Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,072 members, 7,821,678 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:47 PM

Is There Any Relation Word Like A Half Brother Or Sister? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is There Any Relation Word Like A Half Brother Or Sister? (460 Views)

I Want My Wife To Give Birth In U.S Or Canada But We Dont Have Any Relation Ther / Ladies,how Do You Handle A Mother Or Sister Inlaw Who Doesn't Like You? / When Your Brother Or Sister Turns Into A Stranger (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is There Any Relation Word Like A Half Brother Or Sister? by Ggoo: 9:10pm On Jul 07, 2019
Hello.
I have sisters from the same father but different mothers. Whenever they are introducing me, they tagged it "my half brother" which get me pissed at times. The funniest thing is that they don't call their same mother and different fathers brother or sister "half". They are even addressing a far relative which is well to do as " my brother". One of them sometimes referred to me as "my father pikin". I don't know what's your take on this but I think maybe because I haven't arrived yet and still hustling to become somebody.
Re: Is There Any Relation Word Like A Half Brother Or Sister? by Midas01: 11:29pm On Jul 07, 2019
You are their half brother so yes there is.
Re: Is There Any Relation Word Like A Half Brother Or Sister? by ZIMDRILL(m): 3:33am On Jul 08, 2019
Ggoo:
Hello.
I have sisters from the same father but different mothers. Whenever they are introducing me, they tagged it "my half brother" which get me pissed at times. The funniest thing is that they don't call their same mother and different fathers brother or sister "half". They are even addressing a far relative which is well to do as " my brother". One of them sometimes referred to me as "my father pikin". I don't know what's your take on this but I think maybe because I haven't arrived yet and still hustling to become somebody.

usually half brothers/sisters get the nasty attitude from a bitter parent. generally where there is a half sister/brother means parents separated and when one get introduced, you get treated as if you are the reason they separated

then usually when you are raised by one parent and born of different fathers/mother you would rarely call each other half simple because though you might have different fathers/mothers the fact that one parent raised you both or more you become sort of a team hence you brush off the HALF BROTHER/SISTER label
Re: Is There Any Relation Word Like A Half Brother Or Sister? by Pavore9: 6:38am On Jul 08, 2019
Look at it from the perspective that people tend to connect more to siblings who are from the same womb, different fathers than the same father, different mothers.

1 Like

Re: Is There Any Relation Word Like A Half Brother Or Sister? by Ggoo: 5:23am On Jul 23, 2019
ZIMDRILL:

usually half brothers/sisters get the nasty attitude from a bitter parent. generally where there is a half sister/brother means parents separated and when one get introduced, you get treated as if you are the reason they separated

then usually when you are raised by one parent and born of different fathers/mother you would rarely call each other half simple because though you might have different fathers/mothers the fact that one parent raised you both or more you become sort of a team hence you brush off the HALF BROTHER/SISTER label
I think is all because am still struggle to make it. The said person even called far relatives sister and brother.

(1) (Reply)

Top 3 Causes Of Late Marriage In Nigeria / Don't Make It Seem Like He Is Pleading For Sex / Moving From Lagos To Ibadan. What Areas In Ibadan Are Best To Live And Why?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.