Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,011 members, 7,810,803 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:48 PM

Protesters Storm Edo Assembly Over Eletricity Theft Bill, Pelt Speaker's Image - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Protesters Storm Edo Assembly Over Eletricity Theft Bill, Pelt Speaker's Image (10620 Views)

Angry Oyo APC Members Pelt Ganduje, Entourage With Sachet Water / Leave Or I'll Pelt You With Stones - Ilorin Cleric Attacks Osun Priestess, Wors / Tinubu, Lawan, APC Govs To Storm Edo For Campaign Rally (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Protesters Storm Edo Assembly Over Eletricity Theft Bill, Pelt Speaker's Image by Nobody: 1:03pm On May 24, 2019
I know that I probably would get a lot of oranges thrown at me...but..

Electricity theft is a big reason why we don't have light.

A lot of Nigerians don't pay for power. They want to use it free of charge. And that puts a lot of stress on those of us who do pay

The problem has been there since NEPA days. Illegal connection, stealing of power, etc.

Sorry, but the protesters want power free of charge. You cannot run a business where people come and take things on credit.

And that's the truth. Call me names, but we don't have light because we don't pay for it. Time we did. aND TIME THOSE DISCOS METERED ALL OF US.

PS: You are free to criticise my comment...but if you call me 'idiat' or any other crude insult...I report you to the mods. Thank you.

3 Likes

Re: Protesters Storm Edo Assembly Over Eletricity Theft Bill, Pelt Speaker's Image by prigoz(m): 1:05pm On May 24, 2019
Edo and Darkness are 5&6,
Re: Protesters Storm Edo Assembly Over Eletricity Theft Bill, Pelt Speaker's Image by Tiffbuxas: 1:30pm On May 24, 2019
Wow!!! You even get 6hours I'll av to pack to o do o.... Our own is 48hrs off 6hrs on
grandstar:
BEDC is perhaps the worst Disco in the country.

In Ondo town, they barely get 6 hours of power daily. In Bolorunduro which is a village of about 3,500 people close to Ondo town, have not had light for about 8 years now. The Disco claimed they are being owed 8m by the town

And it's the same awful service in all 3 States they control, Ondo, Delta and Edo state. I'm not sure if Ekiti is among.

One can partially understand why the protesters are engaged by this Bill. There's hardly any power in the first place!
Re: Protesters Storm Edo Assembly Over Eletricity Theft Bill, Pelt Speaker's Image by JuanDeDios: 1:32pm On May 24, 2019
crisycent:
I’m proud of my brothers
For supporting theft or stoning a speaker?
Re: Protesters Storm Edo Assembly Over Eletricity Theft Bill, Pelt Speaker's Image by Tiffbuxas: 1:33pm On May 24, 2019
tactius:

A lot of Nigerians don't pay for power. They want to use it free of charge. And that puts a lot of stress on those of us who do pay

The problem has been there since NEPA days. Illegal connection, stealing of power, etc.

Sorry, but the protesters want power free of charge. You cannot run a business where people come and take things on credit.

And that's the truth. Call me names, but we don't have light because we don't pay for it. Time we did. aND TIME THOSE DISCOS METERED ALL OF US.

PS: You are free to criticise my comment...but if you call me 'idiat' or any other crude insult...I report you to the mods. Thank you.
electricity theft is a problem but when a person uses lite for approximately 5days in a month and you bring bill of 30k who is the thief there? I like the fact you pointed to the METERING cuz BEDC don't like the idea of giving meters if they give you meter how can they inflate the amount and thief? The bill like most bills is used to oppress the masses and protect the elite in this case the discos

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Protesters Storm Edo Assembly Over Eletricity Theft Bill, Pelt Speaker's Image by simplygreat(m): 1:41pm On May 24, 2019
This bill is against those Wicked Customers who have functional meters but instead of paying for light given to them through their prepaid meters, they choose to bypass their meters and steal power. Some of them complaining in the video stay in areas where they enjoy 12, 15 and 18 hours daily yet they choose not to pay for power but bypass. Its high time citizens also do their own bit with the little available to them. You cannot expect to live a life of luxury and not want to pay for it. We would get it right as a people

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Protesters Storm Edo Assembly Over Eletricity Theft Bill, Pelt Speaker's Image by sizer07: 1:49pm On May 24, 2019

