Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,505 members, 7,819,832 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:00 AM

My Facebook Account Blocked After A Scammer Called Me - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / My Facebook Account Blocked After A Scammer Called Me (21720 Views)

See The Message A Scammer Sent Me (pics) / See The Fake Credit Alert A Scammer Sent Me / My Facebook Account Hacked! How Do I Retrieve It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Facebook Account Blocked After A Scammer Called Me by Acidosis(m): 9:06am On May 23, 2019
Three things scammers want:

1. Details and access to your financial transactions.

2. Sensitive and compromising details that can generate instant cash flow (e.g. Nude).

3. Access and control over your accounts (identity theft).

Of these three, number 3 is the most dangerous and easiest for scammers. And yes, you're at a greater risk when the same key that unlocked 3, leads to 1 and 2. When scammers gain their way to 3, the first assignment is to penetrate 1 and 2.

Some of you have millions and very sensitive information in your official email, yet you use the same email and password on Nairaland. Because Seu.n and other Webmasters tell you that your password is safe and hidden? Lol. Just wait until someone hack this site and leave our password and emails online. Same happened to one popular Nigerian forum sometime in 2011/2012.

2 Likes

Re: My Facebook Account Blocked After A Scammer Called Me by Imo1stson: 9:09am On May 23, 2019
Ademidd:
No one will attend to me now and I have been trying to call the customer care, its not even going through at all. The number is linked to all my accounts. As it is now, I am afraid to check my account balance

Go straight to your bank this morning unfailingly.

1 Like

Re: My Facebook Account Blocked After A Scammer Called Me by Damfostopper(m): 9:11am On May 23, 2019
Ademidd:
I read your post on nairaland then, it even made me stay woke.
@techCapon, I tried changing the Facebook password, the new password was sent into the guys email. I don't know how he did that. I called his line after, he said 'do you think you are wise' then he hanged up. I will upload a screenshot soon.
aaaaaaaaah.... he even challenge you

1 Like

Re: My Facebook Account Blocked After A Scammer Called Me by Ademidd: 9:12am On May 23, 2019
Scetrocom:

That's a wrong call. Police cannot help you to secure your account. Listen to what people are telling you here. Go to any branch of your bank nearest to you, tell them to block you account from making any payment before it is too late. If they are not attending to you, make some noise and tell them you want to speak with the manager. They will quickly listen to you. Leave police out for now.
I have done that. I reported at the police station yesterday because I have a lot of pictures on my profile and I was scared because I thought the guy may use my fb account to defraud people....I don't want police to arrest me for what I knew nothing about.
Re: My Facebook Account Blocked After A Scammer Called Me by Ademidd: 9:13am On May 23, 2019
Damfostopper:
aaaaaaaaah.... he even challenge you
as in I don suffer grin grin
Re: My Facebook Account Blocked After A Scammer Called Me by Ademidd: 9:14am On May 23, 2019
Imo1stson:

Go straight to your bank this morning unfailingly.
I ve done that...thanks

1 Like

Re: My Facebook Account Blocked After A Scammer Called Me by Iretii0511(m): 9:15am On May 23, 2019
Stillthebest:

He cAnt do anything to your bank account so long there's no atm info of yours in your Facebook page... He only needs your Facebook to work. He will change your Facebook Infos. They did it to me but I later got my Facebook acct back after a week but he's used it to dupe family and friends about 180k. He claimed "his father"(me) was sick. "Ohun lo ma sick"

How did you get it back please?
Re: My Facebook Account Blocked After A Scammer Called Me by David46130: 9:20am On May 23, 2019
[sup][/sup]
Re: My Facebook Account Blocked After A Scammer Called Me by Eze2000(m): 9:21am On May 23, 2019
Ademidd:
A Scammer Called Me And Not Long After My Facebook Account Was Blocked.

Good day nairalanders, I received a call from an unknown number around 4pm today, the caller said Facebook is giving out #20,000 that he needed 'some' of my account details. I told him immediately that I can't give out my account details. Then he asked for the name of my bank, I told him its sterling bank which is a lie. I don't have an account with sterling bank. Then he said 'I will send recharge cards instead' I didn't even pay attention to him, I hanged up...

On getting home now, trying to log into my Facebook account to check new post a sewing group I joined rececently, I got a reply that my account has been blocked.

What is getting me worried now is that six weeks ago, I tried calling my bank customer care line for almost 2days, the numbers were not going through. Since I am not on twitter, I decided to reach out to their customer care on Facebook. I sent a message to them and they replied and I deleted our conversations immediately. I didn't give out name of account even though its my Facebook username and any other account details.

Now, what do you think could have happened, I tried calling the customer care line not its not going through. What do you think the scammer is trying to get to and should I disconnect my number from that account( if there's anything like that)

Mods kindly help me, I'm scared.

That police report will not save you when your account defrauds many on facebook and gets reported to the EFCC.

ACT IMMEDIATELY AND STOP BEING FOOLISH. YOUR ACCOUNT WAS HACKED FOR THE PURPOSE OF PERPETRATING FRAUD. YOU COULD SLEEP TODAY AND BE WANTED FOR FRAUD IN OVER 10 COUNTRIES TOMORROW.

