Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,349 members, 7,812,000 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:55 AM

How Do People Without Connection Secure Government Jobs In Nigeria - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How Do People Without Connection Secure Government Jobs In Nigeria (2089 Views)

How Can One Get Federal Job Without Connection? / Ebiseri Aginighan: I Got A Federal Government Job In Abuja — Without Connection / How Can I Be Recruited Into The Nigerian Army Without Connection? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do People Without Connection Secure Government Jobs In Nigeria by xnigga(m): 4:35pm On May 25, 2019
Good day all. Pls I need help concerning the above topic from people who have secured a government job without having any connection or those who know people who have. I have applied severally for advertised government jobs from Customs, Immigration, FRSC, Fire service, NNPC, Prison service and ministry of science, to no avail. I need to secure a government job for peace of mind and I have no one in government to give me recommendation, I'm above 30 now so age is no longer on my side. I have a BSc, 2.1 in microbiology. please help

1 Like

Re: How Do People Without Connection Secure Government Jobs In Nigeria by AnnaWrites: 4:39pm On May 25, 2019
You just have to keep trying. Who knows, the stars may one day align in your favor.

1 Like

Re: How Do People Without Connection Secure Government Jobs In Nigeria by Opportuneke(m): 4:41pm On May 25, 2019
You don't need to have anyone in the government.....
Just prayers....Just God
I'm a living witness

4 Likes

Re: How Do People Without Connection Secure Government Jobs In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:43pm On May 25, 2019
Chai, you above 30 and you are still looking for a job?

Bros, even if you get government job today, you won't reach the peak of your career before you retire.

Please, think of the gap you can feel out there, create a job and be your own boss.

That's my best advice for you

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do People Without Connection Secure Government Jobs In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:29am On May 26, 2019
EastGold:

Bros, even if you get government job today, you won't reach the peak of your career before you retire.

Please, think of the gap you can feel out there, create a job and be your own boss.

That's an insensitive comment

14 Likes

Re: How Do People Without Connection Secure Government Jobs In Nigeria by Kezifils(m): 6:33am On May 26, 2019
EastGold:

Shey na paper him go use create the job abi. As if to start a business is easy

17 Likes

Re: How Do People Without Connection Secure Government Jobs In Nigeria by Pepenazeal7: 7:51am On May 26, 2019
I post verified vacancies available in Nigeria �� on a daily | Career Advice| insider info| meet a recruiter| interview TIPS |CV AND COVER LETTER SAMPLES.

Download telegram from Google play store and search for @JOBPLANET to join our large community

Let's get you your dream job today!
Re: How Do People Without Connection Secure Government Jobs In Nigeria by kevoh(m): 10:48am On May 26, 2019
xnigga:
Good day all. Pls I need help concerning the above topic from people who have secured a government job without having any connection or those who know people who have. I have applied severally for advertised government jobs from Customs, Immigration, FRSC, Fire service, NNPC, Prison service and ministry of science, to no avail. I need to secure a government job for peace of mind and I have no one in government to give me recommendation, I'm above 30 now so age is no longer on my side. I have a BSc, 2.1 in microbiology. please help
As someone who works for the government, yearly I often see new staff in the different agencies that are around mine but no advert in the dailies as to when the recruitments took place. Go figure.

Go and meet your house of rep, your senator e.t.c These people usually have one job slot reserved for them in different MDAs, you might be lucky they give you the slot. Keep pestering them. If not befriend rich kids whose parents are of Northern extraction, Katsina in particular, they just might help chip in a word or two to their Father, Alhaji or Uncle who is high up in the government circle.

And the most extreme one, befriend an Aisha, Amina, Hafizat e.t.c in her early/mid thirties whose Northern father is very rich and marry them grin, of course you have to become a Muslim for that to happen, shebi na you dey look for work. Watch how you are richly rewarded by the parent with good job, house and car, so that you can effortlessly take care of their daughter.

If you can not do any of the above, government work is not for you.

5 Likes

Re: How Do People Without Connection Secure Government Jobs In Nigeria by Starpro87(m): 11:06am On May 26, 2019
Hipsofagoddess:

That's an insensitive comment
Very insensitive.

2 Likes

Re: How Do People Without Connection Secure Government Jobs In Nigeria by Starpro87(m): 11:12am On May 26, 2019
You can start from the private sector. Peace of mind is internal and personal. Therefore Having a govt job is not a guarantee. Keep pushing, Your time could be tomorrow. I know someone who got into CBN few years back without any help from any man, yet he is not super intelligent. Push on.

