Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,833 members, 7,831,701 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 02:31 AM

Can You Believe? Tinubu Betrays Atiku - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Can You Believe? Tinubu Betrays Atiku (1737 Views)

Diezani And Kuku Betrays GEJ. / Tinubu And Atiku In Closed-Door Meeting Over Buhari’s Victory / Jonathan Betrays Palestine! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can You Believe? Tinubu Betrays Atiku by atiku4lyfe: 11:38pm On May 04, 2007
CAN YOU IMAGINE? he has betrayed atiku, just as we suspect all along

first kufnor
then afikuyomi
then pedro

now tinubu finally betrays atiku. i hate him for this. he wants to use and dump like he chooses.

http://www.tribune.com.ng/05052007/news/news1.html

The presidential candidate of the Action Congress and the Vice-President, Alhaji Atiku Abubakar, and his political ally and Lagos State Governor, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, have disagreed over the position to take on the outcome of the 2007 general election.

The disagreement is more so as it relates to the position to take on how to treat the Katsina State Governor and president-elect on the platform of the Peoples Democratic Party, Alhaji Umaru Yar’Adua.

Sources told Saturday Tribune that while Abubakar wants an all out battle against Yar’Adua and the PDP, Tinubu has tried unsuccessfully to persuade the vice-president to drop his opposition to the emergence of Yar’Adua since it had become clear that going to the elections tribunal would not achieve anything.

Sources said that Abubakar became very angry with Tinubu when he learnt that the Lagos State helmsman had visited Yar’Adua twice since he emerged as the president-elect.

Apart from the midnight visits by Tinubu to Yar’Adua, some of his close aides, family members and business associates have also visited Yar’Adua.

Some of those close to Tinubu who have visited Yar’Adua are the Lagos State governor-elect, Chief Babatunde Fasola; and Tinubu’s brother and helmsman of Oando Petroleum, Mr. Wale Tinubu.

It was learnt that the romance between Yar’Adua and Tinubu predated the elections as the president-elect was said to be very close to Tinubu’s family.

It was learnt on Thursday that even before they went into full time politics, anytime Yar’Adua was in Lagos, he visited the Tinubus’ home and made it a point to eat with his mother, Alhaja Abibatu Mogaji.

It was gathered that before he emerged the presidential candidate of the PDP, Yar’Adua solicited for Tinubu’s cooperation.

Though Tinubu reportedly did not give any commitment, he told Yar’Adua at the time that once he emerged the candidate of the PDP, they could work out an arrangement.

Though it could not be confirmed as at press time the level of his involvement in Yar’Adua’s campaign, impeccable sources said the Lagos State governor “did assist the president-elect in a very noticeable way.”

Sources said that in as much as Tinubu was committed to the ideals of the AC, which was shown clearly with the way his party won most of the positions contested for during the elections in Lagos State he did not go out of his way to hurt Yar’Adua.

Owing to this, shortly after the elections, Yar’Adua reached out to Tinubu to speak with Abubakar on the need for him to drop his opposition to his ambition by not going to the tribunal.

He offered the opposition a minimum of 10 key positions in his government. When Tinubu mentioned this to Abubakar, the VP reportedly turned down the offer, saying Tinubu could go ahead with the negotiation on behalf of himself alone.

He reportedly told Tinubu that the party was going to go ahead to contest the result of elections in 14 states. Sources said while the AC and Abubakar have rejected the PDP offer, Tinubu might have made up his mind to throw his weight behind the PDP.
Re: Can You Believe? Tinubu Betrays Atiku by Seun(m): 11:50pm On May 04, 2007
The title should have been, "Tinubu tries to convince Atiku to embrace common sense and accept his defeat". cool

1 Like

Re: Can You Believe? Tinubu Betrays Atiku by SEA(m): 1:52am On May 05, 2007
If you have scores to settle with Tinubu,It's better for you to come out openly and eschew prejudice.

The story has nothing to do with what you are insinuating.Tinubu just gave a candid advice which any common sense person should embrace.The peace of the nation is what we should all fight for collectively.No need of senseless battle.

