Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,256 members, 7,811,715 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:55 PM

Nigerian Doctor Saves ‘dying Man’ On Azman Airline Flight [PHOTOS] - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Nigerian Doctor Saves ‘dying Man’ On Azman Airline Flight [PHOTOS] (34349 Views)

Nigerian Doctor Warns Fathers To Always Take DNA Test / 'beard Gang Can Give You A Vaginal Infection' - Nigerian Doctor Claims / Transformation Photos Of A Female Nigerian Doctor Based In The US (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Doctor Saves ‘dying Man’ On Azman Airline Flight [PHOTOS] by fifty234: 7:05pm On May 26, 2019
U Sound like a medic but from the history he gave, I don't see that as convulsion, it could just be jerking.... People confuse some involuntary movt with convulsion

Atropine or Epinephrine should could have been better

Kudos to you for your submission. You are a doc that knows her onions. You must be an internist or Anaesthesiologist. All doctors need to take BLS and ALS regularly
Re: Nigerian Doctor Saves ‘dying Man’ On Azman Airline Flight [PHOTOS] by fifty234: 7:06pm On May 26, 2019
Alzirida:

U Sound like a medic but from the history he gave, I don't see that as convulsion, it could just be jerking.... People confuse some involuntary movt with convulsion

Atropine or Epinephrine should could have been better

n

Kudos to you for your submission. You are a doc that knows her onions. You must be an internist or Anaesthesiologist. All doctors need to take BLS and ALS regularly
Re: Nigerian Doctor Saves ‘dying Man’ On Azman Airline Flight [PHOTOS] by HBB1(m): 7:09pm On May 26, 2019
fifty234:

I am no one
Valar Morghulis!
wink
Re: Nigerian Doctor Saves ‘dying Man’ On Azman Airline Flight [PHOTOS] by mexxyaaron(m): 7:10pm On May 26, 2019
DaddyNimo:
you're lucky he didn't finally die, na police for dey wait you outside the plane....id mind m business if I were you. you just denied the man's family some possible compensation from the airline.

You are very heartless.
Don't worry your family will get the compensation when such happens to you bro.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Doctor Saves ‘dying Man’ On Azman Airline Flight [PHOTOS] by Holocene(m): 7:13pm On May 26, 2019
Unprofessional bragging....in sane climes, you would be charged for HIPPA violation.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Doctor Saves ‘dying Man’ On Azman Airline Flight [PHOTOS] by dovakhiin(m): 7:23pm On May 26, 2019
imagine ambulance no de airport incase of emergency,but one politician go mess nd al d force wt 2 ambulances de wait..hmn.
Re: Nigerian Doctor Saves ‘dying Man’ On Azman Airline Flight [PHOTOS] by MrMou: 7:24pm On May 26, 2019
Holocene:
Unprofessional bragging....in sane climes, you would be charged for HIPPA violation.
The ones on this thread who're unnecessarily trying to show the guy made one mistake or the other nko? No be say them wan show say them be doctor also & sabi medicine too?
"Diazepam is not necessary!" "He should have done this!" He should have done that!"
All of them are the same jare!
Re: Nigerian Doctor Saves ‘dying Man’ On Azman Airline Flight [PHOTOS] by ipswitch: 7:26pm On May 26, 2019
Thanks to the Doc.He deserves an award
Re: Nigerian Doctor Saves ‘dying Man’ On Azman Airline Flight [PHOTOS] by drskyfly007(m): 7:28pm On May 26, 2019
Alzirida:
Like seriously.

The Man tried.
But he over did it ooo.

The Diazepam was unnecessary. Can even kill the dying heart faster.

The patient could have died had he given it
Intravenously or through the Anus..... IM diazepam is as good as not giving anything

What saved the Man's life was the CPR ( chest compression).

Am just surprised that the air hostess are not trained to give *BLS* (Basic Life support).
They don't even have AED on board
That was the reason he avoided IV and gave IM diazepam..To play safe.
He knows his onion...