1 Like

Re: How Do People Without Connection Secure Government Jobs In Nigeria by comtem2011: 11:42am On May 26, 2019
Kezifils:

Shey na paper him go use create the job abi. As if to start a business is easy
Don't mind him, to even sustain the business is only through the Grace of God.
The way some people reason self, I don't even understand.

2 Likes

Re: How Do People Without Connection Secure Government Jobs In Nigeria by foolbuster: 1:02pm On May 26, 2019
kevoh:

As someone who works for the government, yearly I often see new staff in the different agencies that are around mine but no advert in the dailies as to when the recruitments took place. Go figure.

Go and meet your house of rep, your senator e.t.c These people usually have one job slot reserved for them in different MDAs, you might be lucky they give you the slot. Keep pestering them. If not befriend rich kids whose parents are of Northern extraction, Katsina in particular, they just might help chip in a word or two to their Father, Alhaji or Uncle who is high up in the government circle.

And the most extreme one, befriend an Aisha, Amina, Hafizat e.t.c in her early/mid thirties whose Northern father is very rich and marry them grin, of course you have to become a Muslim for that to happen, shebi na you dey look for work. Watch how you are richly rewarded by the parent with good job, house and car, so that you can effortlessly take care of their daughter.

If you can not do any of the above, government work is not for you.

Chai!!! See advice. Hunger is indeed evil.
Re: How Do People Without Connection Secure Government Jobs In Nigeria by dreamwords: 1:39pm On May 26, 2019
Opportuneke:
You don't need to have anyone in the government.....

Just prayers....Just God

I'm a living witness
Every thing about 9ja is pray ,pray, pray for this pray for that
Re: How Do People Without Connection Secure Government Jobs In Nigeria by ddjay: 1:45pm On May 26, 2019
xnigga:
Na God Almighty dem dey use o
Re: How Do People Without Connection Secure Government Jobs In Nigeria by Opportuneke(m): 1:47pm On May 26, 2019
dreamwords:
Every thing about 9ja is pray ,pray, pray for this pray for that
Then get him a better solution if not that's he should rely on God..

2 Likes

Re: How Do People Without Connection Secure Government Jobs In Nigeria by franklingud(m): 3:00pm On May 26, 2019
Don't mind Nigeria and their connection stigma
Re: How Do People Without Connection Secure Government Jobs In Nigeria by carter009(m): 3:36pm On May 26, 2019
That's how 3 of my friends got there job, through a senator and a house of rep member, FIRS, DPR and PENCOM, seriously this country is in a mess, nothing for you if you don't know anyone in this country, is only a miracle from GOD that will help you get a government job if you don't know any of this top ranking politicians......

2 Likes

Re: How Do People Without Connection Secure Government Jobs In Nigeria by Asquare84(m): 3:37pm On May 26, 2019
I currently work with a pension fund administrator here are my advice for you

(1)in 2017 vacancies were advertised in federal civil service commission during the course of registering them for pension I discovered alot of people who got the job without connection

(2) the only available job govt gave to Nigerian free is N power volunteer

(3) if you don't have connections keep trying it will work one day

(4) from my interactions with most civil servants they are not happy with their job because of poor pay
(5) a lot of civil servant resign their appointment because of bad pay

(6) I strongly believe you can achieve more in business

1 Like

Re: How Do People Without Connection Secure Government Jobs In Nigeria by Plutonic07(m): 5:22pm On May 26, 2019
EastGold:

Oga a.k.a. Mr. Perfect, so because he's above 30, he shouldn't look for job?
Honestly I tend to wonder how some persons reason.
You might be fortunate to be comfortable, working presently or running your business, others aren't!

To the issue of securing a govt job at above 30 years and not reaching the peak of his career, are you God to determine if he'll reach the peak of his career or not?
Mind you, you never can predict tomorrow.

"Create a job and be your own boss," you can help him out with the capital and please profer a suitable job for him.
So many "instagram entrepreneurs" posting about selling bags, shoes, clothings, makeup, e.t.c ask them how far.....

Please be sensitive, for him to post this, shows he's concerned about his situation and tired.

2 Likes

Re: How Do People Without Connection Secure Government Jobs In Nigeria by simple250: 6:34pm On May 26, 2019
Keep waisting your time ,if your result is base on merit apply in private companies go for professional courses except you are the lazy type who just need federal govt job and be comfortable....

Mind you 10yrs from know things will change manpower will reduce in federal jobs because computer till take over ...

(1) (Reply)

Robert Allen Sponsorship / Uch Recruitment / Medpau International Limited

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.