1 Like

Re: Can You Believe? Tinubu Betrays Atiku by dkoko4(m): 2:09pm On May 05, 2007
you blame the guy?hin no wan efcc come after am after all the money we hin don steal, fear of efcc is the begin of wisdom,
Re: Can You Believe? Tinubu Betrays Atiku by Bankole01(m): 2:28pm On May 05, 2007
atiku4lyfe:

CAN YOU IMAGINE? he has betrayed atiku, just as we suspect all along

first kufnor
then afikuyomi
then pedro

now tinubu finally betrays atiku. i hate him for this. he wants to use and dump like he chooses.

http://www.tribune.com.ng/05052007/news/news1.html

Your outburst is very misplaced. You hate a man for doing the right thing?
As much as I believe the PDP stole the (s)elections, I also believe Atiku helped the PDP by weakening the opposition because of his selfish agenda. No one would elect Atiku as president for he is damaged goods. As much as he fought to clear his name, he is guilty as charged and everyone knew that.

Tinubu made himself look bad by sticking with a tainted friend for so long, when most of us advocated that he jettison him like a heavy cocoon, but he stuck with him through the elections.
That is what i call real loyalty, but now that the elections are over, Tinubu surmised quite rightly that the tribunals will not help Atiku and for the sake of Lagos State, he is mending fences with a more reasonable Yar'Adua as opposed to the recalcitrant and vindictive Obasanjo.

It however remains to be seen if Obasanjo will leave well enough alone!
Re: Can You Believe? Tinubu Betrays Atiku by atiku4lyfe: 3:25pm On May 05, 2007
i agree with the comments here, but is this not a double standard by tinubu? is he actually going to abandon AC at a time when the party needs him the most? oshimole, aregbesola, princewill, these are some of the aggrieved people, and someone like oshiomole and atiku have substantial evidence that pdp rigged. why not encourage them to follow due process i.e. tribunal?

didnt al gore go to a similar due process? why must tinubu, because of his own selfishness, do everything possible to stop my mentor?

WHHYYYYY?
Re: Can You Believe? Tinubu Betrays Atiku by nigeria1: 10:46pm On May 05, 2007
If Tinubu really put his weight behind Yar adua like you claim on Nairaland,  I think it make me respect Tinubu more than I have ever thought of him because in politics, it takes a great man to bow to another party. 

And honestly i hope fashola works well with Yar adua, because lagos can not affort to be oppose to the federal.  I believe that Yar Adua duty should be signing a metroline for lagos,  He as 4 years to commission it.  Really i would prefer Fashola to join PDP to make sure Lagos get everything we deserve in Lagos. the bible says wisdom is profitable to direct.  No man get anything from his or her enermy.
Re: Can You Believe? Tinubu Betrays Atiku by Agboola1(m): 9:27am On May 06, 2007
Tinubu is a master strategist now. What do u expect?
Re: Can You Believe? Tinubu Betrays Atiku by GNature(m): 10:49am On May 06, 2007
Tinubu telling Atiku to shed his sword by forgoing the election tribunals, to me, does not mean he has betrayed Atiku.

People, lets face it, as much as Atiku's name had been dragged through the mud by Obasanjo et al, did he really think he could ever become president of Nigeria in 2007 ?

Atiku wouldn't have won the presidential election even if it was the fairest conducted election in the world. Most of the Northerners were ruling for Buhari or Yar 'Adua, not Atiku and no one was ruling for him in the south. So how could he ever be president ?

Tinubu to me is just being realistic (and a very smart politician I might add).

Atiku is a multi-millionaire with business interests in oil, shipping etc. He should cut his losses short and just stick to his business.
Re: Can You Believe? Tinubu Betrays Atiku by BUSHFELLOW(m): 1:57pm On May 06, 2007
No it is not SO he is only making sure that Buahari an ex military head of state dont go near that seat. If Atiku should go ahead to the tribunal and eventualy wins it all means that the closest man to yardua will claim the seat which is not even Atiku. I hope you now understand Tinubu's Position. He is a political grandmaster and he knows what he is doing.