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Doctor Saves ‘dying Man’ On Azman Airline Flight [PHOTOS] by varyo: 7:36pm On May 26, 2019
Welldone!!!!!!! And God bless you.

author=Betpawanigeria post=78741123][/quote]
Re: Nigerian Doctor Saves ‘dying Man’ On Azman Airline Flight [PHOTOS] by Amudeneogu: 7:42pm On May 26, 2019
Believe it or not Nigeria doctors are best doctors in the world
Re: Nigerian Doctor Saves ‘dying Man’ On Azman Airline Flight [PHOTOS] by passion007: 7:42pm On May 26, 2019
My only concern is that CPR was started on someone who actually had a pulse to begin with!! Was he trying to restart a functioning heart?? The whole drama of starting resuscitation was unnecessary at the point in time. The indication to start CPR is absence of a pulse or breathing effort, not to buy time. What would have been more appropriate is an ABCDE assessment.

Having said that, well done Dr King for your bravery and I hope this calls government's attention to the appalling lack of any emergency services in the country.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Doctor Saves ‘dying Man’ On Azman Airline Flight [PHOTOS] by gamechanger1: 7:50pm On May 26, 2019
You are a great man. May God reward you abundantly
Re: Nigerian Doctor Saves ‘dying Man’ On Azman Airline Flight [PHOTOS] by gamechanger1: 7:52pm On May 26, 2019
passion007:
My only concern is that CPR was started on someone who actually had a pulse to begin with!! Was he trying to restart a functioning heart?? The whole drama of starting resuscitation was unnecessary at the point in time. The indication to start CPR is absence of a pulse or breathing effort, not to buy time. What would have been more appropriate is an ABCDE assessment.

Having said that, well done Dr King for your bravery and I hope this calls government's attention to the appalling lack of any emergency services in the country.
Believe me bro it won’t call governments attention to anything. We are actually a failed nation. Our country needs a real CPR urgently
Re: Nigerian Doctor Saves ‘dying Man’ On Azman Airline Flight [PHOTOS] by ritux: 8:03pm On May 26, 2019
This country is a joke. Even after calling, no ambulance on ground. What is FAAN doing?

Somebody need to check if the fire engines in the airport have water and are in working condition. Someday a plane will have to make emergency landing and there will be no fire service on the runway waiting.
Re: Nigerian Doctor Saves ‘dying Man’ On Azman Airline Flight [PHOTOS] by Tellolee(m): 8:05pm On May 26, 2019
You deserved my respect

Re: Nigerian Doctor Saves ‘dying Man’ On Azman Airline Flight [PHOTOS] by Amumaigwe: 8:18pm On May 26, 2019
kirajustice:
@POLITICS NIGERIA

A Nigerian Doctor by the name of James King is being praised by Several people online for saving the life of a dying passenger onboard an Azman airlines flight.

Politics Nigeria learned that Dr. King bravely saved the life of the yet-to-be-identified passenger who collapsed on the flight from Kano to Lagos on Saturday, May 25th. Narrating the incident, Dr. King stated;

“Its getting clearer now, …why I was born.

I just saved a life who would have possibly died midair in the aircraft I was a passenger in.

I was on seat 14F of BOEING 737-300 of AZMAN AIR from Kano to Lagos.

Suddenly, his head dropped.

A passenger on seat to my far left on the other side of the aisle.

The Indian man sitting besides him screamed and called the attention of the air officials.

The Indian said it seems the man passed out.

We were still several miles above sea level.

Far from Lagos our destination.

As it is with my nature, I was listening to some music with my earpiece on board this flight. I was rocking myself head forward and backward, my hands slightly moving up to the powerful music of SHOW US MERCY by Will Adiks.

The movements to the unconscious passenger got my attention.

I removed my earpiece.

In 5 powerful long strides I got to the dying patient.

To the Air Hostesses, “I am Dr James King. I want to take over. He is deteriorating fast.”

