Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,526 members, 7,819,894 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:43 AM

Why Do You Sleep In Church Even With The Loud Speakers? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do You Sleep In Church Even With The Loud Speakers? (16629 Views)

Muslim Allows Pastor Sleep In A Mosque As Christians Refused Him Accommodation / Why Do You Always Sleep In Church? / Youths Chase Away Preacher For Disturbing Their Sleep In Alagbado, Lagos (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do You Sleep In Church Even With The Loud Speakers? by willy25(m): 10:55am On May 26, 2019
hahn:
The stories in the bible are boring

We are tired of hearing the same nonsense

None of the miracles in the bible ever happen in real life

Most of the bible miracles are all mediocre

There is nothing new to learn from the bible

Most people are in church just because others are there

The pastor's new suit dey shine enter our eye
Lack of faith equals lack of miracles.
Going to church because you want to be blessed equals lack of miracles.
Reading the bible instead of studying it equals lack of understanding.
Lack of faith in God is a death sentence.
But Jesus loves you.
Re: Why Do You Sleep In Church Even With The Loud Speakers? by dafeoroyo: 11:00am On May 26, 2019
People sleep in church because that's the only time they feel safe and secure, no certainty out there : grin
Re: Why Do You Sleep In Church Even With The Loud Speakers? by dangotesmummy: 11:04am On May 26, 2019
majamajic:

devil don't want u to hear the word, if u are a true Christian, no preaching supposed to be boring to u, after all they are meditating through God's words
if a person talks to you non stop for 4-5hours while you're sitting, tell me you won't feel dizzy after sometime

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do You Sleep In Church Even With The Loud Speakers? by obedz(m): 11:07am On May 26, 2019
BravoDe:

Yea.
Members have same right as their pastor.
I guess that includes access to the GO’s private jets, security and church’s treasury ?

2 Likes

Re: Why Do You Sleep In Church Even With The Loud Speakers? by BravoDe: 11:24am On May 26, 2019
obedz:

I guess that includes access to the GO’s private jets, security and church’s treasury ?

Make bout the church....It's foursquare... I won't argue more...
Re: Why Do You Sleep In Church Even With The Loud Speakers? by LeoFish92(m): 11:50am On May 26, 2019
majamajic:

devil don't want u to hear the word, if u are a true Christian, no preaching supposed to be boring to u, after all they are meditating through God's words

Lol, even pastors do sleep on the alter while message is going on.

I've severally observed my pastor and other anointed men of God sleeping while the guest speaker laboured with his message...

It's the human nature to feel drowsy when you are inactive for a long time, more so men in their sixties and seventies

2 Likes

Re: Why Do You Sleep In Church Even With The Loud Speakers? by doggedfighter(f): 12:01pm On May 26, 2019
hopefulLandlord:
No! if I read a storybook I'm not interested in I'd feel sleepy. if its a storybook I'm interested in I may postpone sleep just to finish it. interest is what makes one sleep not the content

calling the Jewish mythology a storybook is an insult to storybooks

And he drops it. grin true word grin
Re: Why Do You Sleep In Church Even With The Loud Speakers? by doggedfighter(f): 12:06pm On May 26, 2019
hahn:
The stories in the bible are boring

We are tired of hearing the same nonsense

None of the miracles in the bible ever happen in real life

Most of the bible miracles are all mediocre

There is nothing new to learn from the bible

Most people are in church just because others are there

The pastor's new suit dey shine enter our eye

Maybe those miracles are timebound grin
Our generation is meant to listen to stories of how it happened, never to witness one grin cheesy
Religion is scam

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do You Sleep In Church Even With The Loud Speakers? by doggedfighter(f): 12:09pm On May 26, 2019
Liliyann:
The devil's handwork!
Preventing people from hearing the gospel
Which devil?
So devil can overpower god even in church.
What a joke !!
Re: Why Do You Sleep In Church Even With The Loud Speakers? by doggedfighter(f): 12:12pm On May 26, 2019
BravoDe:

Ya all think it's in all church offering belongs to pastor...Church I attend offering doesn't belong to the pastor cos church ll give account of it to every members of the church every 4 months
Which church?
Re: Why Do You Sleep In Church Even With The Loud Speakers? by meobizy(f): 12:14pm On May 26, 2019
I wonder why insomnia still happens when pastors can easily lend their services as sleep inducers and/or enhancers.
Re: Why Do You Sleep In Church Even With The Loud Speakers? by doggedfighter(f): 12:15pm On May 26, 2019
crazygod:
U can't sleep when pastor flo (coza Lagos) is preaching. Its just not possible. U won't even know when the time is up
Na so. See them grin
Re: Why Do You Sleep In Church Even With The Loud Speakers? by doggedfighter(f): 12:17pm On May 26, 2019
BonPatrick:
You are a fool for saying that
And you're a bigger one
Re: Why Do You Sleep In Church Even With The Loud Speakers? by kobiGcom(m): 12:19pm On May 26, 2019
grin
Oluromantic:

..I will enter His gates with thanksgiving in my heart, I will enter His courts with praise... Psalm 100:4.