Look you are so so right here where I stay in Benin. Landlady who owns the house is a big energy thief. Since I paid money over a year ago it was two days ago I saw that meter recharge.energy thief is the biggest problem in all those south south state that's why light is always an issue. Places like north kaduna n other northern part ,they pay for light and that they see light almost 24 hours. If the menace is not stop there is no way those DISCOs will supply light. They are running at a lost due to constant energy thief. Oluru buruku most of them protesting are energy thiefs

1 Like

Re: Protesters Storm Edo Assembly Over Eletricity Theft Bill, Pelt Speaker's Image by Nobody: 1:54pm On May 24, 2019
Tiffbuxas:
electricity theft is a problem but when a person uses lite for approximately 5days in a month and you bring bill of 30k who is the thief there? I like the fact you pointed to the METERING cuz BEDC don't like the idea of giving meters if they give you meter how can they inflate the amount and thief? The bill like most bills is used to oppress the masses and protect the elite in this case the discos

Thanks.

Isn't BEDC doing aggressive metering. Here in the FCT, Abuja DISCO is now metering everyone who doesn't have a meter.
Re: Protesters Storm Edo Assembly Over Eletricity Theft Bill, Pelt Speaker's Image by follock007(m): 2:06pm On May 24, 2019
The state has light but it is the head that doesn't have light. The figure-head has autoimmune disease because he is unable to make the difference between the politically right and the lefties.
Cain was adopted by Adam on the absence of Abel his legitimate sun/son, so he went to a strange land called Nod for Nomad because No Mad noisemaker is welcomed there or backward nomad is a demon and also Nod means to nod your head because you get inspired or a nerd, people who are highly sober but intelligent and educated. Yet there Cain settled down and built a city which is supposed to be far more developed than Eden of Adam, after he was elected to oversee resources. What could have happen if they didn't nod their heads like a hip-hop rap dancer to his tales or supposing he met cannibals there who skinned him alive and used his blood to worship their deity like Abel once did and like people are still doing around Nigeria, especially that Benin?
Re: Protesters Storm Edo Assembly Over Eletricity Theft Bill, Pelt Speaker's Image by Tiffbuxas: 2:15pm On May 24, 2019
tactius:

Thanks.

Isn't BEDC doing aggressive metering. Here in the FCT, Abuja DISCO is now metering everyone who doesn't have a meter.
wow!!! Abuja av DISCOS BEDC is a strippers club. They are not doing metering lest of all aggressive metering... All they do is aggressive estimated billings

1 Like

Re: Protesters Storm Edo Assembly Over Eletricity Theft Bill, Pelt Speaker's Image by Tiffbuxas: 2:15pm On May 24, 2019
tactius:

Thanks.

wow!!! Abuja av DISCOS BEDC is a strippers club. They are not doing metering lest of all aggressive metering... All they do is aggressive estimated billings nd refusal to give lite to areas with more prepaid meters
Re: Protesters Storm Edo Assembly Over Eletricity Theft Bill, Pelt Speaker's Image by Bellotelli: 3:04pm On May 24, 2019
Hmmm... So they should allow you guys to keep stealing electrricity. Edo and stealing na 5 and 6.
Re: Protesters Storm Edo Assembly Over Eletricity Theft Bill, Pelt Speaker's Image by osothermal(m): 3:15pm On May 24, 2019
Bellotelli:
Hmmm... So they should allow you guys to keep stealing electrricity. Edo and stealing na 5 and 6.
Goat

1 Like

Re: Protesters Storm Edo Assembly Over Eletricity Theft Bill, Pelt Speaker's Image by Glycosunde: 3:41pm On May 24, 2019
Some of u commenting here don't know anything. Y didn't they pass a bill to force bedc to meter everyone first before passing this one. I won't have light for over 3weeks every month n u r bringing over estimated billing that was used by who n to be payed by who. Let them do d needy at d right time. Nobody is saying this bill is not good but d passage is immature
Re: Protesters Storm Edo Assembly Over Eletricity Theft Bill, Pelt Speaker's Image by Bellotelli: 8:37pm On May 24, 2019
osothermal:
Goat
Cow
Re: Protesters Storm Edo Assembly Over Eletricity Theft Bill, Pelt Speaker's Image by sapientia(m): 8:59pm On May 24, 2019
What did the bill say?

Re: Protesters Storm Edo Assembly Over Eletricity Theft Bill, Pelt Speaker's Image by booksrite(f): 3:18am On Jun 29, 2019

shocked

(1) (2) (Reply)

Fani Kayode: Tinubu’s Supporters Will Crush Obidients With Experience, Numbers / Rt. Hon. Muktar Betara Aliyu Set To Officially Declare House Speakership Bid / Imo Guber Election, Official Results

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.