Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,504 members, 7,812,554 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:18 PM

Unreturning Lawmakers Evacuate Personal Belongings From NASS, Staff Mock Them - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Unreturning Lawmakers Evacuate Personal Belongings From NASS, Staff Mock Them (37388 Views)

Magu Moves His Personal Belongings Out Of Official Residence / Excluding South East From NASS Leadership Will Spell Doom - APC Chief / Photos From NASS Resumption After Annual Recess (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Unreturning Lawmakers Evacuate Personal Belongings From NASS, Staff Mock Them by Islie: 11:13am On May 25, 2019
[Unreturning Lawmakers 'Evacuate' Personal Belongings From National Assembly As Staff Mock Them

Many have stealthily and surreptitiously moved their luggage shortly after the election results were announced to avoid disgrace and embarrassment

[img]saharareporters.com/sites/default/files/styles/normal_medium/public/IMG-20190524-WA0025.jpg?itok=5zvd9l9R[/img]

It was a sober reflection on the premises of National Assembly complex Abuja on friday as lawmakers who lost elections in their various constituencies evacuated their personal belongings from their offices .

Some of the aides to the lawmakers were seeing removing property from their offices into the waiting trucks . Some of the items include: refrigerators, plasma TV, water dispensers, printers , portraits photographs, rugs, flags and many other things .

Many have stealthily and surreptitiously moved their luggage shortly after the election results were announced to avoid disgrace and embarrassment.
Some of the staff were seen in group discussing the inglorious exit of the senators and members of House of Representatives while others were making jest of them and gloating over their misfortune.

When Saharareporters prodded the staff to disclose the reason behind their excitement. Many of them described the exit of the lawmakers as lesson of life adding that power is transient .

One of the staff who pleaded not to be named said many of them were so much intoxicated with power, while it lasted, in such a way that they saw themselves as tin-gods with the positions they occupied.

He added that many of them did not deserve re-election judging by their hostile and aggressive treatment of Nigerians particularly those from their constituencies.

He admonished the new lawmakers not to be carried away with the allure of power or trappings of public office but to put citizens who elected them into the position of authority first.

Recall that many federal lawmakers including senate President, Bukola Saraki lost their seats during the Presidential and National Assembly election on 23rd February 2019.

http://saharareporters.com/2019/05/24/unreturning-lawmakers-evacuate-personal-belongings-national-assembly-staff-mock-them

4 Likes

Re: Unreturning Lawmakers Evacuate Personal Belongings From NASS, Staff Mock Them by Lamasta(m): 11:15am On May 25, 2019
No more free money for sitting idly at the chambers they should go and look for job till 2023 that's if they get there party's ticket grin

19 Likes

Re: Unreturning Lawmakers Evacuate Personal Belongings From NASS, Staff Mock Them by indigenous234(f): 11:17am On May 25, 2019
Ok
Re: Unreturning Lawmakers Evacuate Personal Belongings From NASS, Staff Mock Them by Nobody: 11:19am On May 25, 2019
Globet36:
[color=#990000][/color]see below it
Nairaland please take down accounts like this it is becoming very irritating

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Unreturning Lawmakers Evacuate Personal Belongings From NASS, Staff Mock Them by Davash222(m): 11:21am On May 25, 2019
Akpabio shouldn’t be allowed to take any pin out from the NASS complex. He’s a Thief!!!

64 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Unreturning Lawmakers Evacuate Personal Belongings From NASS, Staff Mock Them by Junkie1: 5:53pm On May 25, 2019
THOSE ITEMS DON'T EVEN LOOK LIKE 'PERSONAL BELONGINGS' I LOOKS LIKE GOVT PROPERTY. I GUESS STEALING IS NOW DEEP IN THEIR BLOOD THAT THEY HAVE TO TAKE WHATEVER THEY CAN FIND EVEN ON THEIR WAY OUT

62 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Unreturning Lawmakers Evacuate Personal Belongings From NASS, Staff Mock Them by tstx(m): 5:53pm On May 25, 2019
Mock today... Tomorrow is your turn

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Unreturning Lawmakers Evacuate Personal Belongings From NASS, Staff Mock Them by sparog(m): 5:53pm On May 25, 2019
Hope say no be government property dem dey move so

wink cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Unreturning Lawmakers Evacuate Personal Belongings From NASS, Staff Mock Them by Kreamie(m): 5:54pm On May 25, 2019
Lol

Igba o lo bi’orere

3 Likes

Re: Unreturning Lawmakers Evacuate Personal Belongings From NASS, Staff Mock Them by Amuocha: 5:54pm On May 25, 2019
Soldier come, soldier go

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Unreturning Lawmakers Evacuate Personal Belongings From NASS, Staff Mock Them by Soskid(m): 5:55pm On May 25, 2019
What kind of news is this? They packed their loads because they lost election. So what?

