Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,236 members, 7,818,792 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:47 AM

Fulani Radio To Educate Herdsmen, Fishermen, Farmers, Hunters — NBC - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fulani Radio To Educate Herdsmen, Fishermen, Farmers, Hunters — NBC (19334 Views)

Miyetti Allah Kicks As Fulani Radio Attracts More Reactions / Fulani Radio Station: Validation Of Obasanjo's Fulanization Claim - CAN / On The Fulani Radio White Noise (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fulani Radio To Educate Herdsmen, Fishermen, Farmers, Hunters — NBC by ken6488(m): 11:53am On May 26, 2019
OROSUNBOLB:
It is a big lie! We won't allow Fulani to dominate other ethnic tribes in Nigeria. If violence and blood letting is the only language they understand, by the we all come after them ,they will understand that nobody has monopoly of violence. They are just being stupid.

Only just two days ago I decisively dealt with two Fulani heardsmen who thought they could handle me along agbungbu - Sekona road (Osun state) around 9.45 pm. They intended to either rob or kidnapped me but I proved too much for them . They eventually ran into the bush.I just hope and pray that the FG will caution and put some senses into these headless people' cause by the time we decide to go after every Fulani in Yorubaland, it may be too late.

What fulani/Hausa people experienced in Oke Ogun and Ile Ife was just a dress rehearsal. We can wipe them completely off our land. I hope somebody will not tempt us to correct the mistake of Ilorin now. You guys have never defeated us in any warfare/battle- the battle of Osogbo in 1848 is a good reference. Let the sleeping Lion rests! We can deal with if we want to. Nigeria military won't be able to safe you-that is a fact.
ondo and osun should be prepared......

Because they are the next state on the list..

You guys need to defend your region oooo
Re: Fulani Radio To Educate Herdsmen, Fishermen, Farmers, Hunters — NBC by Nobody: 11:56am On May 26, 2019
ken6488:

lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Fulani Radio To Educate Herdsmen, Fishermen, Farmers, Hunters — NBC by Urchman200: 11:58am On May 26, 2019
So what happened to other groups like ipob ?they don't need this education and sensitization?what they need shooting or sending them to prison. Buhari I don't know what u tend to achieve with nepotism.
Re: Fulani Radio To Educate Herdsmen, Fishermen, Farmers, Hunters — NBC by ken6488(m): 12:00pm On May 26, 2019
Basher8583:

Baba. But why do you talk like this.
You didn't rant about Fulani herdsmen when OBJ (PDP) was in power
No rant when GEJ (PDP) was in power.
Now all of a sudden you have found your voice because a new party is in power.....
Your agenda is well understood. I'm just wondering when you guys will be tired of all this bullshit and face your work. Politics is not a do or die affair.
Please how will a Government sponsor the killing of its citizens.
It's only bitter people that sponsor such. Focus your energy on Atiku who is my prime suspect

You blinded by hate...

Islamisation is currently going on..

You think it is apc and pdp

I lough

Any my state is sercured
Re: Fulani Radio To Educate Herdsmen, Fishermen, Farmers, Hunters — NBC by OROSUNBOLB(m): 12:02pm On May 26, 2019
ken6488:

Bring it on !
Re: Fulani Radio To Educate Herdsmen, Fishermen, Farmers, Hunters — NBC by ken6488(m): 12:04pm On May 26, 2019
obiekunie1:

lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Believe me or not..

Have you not noticed thet rate of Fulani attack news in ondo has increased..

Be trustful to yourself
Re: Fulani Radio To Educate Herdsmen, Fishermen, Farmers, Hunters — NBC by ken6488(m): 12:05pm On May 26, 2019
OROSUNBOLB:

Bring it on !

cry

You guys need to defend your state
Re: Fulani Radio To Educate Herdsmen, Fishermen, Farmers, Hunters — NBC by JikanBaura(m): 12:05pm On May 26, 2019
Herdsmen hardly understand Hausa even the once that does actually understand only little vocabulary.

To be reach they truely need their language radio station.
Re: Fulani Radio To Educate Herdsmen, Fishermen, Farmers, Hunters — NBC by Hienna(m): 12:05pm On May 26, 2019
If u want to educate this pple why not Educating them first...
Re: Fulani Radio To Educate Herdsmen, Fishermen, Farmers, Hunters — NBC by Hienna(m): 12:07pm On May 26, 2019
If i was in his position i would say d same bt u wouldn't know my true mind...
Let see na.
Soon it may be called North and South Nigeria.
Re: Fulani Radio To Educate Herdsmen, Fishermen, Farmers, Hunters — NBC by Princedapace(m): 12:08pm On May 26, 2019
mrsfavour:
I have answered the questions but don't know where to submit it.

