Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,940 members, 7,835,132 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:34 AM

My Story As A Cult Member........initiation Phase Included... - Crime (221) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / My Story As A Cult Member........initiation Phase Included... (3092633 Views)

"New Generational" Aye Cult Member Addresses His Colleagues In A Viral Video / Ikorodu Cult Group Kills A Rival Cult Member (Disturbing Video) / My Story As A Cult Member, Initiation Phase Included (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (218) (219) (220) (221) (222) (223) (224) ... (644) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Story As A Cult Member........initiation Phase Included... by Nobody: 6:54am On Jun 17, 2020
hustla:
Hi all, interesting thread and contributions.

I have noticed something and i have been meaning to ask why... Been thinking certain events probably contributed to why it is that way

My question is -

Why do all the other cult groups seem to always go to war with / hate the Ayes

Its always Eiye /Aye, Bucca/Vikings going to war with Aye.. And sometimes, two cult groups will team up to fight them.
It also seems Eiyes hate Ayes the most and vice versa. Any reason for this?

What exactly is the issue? Is there a creed that makes them hate the ayes? How come those ayes seem to have no friends /allies

I am just curious
bros,na natural hatred from the onset even the present/younger ones no knw wetin cause the hatred them just follow join hate eachother.

here for my area SVC AND AYE , dem no dae talk ,them dae always keep malice jejely praying for the day when e go set.....they will just be saying 'the day when he go set bah'!

6 Likes

Re: My Story As A Cult Member........initiation Phase Included... by Cryomancer: 6:59am On Jun 17, 2020
hustla:

I have noticed something and i have been meaning to ask why... Been thinking certain events probably contributed to why it is that way

My question is -

Its always Eiye /Aye, Bucca/Vikings going to war with Aye.. And sometimes, two cult groups will team up to fight them.

What exactly is the issue? Is there a creed that makes them hate the ayes? How come those ayes seem to have no friends /allies

I am just curious

To be honest Sir, I've always thought about this too and I was able to draw some personal conclusions (I might be wrong though) which include below.

1. Beef of Coordination- if you observe the Aiye Confraternity very well, you'll notice they have a lot of celebrity and highly placed members more than any other cult out there and when these guys meet in public, they greet themselves and relate with the sense of brotherhood... The rest cults no even get that levels at all.

2. Geographical Spread- These Aiye guys are just too everywhere outside Nigeria. I just recently found out that they have their functioning movement even in Brazil and Cyprus too.

3. Supremacy- Other cults will be mentioned around you and you might just see them as some bunch of touts or cowards walking in groups. But when you hear say Aiye guys are around a vicinity, first thing that comes to your mind is brutality and wahala. I think most people fear Aiye the most.

In conclusion, I think other cults are always at war with Aiye just because of the beef they have against them due to the three things I mentioned above (I might be wrong though).

But the real question remains.... Why fight over silly things exactly and to what end?.

Confra matter no be way atall... it's just a stupid movement filled with lies and brainwashed orientation. Avoid it.!!!

22 Likes

Re: My Story As A Cult Member........initiation Phase Included... by hustla(m): 7:04am On Jun 17, 2020
ndoeyopbennet:

Yes. I agree with you on the shared ethos between Vikings and Buccaneers. Indeed, the Vikings Confraternity (or Norsemen K-Club) is based on sailing, just like Pyrates and Buccaneers. However, the key difference is that while Pyrates and Buccaneers are based on 16th-17th century pirates and privateers on the Atlantic Ocean axis (Europe and North America), Vikings is based on a much older Scandinavian group of nomadic warriors who held away prior to the 12th century.

Viking cult language is influence by old Norse, some Latin and, of course, some Nigerian touch. Their language was one of the easiest for me to decrypt because the logic and mythology behind it is quite clear. I don't really have any issue with it. However, the Vikings cult seem to have inherited the inclination towards violence from Old Norse mythology which is evident in their language and tradition. You also find some Ikwerre or seemingly Igbo words too (this is no surprise as the cult started at the University of Port Harcourt).

You should be careful of listening to those cult songs though. They can subconsciously create a desire for you to "belong" or at the very least, they can make you idealise the cults. Do not listen to them if you are influenced strongly by music.

Detailed analysis but mehn, you are really trying.

I wonder why initiates do not bother to ask themselves how any of it makes sense. Representing old Nordic culture and characters in Nigeria, wetin concern you cheesy
there's Sango and Amadioha to represent, you no wait with that one

Been listening to most of their songs since 2006 or so, never influenced me but to me, its a way of identifying where to go while knowing what to check for

For instance, i met an old friend some weeks ago after not seeing him since 2016, so he told me to ff him to a nearby bar. When we got to the bar, i saw about 8 guys, all smoking and drinking and the first guy greeted that my friend with 'Mi Lordy, Mi Lordy, how far na'

I just calcu say these ones go likely be Aye. I just greeted them and told my friend i was on my way to get drugs, ill be back. Na so i take run grin e call me tire, i no pick, God punish devil cheesy

43 Likes

Re: My Story As A Cult Member........initiation Phase Included... by hustla(m): 7:19am On Jun 17, 2020
Cryomancer:

To be honest Sir, I've always thought about this too and I was able to draw some personal conclusions (I might be wrong though) which include below.

