 25, 2010
That was a harsh decision and I guess by your obvious reaction in making this postyou're somewhat apologetic.
Really kicking your girl out of the house, Grow up!

Frankly, six years is a long time and yes you should've included her in the conversation or at least acknowledge her presence so she doesn't feel left out. She probably would've gotten board with the conversation you two were having.

Whats's the point in going through the not knowing what she/he is thinking and get it over with?
You either want to be together or you don't.

Fess up and be a Man and call or don't call!

Just saying,

2 Likes

Re: How To Go About Dealing With A Girlfriend Who Is Insanely Jealous: by ice234: 11:19pm On Sep 25, 2010
nice tread
Re: How To Go About Dealing With A Girlfriend Who Is Insanely Jealous: by Nobody: 6:20am On Sep 26, 2010
what are all the people here talking about?! including her in the convo?!?!?!?!?!
cant men have friendly discussion about stuff that has absolutely nothing to do with ones gf? cant a man have a discussion with a childhood friend without having his low self-esteem gf coming and disturbing them with BS?!

POSTER, you did what most normal men with balls would have done, get rid of the lady to stop this stoopid argument that was getting ugly (we all know how impossible it is to shut a woman up and how it can easily turn to physical violence).

your lady is insecure, doesnt trust you (probably childish too) and SHE needs to deal with her problems. . . . . . .  in no way should you change YOUR life to adapt to people inabilities to act right around company.so what if another lady wants you?! aint you a good looking man? does she expect you to suddenly turn ugly because she is NOW dating you?! DUH!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Go About Dealing With A Girlfriend Who Is Insanely Jealous: by ElRazur: 6:33am On Sep 26, 2010
MrBrownJay said it all really.

I will just like to add that Insecurities can ruin a relationship, well you just experienced that. It is also a difficult trait to get rid off in a woman, it will always be there and lead to mistrust, and then on to bigger issues.

Personally, I see no problem but you mentioned you gave her a kiss, (I am guessing you mean a harmless peck?) I am not sure what part of the world you are, but in naija, giving another woman a peck and a hug makes people go crazy.

Finally, kicking her out is wrong. You should have walked away instead or go to another part of the house.
Re: How To Go About Dealing With A Girlfriend Who Is Insanely Jealous: by InkedNerd(f): 6:56am On Sep 26, 2010
--190--:

ASK inkerd_nerd

cos if i address this issues now she would wanna eat me alive!!

No, I would not eat you alive. The topic was interesting though, just didn't wanna answer the question. I was curious to see what everyone else's opinions were.
Re: How To Go About Dealing With A Girlfriend Who Is Insanely Jealous: by saintneo(m): 7:36am On Sep 26, 2010
MRbrownJAY:

what are all the people here talking about?! including her in the convo?!?!?!?!?!
cant men have friendly discussion about stuff that has absolutely nothing to do with ones gf? cant a man have a discussion with a childhood friend without having his low self-esteem gf coming and disturbing them with BS?!

POSTER, you did what most normal men with balls would have done, get rid of the lady to stop this stoopid argument that was getting ugly (we all know how impossible it is to shut a woman up and how it can easily turn to physical violence).

your lady is insecure, doesnt trust you (probably childish too) and SHE needs to deal with her problems. . . . . . .  in no way should you change YOUR life to adapt to people inabilities to act right around company.so what if another lady wants you?! aint you a good looking man? does she expect you to suddenly turn ugly because she is NOW dating you?! DUH!

GBAMGBAM - on point cool cool

One thing I have come to notice is that girls tend to be over protective even from male friends as well, business time, academic time etc; they want absolute attention. phew!
Re: How To Go About Dealing With A Girlfriend Who Is Insanely Jealous: by omega25red(m): 7:39am On Sep 26, 2010
grin grin so  how did you kick her out let us know exactly what you said  grin

your girl was rude for interupting your conversation and for that matter she told you to go get her a drink  angry  if she felt like you were ignoring her the least she could have done was to say excuse me can i steal him away for a second and discretly let you know that she is feeling ignored and not rolling her eyes or not speaking. anyway you bot need some time to cool off because you obviously miss her which is why you are here posting. lets just hope she doesn't have one of those useless friends who have no life and enjoy giving break up advice so other people can be miserable as they are.
Re: How To Go About Dealing With A Girlfriend Who Is Insanely Jealous: by 1102(m): 2:57pm On Sep 26, 2010
Well i tend 2 like ladies that are Jealous and who show it better than

those that hardly fall into this Jealous category!

