Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,340 members, 7,819,201 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:39 PM

NHS Nurse Who Offered Bible To A Cancer Patient 'rightly Sacked' says court - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NHS Nurse Who Offered Bible To A Cancer Patient 'rightly Sacked' says court (30331 Views)

President Rajoelina: "WHO Offered $20M Bribe To Poison Madagascar COVID-19 Cure" / Woman Had Chemo & Breast Removal Surgery For A Cancer She Never Had / Cancer Patient Sneaks Out Of Hospital To Drink Beer, Says It Might Be His Last (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NHS Nurse Who Offered Bible To A Cancer Patient 'rightly Sacked' says court by Uyi168: 11:57am On May 22, 2019
Eberejesus111:

Without God in your work activities, what you're doing is pointless. The doctors prescription for a cancer patient the medicines and all, where made by God because God wants a man well, he doesn't give you sickness.

Just think about this as wicked as the devil is, do you think he'll want a man well and whole?
U talk like a robot..
Regurgitating the same poo u have been fed with...

1 Like

Re: NHS Nurse Who Offered Bible To A Cancer Patient 'rightly Sacked' says court by Nobody: 11:58am On May 22, 2019
Uyi168:
And if these praises,dancing ,prayers actually work,ambulances would have been taking sick people to churches..
undecided

Without God in your work activities, what such a person is doing is pointless.

God is the one who created medicines for man, he gave them the idea even before most scientist had found out. Check out the Israelites and all, you'll see it all, he always had found a way of healing them of their sicknesses and he still does it today.

Now just think about this, the devils only happiness is to destroy a man with sickness and if God or Jesus isn't applied to what you do, do you think such a man would have success
Re: NHS Nurse Who Offered Bible To A Cancer Patient 'rightly Sacked' says court by Nobody: 11:58am On May 22, 2019
able20:

You're contradicting yourself Small boy. No reasoning without a Belief
Don't you feel like an idiot calling someone you don't know a small boy?

No! You must be an idiot for claiming that belief precedes reasoning. Only an idiot would say so.
Re: NHS Nurse Who Offered Bible To A Cancer Patient 'rightly Sacked' says court by sacx: 12:01pm On May 22, 2019
rkennyking:
but then hospital business can restrict that too. Who does that ,who lays hand on my hospital patient . let them come to your church for deliverance at the moment they are my customers not yours. Let me tell you something, if you heal me of any sickness I won't practice your religion because even babalawo somehow do that. I look out for something else on your religion not miracle. So say something else

If it is their policy, then so be it. We render to Caesar what belongs to Caesar. No need trying to act commando.

@ the bolded, two things I would say; you've never been SICK; you haven't met a son of God.

The present face of Christianity you see being brandished today is not the real deal. Miracle, the manifestation of the supernatural, are normal occurrences for a believer. No big deal. Those signs (miracles, healing, dead raising) are meant to follow a believer. He doesn't chase after it. If the signs are only meant to be a mark of his presence, think about what his real presence portends. You haven't seen nothing yet.
Re: NHS Nurse Who Offered Bible To A Cancer Patient 'rightly Sacked' says court by uvie66: 12:04pm On May 22, 2019
stan111:
I am a Nurse,
and according to the Ethics what she did is right but the problem might be coming from relatives or the patient. Either of them must have filed a report against her act and when that is done, no moral justification counts again.. She was so unfortunate...
No come here can dey confuse people with big big English, you can't pull the wool over people's eyes. Firstly her employment contract is a legally binding contract not ethically binding, secondly, if she was right in her actions, why was she dismissed, and finally why did she not appeal along ethical ground and see whether it hold up in the appeal tribunal.

1 Like

Re: NHS Nurse Who Offered Bible To A Cancer Patient 'rightly Sacked' says court by MollyBank: 12:06pm On May 22, 2019
puresaint:
This is no offense for me!

It may not be to you but it is in the country she lives in.
Re: NHS Nurse Who Offered Bible To A Cancer Patient 'rightly Sacked' says court by mechanics(m): 12:29pm On May 22, 2019
God will surely compensate get with a better job, no one serve God and regret.
Re: NHS Nurse Who Offered Bible To A Cancer Patient 'rightly Sacked' says court by Healthgwr: 12:32pm On May 22, 2019
What else can one say?.......................Good day. .This information will be very useful......
The Nation Friday February 1, 2019 page 29 Hope rises for Cancer Patients.