1. Beef of Coordination- if you observe the Aiye Confraternity very well, you'll notice they have a lot of celebrity and highly placed members more than any other cult out there and when these guys meet in public, they greet themselves and relate with the sense of brotherhood... The rest cults no even get that levels at all.

2. Geographical Spread- These Aiye guys are just too everywhere outside Nigeria. I just recently found out that they have their functioning movement even in Brazil and Cyprus too.

3. Supremacy- Other cults will be mentioned around you and you might just see them as some bunch of touts or cowards walking in groups. But when you hear say Aiye guys are around a vicinity, first thing that comes to your mind is brutality and wahala. I think most people fear Aiye the most.

In conclusion, I think other cults are always at war with Aiye just because of the beef they have against them due to the three things I mentioned above (I might be wrong though).

But the real question remains.... Why fight over silly things exactly and to what end?.

Confra matter no be way atall... it's just a stupid movement filled with lies and brainwashed orientation. Avoid it.!!!

I think their wahala is the key here

Read a detailed analysis about their coordination in Sicily and how brutal they are in Europe. The writeup also mentioned how they operate a closely knit fraud ring from Europe to asia

As for geographical spread, all cult groups are represented outside naija a quick search on YouTube will show you this. Las las, no brutal or hard man anywhere when you're surrounded. The recently posted video of someone surrounded and killed is enough evidence that cult groups dont make sense and there's no strong man anywhere

I'll look for that writeup and post it later

3 Likes

Re: My Story As A Cult Member........initiation Phase Included... by Kingfish542: 7:41am On Jun 17, 2020
hustla:

My question is -

I am just curious

eiye and aye hate themselves more than any other group......its an elclasico so that one is normal, and also the reason for the team up is inability to penetrate them, other cult group always trying to look for help against them. they are coordinated,I av to add

1 Like

Re: My Story As A Cult Member........initiation Phase Included... by Kingfish542: 7:45am On Jun 17, 2020
Cryomancer:

u have said it all, I have to add that they are also almost everywhere that's why it seems so, u hardly see eiye in east and SVC in west but u see aye in those places,that's why it's like they are always in the middle.

8 Likes

Re: My Story As A Cult Member........initiation Phase Included... by Chris525: 8:12am On Jun 17, 2020
Good morning everyone,

The first cult in Nigeria is the Pirate. A lot get by us as English is borrowed or certain words have us dazed that we forget their meaning. Pirates mean thieves at sea & PC ideology is based on sea piracy.

Pirates are depicted as heroes only in books & movies; they're mere criminals. Piracy is a crime worldwide even till this day.

Pirates, like Bucaneers, like Vikings historically are not an ethnic group or tribe! They're a group of criminals - just like a gang of robbers! All are named after their crime. Reseach will show you.

These cults were formed by people in their 20s who read books (written of primitive people who lived centuries ago, from a different culture & era) and boom got an idea - this happens to those who read alot. Books spur the mind to create both good, bad & crazy ideas.

It was a project destined for failure as even the basics - naming was faulty. The idea, ethos, vision & mission were not original so did not reflect our era, people, society & culture. Sham!

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Story As A Cult Member........initiation Phase Included... by Accountability: 8:14am On Jun 17, 2020
Cult and battle of supremacy are like 5&6. As a matter of fact, a cult group is unconsciously recognised by society as a cult group provided it has engaged in one or more battle(s) of supremacy/cult war(s) with other cult group(s). Arguably, this natural rivalries between cult groups can be traced back to the historical event that happened within Pyrates confraternity when internal disputes arose during H.O/Hand Over/change of leadership baton which prompted a rebellion of few of its members spearheaded by late Dr. Bolaji Carew aka Ahoy/Alora Ricca Ricardo, along with whom were eventually black-spotted (Pyrates confraternity expulsion of members from the cult group) or voluntarily broke out from Pyrates confraternity after few members had inadvertently died from the ensuing rebellious confrontations (further revelation on that can be gotten from the book: "Confraternity the other side of brotherhood" by U.V Ernest, tho viewers discretion is advised while reading it).

Instantly, Buccaneers Confraternity was birthed in thesame tertiary institution, University of Ibadan, U.I, and despite another cult group, Supreme Eiye Confraternity was already in existence in same tertiary institution during that historical event, there were no cult wars but the events that led to the break out of Buccaneers confraternity from Pyrates confraternity automatically fueled a natural hatred&rivalry between both cult groups involved, and prompted the need to establish a self-acclaimed supremacy over the other perceived rival cult group in that campus, it's environs, which eventually spread to other tertiary institutions that had the said rival cult groups presence.

As the saying goes, when elephants fight, the grass suffers, hence some non-member students were being oppressed or felt left out by this show of supremacy&in turn decided to stand up for their rights by forming a separate cult group within themselves to check the excesses of the already existing cult groups, hence in doing so, the springing cult group went the extra mile to also establish their self-acclaimed supremacy.

