Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,875 members, 7,821,043 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:20 AM

Somewhere In Abia State,where Villagers Swim To Bury The Dead. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Somewhere In Abia State,where Villagers Swim To Bury The Dead. (731 Views)

Nnamdi Kanu Ordered Us To Bury Ikonso With 2,000 Human Heads, But We Got Only 30 / Soyinka: Any State Where Children Are Kidnapped Should Shut Down In Protest / Zabarmari: Zulum Leads Horrified Kinsmen To Bury 43 Farmers Killed By Boko Haram (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Somewhere In Abia State,where Villagers Swim To Bury The Dead. by Nobody: 10:47am On May 25, 2019
BEHOLD SOMEWHERE IN ABIA STATE, OKEZIE IKPEAZU IS WORKING.
THE MOST NEGLECTED COMMUNITY IN ABIA STATE TODAY
IN THIS ERA?
My name is Ugochukwu Nwankwo and I am not known for shadow chasing. I am a known advocate for justice and today I am in pains.
Yes I am saddened, confused and disillusioned by this level of decay within my environment.
What happened yesterday at Amoji Imenyi, is better seen than imagined, it's more like a Nollywood movie. When I got the call I thought it was a mere hype to get my attention, so that I would shout louder!
But as you can see, this is indeed heartbreaking!
The Picture accompanying this post is a community in Bende. In fact it's just about 20 minutes drive from the capital city of Umuahia.
I am indeed sad to say the least. What Crime has the people of Amoji Imenyi Autonomous Community Committed that they should be subjected to this pre-colonial subjugation and abandonment?
How can a community be relegated to the abyss of forgetfulness in an era where Governments are striving to make life worth living for the citizenry?
Amoji People are not asking for too much but just a bridge across a small river so that they can cross over to their ancestral homea and among other things, at least bury their dead.
It's heartrending that just few months ago and of course during the dry season campaign trains went to this community with lofty promises, but today they have been forgotten.
I humbly call on Hon. Eziuche Ubani, the Hon Commissioner for Works, Hon. Chief P. C Onyegbu, the Transition Chairman Bende LGA, Senator Mao Arlee Ohuabunwa the current Senator Representing Abia North, Hon. Barr Ben Kalu the Member Elect for Bende Federal constituency, H. E Dr. Orji Uzor Kalu Senator Elect for Abia North, Dr. Okezie Victor Ikpeazu and other well meaning Abians to come to the aide of Ndi Akoli Imenyi.
This picture is an eye sore, it is a disgrace to Abia State and should not be allowed to linger.
God bless us all!
Written by Ugochukwu Nwankwo

Re: Somewhere In Abia State,where Villagers Swim To Bury The Dead. by dawnomike(m): 10:50am On May 25, 2019
This is seriously serious...
Re: Somewhere In Abia State,where Villagers Swim To Bury The Dead. by advocate666: 10:51am On May 25, 2019
Typical African stupid complaint about dead people. Why are we so obsessed with dead people?

When the living were crossing this river, the author didn't complain but see him writing an epistle because a dead person has to cross.

Take care of the living first and the dead will take care of themselves.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Somewhere In Abia State,where Villagers Swim To Bury The Dead. by BlackfireX: 11:47am On May 25, 2019
Watch how Yoruba people will invade this thread like brown roof on there republic....

1 Like

Re: Somewhere In Abia State,where Villagers Swim To Bury The Dead. by iHart(m): 11:53am On May 25, 2019
You are yet to see the beauty of Abia. Our state is beautifully made. Thats how we want it.Hahaha
Re: Somewhere In Abia State,where Villagers Swim To Bury The Dead. by nwadiuko1(m): 11:55am On May 25, 2019
thats the hometownof Orji kalu, the Apc saint
Re: Somewhere In Abia State,where Villagers Swim To Bury The Dead. by Born2Breed(f): 12:04pm On May 25, 2019

(1) (Reply)

No Cultist Will Make My New EXCO” – Umahi Vows / June 12: How Tinubu, Yoruba Leaders Worked Against Abiola In 1993 – Sule Lamido / Nigeria Drifting Into Anarchy, Northern Leaders Raise Alarm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.