In recent years, Nigeria has been plagued by increasing cases of people afflicted with cancer. It is a terminal disease that kills people in large numbers, while many are still battling for survival. The most common in Nigeria for women are breast cancer, cervix cancer, ovarian cancer, and colorectal cancer, while prostate cancer, liver cancer and colorectal cancer are some of the most common cases in men.

Sixty three pages of various testimonies mostly Nigerian and their phone numbers who had various health challenges before click the link bellow. Some of testimonies of Nigeria Medical Doctors and Pharmacists who also testify! Including Medical Doctors from Military Hospital have a look at pages 17 to 33. Visit the link below Please, copy to browser For full information visit https://bestofbelllifestylequalitylife..com or Shorten form /2HTGjrh

Or

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByZ2hSToNNZ-ZXhTU3hySThUQlE/view?usp=sharing

Or shorten form

/xM6Olk
Re: NHS Nurse Who Offered Bible To A Cancer Patient 'rightly Sacked' says court by preshdawesome(m): 12:39pm On May 22, 2019
God's not dead part 3 angry
Re: NHS Nurse Who Offered Bible To A Cancer Patient 'rightly Sacked' says court by sonofElElyon: 12:41pm On May 22, 2019
The patient led her on to believe he was not averse to being preached to. If he had said "I am not interested" at any time, she definitely would've stopped. He should have spoken up! Don't blame her for his failure to say No! If you don't want something, simply say NO!!!

SIRTee15:
A nurse who offered a bible to a cancer patient and encouraged him to sing The Lord is My Shepherd was fairly dismissed, a court has ruled.

Sarah Kuteh was given the sack from her job at Darent Valley Hospital in Dartford, Kent, in 2016 for repeatedly talking to patients about her faith and handing out a bible, in breach of Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) rules.

A ruling, published last week by the Court of Appeal, stated that on June 3 2016 a patient at the hospital had complained about Ms Kuteh's conduct.

The court heard how the patient likened the incident to a 'Monty Python skit', which he said was 'very bizarre' - in which she encouraged him to sing along with Psalm 23 with her.

The ruling, which upheld a decision that she was fairly dismissed by the Dartford and Gravesham NHS Trust, stated: "On 20 June 2016, the Complaints Department noted a call from a patient being treated for cancer concerning his assessment by the Claimant on 3 June 2016.

"He had replied "open minded" to the question on the form concerning religion and alleged the Claimant had told him that the only way he could get to the Lord was through Jesus.

"(She) told him she would give him her bible if he did not have one; gripped his hand tightly and said a prayer that was very intense and went "on and on"; and asked him to sing Psalm 23 [The Lord is My Shepherd] after which he was so astounded that he had sung the first verse with her.

"He described the encounter as 'very bizarre' and 'like a Monty Python skit'.

The court documents also point to a number of other incidents, in which Ms Kuteh told a bowel cancer patient in April 2016 'that if he prayed to God he would have a better chance of survival'

Another complaint, again in April 2016, came from a patient who said Ms Kuteh 'spent more time talking about religion than doing the assessment', and another, the same month, came from a patient who said they didn't want to see Ms Koteh as they 'didn't like preaching'.

Miss Kuteh, a 50-year-old mum of three, was suspended from her job in June 2016 and sacked for gross misconduct in August the same year, with her dismissal upheld by an employment tribunal later the same year.

She appealed the ruling of the tribunal in 2017, but failed in her bid to have her sacking overturned, but was allowed to work as a nurse again in July last year after her working restrictions were lifted by the Nursing and Midwifery Council.

Ms Kuteh, however, appealed for a second time against her sacking to the Court of Appeal - saying the employment tribunal had 'failed to consider the correct interpretation of the NMC Code and the distinction between appropriate and inappropriate expressions of religious beliefs'.

She also said the tribunal had failed to acknowledge that Article 9 of the European Convention on Human Rights - Freedom to manifest one's religion or beliefs - was 'applicable' and to 'consider the fact-sensitive distinction between true evangelism and improper proselytism'.