The cycle of splinter groups from a particular cult group&oppression resulted in more springing cult groups and full blown cult wars/battles of supremacy ensued, which were further fueled by Government involving cult groups in politics for intimidation and/or assassination of political opponents through funding of large sums, weapons and other incentives to loyal cult groups. The cycle of cult wars/battles of supremacy has ever since spilled to the streets&international and is infinite, implying that the underlying cause of cult wars happened over half a century ago, hence cult groups are no longer concerned with who or what starts a war, which is oftenly meaningless reasons (money, girls, unintentionally occupying opponents' seat at bar, unintentionally spilling opponents' drink at bar, exchange of insults on social media, remembrance of past altercations i.e claim of fucck up no dey sour or even no reason at all), rather focused on who KILLS the most rival members/'counting scores' like sports(3-0, 5-1, 2-10, 15-0, 20-18) with human(members) lives usually in the most gruesome way varying from poisoning, dismemberment, decapitation, setting ablaze alive, live burial, spiritual attacks&so on, and this is cultists own method of determining the dominant cult group, during which it continues until the cult war either dies a natural death or gets settled with money/P.T/Peace Talk, leaving the warring factions to lick their wounds&mourn their losses without awards for any self-acclaimed victor and the cycle continues.

17 Likes

Re: My Story As A Cult Member........initiation Phase Included... by Accountability: 8:15am On Jun 17, 2020
Suffice to say, no cult group is the strongest amongst others, they might only have strongholds especially in places where they have more numerous members compared to other cult groups or in tertiary institutions and the environs they originate from, likewise no man is a superman as many have been used to 'count scores' whether the fight concerns them or not (getting killed for what one knows nothing about-cultists definition of brotherhood/all for one, one for all), even in the person's cult group stronghold.

It is an understatement to say that cultism has been hijacked from its inception by the devil himself and this embodies the cult related killings which is obviously one of his earthly missions (kill, steal, destroy) and knowing that he is the father of lies&deceit, one should expect nothing less of such traits from some of his followers here that are stylishly hyping their cult groups to lure ignorant aspiring members while hiding under the guise of #saynotocultism but donot be deceived, #saynotocultism.

24 Likes

Re: My Story As A Cult Member........initiation Phase Included... by Saltzman00: 8:22am On Jun 17, 2020
ndoeyopbennet:

Please tell us about the so-called "13:13 cappings" of BAN. I've done some research into constructed languages and linguistic codes and I've been able to decipher many of the linguistic codes of some fraternities. I'm in the process of documenting my findings. I have been able to crack some common codes used by BAN. I'm aware of some alphabetisms and even some contortions. E.g. Mybnc, bdb, cm, etc. I've also seen instances of numerical-alphabetisms as you've identified. However, a large chunk of their jargons seems to be elusive, especially when you consider that they present them in connected speech.

The members I know are not keen on sharing the codes for the more complex forms of communication. I do not ever intend to become a member of any cult group just because of a research. I am still studying the language based on observations of their virtual discussions and other "cult-culture" formations. I believe that I will eventually be able to publish the key to cult communications, including those of the Buccaneers.

However, do you have any "special" or "privileged" insights that may help?
lol...OMG!!!....you are cracking me up right now...my advice for u...except u get an ex member to help u with ur research trust me ...you don’t know and will never have an idea of anything..do u think bolaji crew was just a normal guy with a normal % iq

1 Like

Re: My Story As A Cult Member........initiation Phase Included... by ndoeyopbennet: 8:30am On Jun 17, 2020
Saltzman00:
lol...OMG!!!....you are cracking me up right now...my advice for u...except u get an ex member to help u with ur research trust me ...you don’t know and will never have an idea of anything..do u think bolaji crew was just a normal guy with a normal % iq

Dr. Carew was a normal man. You seem to forget that intelligence is relative to the perceiver. People have been able to read the Egyptian hieroglyphics without any help. Many have revived dead languages with only little information. Do not underestimate the power of a motivated mind.

I should also inform you that I can actually read some of the so-called cappings. I only needed help with the complexities of how they manifest in connected speech. As a linguist, I should not be wholly concerned with simple words but also how the strings make sense. Even if I read words such as "Njhzra" well enough, I am more concerned with the morphological and syntactic processes involved in connecting that word to other words in speech.

You shouldn't downplay my intelligence in matters like this. I know you have every reason to but you shouldn't.

52 Likes

Re: My Story As A Cult Member........initiation Phase Included... by Saltzman00: 8:32am On Jun 17, 2020
ndoeyopbennet:

Let me make some things clearer for those who may not be able to discern them.

The poem begins with ODAS seized to be ODAS. This is one of the fundamental tenets of the Buccaneers confraternity. Pyrates confraternity has a quip that "Odas is Odas" (OIO). However, due to the bad blood that developed between Ricca Ricardo and NAS, he started his cult on the basis of Odas is NOT Odas (IOI or 101). You can see that the first line of the poem is integral to Buccaneer history.
AGAIN!!...you’re so wrong!!!...do u really wanna know these stuffs ...are u sure u can live with them i might be willing to help out just a liltle
Re: My Story As A Cult Member........initiation Phase Included... by ndoeyopbennet: 8:36am On Jun 17, 2020
Saltzman00:
AGAIN!!...you’re so wrong!!!...do u really wanna know these stuffs ...are u sure u can live with them i might be willing to help out just a liltle

I am not a BAN member. I guess I made that point clear enough. Saying that I'm wrong without showing us the right thing is like pointing fingers at a liar's castle without telling us the lies.