Thank u bro. Just click next, the last question still has next. Just click the next and it will be submitted..
Re: Fulani Radio To Educate Herdsmen, Fishermen, Farmers, Hunters — NBC by lexy2014: 12:14pm On May 26, 2019
Junkie1:
WE'LL SEE, I WON'T JUMP INTO CONCLUSION LIKE NIGERIAN GIRLS JUST YET ... I'LL WAIT AND SEE HOW THIS PANS OUT FIRST

Its already panning out. Look at this:

"The National Broadcasting Commission has said the proposed Fulani radio station will broadcast “purely educational,” programmes designed to cater for the interest of itinerant fishermen, herders, hunters and farmers."

Pls when fishermen, hunters and farmers start understanding Fulani or when did Fulani herdsmen start doing fishing, farming& hunting?
Re: Fulani Radio To Educate Herdsmen, Fishermen, Farmers, Hunters — NBC by lexy2014: 12:15pm On May 26, 2019
JikanBaura:
Herdsmen hardly understand Hausa even the once that does actually understand only little vocabulary.

To be reach they truely need their language radio station.

"The National Broadcasting Commission has said the proposed Fulani radio station will broadcast “purely educational,” programmes designed to cater for the interest of itinerant fishermen, herders, hunters and farmers.'

Pls when did fishermen, hunters and farmers start understanding Fulani or when did Fulani herdsmen start doing fishing, farming& hunting?
Re: Fulani Radio To Educate Herdsmen, Fishermen, Farmers, Hunters — NBC by Basher8583: 12:37pm On May 26, 2019
ken6488:

You blinded by hate...

Islamisation is currently going on..

You think it is apc and pdp

I lough

Any my state is sercured

From your post it appears glaringly that it is you blinded by hate for believing every rubbish that comes out of social media.
Re: Fulani Radio To Educate Herdsmen, Fishermen, Farmers, Hunters — NBC by Ten06(m): 12:37pm On May 26, 2019
What kind of education will you be giving to farmers, that if cow and herdsmen ravage their crop they should not react?

1 Like

Re: Fulani Radio To Educate Herdsmen, Fishermen, Farmers, Hunters — NBC by DeOTR: 12:42pm On May 26, 2019
ken6488:

You guys need to defend your region oooo

I know they'll not back down on their plans, but mark it, it will backfire so bad that they'll be forced to break away. I know the Fulanis are very stubborn, but believe me, messing with the southwest like they did in Benue will be their undoing.
Re: Fulani Radio To Educate Herdsmen, Fishermen, Farmers, Hunters — NBC by donbrowser(m): 12:48pm On May 26, 2019
Princedapace:
Force unity won't work. Lol. Nigeria is a funny country. In 50 years to come, I can bet u that Nigeria will still be struggling with electricity, water, roads, jobs, food, poverty, etc.

Archive this post. A country that wants to grow, there is usually a noticeable pattern, unfortunately, that is not the case with Nigeria. What pains me most is that it is the masses who will suffer this the most.

We are still hoping to get 1600 respondents for my friend's PhD survey questionaire. Pls, you can be of help.

Pls guys, a friend of mine is doing her PhD in the university of Florida.

She needs our help. She has her survey questionnaire crafted online. She is understudying birth control in Nigeria. That is a very interesting topic. She needs 1600 respondents for this research. You can participate. Survey takes less than 20 minutes.

Pls, to help her with your views about birth control, kindly check my profile and see the link on my signature. Just click the link and the survey page will open. It is done online and easy. Thank u so much. Don't forget to share with your friends too.
Done
Re: Fulani Radio To Educate Herdsmen, Fishermen, Farmers, Hunters — NBC by Basher8583: 12:50pm On May 26, 2019
Ajixegun:

Let me be frank with you, I vehemently campaigned against Jonathan because of unnecessary killings that was going on then. But to now see buhari indirectly supporting a particular group, he once said "they are foreigners from Libya" pisses me off and makes me to dislike him to my bone marrow. We Nigerians can live together in peace if no leader is trying to be tribalistic or nepotistic in nature which Buhari portrays. Presendent Yaradua (his blessed memory) was a very good man who had shown good example of an excellent leader that was peace loving and progressive.

You can go to Yaraduas grave and wake him up now. Call Lazarus mouka to follow you do the rites. Hate Buhari all you like. I don't care as it doesn't even affect him. You the one killing yourself with negative vibes.
When we say militants it's understandable as every tribe has one.
North-- Boko haram
West -- OPC
South East -- IPOB, MASSOB
South South --- Somany Avengers

But when you include Fulani herdsmen it becomes a sinister plot.