Judges at the Court of Appeal, however, rejected the nurse's most recent appeal, saying she was not unfairly dismissed in a ruling published last week.

The Christian Legal Centre - which represents Ms Kuteh - said she is currently in discussion with her legal team to consider her next step.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2019/05/21/nhs-nurse-offered-bible-cancer-patient-loses-appeal-tribunal/
Re: NHS Nurse Who Offered Bible To A Cancer Patient 'rightly Sacked' says court by ponziponzi(m): 12:45pm On May 22, 2019
jaxxy:
It’s not a crime to offer sm1 a Bible or any books pls. If she failed in carrying out her necessary medical care then we have a case. Talking to sm1 is still motivation

You should have gone with her to the court and tell that to the Judge and NHS.
Re: NHS Nurse Who Offered Bible To A Cancer Patient 'rightly Sacked' says court by ponziponzi(m): 12:46pm On May 22, 2019
mechanics:
God will surely compensate get with a better job, no one serve God and regret.

It’s three 3 years my dear, that god must be really slow.
Re: NHS Nurse Who Offered Bible To A Cancer Patient 'rightly Sacked' says court by simplesearch: 12:47pm On May 22, 2019
And yet they claim ''we treat, God heals''. How will God intervene in people's healing when he's not giving a chance do so? Moreover encouraging people with chronic/terminal illnesses or diseases to trust in God wouldn't stop the Hospital from charging their fees. It's clear some health practitioner do not know the origin of the the emblem adopted in the medical and paramedical professions, how it point directly to God as the ultimate healer.
Re: NHS Nurse Who Offered Bible To A Cancer Patient 'rightly Sacked' says court by MrPRevailer(m): 12:49pm On May 22, 2019
Uyi168:
And if these praises,dancing ,prayers actually work,ambulances would have been taking sick people to churches..
undecided

They do. And people are healed in my church.

So many churches are fake, some legal. Some holyghost empowered.
Re: NHS Nurse Who Offered Bible To A Cancer Patient 'rightly Sacked' says court by aboubkr(m): 12:55pm On May 22, 2019
This is total islamization and fulanization and the woman should immediately consult obasanjo before it's too late
Re: NHS Nurse Who Offered Bible To A Cancer Patient 'rightly Sacked' says court by Nobody: 1:08pm On May 22, 2019
Uyi168:
U talk like a robot..
Regurgitating the same poo u have been fed with...
smiley, God bless you
Re: NHS Nurse Who Offered Bible To A Cancer Patient 'rightly Sacked' says court by erico2k2(m): 1:11pm On May 22, 2019
Skyfornia:
What is her crime again?...this cannot happen in Nigeria.
Almost every hospital in Nigeria conduct morning devotion at least once every week...praying, praising, dancing and singing to God.
You are still living in the dark age, The Bible does not permit you to impose your faith on others. There is more than one religion in the world and everyone should respect that.The Nurse should know better as it's in the ethics book
Re: NHS Nurse Who Offered Bible To A Cancer Patient 'rightly Sacked' says court by Reference(m): 1:28pm On May 22, 2019
highcollide:
Belief is the death of reasoning.

To us, reasoning is the death of belief and the end of performance.

I succumbed to sleep at 3am this morning but I was persuaded in my heart I could complete my tasks before dawn. I woke up late at 5.30am with just 45 minutes to set my laser optical instruments and take critical readings before the sun blinds them. I finished the 2 hour task in 30 minutes.

There are certain things and situations you need to ignore reasoning and believe that challenge can be overcome at all odds. You can then imagine what belief in the Almighty God can do for man. We are truly a fallen generation. That is why the world continues its downward slide to despondency.
Re: NHS Nurse Who Offered Bible To A Cancer Patient 'rightly Sacked' says court by CoolAmbience(m): 1:31pm On May 22, 2019
rkennyking:
what you have in your firm is maximum decorum and see how everyone focus and business runs well. Religion is a personal thing. Do it at your home , your place of worship. Do you know some Christian hate the site of white garment churches, likewise sunni Muslims and shite don flow. This things are our differences we should try as Much as possible to limit the way we bring it to surface

You are very right.
Re: NHS Nurse Who Offered Bible To A Cancer Patient 'rightly Sacked' says court by Bonapart(m): 1:31pm On May 22, 2019
danjumakolo:
lol thank God,this wasn't in naija.
C.A.N for don jump up
mumu
Re: NHS Nurse Who Offered Bible To A Cancer Patient 'rightly Sacked' says court by maisauki: 2:00pm On May 22, 2019
I think she shuld 1st pray so she has husband
Re: NHS Nurse Who Offered Bible To A Cancer Patient 'rightly Sacked' says court by Nobody: 2:08pm On May 22, 2019
Skyfornia:
Almost every hospital in Nigeria conduct morning devotion at least once every week...praying, praising, dancing and singing to God.