Is it wrong that Carew created BAN based on the idea that Odas seized to be Odas in PC? Or that he changed the arrangement of the alphabets in his new Odas is Odas decree?

You should address us like an intellectual or, at the very least, like one who thinks critically.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Story As A Cult Member........initiation Phase Included... by Nobody: 8:38am On Jun 17, 2020
Kingfish542:

eiye and aye hate themselves more than any other group......its an elclasico so that one is normal, and also the reason for the team up is inability to penetrate them, other cult group always trying to look for help against them. they are coordinated,I av to add
you are right. They are so coordinated that even those that have been deaxed still get text notifications and calls. They spread informations fast through calls, text and social media private messages. I stay in Benin and delta that I will tell you, even if eiye is 10,000 and aye population is 2,000 they will still defeat eiye in any war in Benin

Let me tell you how they work. During Hits calls and text is been sent to all registered and recognize ayes of a forum to leave the area EXCEPT you have a personal gun or you are part of the rolling squad. They have even upgraded that na venza, highlander and tinted big cars na dem take dey go for hit that you wouldn’t suspect that something is about to happen. That’s why you see they have low casualties during hits. Of course there will sure be stubborn head who don’t fall in any of those categories but will choose to stay back. This is one thing eiye can’t boost of cause they are over populated and hard to control. Even if you dish out warnings to them, many don’t even have a place to run to cause they are filled with conductors( not a bad job but I’m trying to say that they have to come out everyday to work even when it’s bloody)Aboki’s, mentally unstable persons and underage that’s why their casualties are always higher. An ibaka of eiye in Benin once boosted that kill one and I will hatch 10 the next day

Another factor why they are hated is how rich they are. It’s an undisputed fact that 60% of all rich celebrities,big yahoo boys on your Instagram and Facebook are NBM members. This one even rival frats can confirm it. They can help and connect their fellow members very well, may not be money but with ideas and format about how they made it.

Aiye don’t have autocratic structures,although they are loyal to their superiors. If an high ranking member decides to oppress his junior member, the junior can report to a higher ranking member and if he is innocent, his seized property will be returned and the oppressor will be delth with. Even as a Jew self. I once had my fone and money taken from me in my final year in Uniben because they ask me to buy food for them and I refused. I reported to my elder relatives and one Coursemate I noticed was been fears, calls were made and my stuff were returned

And yes no cult is an island. I know all of this because I’m that guy that wrote bloody war is coming soon in Benin(may not be now but sooner) and I’m from a polygamous home were siblings are in one frat and step siblings in another. Aiyes fear Vikings more than any other frats. In fact they see eiye are their junior brother. I have hear them say it several times, defferent locations that Vikings is their most dreaded opponent and they sometimes think twice before going to war with them.

I know all this without been a member of any frat cause the ‘secret’ in secret cult has become a myth and non existent again. Reason is their calls are becoming louder, text messages don’t get deleted, social media password are too easy to crack especially ayes that majority of their member add or use 0147 to their password

27 Likes

Re: My Story As A Cult Member........initiation Phase Included... by Pascopele: 8:41am On Jun 17, 2020
Two students beheaded in Abia penultimate Saturday

In a similar manner, two students of Abia State University, Chukwuebuka, a 300-level student of Estate Management, and Samuel, also a 300-level student, but of Political Science department were gruesomely beheaded by unknown boys suspected to be cultists. Chukwuebuka and Samuel were said to be members of Mafia cult and the attack was a reprisal one, meant to retaliate the killing of the leader of a rival group, Burkina Faso, by name Collins, a.k.a Biggy, who was killed the week before.

The attack reportedly happened at the CHIDOO Hostel, a private hostel about 4km from the university gate, prompting the university management to advise parents to pay attention to where their wards are staying.

Dogon-Dutse, an off-campus community around UNIJOS, Plateau State, is another den of violent goons, waiting to unleash deep horror on unsuspecting students. “Most of these attacks are carried out by student-robbers. They rape girls, steal and sometimes inflict harm on their victims,” said a post-graduate student who requested not to be named. He narrated how a cultist, who laid ambush on another student, was killed at the institution’s permanent site. The cultists had allegedly killed the wrong student, a victim of mistaken identity, when students at the scene of the incident chased them and apprehended one in the process.

However, when placed on a scale, the horror of Ujemen community around Ambrose Alli University in Ekpoma, Edo State, dwarfs that of Dogon-Dutse in astronomical proportion. Of great peculiarity is the fact that attacks here are mostly motivated by desperate cultists, who pounce on innocent residents to solve their survival puzzle. “Most of these cult boys are hungry students, and sometimes locals. They survive by harassing innocent people. They steal and intimidate fellow students, especially those who live off-campus. Politicians also use them during elections. Thereafter, they are left on their own to cause trouble everywhere,” said a source at the Anti-Cult Campaign Organisation of Nigeria (ACCON).

Where is the police?