That's what the churches follow.. it's not all churches that offering is a problem to. Winners Chapel holds 3 services on Sundays. While some are just waking from bed around 8am, some are back from church. So timing for such a church is not the issue, ppl will still pay offering. You can't sleep in a service that ends before 8am

Most church sermon comes at the normal siesta time around 12-2pm. You can't help but sleep especially after eating snacks for d sellers outside
the way ye end it though grin
Oluromantic:

..I will enter His gates with thanksgiving in my heart, I will enter His courts with praise... Psalm 100:4.

That's what the churches follow.. it's not all churches that offering is a problem to. Winners Chapel holds 3 services on Sundays. While some are just waking from bed around 8am, some are back from church. So timing for such a church is not the issue, ppl will still pay offering. You can't sleep in a service that ends before 8am

Most church sermon comes at the normal siesta time around 12-2pm. You can't help but sleep especially after eating snacks for d sellers outside
the way ye end it though
Re: Why Do You Sleep In Church Even With The Loud Speakers? by doggedfighter(f): 12:23pm On May 26, 2019
willy25:

Lack of faith equals lack of miracles.
Going to church because you want to be blessed equals lack of miracles.
Reading the bible instead of studying it equals lack of understanding.
Lack of faith in God is a death sentence.
But Jesus loves you.
Even with your faith, If I ask you to perform one miracle now.You will come up with stories
Re: Why Do You Sleep In Church Even With The Loud Speakers? by Nodogragra4me(m): 12:43pm On May 26, 2019
You lack scriptural knowledge and understanding hence your resort to offering as possible reason for the order. No message without praise and thanksgiving... God inhabits the praise of his people... Thanksgiving is a covenant multiplier.

People sleep due to many reasons chief amongst them being their previous day engagement and the order of the service be routine. If there is no expectation of the sent word but ramblings the people are likely to sleep through the service

It is the greenness of the word that counts

ITbomb:
Instead of prayers why don't we try this for a change

Do Message before the dancing and praise

Dancing is a body demanding exercise which leaves the body weaker.
Or are we afraid that people won't stay for offering after the message?

Which is more important, message or offering?
Re: Why Do You Sleep In Church Even With The Loud Speakers? by Deicide: 12:52pm On May 26, 2019
Mizwisdom:
Good question, if you check well you'll see that it's those that are mainly weak spiritually that sleep in Church
What instrument do they use in checking people that are week spiritually?

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Sleep In Church Even With The Loud Speakers? by matrixme(m): 1:52pm On May 26, 2019
ITbomb:

You know you can easily start your own church and begin your services with closing prayer. It's a free world. Just saying
Re: Why Do You Sleep In Church Even With The Loud Speakers? by golddeejay(m): 1:58pm On May 26, 2019
A typical Christian is rarely logical. Their chorus answer will be "it is the devil".

Shout out to Baba Adegboye of Rhema Chapel...it was the man that made me like church back then in school. He knows how to mix motivational talk, banters and serious preaching. You must have a really stressful night or lack understanding to sleep....altar call is always full sef.
Re: Why Do You Sleep In Church Even With The Loud Speakers? by 27Pushing30: 2:44pm On May 26, 2019
I slept while watching a movie at the cinema

E Dey happen
Re: Why Do You Sleep In Church Even With The Loud Speakers? by majamajic(m): 3:23pm On May 26, 2019
LeoFish92:

Lol, even pastors do sleep on the alter while message is going on.

I've severally observed my pastor and other anointed men of God sleeping while the guest speaker laboured with his message...

It's the human nature to feel drowsy when you are inactive for a long time, more so men in their sixties and seventies

u are right older people do likely to sleep all the time Mugabe and Obasanjo do sleep during big events, Buhari do sleep put always cover it with dark tiny sunglasses.
Re: Why Do You Sleep In Church Even With The Loud Speakers? by majamajic(m): 3:25pm On May 26, 2019
matrixme:

You know you can easily start your own church and begin your services with closing prayer. It's a free world. Just saying

begin a church service with a closing prayer ? hahaha. the church name Na sorry, u will loose all offering
Re: Why Do You Sleep In Church Even With The Loud Speakers? by loomer: 4:44pm On May 26, 2019
Even for work meetings with loud speakers we dey sleep
Re: Why Do You Sleep In Church Even With The Loud Speakers? by ofemigeorge(m): 4:46pm On May 26, 2019
majamajic:
Devil

but seriously nothing sweet pass church sleep
A swear
Re: Why Do You Sleep In Church Even With The Loud Speakers? by RexTramadol1: 4:56pm On May 26, 2019
majamajic:
Devil

but seriously nothing sweet pass church sleep

With lecture room sleep join
Re: Why Do You Sleep In Church Even With The Loud Speakers? by Sinach0191(m): 5:02pm On May 26, 2019
we're tired na dats y
Re: Why Do You Sleep In Church Even With The Loud Speakers? by femi4: 5:33pm On May 26, 2019
ITbomb:

When you come to God each day and every day.....the first thing that's suppose to come from your mouth his PRAISE and WORSHIP. Its more powerful than the message
Re: Why Do You Sleep In Church Even With The Loud Speakers? by nwakaibeya1: 6:03pm On May 26, 2019
Era of long stories about knowing Jesus Christ are long over, knowing Jesus Christ is all about peace and light and unbelievable power and evil people must fear you that was proved as Jesus Christ I know Paul I know who are you?

Have you confessed your secret sins those sins that are hidden, those communications with the hidden evil marine ,occult world and witches and wizards knowingly and unknowingly, have you confessed those sins that ordinary eyes cannot see?

POWER TALKS AND NOT EMPTY CRITICS and Those are the truth and revelation we emphasise on and speak and not the please come and be Bornagain and you will become blessed and you will become a millionaire over night where as you know it that common peace you don't have,even as a Bornagain #okay even if you grab the money do you have the power to protect the money,hence money need protection and if you say faith in Jesus Christ do you have the light and power and peace of Jesus Christ as his follower?

Do the evil people fear you as Jesus Christ commands and do Satan children get behind you as Jesus Christ commanded their father the devil ? The evil spirit said Jesus Christ I know Paul I know who are you? So when we say it's the evil people that knows whom Jesus Christ truly is it's in your Bible read it.

Many people who claim to know JESUS CHRIST don't even know why he came to the earth and what their right are going forward, in following JESUSCHRIST and when.they hear the reasons as we declare to the whole world they will never listen and accept because they lack knowledge and wisdom and because of what they have been fed with they see new truth&revelation as criticism and judgemental and they forget that from the mouth of Jesus Christ came forth >>ALL THAT CAME BEFORE ME ARE ROBBERS so you that's wise did Jesus Christ criticize and judge people or not? and if I have his power I am very free to judge whoever on earth and beyond including the dead if the dead is holding your star or property we wake them up and collect what he or she have stolen from You #that is our authority from heaven of God of justice and it's you test and see ?

Behold era of long Bible stories are over, hence with the Light of Jesus Christ if you have it you conquer all evil no matter your level in Christ Jesus that's the authority that knowing Jesus Christ brings to those who truly locate him through us why not see the unbelievable truth we speak and authorize human beings to investigate our source thought truth is friend to few people and we don't expect many people to believe us after all how many seers and prophets and pastors followed Jesus Christ in bible time how much more you in this generation who don't know that in the spiritual realm there is no distance Jeremiah 5.21,22
Re: Why Do You Sleep In Church Even With The Loud Speakers? by willy25(m): 7:00pm On May 26, 2019
doggedfighter:

Even with your faith, If I ask you to perform one miracle now.You will come up with stories
I publicly challenge you to try it. Only believe. We that believe live in mercy and miracles.
Re: Why Do You Sleep In Church Even With The Loud Speakers? by EvieP(f): 7:07pm On May 26, 2019
I disagree with u hanty. I do sleep in the church mainly on two reasons which are either the sermon is too long which my pastor specializes on or im physically not spiritually weak (added bonus my chair in the church is large and comfortable and its placed under a ceiling fan) sleep just happens

Mizwisdom:
Good question, if you check well you'll see that it's those that are mainly weak spiritually that sleep in Church
Re: Why Do You Sleep In Church Even With The Loud Speakers? by EvieP(f): 7:12pm On May 26, 2019
Quote and explain a single verse of the bible for me pls
iammo:
undecided

Imagine learning from a 1000 pages book every sunday for the rest of your life, thats simillar to using just a Text book from nusery 1 all through primary to secondary, till University and post graduate studies
Re: Why Do You Sleep In Church Even With The Loud Speakers? by EvieP(f): 7:20pm On May 26, 2019
If there is anyone who can quote the bible from Genesis to Revelation i did love to know. And then i will beleive that the bible is like reading the same book from kinder to the where education stops. But i know there is none. For i also know that every single time u opens the bible u finds something that u never that is in the bible.
People sleeps in church mainly cox of laziness,weakness long sermon. Most time boring topics, in most cases it is even part of peoples lives to sleep anywhere.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Joshua Iginla Celebrates Birthday By Donating N23m To 115 Widows / Explain These Bible Verses / The Scriptures Say Eat Your Tithe - Daddy Freeze

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.