The Air Hostess said, “Ok sir. Go ahead.”

And she gave me way.

I quickly checked his pulse around his radial artery. It was small volume, irregularly irregular rhythm.

I shouted, “Any doctor, nurse or paramedic here?”

No response.

All the other passengers on board were staring at me with a forlorn look.

As if there was an impending danger to all of them.

I turned to the immaculately dressed 3 Air Hostess around me. “We can save this life together. His life depends on us now.”

I turned to one of the hostesses, “Can you please get us all the medical boxes and kits in this aircraft”

She responded, “Ok sir” and walked fast away.

I asked two other male passengers to help me lift the dying man from his seat to the aisle between the airfraft seats, …so I can have more space to start my intervention on him.

We placed him on the ground.

I immediate positioned him supine and also freed his respiratory airways by tilting his head backwards a bit.

I again asked, “please can I have any cloth or anything to support his neck.”

The air hostesses removed their top suits and handed them to me.

I was encouraged.

I folded two of them and placed them under the neck the of dying man.

At this point the dying man was already having rolling up eyes, …all white.

I listened to his apex heart beat.

It was very weak and faint.

I knew in seconds, he would be dead if I don’t do something fast.

I commenced CPR (Cardio-pulmonary resuscitation) on him.

He responded.

Then he began to convulse uncontrollably.

At the top of my voice, I shouted “Can someone get me Diazepam please?”

An air hostess ran somewhere to get it.

It was 30 minutes before landing.

If nothing was done fast he will die in less than 10mimutes.

I repeated CPR again.

And again. And again….

I listened to the heart using my stethoscope.

Some mild activity commenced.

I turned to the chief air Hostess, please call Murtala Mohammed Airport and tell then to arrange an Ambulance before our landing.”

She said, “Right away” and began to rush toward the cockpit to inform the Pilot to do so.

When I was sure the patient’s ventilation improved a bit, I quickly withdraw 5mg of Diazepam and gave him straight intramuscular on his buttocks.

Returned to the supine position again.

Commenced CPR.

Checked his radial pulse.

I then announced to everyone that… “I AM buying time. He will survive.”

I was on the floor of the aircraft kneeling around him.

Monitoring every single thing I can pick from his reflexes.

The chief air hostess came back.

I asked her, “How many minutes do we have more to land?”

She said, “in 5 minutes.”

I again announced to everyone on board, “HE will survive.”

Then there was a loud sudden noise in the aircraft.

Then we landed on the runway.

Three men/passengers carried him.

We evacuated him very fast out of the plane.

At the foot of the plane there was no ambulance waiting.

I was visibly angry and now shouting at the top of my voice to all the airport officials.

That the ambulance is at the other side.

In a rage I said to them, “This is wickedness. We did all our best with God’s help to keep this man alive for 30 minutes and you people could not even get an Ambulance to wait here?”

Someone suggested that he should be taken in one of the Toyota Hilux van.

I said “No, it will kill him before we get anywhere”.

I screamed, “Any clinic in the airport?”

That was when their brains came back to default reset and they chorused, “Yes.”

I said to the good men still carrying him let go.

That was when we rushed him to the clinic you are seeing in the photo of this post.

Its the airport clinic that is close to the Arrivals of the Murtala Mohammmed airport, Lagos.

I explained everything I did and the medications given to the doctor on call.

She took over.

Then I walked out and looked up to heaven and said, “I know You are involved in this. Thank you Lord.”

Addendum:
I actually came to Lagos for a humanitarian programme, an absolutely FREE Medical outreach that is poorly funded meant for the sick and abandoned Prison inmates at Kirikiri Prison.