Like Igbinosa, many of the victims in Ekosodin bear their cross alone. On March 4 this year, a gang of robbers attacked a hostel on Ehico Street around 4a.m. Of the 14 rooms in the lodge, 13 were raided. One of the occupants allegedly placed a distress call to nearby Ekosodin Police Station, but when it appeared help was not forth-coming; they resorted to calling the local vigilante men. But the robbers left just before the vigilante men arrived.

Residents insist that the station at Ekosodin has failed to live up to expectation. “Nobody here can beat their chest that when trouble comes, Ekosodin police would rescue them. Most times, they would have to call the Ugbowo Police Station for help which is farther. The question therefore is, why are they here if they can’t defend us?

“Most times, the robbers would have wreaked havoc on residents before the police show up. It appears deliberate. Of what essence is the security outfit then?” she queried.

Speaking to this reporter at the Ugbowo Police Station at BDPA Quarters, the Divisional Police Officer who gave his name as S. O. Ugbowo, said the division had been responsive to attacks. “We don’t stay back whenever we receive a distress call. Our men have been hard working. Those who say we don’t respond on time are not sincere,” he said.

But when this reporter visited the Ekosodin Police Station in March, nothing suggested it was a security outfit, except for a worn-out Nigeria Police flag that waved feebly. A middle-aged man who spoke to this reporter on condition of anonymity said: “This is not a police station. It is an out-post. We are six personnel here altogether. But only two officers are armed. When emergency arises, it’s only those two officers that can go. “

Asked why there was no single officer in sight at 6:23pm when this reporter visited, he said: “We have closed for the day. I would have gone home by now too. I stayed back on personal grounds.”

1 Like

Re: My Story As A Cult Member........initiation Phase Included... by Pascopele: 8:44am On Jun 17, 2020
Vigilante to the rescue

In most of the communities this reporter visited, there exists a local but loose security system managed by indigenes. Most times, the groups are formed by locals driven by their love of community. Around the Federal University of Technology, Owerri (FUTO) and adjoining communities, a youth vigilante group shoulders the security responsibilities.

For example, the Vice-Chairman of Umuchima Youths Association, Imo State, Mr. Boniface Akagha said the group formed the vigilante network in the community to offer free security services to residents. “We are concerned at the level of insecurity in our community. Our parents lack the strength to secure the community. The youths can do that because of their energy. People call us when there are attacks. And we respond immediately,” Boniface said.

While the likes of Boniface defy the horror of the night to secure fellow residents, his counterparts in Ekosodin are driven by financial rewards. A former leader of the Ekosodin Youth Association, who preferred to be addressed as Chairman, said the lure of material things had stoked divisions within the security ranks, culminating in the proliferation of factions. A faction led by Obaze currently staggers at the cruxes of a scuffle. Obaze is allegedly to have dipped hands into the finances of the group, misappropriating about N600,000 from where he is said to have procured a Gulf car. Investigations showed that insecurity has increased in the community since the fight began.

At Ujeme around Ambrose Alli University, Ekpoma, the vigilante group, it was alleged has been infiltrated by cultists, who sometimes turn around to harass the same residents they are expected to defend.

The story is the same in Ekosodin, where some landlords have had to part with as much as N70,000 annually to maintain steady security cover in the event of an attack. Though, of all the hostels visited randomly by this reporter, only a handful of landlords confessed to complying with the payment regime, citing extortion.

The real terrorists

Our investigations revealed that a larger percentage of attacks on Nigerian universities’ off-campus hostels are the handiwork of part-time students. This category of students, it is believed, have sufficient time at their disposal to socialise and foment trouble.

A former leader of the UNIBEN SUG said most of the culprits behind off-campus violence are students who have been expelled and those who were not admitted after undergoing the UNIBEN Diploma programme. “A good number of them are also students who got extra years in school. That’s why management decided sometimes ago that no student should be allowed to spill twice,” he said. Such category of students, he noted, were to be given a pass just so they could move on with their lives.

Facing the monsters for good

In 2012, Chairman of the Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) at the University of Jos (UNIJOS), Dr. David Yakubu, said the level of insecurity on Nigeria’s campuses was intolerable, calling the governments to action. In 2014, Executive Secretary of the National Universities Commission (NUC), Dr. Julius Okogie decried the “alarming violence” in Nigeria’s universities.

Consequently, on the 3rd of October 2014, the Federal Government, through the Special Assistant to President Goodluck Jonathan on Youths and Students Matters, Comrade Jude Imagwe, ordered military protection for campuses. But almost a year after the declaration, campuses remain vulnerable to attacks. Of serious concern is the fate of students who stay off-campus – who are often left to their own devices.

Senior officers of the various universities who spoke to our correspondent said the institutions cannot be liable to what befalls students staying off-campus. Supporting the opinion of the image maker of the Ambrose Alli University, Mr. Chris Adamaigbo, Public Relations Officer of the University of Benin, Mr. Michael Osasuyi, said the security of off-campus hostels was clearly outside the ambit of the institution, saying “the current administration, led by Prof Osasere Orunmwense, has initiated moves to cushion effects of the situation. We have embarked on a scheme to assemble the database of students staying in BDPA, Osasogie and Ekosodin. And we are working with corporate organisations to build more hostels for the swarming students,” he said.

