Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,738 members, 7,817,032 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:02 AM

When Your Brother Or Sister Turns Into A Stranger - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / When Your Brother Or Sister Turns Into A Stranger (1369 Views)

Ladies,how Do You Handle A Mother Or Sister Inlaw Who Doesn't Like You? / Is There Any Relation Word Like A Half Brother Or Sister? / 'I Have Been Sleeping With Your Brother' – Wife Tells Husband (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

When Your Brother Or Sister Turns Into A Stranger by constancefriday(m): 10:13am On May 24, 2019
Sibling rivalry is as old as Mankind itself.
From the Bible times...
Cain and Abel,
Esau and Jacob,
Joseph and his Brothers,
David and his Brothers,
The Family of King David (Absalom, Solomon, Ammnon, Tamar, Adonijah etc) when You see it manifest in Your Family, don't take it as a strange thing.
It's normal and natural but if left unchecked and badly managed it could evolve into things you can't believe or explain.
The Crime Section of our Metro Newspapers are filled with amazing things Children of the same Parents do to each other.
When You see such a development what do You do?
When Your Brother or Sister turns into a Stranger right before your very eye, it could be so hard to swallow, especially if you're the type that plays Family too often. What do You do then?
(1) Apply the golden rule: Yes age difference may cause you to feel somehow or want to act somehow but learn to apply the golden rule.
"Do unto others what you want others to do to you."
(2) Understand that though you were all birthed by the same Parents, you're all different People. Even identical twins have different destinies and personalities, why worry yourself sick about your sibling's mindset not being exactly like yours. Simply step out, step aside and be You. Be Yourself.
(3)Treat or accord your sibling his or her due respect anyways (or let me say always): This might be difficult in various situations but it is really vital and it speaks well of you to accord your sibling his/her due respect. If he/she is older than you, respect them for their age. Don't let other areas of life interfere with this reality. (Read Matthew 22:21)
(4) Be Emotionally Intelligent: Avoid provoking situations. When it comes to issues of family, we tend to have that tendency to be a bit soft but by all means do not think flat, think smartly. In the mafia they say "do business with a brother as if he were a stranger and do business with a stranger as if he were a brother" the same rule could apply in some few selected vulnerable situations, but never forget it's your family you're dealing with.
Siblings have outdone siblings to their own detriment because they played "family" which they thought as the right thing.
(5) Be Prayerful: Every evil amongst siblings are the works of Satan, being Prayerful can keep you from it.
The Bible wasn't wrong when it indicated that a Man's worst enemy may include members of his household. (Read Matthew 10:36) It's actually Satan working or expressing himself through them.
Judas was a close family member of Jesus and we all know what he did whem he was possed by Satan.
(6) Don't attack or kill Yourself: When Cain Killed Abel he killed himself, When Jacob deceived Esau, he deceived himself, When the Brothers of Joseph sold him to Egypt, they sold themelves, etc etc
Anything you do to your siblings, you do it to yourself.
(7) No Man is an island of his own, we all come from somewhere and must live with people.
It's abnormal to live an isolated life like a Sociopath, Society begins in your home, so learn to manage your relationships with your loved ones in a Christlike way.
Apply the principle of Peace which was recommended by Apostle Paul which says "Follow or pursue after peace with all men"( read Hebrews 12:14)
(cool Familiarity is a cause of contempt: The last time i had a heated argument with my Younger Siblings they kept yelling "I know you, i know you very well ... bla bla bla, but i knew they were just responding to being too familiar with me.
By the way the term "Familiarity" is created from the word "Family+ Similarity= Familiarity" most often you siblings still think they know you long after you've outgrown those childish ways and childish pranks you all used to prank on each other.
Family is family, have that at the back of your mind. Be the Best of yourself as you manage your relationships in your families.
I pray for peace and progress in all our various families in Jesus name.
Amen.