How would you feel if you hear that all of a sudden Igbo traders have started killing people, raiding towns. That Igbo traders should be Banned from moving to any state other than Thier own to do trade. That's the way it is.

A militant will go a cause mayhem and you tie it to Fulani herdsmen. But then again you can't catch them bacause they and Thier cows know how to run fast to evade arrest. Imagine. And people don't asked these questions.
What qualifies a herdsman is the inclusion and presence of his herds of cows. Remove the cows and he is no herdsman.
Please let's stop these lies and move to catch the trouble makers who are local to the area of trouble
Re: Fulani Radio To Educate Herdsmen, Fishermen, Farmers, Hunters — NBC by Alashoalash10: 12:55pm On May 26, 2019
iwaeda:

NEWS

Fulani radio to educate herdsmen, fishermen, farmers, hunters — NBC

Published

Tobi Aworinde

The National Broadcasting Commission has said the proposed Fulani radio station will broadcast “purely educational,” programmes designed to cater for the interest of itinerant fishermen, herders, hunters and farmers.

It also called on all broadcasting stations to exercise restraint in the treatment of sensitive issues that could threaten the unity and stability of Nigeria.

The commission, in response to criticism of the planned radio station by Federal Government to reach Fulani herdsmen, urged broadcasting stations to be professional and take guidance from the Nigeria Broadcasting Code, at all times.

The NBC, in a statement on Saturday, reminded all broadcasters to be mindful of their social responsibility to promote the well-being and peaceful co-existence of the various groups in Nigeria in keeping with the objectives of broadcasting in Nigeria.

It stated, “The commission is reacting to the media controversy over the license granted to the National Commission for Nomadic Education for the establishment of a radio station to operate on the AM band.

“The National Commission for Nomadic Education duly applied for broadcast license in furtherance of its objectives to develop and maintain nomadic education outreach programmes, including electronically mediated ones.

“The letter of provisional approval dated September 28, 2018, was issued to the National Commission for Nomadic Education. The duration of the license is from October 8, 2018 to October 8, 2023.”

The NBC noted that the station’s programmes, which it describes as “purely educational,” were designed to cater for the interest of migrant fishermen, herders, hunters, farmers, and migrants.

It added, “Consequently, it is a misrepresentation for any person or organisation to imply that the licensed station was just for a particular group.

“The commission wishes to state that similar educational broadcast licences were issued to institutions of higher learning and other governmental institutions with comparable needs, such as the Armed Forces of Nigeria, the Federal Road safety Commission, and related institutions.
https://punchng.com/fulani-radio-to-educate-herdsmen-fishermen-farmers-hunters-nbc/amp

Why must it broadcast in Fulani language alone if it has known hidden agenda
Re: Fulani Radio To Educate Herdsmen, Fishermen, Farmers, Hunters — NBC by Nobody: 1:02pm On May 26, 2019
Pavore9:
Why name it Fulani Radio when farmers, hunters and fishermen are part of the intended target audience? What is wrong with such a name like Agro Radio and broadcast in several local languages?

NBC should be ready to receive several application for ethnic themed radio station licenses!
you totaly right.. it just goes to show thier intent..
Re: Fulani Radio To Educate Herdsmen, Fishermen, Farmers, Hunters — NBC by Basher8583: 1:06pm On May 26, 2019
Ajixegun:

To be sincere, if every tribe should start behave like fulani people (killing other tribes), I bet with you, they won't be able to face the heat even with support of armed Nigeria uniform men. The FG should call them to order before it gets escalated.
I know Fulani for one thing. They don't go looking for trouble. However if you hurt them they will not rest until the have Thier pound of revenge.
Their fight are mainly with cattle rustlers who are notorious and brutal in thier rustling activities.
The fake media has gotten to your head.
Killings are done by local millitants sponsored by local powers in the area go and find out. And why is it hapless villages that you have never heard of are being killed.
Re: Fulani Radio To Educate Herdsmen, Fishermen, Farmers, Hunters — NBC by orisa37: 1:06pm On May 26, 2019
We know all these but it's undue privilege to establish it for Fulanis. Do same for Biafra first.
Re: Fulani Radio To Educate Herdsmen, Fishermen, Farmers, Hunters — NBC by Princedapace(m): 1:10pm On May 26, 2019
donbrowser:

Done

Thank u so much. I sincerely appreciate. U can also further help us by sharing with your friends, family members via whatsapp. Thank u once again.
Re: Fulani Radio To Educate Herdsmen, Fishermen, Farmers, Hunters — NBC by somehow: 1:13pm On May 26, 2019
This country if full of mad people.

They wail that something is not right but wail that something is about getting right.

