Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,426 members, 7,836,712 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 11:50 AM

Top Musician, Bad Label Boss – Why Olamide Has No Business Running A Label - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Top Musician, Bad Label Boss – Why Olamide Has No Business Running A Label (647 Views)

I Never Sign A Label Deal With Kizz Daniel - Demmie Vee Apologies to Kizz Daniel / Olamide Has Succeeded In Motivating Yahoo Boys – Man Blames Singer / Open Letter To Olamide - Why Olamide Shouldn’t Release An Album This Year 2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Top Musician, Bad Label Boss – Why Olamide Has No Business Running A Label by bussieboi(m): 7:45am On May 26, 2019
GREAT MUSICAN/ BAD LABEL BOSS

Olamide Adedeji also known as ‘Baddo’ has become a household name in the Nigerian music industry since he burst into the scene in 2011 with the sick rap anthem ‘Eni Duro’. A lot has happened to the street king since then, he has been enjoying hits every year and even boasts of dropping an album pretty much every year since 2011.

After he dropped his first album, ‘Rapsodi’ he left his former record label ‘Coded Tunes’ headed by veteran producer ID Cabasa. Was it a great move? Many would have said no but Olamide’s belief and determination even led him to turn down a deal allegedly offered to him by D Banj. As a matter of facts and numbers, Olamide has done excellently well since he left his former label and manager.

You can be a top musician and a poor manager, this has happened countless times both in the foreign and local music industries, the biggest of the biggest artistes are still signed to parent label while some have their own little label, you talk of Drake, Nicki, French Montana. When some depart, they just fall off like they never existed.

In Nigeria, you just get two years of being at the top and an artiste like Reekado thinks he has seen it all and can run a label on his own, too bad.

Full Article: https://glintztv.com/2019/05/25/top-musician-bad-label-boss-why-olamide-has-no-business-running-a-label/

Cc: Lalasticlala Mandy44

Re: Top Musician, Bad Label Boss – Why Olamide Has No Business Running A Label by kiddoiLL(m): 7:56am On May 26, 2019
Na person dey send am to dey sign people upandan? I doubt the real Record labels in this country are up to three.
Once one artist blow, gather small money, he sets up a studio in his compound and then starts shouting he owns a record label.
The things real record labels can do enh, Olamide helps artists he finds talented yes, but he should take what he can shoulder, it's not a must he should take in every boy he sees in the streets, he should do the one he can and nobody will question him, this Lyta issue isn't the first we've heard about him.
He should be careful with how he handles his circle and business, he's the boss
Re: Top Musician, Bad Label Boss – Why Olamide Has No Business Running A Label by yeman2012(m): 7:57am On May 26, 2019
cool
Re: Top Musician, Bad Label Boss – Why Olamide Has No Business Running A Label by Rosay15(f): 7:59am On May 26, 2019
Everybody is just saying shit about him as if it’s easy to be heard in the music industry. Olamide is not running a charity organization and he knows what’s good for him, why can’t those artists reject his offer when he wanted to help them.
They think is easy, even Terry wey star boi sign after his single, did you hear anything from him.
No matter how you guys try to bring him down, street still love him.. much love bro..

1 Like

Re: Top Musician, Bad Label Boss – Why Olamide Has No Business Running A Label by Rosay15(f): 8:04am On May 26, 2019
kiddoiLL:
Na person dey send am to dey sign people upandan? I doubt the real Record labels in this country are up to three.
Once one artist blow, gather small money, he sets up a studio in his compound and then starts shouting he owns a record label.
The things real record labels can do enh, Olamide helps artists he finds talented yes, but he should take what he can shoulder, it's not a must he should take in every boy he sees in the streets, he should do the one he can and nobody will question him, this Lyta issue isn't the first we've heard about him.
He should be careful with how he handles his circle and business, he's the boss
.. I dnt think he is doing something bad by giving them a platform but you know what, you jst can’t satisfy anybody.
Moreover, if not for him will those guys be heard at all. Do you know how many artists that’s praying for such luck..
Re: Top Musician, Bad Label Boss – Why Olamide Has No Business Running A Label by kiddoiLL(m): 8:09am On May 26, 2019
Rosay15:
.. I dnt think he is doing something bad by giving them a platform but you know what, you jst can’t satisfy anybody.
Moreover, if not for him will those guys be heard at all. Do you know how many artists that’s praying for such luck..
He's doing good, read my first post all over again and understand it, though I'm not a fan of his music, I don't know much about him but I've head and read enough to know he helps young guys, I only said he should stop taking in so much more than he can give out.
He's not obligated to help every young boy he sees in the streets you know?
Situations such as this Lyta own wouldn't be happening and causing controversy around him if he stayed away.
In a country like Nigeria, You see someone ready to help you push your career and you come up with silly excuses until the person chases you away?
Come on! Olamide should avoid situations like these
Re: Top Musician, Bad Label Boss – Why Olamide Has No Business Running A Label by Rosay15(f): 8:21am On May 26, 2019
kiddoiLL:
He's doing good, read my first post all over again and understand it, though I'm not a fan of his music, I don't know much about him but I've head and read enough to know he helps young guys, I only said he should stop taking in so much more than he can give out.
He's not obligated to help every young boy he sees in the streets you know?
Situations such as this Lyta own wouldn't be happening and causing controversy around him if he stayed away.
In a country like Nigeria, You see someone ready to help you push your career and you come up with silly excuses until the person chases you away?
Come on! Olamide should avoid situations like these
... You have a point bro and I understand you better. I hope this will make him think twice whenever he want to help.
Happy Sunday..
Re: Top Musician, Bad Label Boss – Why Olamide Has No Business Running A Label by LearnITsmash(m): 11:45am On May 26, 2019
No Nigerian artist knows anything about running a record label undecided go abroad and see what running a record label is undecided Nigerians and misplaced priorities

(1) (Reply)

Burna Boy Performing In London Show / DG Girl Child Bayelsa Visits 21-years-old Female Bayelsa Barber Trending / Actress Linda Ejiofor Celebrates Her Father And Husband With Emotional Message

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.