And the crime becomes the culture/norm
SMH
Re: NHS Nurse Who Offered Bible To A Cancer Patient 'rightly Sacked' says court by Talib93(m): 2:09pm On May 22, 2019
Skyfornia:
Her crime is shoving religion down people's throats and her actions while benign constitutes the bedrock of life-wasting crusades angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: NHS Nurse Who Offered Bible To A Cancer Patient 'rightly Sacked' says court by Nobody: 2:10pm On May 22, 2019
iammo:
cool

british introduced us to the bible, i wonder why they are now grumpy about it

cheesy
Query scam
Re: NHS Nurse Who Offered Bible To A Cancer Patient 'rightly Sacked' says court by Nobody: 2:22pm On May 22, 2019
When she is not the Pastor in charge of the hospital grin grin
She needs to go open church abeg, and join APC in the process.

cc lzaa adaibeku husbandsnatcha

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NHS Nurse Who Offered Bible To A Cancer Patient 'rightly Sacked' says court by Coolgent(m): 2:54pm On May 22, 2019
Is ok
Re: NHS Nurse Who Offered Bible To A Cancer Patient 'rightly Sacked' says court by LZAA: 3:33pm On May 22, 2019
immhotep:
When she is not the Pastor in charge of the hospital grin grin
She needs to go open church abeg, and join APC in the process.

cc lzaa adaibeku husbandsnatcha
grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NHS Nurse Who Offered Bible To A Cancer Patient 'rightly Sacked' says court by rkennyking(m): 3:39pm On May 22, 2019
sacx:

If it is their policy, then so be it. We render to Caesar what belongs to Caesar. No need trying to act commando.

@ the bolded, two things I would say; you've never been SICK; you haven't met a son of God.

The present face of Christianity you see being brandished today is not the real deal. Miracle, the manifestation of the supernatural, are normal occurrences for a believer. No big deal. Those signs (miracles, healing, dead raising) are meant to follow a believer. He doesn't chase after it. If the signs are only meant to be a mark of his presence, think about what his real presence portends. You haven't seen nothing yet.
what about signs we see in other religions too. Some days ago in the north a tree was with Allah inscription. If you tell me it's fake so how true is your own signs . this is why I dont think a through religion should even advocate miracle at all. Let our God do those things for everyone so nobody will have monopoly of performing miracle . that way it won't be a scam .
Re: NHS Nurse Who Offered Bible To A Cancer Patient 'rightly Sacked' says court by rkennyking(m): 3:43pm On May 22, 2019
able20:
,p
You are just confused, the moment you start reasoning you start believing in your reasoning.
You believe in your reasoning otherwise you can't even think.
So my dear people have faith whatever they believe
Your action is influenced by your beliefs.
lol you missed it still, I reasoning about something and also believing it ?? Something that I am not even sure about . now let's analysis your position you said you can't reason without belief so that mean you belief before you reason. Man if I am confuse its you that is confusing me then . confusionist
Re: NHS Nurse Who Offered Bible To A Cancer Patient 'rightly Sacked' says court by LordPsalm(m): 3:50pm On May 22, 2019
While Paul asked Timiothy to take little alcohol due to his frequent stomach ache.
Over-religious people everywhere
Re: NHS Nurse Who Offered Bible To A Cancer Patient 'rightly Sacked' says court by Nobody: 4:50pm On May 22, 2019
Uyi168:
undecided

Do you know why Hospitals have mortuary? Because doctors dont trust medicine 100%

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Friends Forcefully Bath Man In Public For Refusing To Bath For Years (Video) / Fake Eva Water Factory Discovered & Shut Down In Rivers State (video) / Ondo Corper Tests Positive For Coronavirus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.