But until these intentions are matched with action, the spate of insecurity around the hostels will continue to be disturbing.

In a report by World Education News and Reviews (WENR) and corroborated by Dr. Jamila Shu’ara in his paper presented at the UNESCO Institute of Statistics Workshop on education statistics in Anglophone countries, the number of applicants into Nigerian universities grew from 916,371 in 2005/2006 to 1,670,833 in 2013/2014. And 520,000 students were admitted into Nigerian universities in 2013 compared to 76, 984 in 2005, indicating a 31.1 per cent admission rate as against 8.4 percent in 2005. Despite this sharp increase in university enrolment, the number of available hostels remains unchanged; a situation which forces many to seek accommodation in the unsafe off-campus hostels every year.

Welfare Secretary of the Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU), Dr. (Mrs.) Ngozi Iloh, said new hostels should be erected to absorb the growing student population. “It’s a question of population explosion. And one way we can solve this riddle is by increasing the number of hostels. But unfortunately, many of the private hostels built around the campuses are rather too expensive. School authorities would do well to explore private sector participation,” she said.

In an interview with our correspondent, a lecturer in the Department of Psychology at the University of Lagos, Dr. Alex Igundunase, said the prevalence of cultism on Nigerian campuses could be traced to dysfunctional family up-bringing and the need to “belong” to a group to boost one’s ego. He called on relevant security outfits to step up their intelligence in ensuring safer campus. “There is nothing a society benefits from (the activities of) cult groups. Often times, the original personality of the person is distorted, awkward and weird. Soon or later, the person becomes a problem to the society.

“Organisations or institutions of learning could work out modalities of getting people who can infiltrate these groups with the aim of understanding why they do what they do. We can’t solve the problem if we don’t know why they do what they do,” he said.

In a joint study published by Haastrup T. Ekundayo et al in the Kamla-raj Journal of Social Sciences titled: Menace of Cultism in Nigerian Tertiary Institutions: The Way Out, the authors argued that “The existence of these groups on campuses has made life unsafe and meaningless to both staff and students,” and called on “stakeholders in the university education, including the churches, the mosques, parents, school administrators and the society at large, to fuse effort to eradicate the menace before it destroys the whole educational system.” Stakeholders are of the opinion that the spate of insecurity on off-campus hostels can be reduced if the government is more aggressive in her quest to eradicate cultism in the tertiary institutions by enacting and implementing relevant laws.

But like the sun, the likes of Igbinosa (off-campus dwellers) still wake up to their quotidian torment. While their mates retire quietly to their beds in school hostels, they slog home in faint optimism, looking up to the sky for protection

This investigation is supported with funds by the International Centre for Investigative Reporting and Ford Foundation

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Story As A Cult Member........initiation Phase Included... by tolijascro(m): 8:54am On Jun 17, 2020
Cryomancer:

I agree with u on the supremacy and the coordination part yes the NBM are better coordinated than other Nigerian confraternities but talking about geographical spread SEC is world wide too(dunno much about the SVC) they have functioning movement in Malaysia USA Italy turkey China uk even India to name a few and we have many top celebrities that are SEC members but they are not as loud as them davido burna boy and co

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Story As A Cult Member........initiation Phase Included... by Chris525: 8:57am On Jun 17, 2020
Let me also add that these Pirates, Bucaneers & Vikings our young people are trying so hard to depict caused a lot of people pains and sorrow in those times.

They looted, raped, maimed, killed & took advantage of the defenseless. Imagine young people centuries from now depicting Boko Haram as strong, rugged & noble men Thats a perfect illustration of what cultism is now.

Imagine re-enacting the criminal lifestyle of a group people who lived at a time there was no water cistern, electricity or phones. How much more backward & unprogressive can a mind be

20 Likes

Re: My Story As A Cult Member........initiation Phase Included... by Kingfish542: 9:26am On Jun 17, 2020
you are right. They are so coordinated that even those that have been deaxed still get text notifications and calls. They spread informations fast through calls, text and social media private messages. I stay in Benin and delta that I will tell you, even if eiye is 10,000 and aye population is 2,000 they will still defeat eiye in any war in Benin

Let me tell you how they work. During Hits calls and text is been sent to all registered and recognize ayes of a forum to leave the area EXCEPT you have a personal gun or you are part of the rolling squad. They have even upgraded that na venza, highlander and tinted big cars na dem take dey go for hit that you wouldn’t suspect that something is about to happen. That’s why you see they have low casualties during hits. Of course there will sure be stubborn head who don’t fall in any of those categories but will choose to stay back. This is one thing eiye can’t boost of cause they are over populated and hard to control. Even if you dish out warnings to them, many don’t even have a place to run to cause they are filled with conductors( not a bad job but I’m trying to say that they have to come out everyday to work even when it’s bloody)Aboki’s, mentally unstable persons and underage that’s why their casualties are always higher. An ibaka of eiye in Benin once boosted that kill one and I will hatch 10 the next day

Another factor why they are hated is how rich they are. It’s an undisputed fact that 60% of all rich celebrities,big yahoo boys on your Instagram and Facebook are NBM members. This one even rival frats can confirm it. They can help and connect their fellow members very well, may not be money but with ideas and format about how they made it.