HURRYYYY....

GO HERE. READ IT AND REPORT YOUR ACCOUNT. AT MOST SHUT IT DOWN....

https://www.lifewire.com/help-my-facebook-account-has-been-hacked-2487299

Hurry, I won't like to you hurt or destroyed. 90% of the people that have spent so many years in Nigerian jails are innocent inmates awaiting trial. You wanna join them?

You were targeted cos most men believe woman are easier prey and how right this one was. Move your ass your solution is online for now not in a police station. If you have further issues mention me and I will dedicate time to help you for free.

Go and shut that account down, NOW!

2 Likes

Re: My Facebook Account Blocked After A Scammer Called Me by Fixedmaches1195: 9:21am On May 23, 2019
See below

Re: My Facebook Account Blocked After A Scammer Called Me by Nbote(m): 9:26am On May 23, 2019
CyberWolf:
Did you add your phone number to your hacked Facebook account? If yes, then it has nothing to do with your bank account. The scammer, maybe different from the one that called you, used your phone number with the ‘0 code’ to hack your account. I can hack any Facebook account as long as a phone number is added to the account.

Seriously? Hack a Facebook account so long as d fone is added to it?
Re: My Facebook Account Blocked After A Scammer Called Me by Nobody: 9:27am On May 23, 2019
mofedamijo:

He did the right thing by informing the Police, the issue is if the guy who hacked it use his facebook to defraud people, who do you think they will arrest, you know Nigerian Police no sabi do investigation, na to arrest this innocent guy, but now that he has made a statement at the Police Station, and also have the guyz number, if anything happens, at least, his lawyer can testify that he reported the case to the police about his hacked account.

I concur.

OP, you are doing good by filing a police report BUT you absolutely need to go to your nearest bank afterwards. Ask for the Branch Manager and cause a mini scene if necessary to get attention. Just start throwing big words in a loud voice like that politician guy from the east.

3 Likes

Re: My Facebook Account Blocked After A Scammer Called Me by Ademidd: 9:28am On May 23, 2019
Aaronbee7:

I think he's had access to your fb account before he put the call through to you. He wanted to get some important details he can use to completely OWN both your facebook and bank account.
As for your bank, go to any of the branches closer to you and complain. If you still have your phone you may not need to change the number linked to the account, maybe just the email - let the bank advise you on what's best.
As for your facebook, contact facebook support and report "compromized account." If you can trace your email inbox carefully you will see where facebook had sent you a notification that someone is trying to change your profile phone number or email and that you should ignore the mail if it's you or click a link to retrieve your account... If you see such, click the link. Although it will be too late already but you will be asked to provide a proof of ID. If you provide a vaild ID FB will block the account permanently and neither you nor the hacker can gain access to it again. I think it's better they permanently block it instead of someone else using your account to defraud your unsuspecting friends and putting you in trouble. Sorry about that.
I complained at the bank this morning. Yes, he called to ask for my account details, he even asked for my bank name. I didn't give him any...
Re: My Facebook Account Blocked After A Scammer Called Me by Eze2000(m): 9:28am On May 23, 2019
Iretii0511:

I have already told you that. Facebook has a complaint section just for your case. and while you are at it call you relative and warn them. Anyone who can give you money with just an ask, call them and warn them
Re: My Facebook Account Blocked After A Scammer Called Me by Beulah77: 9:30am On May 23, 2019
Ademidd:
No one will attend to me now and I have been trying to call the customer care, its not even going through at all. The number is linked to all my accounts. As it is now, I am afraid to check my account balance

It seems you are a daft, go to your bank hall and enquire what the problem is simple as ABC
Re: My Facebook Account Blocked After A Scammer Called Me by ashawopikin(m): 9:33am On May 23, 2019
Ademidd:
I am in the police station right now to complain
simple instructions u will not follow, they said to to your bank branch, u are going to police station, Na police wan protect your bank account?
Re: My Facebook Account Blocked After A Scammer Called Me by ashawopikin(m): 9:34am On May 23, 2019
Rhymez:
Now Listen Carefully.......STOP USING PHONE NUMBER AS FACEBOOK PASSWORD
dats the key
Re: My Facebook Account Blocked After A Scammer Called Me by McRhymesman: 9:37am On May 23, 2019
just go to your bank as suggested by people and ensure to keep logging in to your account.... you will just log in when u feel the guy will not be using it then u will be able to disconnect him and make sure to secure your email very well. also change your Facebook to two-step verification
Re: My Facebook Account Blocked After A Scammer Called Me by Stillthebest: 9:37am On May 23, 2019
Iretii0511:

Type in your username then click on change password. Follow the process.

If you still can't, type how to take back my hacked Facebook account in Google follow the url(link) then follow the process... Facebook ha some indexing systems that would identify that yo had constantly logged in on that same device you use. Make sure u do this on the device you had always used to login to your Facebook account.

Follow the process and it would tell you to change your password.

