Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,001 members, 7,866,793 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 05:17 AM

Marriage - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Marriage (588 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Marriage by dealordea(m): 6:33pm On Sep 25, 2010
It seems like that all across the world, if you are not married to someone you are seeing/dating {after a series of years} that you really aren't in a relationship. Your just "pretending" to be in a relationship. I have always been of the opinion that Marriage just makes the entire relationship suck bad. It's like the entire ritual of it all just sucks any fun part of the relationship out. So I am wondering, is it conceivable to live and be with someone for the rest of your life, have children together, and never get married at all? I know one girl who says she will never get married, but she lives with this guy {seemingly for a good long while} and seems to be very loyal to him. Just curious to know everyone's thoughts and opinions.
Re: Marriage by Girl846(f): 9:20pm On Sep 25, 2010
It is possible. But if you are Christian/Muslim etc you will be living in SIN.
Simple and plain truth!
Re: Marriage by InkedNerd(f): 10:34pm On Sep 25, 2010
It is very much possible. I actually knew of a Muslim couple who did that. I didn't know them personally though. I also had a friend who's parents and grandparents were in relationships like that. I don't think that marriage is a must. What someone decides to do with their own life is their business.
Re: Marriage by Nobody: 11:48pm On Sep 25, 2010
Some people just stick to common law.

Marriage, as an institution, seems to have more probable disadvantages today than it used to in the previous generation.
Re: Marriage by iice(f): 11:16am On Sep 30, 2010
Yes. . .Eric and I have that kind of relationship. For eternity grin
Re: Marriage by Nobody: 1:00pm On Sep 30, 2010
If u stay together and have kids.What does that mean?Then u r more or less couples so why do u get married?
Only if u plan to have kids and not stay 2gether and both of u r doing whatever u like.
Spending years in a rship has its reasons i want to believe though it may not lead to marriage in the long run.
Re: Marriage by Creamish(f): 3:21pm On Sep 30, 2010
When u get married and re-arrange ur mind to see it as bondage, then it becomes bondage. . . but if d only change in ur mind is the legal stamp to ur "activities" . . then i'd say its d best feeling in the world! . . . knowing u'd b having fun and doing it right by God wink

(1) (Reply)

Question: How Easy Is It. . . / How Can You Tell Your Spouse Is On The Phone With His/her Cheating Partner? / Faith And Love: Story Of Heads And Hearts!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.