Aiye don’t have autocratic structures,although they are loyal to their superiors. If an high ranking member decides to oppress his junior member, the junior can report to a higher ranking member and if he is innocent, his seized property will be returned and the oppressor will be delth with. Even as a Jew self. I once had my fone and money taken from me in my final year in Uniben because they ask me to buy food for them and I refused. I reported to my elder relatives and one Coursemate I noticed was been fears, calls were made and my stuff were returned

And yes no cult is an island. I know all of this because I’m that guy that wrote bloody war is coming soon in Benin(may not be now but sooner) and I’m from a polygamous home were siblings are in one frat and step siblings in another. Aiyes fear Vikings more than any other frats. In fact they see eiye are their junior brother. I have hear them say it several times, defferent locations that Vikings is their most dreaded opponent and they sometimes think twice before going to war with them.

I know all this without been a member of any frat cause the ‘secret’ in secret cult has become a myth and non existent again. Reason is their calls are becoming louder, text messages don’t get deleted, social media password are too easy to crack especially ayes that majority of their member add or use 0147 to their password

u are very right.........about why SEC boast of high numbers, I would say that is because of their connerbamming,majority of them don't go through the dreaded process.... I once heard a SEC man said he was given 15 slaps and kicked a few times and then given something to eat and just like that he was a SEC....... this reason is the major reason for their high numbers and also high casualties, they fear Vikings as much as aye.

but I have one question, I once heard a SEC guy saying SVC and SEC and both supreme so they don't have much issues with them. does the supreme mean anything

5 Likes

Re: My Story As A Cult Member........initiation Phase Included... by ndoeyopbennet: 9:43am On Jun 17, 2020
Saltzman00:

Just so you know, and also for the benefit of others here, BAN uses a form of Caesar cipher which was developed in Ancient Rome. Dr. Carew didn't develop it. He didn't even modify it.

It is this cipher that they use in their so-called "cappings". It appears like gibberish but trust me, it is a well documented system that can be read. There are even free online tools that can be used to decipher the expressions. The only issue is that even if you read it, you must be familiar with BAN mythology and lore for you to understand it.

I won't say beyond this. My research is moving forward.

23 Likes

Re: My Story As A Cult Member........initiation Phase Included... by Kingfish542: 9:47am On Jun 17, 2020
ndoeyopbennet:

Just so you know, and also for the benefit of others here, BAN uses a form of Caesar cipher which was developed in Ancient Rome. Dr. Carew didn't develop it. He didn't even modify it. He's not as smart as Saltzman00 says he is.

It is this cipher that they use in their so-called "cappings". It appears like gibberish but trust me, it is a well documented system that can be read. The only issue is that even if you read it, you must be familiar with BAN mythology and lore for you to understand it.

can SEC language also be deciphered,because it seems like jargons, just made up jargons
Re: My Story As A Cult Member........initiation Phase Included... by myk2mic: 9:48am On Jun 17, 2020
ndoeyopbennet:

I am not a BAN member. I guess I made that point clear enough. Saying that I'm wrong without showing us the right thing is like pointing fingers at a liar's castle without telling us the lies.

Is it wrong that Carew created BAN based on the idea that Odas seized to be Odas in PC? Or that he changed the arrangement of the alphabets in his new Odas is Odas decree?

You should address us like an intellectual or, at the very least, like one who thinks critically.

This is what is I call a polished reply, the last paragraph shows that u truly are academically inclined.

27 Likes

Re: My Story As A Cult Member........initiation Phase Included... by ndoeyopbennet: 9:56am On Jun 17, 2020
Kingfish542:

can SEC language also be deciphered,because it seems like jargons, just made up jargons

SEC doesn't use ciphers to communicate. Only BAN and BB use established forms of ciphering, to the best of my knowledge.

SEC's language is influenced by ornithology, dendrology, Yoruba mythology and their cult-culture.

For you to understand what they say, you must study them (as I have) and understand the sources of their lexical items. There is really nothing special about their language.

I will share my findings on cult communication when I'm done with the research. By then, most of what seems to be esoteric to you now will be better understood.

10 Likes

Re: My Story As A Cult Member........initiation Phase Included... by Chris525: 10:03am On Jun 17, 2020
The curious case of the NBM against the other cults. I'll answer to the best of my knowledge:

The NBM & EIYE are rooted & popular based on initial ideology which we all now know to be a sham anyway.

Eiye's creed & ethos forbade members to rape, steal etc. fighting crime & societal ills. it looked good at the time as it addressed problems of society. It was an easy sell unlike seafaring tales of criminals, so a lot signed up.

NBM was for freedom, at a time when Africa was either under colonial rule or cruel dictatorship; it was valid at the time, a lot of people keyed in.

EIYE & BAN are from same school - UI so there's a bit of familiarity which extended to 'friends' of BAN - PC & SVC.

As NBM & SEC grew, supremacy crisis set in leading to a bloody rivalry.

All the others got along with SEC based on familiarity earlier mentioned, so NBM saw them all as the same with SEC - foes.

