Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,771 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:01 AM

Onitsha Ancient Bridge Collapses - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Onitsha Ancient Bridge Collapses (25008 Views)

Obi Of Onitsha Ofala Festival 2015- PHOTOS / Seven Interesting Facts About The Ancient Yoruba Culture / Black African Nobility Of Ancient Europe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Onitsha Ancient Bridge Collapses by chismart02: 8:29am On Sep 25, 2013
One of the oldest colonial drainages in the country, located on Old Market Road, Onitsha in Anambra State, has collapsed, cutting off the main market. The collapsed bridge also damaged a car parked on the road leading to the market.

It was gathered that the drainage, built by the colonial masters, early 1927, started caving in recently, following lack of maintenance and heavy traffic. It finally yielded to pressure yesterday and collapsed.

An eyewitness, who has a shop opposite the collapsed drainage and gave her name simply as Chinwe, said the collapse of the bridge might not be unconnected with its age as well as lack of maintenance by successive administrations in the state.

Chinwe disclosed that she heard a loud sound, when the drainage collapsed, adding that a Toyota Siena car parked along the road was affected, following the shockwaves created by the collapse of the drainage.
http://sunnewsonline.com/new/cover/onitsha-ancient-bridge-collapses

Re: Onitsha Ancient Bridge Collapses by OuchDaddy(m): 8:31am On Sep 25, 2013
Where is the collapsed Bridge?? Anyway incase this makes Fp!!!!!! FTC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4 Likes

Re: Onitsha Ancient Bridge Collapses by Nobody: 8:50am On Sep 25, 2013
Baybe: SMDH embarassed

Cheap crack at work

I think he took way too much! Cheapest quality of the highest quantity! grin

5 Likes

Re: Onitsha Ancient Bridge Collapses by ifyalways(f): 9:09am On Sep 25, 2013
Is there a bridge @ old market road? I don't think so

Edit: crazy people full nld. cheesy opening line says "bridge" , last line says "drainage"
Ndi ara.

13 Likes

Re: Onitsha Ancient Bridge Collapses by AbuMikey(m): 9:11am On Sep 25, 2013
ajiban: It's not easy not to believe in God (and supernatural miracles) in Nigeria. Left, right, center, people are claiming miracles and supernatural intervention. Every Nigerian - politicians, businessmen, educators, beggars, and criminals inclusive - believes in the miracle working God, the devil, demons, witches, wizards, and 'spiritual attacks'!

Is there someone else on Nairaland who lives in Nigeria and does not believe in God? How do you manage to hold on to your unbelief in the midst of all these dogmatic believers? Whew, isn't this country too hot?!

- a concerned Nigerian unbeliever.
Can't you trace your steps back to Yaba Left? undecided

12 Likes

Re: Onitsha Ancient Bridge Collapses by Okijajuju1(m): 9:13am On Sep 25, 2013
chismart02: One of the oldest colonial drainages
in the country, located on Old Market
Road, Onitsha in Anambra State, has
collapsed, cutting off the main
market. The collapsed bridge also
damaged a car parked on the road
leading to the market.
It was gathered that the drainage,
built by the colonial masters, early
1927, started caving in recently,
following lack of maintenance and
heavy traffic. It finally yielded to
pressure yesterday and collapsed.
An eyewitness, who has a shop
opposite the collapsed drainage and
gave her name simply as Chinwe,
said the collapse of the bridge might
not be unconnected with its age as
well as lack of maintenance by
successive administrations in the
state.
Chinwe disclosed that she heard a
loud sound, when the drainage
collapsed, adding that a Toyota Siena
car parked along the road was
affected, following the shockwaves
created by the collapse of the
drainage.

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/cover/onitsha-ancient-bridge-collapses

I am confused...

Na bridge or na Drainage collapse abeg?!
Re: Onitsha Ancient Bridge Collapses by Slizbeat(m): 9:57am On Sep 25, 2013
Okija_juju:

I am confused...

Na bridge or na Drainage collapse abeg?!

D same question wey I dey ask o! my broda?? And na only sienna e damage?? bridge abi drainage?

1 Like

Re: Onitsha Ancient Bridge Collapses by OuchDaddy(m): 9:59am On Sep 25, 2013
Ajibanban:

Billions can be fooled, but I wont be. Simple Biology states and proves that Egg and Sperm MUST fuse to form an embryo, and fetus - the precursors of babies.

It baffles me, that billions of people, both Christians, and non-Christians, believe that Holy Spirit had sperm, had sex with Mary and fathered Jesus.

Something is definitely wrong with many humans, but not Billyonaire.

I refuse to believe this, and I conclude that the Virgin Birth of Jesus - is the Most Acceptable Lie, most unquestionable Lie.

(Quote) (Report)

Lmao!!!! Nigga what are u saying? moreover, why Quote another nicca's comment & post on this thread with 100% of Negativity outside the topic! Bro, u look like a learner o! You be like Fally ipupa!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Onitsha Ancient Bridge Collapses by Nobody: 10:05am On Sep 25, 2013
Mad people don enter NL this morning.

2 Likes

Re: Onitsha Ancient Bridge Collapses by Brimmie(m): 10:23am On Sep 25, 2013
Make Person Drag Me Commot Ds Thread Abeg!
Re: Onitsha Ancient Bridge Collapses by mysticgal(f): 10:24am On Sep 25, 2013
this thread reeks of madness,mtcheeew angry
Re: Onitsha Ancient Bridge Collapses by ChinoIsBack: 10:25am On Sep 25, 2013
Pisshures!