Another way, it could ask you to identify some people and contact them to get you codes in security sections of their own accounts, these codes are what you would need to take back your account. But I prefer the first procedure as the latter is cumbersome.

2 Likes

Re: My Facebook Account Blocked After A Scammer Called Me by focus7: 9:42am On May 23, 2019
Ademidd:

Which Bank is that which won't attend to a customer? Every Bank has a table to attend to the customers, don't just stay on nairaland presuming no will attend to you.
Re: My Facebook Account Blocked After A Scammer Called Me by ibolord(m): 9:50am On May 23, 2019
Username.....
Password......Ofeakwu@1#%$&×/?007

Guys always use crazy passwords. Na so I dey do am.

4 Likes

Re: My Facebook Account Blocked After A Scammer Called Me by sunmarouk(m): 9:56am On May 23, 2019
Ademidd:
A Scammer Called Me And Not Long After My Facebook Account Was Blocked.

Good day nairalanders, I received a call from an unknown number around 4pm today, the caller said Facebook is giving out #20,000 that he needed 'some' of my account details. I told him immediately that I can't give out my account details. Then he asked for the name of my bank, I told him its sterling bank which is a lie. I don't have an account with sterling bank. Then he said 'I will send recharge cards instead' I didn't even pay attention to him, I hanged up...

On getting home now, trying to log into my Facebook account to check new post a sewing group I joined rececently, I got a reply that my account has been blocked.

What is getting me worried now is that six weeks ago, I tried calling my bank customer care line for almost 2days, the numbers were not going through. Since I am not on twitter, I decided to reach out to their customer care on Facebook. I sent a message to them and they replied and I deleted our conversations immediately. I didn't give out name of account even though its my Facebook username and any other account details.

Now, what do you think could have happened, I tried calling the customer care line not its not going through. What do you think the scammer is trying to get to and should I disconnect my number from that account( if there's anything like that)

Mods kindly help me, I'm scared.

lol. why you dey fear like this. that's why we all need to be informed, especially technologically. well, there is nothing to be worried about. as far as any of ur passpord of ATM & other thngs are not written anywhere online, then u are safe. no need disconnecting ur phone number frm ur bank account, they cant get to it without ur permission/authorisation. Make sure, all accounts(bank or otherwise) are all connected to ur email, phone numbr for authentication. hv two mail, if possible to serve as security for each other
Re: My Facebook Account Blocked After A Scammer Called Me by Ademidd: 10:04am On May 23, 2019
focus7:

Which Bank is that which won't attend to a customer? Every Bank has a table to attend to the customers, don't just stay on nairaland presuming no will attend to you.
it was already 6pm. Who will attend to me at that time

1 Like

Re: My Facebook Account Blocked After A Scammer Called Me by focus7: 10:05am On May 23, 2019
Ademidd:
it was already 6pm. Who will attend to me around that time

But have you visited the bank now?
Re: My Facebook Account Blocked After A Scammer Called Me by Ademidd: 10:07am On May 23, 2019
Beulah77:

It seems you are a daft, go to your bank hall and enquire what the problem is simple as ABC
I am not daft, i've done the necessary things already. undecided
Re: My Facebook Account Blocked After A Scammer Called Me by Chosenseed: 10:18am On May 23, 2019
go to ur bank u are going to police u too dull. maybe no money in ur account sef
Ademidd:
I am in the police station right now to complain
Re: My Facebook Account Blocked After A Scammer Called Me by Boschh(m): 10:32am On May 23, 2019
MicroSweet:

Very correct. I keep seeing this among my Facebook friends: a friend you recently chatted with just turns to a 'white man'! I usually block and delete such friends. And it's always happening to female Facebook friends.

Yeah you're right.. Females are easily hacked because they know next to nothing when it comes to security. I don't blame them though. Half the females on Facebook created their account using their Phone number which is highly insecure..

Most females can't even create an Email account themselves. I just hope they can learn a thing or two about how the Internet works and not just taking selfies..

1 Like

Re: My Facebook Account Blocked After A Scammer Called Me by montumonami(m): 10:38am On May 23, 2019
That's how I got 177 mutual friends with a "white woman" . I have reported a bunch of such to Facebook
MicroSweet:

Very correct. I keep seeing this among my Facebook friends: a friend you recently chatted with just turns to a 'white man'! I usually block and delete such friends. And it's always happening to female Facebook friends.
Re: My Facebook Account Blocked After A Scammer Called Me by Boschh(m): 10:38am On May 23, 2019
Nbote:

Like seriously? How is dat even possible?

Very simple..

Type the target's phone number on "forgotten password" tab and click on retrieve. They'll send a reset password to the phone number used in registration..

If he has physical access to your phone, C'est Fini..
Re: My Facebook Account Blocked After A Scammer Called Me by Ademidd: 10:44am On May 23, 2019
focus7:

But have you visited the bank now?
Yes, thanks

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How To Frustrate A Scammer / Has Anyone Bought Ntel Simcard? / What Is The Best Phone You've Ever Used?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.