The others usually need SEC to fight with them against NBM as they dont have the men to fight NBM alone.

13 Likes

Re: My Story As A Cult Member........initiation Phase Included... by tolijascro(m): 10:29am On Jun 17, 2020

This can't be true.... maybe in the east Sha...SEC na direct NBM rival/competitor...saying NBM fear SVC more Is a big fat lie....NBM has lost more members to SEC alone than to other frats combined.....no lies na NBM dey coordinated pass and they hardly lose wars ...make we no talk too much we no dey encourage cultism for here

1 Like

Re: My Story As A Cult Member........initiation Phase Included... by hustla(m): 11:30am On Jun 17, 2020
This is the writeup about NBM in Europe
Couldnt find the other one

https://harpers.org/archive/2019/09/the--nigeria-neo-black-movement-africa/
Re: My Story As A Cult Member........initiation Phase Included... by dfrost: 11:47am On Jun 17, 2020
ndoeyopbennet:

Just so you know, and also for the benefit of others here, BAN uses a form of Caesar cipher which was developed in Ancient Rome. Dr. Carew didn't develop it. He didn't even modify it.

grin cheesy From language decoding to crytography, superb.

You sir, has earned my hat off. Respect.

1. Never play with a man who insists on learning. We learn, unlearn, relearn and learn. I knew you were coming to the bolded. You were forced and pushed to the wall. Alas! You had an ace up your sleeve. Kudos.

2. Don't threaten or cajole anyone. Leave them alone. Nothing is secret anymore. The very day movement went into the streets, OT casted. It wasn't about killing but now it is so everything has to be discouraged.

Meeyankee warned others to stay off one poster's back but some folks refused.

We will keep watching from the sidelines.

Accountability
Neddstark

I sight you folks. Well done.

For those of us stylishly hyping families, pick a side. It's either you are in or out. Stop masquerading.

Our youths are dying way too early. Who will look after us in our old age as we have done to our parents and grandparents?

A lot of questions needs to be asked honestly. Before you hype or post, ask yourself: was it really worth it after all?

Was it? cry

32 Likes

Re: My Story As A Cult Member........initiation Phase Included... by Nobody: 12:18pm On Jun 17, 2020
ndoeyopbennet:

It is this cipher that they use in their so-called "cappings". It appears like gibberish but trust me, it is a well documented system that can be read. There are even free online tools that can be used to decipher the expressions. The only issue is that even if you read it, you must be familiar with BAN mythology and lore for you to understand it.

wow...U re good...i can aid u with your research though... Just type what u want i will write it out for u., but not some sensitives ones though.

3 Likes

Re: My Story As A Cult Member........initiation Phase Included... by Nobody: 12:25pm On Jun 17, 2020
For people that are said to be wise and strong all cultists seem to be mentally demented fools to me

Like how will someone brain wash you for you to start killing because of colour
You're wearing yellow colour so you must kill someone wearing red
Like you die for color and you kill for colour
Ordinary colour!
You turn to a soulless beast and a mindless killing zombie because of ordinary colour?
No agenda
No goals
No objectives
Just kill and die because of colour?
Even terrorists have agenda

I now finally agree all cultist are unfortunate mad people that should be killed instantly.
Arise angry

15 Likes

Re: My Story As A Cult Member........initiation Phase Included... by Sinistami(m): 12:45pm On Jun 17, 2020
DeeMain:

Na wah o, so "die it" is an exclusive language of cultists? Interesting.

I have a 66 year old uncle whose nickname from his teenage years is 'Die The Matter'. People have been using "die the matter/die it" for years before these cults were even formed yet you would be maimed for using an English word that was hijacked/stolen by cultists.

This whole thing is crazy. If Nigeria doesn't arise and kill cultism, cultism will kill Nigeria. And the time is now. Tufia!

LOL... Is this your uncle from the states of Rivers or Bayelsa or grew up in PH perhaps. People say it a lot there without being prosecuted.
Re: My Story As A Cult Member........initiation Phase Included... by MeinKampf: 12:51pm On Jun 17, 2020
I refrained myself from attacking and I believe I wasn't wrong. I thought you would attack this scholar like the other guy that has tried numerously to discourage him claiming Dr.
Bolaji Carew was a super human not knowing those are part of the deception plot to cajole them into BANand make it look appealing to them. Someone that's doing research on lingos has been able to demystify the Rica that was thought to be a superhuman, he's not so super at all, he got most of his lingos from an existing language but because blacks are largely intellectually lazy , we assumed for so long that those languages can't be decoded. I respect you for wanting to support an academic endeavour. Thumbs up man
Macro231101:
wow...U re good...i can aid u with your research though... Just type what u want i will write it out for u., but not some sensitives ones though.

22 Likes

Re: My Story As A Cult Member........initiation Phase Included... by MeinKampf: 12:57pm On Jun 17, 2020
Do you realize that scrolls written in some languages in BC period are being decoded now . Bolaji Carew didn't invent those jargons , he studied them , you and I can study it as well and come up with a better understanding of most things he wrote. Don't in the name of loyalty to a group hinder someone on quest to learn
Saltzman00:

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (218) (219) (220) (221) (222) (223) (224) ... (644) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 150
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.