It tends 2 motivate me more when they get Jealous and dat shows they really care abt their man!
Re: How To Go About Dealing With A Girlfriend Who Is Insanely Jealous: by ksena(f): 8:57pm On Sep 26, 2010
I think you should just call her, and be the bigger person here, ya'll messed this up, and you guys need to sit down as grown people, and stop pointing finger at eachother, she was wrong and you were wrong too, all this could've been avoided if #1. you introduced her to your childhood friend to let her know that it was all friendly and innocent, so she could've understand that you guys needed to do some cathing up since you guys haven't seen eachother for a year, #2. you should not have kicked her out of your house, that was wrong, and i'm sure you realize that now, and #3 hopefully you are sincere about this and want to work things out, cause your pride will not help you build up relationship, so you need to put your pride at the side and act like a grown man, instead of a little boy, so you either work it out or let this be, very simple, the ball is in your court, cause i can tell you this, this girl will not call you unless you are going to apologize to her since it is you that kicked her out, so you choose,
Re: How To Go About Dealing With A Girlfriend Who Is Insanely Jealous: by jobejobe(m): 9:12pm On Sep 26, 2010
grin guy, am not blaming you, cos i would do same thing. do i pokenose into watever she says wiv her male friends? if its no, then she has no rite to be included in d conversation, make she go meet her mama wey no teach am well. mchewwwwww tongue
Re: How To Go About Dealing With A Girlfriend Who Is Insanely Jealous: by ice234: 8:25am On Sep 27, 2010
190 how many babe u get sef
Re: How To Go About Dealing With A Girlfriend Who Is Insanely Jealous: by fubiluv: 9:03am On Sep 27, 2010
@poster,try and call her and apologize for trowing her out of your house.
You know she is the jealous type,Why trigger her off with all those over familiarity attitude.
Always try and keep a distant with women(no matter who)when she is around.Also work on her trust.She doesn't trust you.
Re: How To Go About Dealing With A Girlfriend Who Is Insanely Jealous: by 1102(m): 9:07am On Sep 27, 2010
ice234:

190 how many babe u get sef

@post
well i dont see anything in havin a Jealous babe.

after all she cares abt u
Re: How To Go About Dealing With A Girlfriend Who Is Insanely Jealous: by ice234: 9:27am On Sep 27, 2010
4 only u. dats little why dont u add 5 more
Re: How To Go About Dealing With A Girlfriend Who Is Insanely Jealous: by Vindy: 10:41am On Sep 27, 2010
Good to knw that she loves you, this things do happen, talk to and let her that she is ur one and only. I'm suspecting you to because you can easily have introduce her to that girl came close before u continued, probably you collected the girls contact.Some guy men will even press for blasting if the chance arise.
Re: How To Go About Dealing With A Girlfriend Who Is Insanely Jealous: by augnellywinex25(m): 11:09pm On Mar 15, 2016
[color=#770077][/color]my brother or my g, my advice to you is that you just go ahead and pik up your phone and dial d gul you chased outta your house,dis der jealousy of a thing is not hidden evrt1 knws abt it buh the advantage of the jealousy stuff is that it helps you to knw if d gul truly luvs you,urs is you found out she was angry cos you we're chatin wit anuda gul,what if she just went away without livin any risin with you wuld you hav kuld her bak to chase her out of your haux,,,as it stnds now you r the cos of your problems reeaeson onee because you wan chaic that your old frieend if not you wuld have included your dearie in the fukin diskusion, reason two you don't vlue her if you had a litle value for her,you wuld hav introducd her to d fukin frnd,,,my g you strng ooo aw wull you liv your girlfrnd and kuntinur chatin with anuda wom you neva kame to kach fun with,,its YOUR FAULT go and apologise,,,,lest I forget,I just I had a stRonger caze three dats ago found out its jealousy and solvd the problem today...gu luck.
Re: How To Go About Dealing With A Girlfriend Who Is Insanely Jealous: by Nobody: 2:08am On Nov 06, 2018
deniyor:
That is absolutely not the way to treat a lady. If she is jealous, all you need to do is assure her. She might be wrong, but she can't help feel the way she does. The fact that you have known a girl since you were six does not mean she doesnt want to screw you, ladies know this very well.

Throwing your lady out of your place cos of the argument, as a result of her jealousy shows you have little or no respect for her. Not the way to treat someone you call your gf.

If you feel a guy is hitting on her seriously, and you bring it up with her. How will you feel if she threw you out cos of the resulting argument? Treat people how you want them to treat you and some acting like someone that expects the world to bend over for you always.
My 2cents

Very wise words. Girls cant help but be jealous.
I get jealous of my man aswell. I know wat girls are like. I trust him but not them. Reassuring her wouldve been the best course n showing her its her u want.

(1) (Reply)

. / If U Dont Fear Anything, Pls Fear Quiet/introvert People. They Are Very Wicked. / PHOTO: Kiss Daniel Shares ‘kiss’ With Female Fan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.