Apostle Constance Friday is the Most Supreme Shepherd of Real Life Missions International. A Gospel, Missionary Organization with a Global reach and global presence. He's an author of books on various important family issues, a counselor and an expert in Human Relationships.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: When Your Brother Or Sister Turns Into A Stranger by ademchij: 4:09am On Aug 03, 2021
constancefriday:
From the Bible times...
Cain and Abel,
Esau and Jacob,
Joseph and his Brothers,
David and his Brothers,
The Family of King David (Absalom, Solomon, Ammnon, Tamar, Adonijah etc) when You see it manifest in Your Family, don't take it as a strange thing.
It's normal and natural but if left unchecked and badly managed it could evolve into things you can't believe or explain.
The Crime Section of our Metro Newspapers are filled with amazing things Children of the same Parents do to each other.
When Your Brother or Sister turns into a Stranger right before your very eye, it could be so hard to swallow, especially if you're the type that plays Family too often. What do You do then?
(1) Apply the golden rule: Yes age difference may cause you to feel somehow or want to act somehow but learn to apply the golden rule.
(2) Understand that though you were all birthed by the same Parents, you're all different People. Even identical twins have different destinies and personalities, why worry yourself sick about your sibling's mindset not being exactly like yours. Simply step out, step aside and be You. Be Yourself.
(3)Treat or accord your sibling his or her due respect anyways (or let me say always): This might be difficult in various situations but it is really vital and it speaks well of you to accord your sibling his/her due respect. If he/she is older than you, respect them for their age. Don't let other areas of life interfere with this reality. (Read Matthew 22:21)
(4) Be Emotionally Intelligent: Avoid provoking situations. When it comes to issues of family, we tend to have that tendency to be a bit soft but by all means do not think flat, think smartly. In the mafia they say "do business with a brother as if he were a stranger and do business with a stranger as if he were a brother" the same rule could apply in some few selected vulnerable situations, but never forget it's your family you're dealing with.
Siblings have outdone siblings to their own detriment because they played "family" which they thought as the right thing.
(5) Be Prayerful: Every evil amongst siblings are the works of Satan, being Prayerful can keep you from it.
The Bible wasn't wrong when it indicated that a Man's worst enemy may include members of his household. (Read Matthew 10:36) It's actually Satan working or expressing himself through them.
Judas was a close family member of Jesus and we all know what he did whem he was possed by Satan.
(6) Don't attack or kill Yourself: When Cain Killed Abel he killed himself, When Jacob deceived Esau, he deceived himself, When the Brothers of Joseph sold him to Egypt, they sold themelves, etc etc
(7) No Man is an island of his own, we all come from somewhere and must live with people.
It's abnormal to live an isolated life like a Sociopath, Society begins in your home, so learn to manage your relationships with your loved ones in a Christlike way.
Apply the principle of Peace which was recommended by Apostle Paul which says "Follow or pursue after peace with all men"( read Hebrews 12:14)
(cool Familiarity is a cause of contempt: The last time i had a heated argument with my Younger Siblings they kept yelling "I know you, i know you very well ... bla bla bla, but i knew they were just responding to being too familiar with me.
By the way the term "Familiarity" is created from the word "Family+ Similarity= Familiarity" most often you siblings still think they know you long after you've outgrown those childish ways and childish pranks you all used to prank on each other.
Family is family, have that at the back of your mind. Be the Best of yourself as you manage your relationships in your families.
Amen.

Apostle Constance Friday is the Most Supreme Shepherd of Real Life Missions International. A Gospel, Missionary Organization with a Global reach and global presence. He's an author of books on various important family issues, a counselor and an expert in Human Relationships.

Re: When Your Brother Or Sister Turns Into A Stranger by stephieok: 11:40pm On Sep 25, 2021
constancefriday:
From the Bible times...
Cain and Abel,
Esau and Jacob,
Joseph and his Brothers,
David and his Brothers,
Amen.

Re: When Your Brother Or Sister Turns Into A Stranger by Sonnobax15(m): 7:01am On Sep 26, 2021
undecided lipsrsealed

(1) (Reply)

Dangerous Things Wives Are Doing / How To Be Pregnant? / Fear Women" Trends On Twitter After A Staged Paternity Fraud Video Went Viral

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.