Once more he didn't betray Afikuyomi. The best man for the Job is still Fashola a SAN with a sound mind. for afikuyomi he has already made peace with tinubu, THAT WAS WHY YOU SAW HIM BURSTING CHAMPAGNE WHEN THE NEWS CAME THAT FASHOLA HAS WON. FOR PEDRO HE HAS ALREADY BEEN TOLD NOT TO EYE THE SEAT FROM PAST.
Re: Can You Believe? Tinubu Betrays Atiku by Nobody: 2:16pm On May 06, 2007
by carefully choosing the appropriate moment to jettison the sinking ship of Atiku's political ambition, Bola Ahmed Tinubu has lived up to his decades old reputation as a wily, conniving rat.

but thumbs-up to him, anyhow grin grin

Atiku is is a finished man, he's just too dumb to realise it. No permanent friends in politics. only permanent interests a la ghana-must-go bags grin grin grin
Re: Can You Believe? Tinubu Betrays Atiku by Backslider(m): 5:39pm On May 06, 2007
@all

Very Funny The 16 foreign accounts that Bola has will be dealt with by Efcc. They will do their Job that is a Fact No amount political agreements should hold Efcc.

I tell you the fact that it is public will mean that the Guys at the top are playing this Game well. Tinubu should have know who OBJ before he started puting his hand in the treasury.

All the money should be recovered and he should be Jailed to serve as a deterrant for up coming Governors Our kids should have that A thief will be punished no matter how long it will take, It is the younger generation that we must sacrifice this governors to jail for.
Re: Can You Believe? Tinubu Betrays Atiku by CrudeOil1(m): 8:49pm On May 06, 2007
Tinubu should not act like a coward.He should be brave enough to stand up and fight PDP.
Re: Can You Believe? Tinubu Betrays Atiku by spencer007: 7:30pm On May 07, 2007
Well if the say that "In politics there are no permanent enemies and there are only permanent friends" then Atiku, Akande, Ikimi, Lar, Tinubu, Lam and all the rams' in AC- all the associates of Advance Corruption, should have known that by that truism any wise man like Tinubu would save is interest before leaving office by MAY 29.
Or what do anyone expect of a group of failed politicians as AC is composed, where an Abacha man, IBB man and Awo guys will sit down to discuss. Am sorry if you guyz didnt know that principles hold in politics, if you are a rogue like the Ubas' of this world then perfect and dont swagger, or if you are a Clinton of this world dont shift your ideals and standards, for men without principles will not only be disloyal but will also betray you for their various selfish purposes.
IN LIFE ONE GOOD TURN ALWAYS DESERVE ANOTHER, well in hell your bad service shall always be well served back to you.
ATIKU is crying today, Tinubu will run away again, and you who is there today will likely not listen to words of wisdom, Tell Obasanjo the monster-EFFC if it wont kill him, he is joking.
I THANK GOD FOR THE EFCC of a monster. But there is no reason to fear you who is honest in service,
Re: Can You Believe? Tinubu Betrays Atiku by tlops(m): 7:56pm On May 07, 2007
I think tinubu is just being shrewd.

1Jesus told his disciples: "There was a rich man whose manager was accused of wasting his possessions. 2So he called him in and asked him, 'What is this I hear about you? Give an account of your management, because you cannot be manager any longer.'
3"The manager said to himself, 'What shall I do now? My master is taking away my job. I'm not strong enough to dig, and I'm ashamed to beg— 4I know what I'll do so that, when I lose my job here, people will welcome me into their houses.'

5"So he called in each one of his master's debtors. He asked the first, 'How much do you owe my master?'

6" 'Eight hundred gallons[a] of olive oil,' he replied.
      "The manager told him, 'Take your bill, sit down quickly, and make it four hundred.'

7"Then he asked the second, 'And how much do you owe?'
      " 'A thousand bushels[b] of wheat,' he replied.
      "He told him, 'Take your bill and make it eight hundred.'

8"The master commended the dishonest manager because he had acted shrewdly. For the people of this world are more shrewd in dealing with their own kind than are the people of the light. 9I tell you, use worldly wealth to gain friends for yourselves, so that when it is gone, you will be welcomed into eternal dwellings.

Tinubu is simply fighting for eternal dwelling in the corridors of power,it is allowed in politics.
Re: Can You Believe? Tinubu Betrays Atiku by Pain(m): 11:45pm On May 07, 2007
Traitor Betrayed tongue
Re: Can You Believe? Tinubu Betrays Atiku by DisGuy: 3:07pm On May 08, 2007
Crude Oil.:

Tinubu should not act like a coward.He should be brave enough to stand up and fight PDP.

what a joker! cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria And The Instituted "state Of Origin" / Agagu Vs. Mimiko: Here Comes D-day / Ond Holder Is A Poly Rector

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.