Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,100 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:52 AM

Man Spotted Cows Matching At Night In Abuja - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Man Spotted Cows Matching At Night In Abuja (50239 Views)

Man Spotted Seriously Eating On A Moving Danfo / Photos Of The 52 Cows Killed By Train In Kaduna / Oyinbo Man Spotted Hawking Soft Drinks To Nigerians In UK Traffic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Spotted Cows Matching At Night In Abuja by Nobody: 5:08pm On May 24, 2019
budaatum:

The person I was 'talking' with clearly understands what was meant. Note how we weren't 'arguing' because both of us know a cow in India or Nigeria is just meat, whether revered or worshipped or protected with your life. You're just going on unnecessarily with a rather "immaterial" argument MaNy. Try being a bit less pedantically literal in your understanding perhaps.

Talk about being pedantic? You better check yourself before you start talking gibberish. I guess you either did not read my first article and my initial response to your comment or you read both without comprehension, But either way, it really does not matter what your thoughts and opinions are. Let me repeat what I said from the get-go before you chimed in... "I can say without equivocation that Nigeria is the only country that I have had the privilege of visiting in all my travels that I have seen herds of cows competing with vehicular traffic on a major road in a city."

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man Spotted Cows Matching At Night In Abuja by budaatum: 5:22pm On May 24, 2019
MaNyEsq:

Talk about being pedantic? You better check yourself before you start talking gibberish. I guess you either did not read my first article and my initial response to your comment or you read both without comprehension, But either way, it really does not matter what your thoughts and opinions are. Let me repeat what I said from the get-go before you chimed in... "I can say without equivocation that Nigeria is the only country that I have had the privilege of visiting in all my travels that I have seen herds of cows competing with vehicular traffic on a major road in a city."
And I simply responded having "had the privilege of visiting in all my travels" countries where cows are treated with more reverence, which on reflection, you said was true.

Please do not feel diminished by "gibberish". Its just a "view" and "thought" and "opinion".
Re: Man Spotted Cows Matching At Night In Abuja by Nobody: 6:16pm On May 24, 2019
budaatum:

And I simply responded having "had the privilege of visiting in all my travels" countries where cows are treated with more reverence, which on reflection, you said was true.

Please do not feel diminished by "gibberish". Its just a "view" and "thought" and "opinion".

Please, spare me the anguish! I am neither diminished by you or your gibberish. The point is that society has in some way become so effusive due to the advent of the internet giving people the temerity to read something without comprehension and make some "off the wall" comments. So, if by your own admission that I agreed with your point albeit with a caveat as regards to India, why the proclivity towards my article? Let me try to break it down maybe you will understand. In India, cows roam the streets because it is their religious belief that cows are sacred; cows roam the streets in Nigeria, not for religious reasons but because the present government believes that cows are more precious than human lives. Of the two scenarios, reasonable minds would give more deference to India simply because their reason is rooted in their religion, which can't be said of Nigeria. I am not sure what your whole point was but I hope this helps you immensely! Buh Bye!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man Spotted Cows Matching At Night In Abuja by budaatum: 6:22pm On May 24, 2019
MaNyEsq:

Please, spare me the anguish! I am neither diminished by you or your gibberish. The point is that society has in some way become so effusive due to the advent of the internet giving people the temerity to read something without comprehension and make some "off the wall" comments. So, if by your own admission that I agreed with your point albeit with a caveat as regards to India, why the proclivity? Let me try to break it down maybe you will understand. In India, cows roam the streets because it is their religious belief that cows are sacred; cows roam the streets in Nigeria, not for religious reasons but because the present government believes that cows are more precious than human lives. Of the two scenarios, reasonable minds would give more deference to India simply because their reason is rooted in their religion, which can't be said of Nigeria. I am not sure what your whole point was but I hope this helps you immensely! Buh Bye!
Why would one "give more deference to a cow in India simply because their reason (not of all, by the way), is rooted in their religion"? Is a cow not just a cow wherever it is?

Not everyone gives "more deference to a cow", not even in India! You can educate yourself here if you care to.
Re: Man Spotted Cows Matching At Night In Abuja by Nobody: 6:39pm On May 24, 2019
budaatum:

Why would one "give more deference to a cow in India simply because their reason (not of all, by the way), is rooted in their religion"? Is a cow not just a cow wherever it is?

Not everyone gives "more deference to a cow", not even in India! You can educate yourself here if you care to.

I am in awe of your reasoning. Not sure if your point is that Cows should be allowed to roam around the streets in Nigeria simply because they are allowed to do so in India. But whatever your point is, it's surely irrelevant to what my initial article was about.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man Spotted Cows Matching At Night In Abuja by budaatum: 6:42pm On May 24, 2019
MaNyEsq:

I am in awe of your reasoning. Not sure if your point is that Cows should be allowed to roam around the streets in Nigeria simply because they are allowed to do so in India. But whatever your point is, it's surely irrelevant to what my initial article was about.
It was really just a comment MaNy.
And you're making way too much of it.
Re: Man Spotted Cows Matching At Night In Abuja by Nobody: 6:51pm On May 24, 2019
budaatum:

It was really just a comment MaNy.
And you're making way too much of it.

I understood it was a comment and that was why I stated that I was in agreement with you about India but you would not let it go simply because I said that India has more of a religious view of their cows.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man Spotted Cows Matching At Night In Abuja by budaatum: 8:29pm On May 24, 2019
MaNyEsq:

I understood it was a comment and that was why I stated that I was in agreement with you about India but you would not let it go simply because I said that India has more of a religious view of their cows.
You funny MaNy. Why should you care if I "let it go" or not? Isn't it my time, my data, and my "gibberish" even?

Try to stop making out buda's opinion is so important. buda is just one of the many faceless individuals on here.
Re: Man Spotted Cows Matching At Night In Abuja by Nobody: 8:34pm On May 24, 2019
budaatum:

You funny MaNy. Why should you care if I "let it go" or not? Isn't it my time, my data, and my "gibberish" even?

Try to stop making out buda's opinion is so important. buda is just one of the many faceless individuals on here.

Ha! Ha!! Ha!!! I guess the joke is on you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man Spotted Cows Matching At Night In Abuja by budaatum: 8:57pm On May 24, 2019
MaNyEsq:

Ha! Ha!! Ha!!! I guess the joke is on you.
Indeed it is. And why you did not see that all along amuses me. The fact my opinion matters so much to you is rather touching though, loving, in fact, and very endearing indeed. So endearing that I am going to just come out with it and beg you to marry me please.

I love you too MaNyEsq. With my heart and mind and being (and my cows, might I add). So send me your details, my darling dearest future loving hubby please, so I can send dowry. It will not be in cows since I think you might not so much revere the meat.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Container Crushes A Toyota Camry In Lagos (Photo) / Anambra In Diaspora Troop Into State Despite High Cost Of Flight Tickets(photos) / Father Almost Crushed His Son Who Was Hiding Under His Car (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.