They wail all the time both for the good and for the bad.
Re: Fulani Radio To Educate Herdsmen, Fishermen, Farmers, Hunters — NBC by oweman: 1:18pm On May 26, 2019
I still dont see the need for the wailings on this fulani radio talk it is thr fulani man that has over 90% rich or poor with transistor radio ss the wish to monitor news good or bad .
The iboman dont listen to radiio whatever programme the stations is airing dont matter .
Its just not part of the ibo's who are crying to listen to radio .
Virtually all the nothern states has radio stations on am and very many now broadcast thier television stations on free on air so there really is no need for all the noise on a radio station you wont listen to so why not let those who desire radio have it as the cost of setting up the radio station is not much .
Re: Fulani Radio To Educate Herdsmen, Fishermen, Farmers, Hunters — NBC by OROSUNBOLB(m): 1:20pm On May 26, 2019
ken6488:

cry

You guys need to defend your state

Thanks,but we don't need your advice.
Re: Fulani Radio To Educate Herdsmen, Fishermen, Farmers, Hunters — NBC by oweman: 1:22pm On May 26, 2019
oweman:

I still dont see the need for the wailings on this fulani radio talk it is the fulani man that has over 90% rich or poor with transistor radio with the wish to monitor news good or bad .
The iboman dont listen to radiio whatever programme the stations is airing dont matter .
Its just not part of the ibo's who are crying to listen to radio .
Virtually all the nothern states has radio stations on am and very many now broadcast thier television stations on free on air so there really is no need for all the noise on a radio station you wont listen to so why not let those who desire radio have it as the cost of setting up the radio station is not much .
Re: Fulani Radio To Educate Herdsmen, Fishermen, Farmers, Hunters — NBC by Shaev7(m): 1:24pm On May 26, 2019
Whichever way they want to make it very clear to us, most of us knows their real agenda. Mistake priority... The lightening that struct the transformer in my region will visit you all one day either by revolution or otherwise....
Re: Fulani Radio To Educate Herdsmen, Fishermen, Farmers, Hunters — NBC by ken6488(m): 1:25pm On May 26, 2019
Basher8583:

From your post it appears glaringly that it is you blinded by hate for believing every rubbish that comes out of social media.

You say rubbish.. grin

People are killed you say it is rubbish.. grin

Any way not my headache....

But all I know Fulani

Will end up in sw..

Nothing will make us allow Fulani down ss
Re: Fulani Radio To Educate Herdsmen, Fishermen, Farmers, Hunters — NBC by lwanga1993: 1:39pm On May 26, 2019
And what will happen in Abuja .... ?

Basher8583:

Hausa don't Rant they act the talk. STAY IN YOUR LANE AND YOU WILL BE COOL WITH ME. BUT IF YOU LIKE TROUBLE THEN ITS YOUR CHOICE.... DONT LET ME CATCH YOU IN ABUJA
Re: Fulani Radio To Educate Herdsmen, Fishermen, Farmers, Hunters — NBC by Ajixegun: 1:41pm On May 26, 2019
Basher8583:

You can go to Yaraduas grave and wake him up now. Call Lazarus mouka to follow you do the rites. Hate Buhari all you like. I don't care as it doesn't even affect him. You the one killing yourself with negative vibes.
When we say militants it's understandable as every tribe has one.
North-- Boko haram
West -- OPC
South East -- IPOB, MASSOB
South South --- Somany Avengers

But when you include Fulani herdsmen it becomes a sinister plot.

How would you feel if you hear that all of a sudden Igbo traders have started killing people, raiding towns. That Igbo traders should be Banned from moving to any state other than Thier own to do trade. That's the way it is.

A militant will go a cause mayhem and you tie it to Fulani herdsmen. But then again you can't catch them bacause they and Thier cows know how to run fast to evade arrest. Imagine. And people don't asked these questions.
What qualifies a herdsman is the inclusion and presence of his herds of cows. Remove the cows and he is no herdsman.
Please let's stop these lies and move to catch the trouble makers who are local to the area of trouble
You think the victims didn't know their victimizers?
We shall see when it starts to happen.
Re: Fulani Radio To Educate Herdsmen, Fishermen, Farmers, Hunters — NBC by four4: 1:59pm On May 26, 2019
Ajixegun:

'Eno' will be used as a means of communication which shall be strange to other tribes.
since una want to establish Fulani radio station for any reason una may like, we too want Yoruba radio station for the same reason

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Lagosians Lament About Not Getting Gifts From Sanwo-Olu On Sallah Day / Declare Your Assets, Buratai Directs Senior Army Personnel / Kaduna APC Suspends Senator Shehu Sani

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.