11 Likes

Re: Unreturning Lawmakers Evacuate Personal Belongings From NASS, Staff Mock Them by morikee: 5:56pm On May 25, 2019
I have nothing to say
Re: Unreturning Lawmakers Evacuate Personal Belongings From NASS, Staff Mock Them by stevebless: 5:56pm On May 25, 2019
If you give them chance, they'll remove the NASS office roof and claim it's theirs.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Unreturning Lawmakers Evacuate Personal Belongings From NASS, Staff Mock Them by olurili(m): 5:56pm On May 25, 2019
Omo e get one group I join for Facebook wey I feel say I go get oyibo babe ,then later I go get green card. My brodas and sister no be so I see am ooooo, dem wan even collect from me wey no get. One babe tell me say Nigeria get natural resource and dem no get, I still dey reason that talk cause I no be crude oil na.....las last if u see pictures them dey upload for the group ehhhh, sagem mx1 and sendo still dey ,no doubt me cos na the phones most of them dey use snap pictures. The pictures go be like say them rub 2,000 naira Vaseline for face or maybe na burial pictures....y this life just hard like this na..

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Unreturning Lawmakers Evacuate Personal Belongings From NASS, Staff Mock Them by femijamz: 5:57pm On May 25, 2019
Those staff mocking Dem be mumu. Instead of Dem to be praying and be like Dem.
Re: Unreturning Lawmakers Evacuate Personal Belongings From NASS, Staff Mock Them by Rollsnjaguar(m): 5:57pm On May 25, 2019
This is hilarious
Re: Unreturning Lawmakers Evacuate Personal Belongings From NASS, Staff Mock Them by myway77: 5:58pm On May 25, 2019
dem go laugh saraki sha grin.

1 Like

Re: Unreturning Lawmakers Evacuate Personal Belongings From NASS, Staff Mock Them by Nobody: 5:58pm On May 25, 2019
Mocking our leaders when they throw in the towel will only encourage sit tight politicians. I wish them all the best in their future endeavor
Re: Unreturning Lawmakers Evacuate Personal Belongings From NASS, Staff Mock Them by Hotzone(m): 6:00pm On May 25, 2019
Ye mockers, one day ye shall not only depart from House but hit the EXIT button off to Ash world, u know.
Nothing las las last foairva

1 Like

Re: Unreturning Lawmakers Evacuate Personal Belongings From NASS, Staff Mock Them by CrimeKsmart: 6:00pm On May 25, 2019
Davash222:
Akpabio shouldn’t be allowed to take any pin out from the NASS complex. He’s a Thief!!!
If Akpabio is a thief then Saraki must an armed robber

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Unreturning Lawmakers Evacuate Personal Belongings From NASS, Staff Mock Them by vRendoh(m): 6:01pm On May 25, 2019
tstx:
Mock today... Tomorrow is your turn

Correct¡ ....one day every guy must go down. No need mocking rather do a reflection of your own actions
Re: Unreturning Lawmakers Evacuate Personal Belongings From NASS, Staff Mock Them by dapadawee: 6:02pm On May 25, 2019
such is life. whatever u are today it's by grace
Re: Unreturning Lawmakers Evacuate Personal Belongings From NASS, Staff Mock Them by thechase(m): 6:02pm On May 25, 2019
Oh

Re: Unreturning Lawmakers Evacuate Personal Belongings From NASS, Staff Mock Them by MrCGPA(m): 6:03pm On May 25, 2019
People Like David Mark who has being living there since the Start of Democracy in Nigeria will feel it more. Nothing is permanent in this World Even Your Life!
Re: Unreturning Lawmakers Evacuate Personal Belongings From NASS, Staff Mock Them by frowland(m): 6:05pm On May 25, 2019
Davash222:
Same as Saraki, Kwankwaso and that funny British accent lawmaker from Kwara. grin
You are not the only one cursed with information.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Unreturning Lawmakers Evacuate Personal Belongings From NASS, Staff Mock Them by Alexis11: 6:06pm On May 25, 2019
Davash222:
Saraki??

grin

1 Like

Re: Unreturning Lawmakers Evacuate Personal Belongings From NASS, Staff Mock Them by BotherMleeper(m): 6:09pm On May 25, 2019
Why bloggers and reporters insist on calling flatscreen TV "Plasma TVs" is beyond me

Plasma TV is a type of flatscreen that uses plasma technology to display images, just as LCD and OLED Tvs use the technologies signified by their names.

Not every flatscreen TV is plasma-based. In fact plasma technology is currently defunct.

7 Likes

Re: Unreturning Lawmakers Evacuate Personal Belongings From NASS, Staff Mock Them by Poppoerey: 6:09pm On May 25, 2019
[

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Throw Back Picture Of Odimegwu Ojukwu And Wife Stella / President Buhari Inspects Military Parade In Borno, Cuts Cake With Troops(video) / Governor Ortom Prostrates In Church, Celebrates His Victory (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.