3 Likes

Re: Onitsha Ancient Bridge Collapses by Okijajuju1(m): 10:27am On Sep 25, 2013
Chino_Is_Back: Pisshures!

Chino Nwanne'm Nno...

Re: Onitsha Ancient Bridge Collapses by ChinoIsBack: 10:34am On Sep 25, 2013
Okija_juju:

Chino Nwanne'm Nno...

Nwanne mu oo kedu maka ezi nulo?

I mana anyi nafu akwado fu election. Quite busy recently.. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Onitsha Ancient Bridge Collapses by Okijajuju1(m): 10:37am On Sep 25, 2013
Chino_Is_Back:

Olisa bu Eze.. Ife nine' na ga ka okwesili i' ga.

Ji'si Ike nwanne.. Chukwu nna gozie aka orlu gi.[/b]
Re: Onitsha Ancient Bridge Collapses by Onyejiuwaokoh: 10:39am On Sep 25, 2013
Ajibanban:

Billions can be fooled, but I wont be. Simple Biology states and proves that Egg and Sperm MUST fuse to form an embryo, and fetus - the precursors of babies.

It baffles me, that billions of people, both Christians, and non-Christians, believe that Holy Spirit had sperm, had sex with Mary and fathered Jesus.

I refuse to believe this, and I conclude that the Virgin Birth of Jesus - is the Most Acceptable Lie, most unquestionable Lie.

(Quote) (Reptort)
you are not a christain, maybe you don't believe in the existance of God so the issue of christ birth is beyond your comprehension. Just ask God to heal you of your insanity.

1 Like

Re: Onitsha Ancient Bridge Collapses by Lilimax(f): 10:41am On Sep 25, 2013
ajiban: It's not easy not to believe in God (and supernatural miracles) in Nigeria. Left, right, center, people are claiming miracles and supernatural intervention. Every Nigerian - politicians, businessmen, educators, beggars, and criminals inclusive - believes in the miracle working God, the devil, demons, witches, wizards, and 'spiritual attacks'!

Is there someone else on Nairaland who lives in Nigeria and does not believe in God? How do you manage to hold on to your unbelief in the midst of all these dogmatic believers? Whew, isn't this country too hot?!

- a concerned Nigerian unbeliever.
Onye na-ekwu sad?
Re: Onitsha Ancient Bridge Collapses by Lilimax(f): 10:42am On Sep 25, 2013
---
Re: Onitsha Ancient Bridge Collapses by Zet72(m): 11:22am On Sep 25, 2013
@ ajibaban seek for medical help fast please

Op what's the correlation between the content of ur thread & the picture of Niger bridge u posted here?, I will also advice u seek for medical help too

1 Like

Re: Onitsha Ancient Bridge Collapses by Ferdinandu(m): 11:33am On Sep 25, 2013
Ajibanban:

(Quote) (Report)
The Mad Men living under the collapsed bridge don come.Abeg try Bridge head.That one never collapse,it can serve as temporary accomodation.

3 Likes

Re: Onitsha Ancient Bridge Collapses by Slizbeat(m): 11:34am On Sep 25, 2013
Chino_Is_Back:

Bro Chino, updates maka election kwanu?? Ana eme kwa??
Re: Onitsha Ancient Bridge Collapses by ChinoIsBack: 11:49am On Sep 25, 2013
Slizbeat:

Bro Chino, updates maka election kwanu?? Ana eme kwa??

Nwanne mu kedu?

Well we are supposed to meet at Finotel Resort today but as you can see am at work now. Hope to meet up with them at about 4pm. We are planning big for Obiano to sweep the entire poll, which will definitely happen. God Almighty is behind us...

2 Likes

Re: Onitsha Ancient Bridge Collapses by Slizbeat(m): 11:54am On Sep 25, 2013
Chino_Is_Back:

Nwanne mu kedu?

Well we are supposed to meet at Finotel Resort today but as you can see am at work now. Hope to meet up with them at about 4pm. We are planning big for Obiano to sweep the entire poll, which will definitely happen. God Almighty is behind us...

Udo di. I will try as much as possible to be back before the election date. My vote must count. Gaba niru, Oga diri gi nma.
Re: Onitsha Ancient Bridge Collapses by Nobody: 12:39pm On Sep 25, 2013
Who dumped this here? undecided
Re: Onitsha Ancient Bridge Collapses by JMOI: 12:50pm On Sep 25, 2013
Wrong picture! It is not the famous Niger Bridge that collapsed. Mods remove that picture for misinformation.
Re: Onitsha Ancient Bridge Collapses by JMOI: 12:52pm On Sep 25, 2013
Chino_Is_Back: Pisshures!
Chei! Lwtmb
Re: Onitsha Ancient Bridge Collapses by alaoeri: 12:56pm On Sep 25, 2013
Chai bridge collapsing in our boloved African Dubai. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Onitsha Ancient Bridge Collapses by crusufixo(m): 12:57pm On Sep 25, 2013
Ajibanban: Billions can be fooled, but I wont be. Simple Biology states and proves that Egg and Sperm MUST fuse to form an embryo, and fetus - the precursors of babies.

(Quote) (Report)

Confirmed candidate for yaba psychiatrist undecided undecided undecided undecided !!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Inter-tribal Relationships / Olori Wuraola And Partners Assist Victims Of Mudslide With Shelter In Freetown / Meet Felix A. Mujakperuo: A Rtd Major General Who Is Now A First Class King

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.