We are all born to save lives.”

https://politicsnigeria.com/nigerian-doctor-saves-dying-man-on-azman-airline-flight/

c

Everyone hailing Doc King. Nobody cares if he is an Aboki, Afonja or Inyamiri. He just might have been abused on this forum by those hailing him if he were a member on account of his ethnicity, religion or political affiliation. All we need to be humane to one another is to remember that our diversities is not our own creation but God's. If you switch tribe or religion, you will still feel same way towards others. Let love lead.
Re: Nigerian Doctor Saves ‘dying Man’ On Azman Airline Flight [PHOTOS] by Aarenasbaba(m): 8:22pm On May 26, 2019
GOFRONT:
shocked

His Village people wants to pull down the plane and kill the entire passengers onboard but they can't.....So they have to single the man out....

But thank God there was somebody like Doc King James onboard d airplane....
Aworawo.... The fortune teller
Re: Nigerian Doctor Saves ‘dying Man’ On Azman Airline Flight [PHOTOS] by jamace(m): 8:26pm On May 26, 2019
Well done doc. cool
Re: Nigerian Doctor Saves ‘dying Man’ On Azman Airline Flight [PHOTOS] by kerry57: 8:27pm On May 26, 2019
Him time never reach,kawai.
Re: Nigerian Doctor Saves ‘dying Man’ On Azman Airline Flight [PHOTOS] by NaMeAboki: 8:37pm On May 26, 2019
His action was commendable but may have spoilt his story with too much self praise - wondered what value the diazepam (a sedative) had towards the undiagnosed condition of the unconscious man.
Re: Nigerian Doctor Saves ‘dying Man’ On Azman Airline Flight [PHOTOS] by HBB1(m): 8:53pm On May 26, 2019
MrMou:

The ones on this thread who're unnecessarily trying to show the guy made one mistake or the other nko? No be say them wan show say them be doctor also & sabi medicine too?
"Diazepam is not necessary!" "He should have done this!" He should have done that!"
All of them are the same jare!

He brought it on himself...
Many have resuscitated people on airplanes and no one heard about it.
In saner climes, if the man died and the Doctor's judgement was suspect, he would be sanctioned.
But based on the circumstances, he did what was right

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Doctor Saves ‘dying Man’ On Azman Airline Flight [PHOTOS] by HBB1(m): 8:55pm On May 26, 2019
passion007:

I could be wrong, but I believe you can start CPR on someone whose pulse is dropping?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Doctor Saves ‘dying Man’ On Azman Airline Flight [PHOTOS] by mechanics(m): 9:39pm On May 26, 2019
Nice one.
Re: Nigerian Doctor Saves ‘dying Man’ On Azman Airline Flight [PHOTOS] by passion007: 10:02pm On May 26, 2019
HBB1:

I could be wrong, but I believe you can start CPR on someone whose pulse is dropping?

That would be a peri arrest situation, and the protocol would be an A to E assessment.
The first responder's first job is to assess breathing and pulse for 10 seconds to confirm any signs of life. If there are no signs of life, then CPR. If there are signs of life, then ABCDE.
What if the patient had taken his anti-diabetic meds that morning and didn't get around to have a proper meal because of waiting too long at the airport.
Approach the situation as a medical emergency and you'll pick up on the cause. Approach it as a cardiac arrest and you won't.
In summary, no you can't start CPR on someone with a pulse, because they are alive. Think about it... It seems counterintuitive to pump the heart to work when you have evidence that it's working. If there was no palpable pulse, then CPR is in order.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Doctor Saves ‘dying Man’ On Azman Airline Flight [PHOTOS] by raphy(m): 11:15pm On May 26, 2019
na this kind people the world need if he never did abortion before in his profesion he can make heaven.
Re: Nigerian Doctor Saves ‘dying Man’ On Azman Airline Flight [PHOTOS] by Brock1: 11:16pm On May 26, 2019
kirajustice:
@POLITICS NIGERIA

A Nigerian Doctor by the name of James King is being praised by Several people online for saving the life of a dying passenger onboard an Azman airlines flight.

Politics Nigeria learned that Dr. King bravely saved the life of the yet-to-be-identified passenger who collapsed on the flight from Kano to Lagos on Saturday, May 25th. Narrating the incident, Dr. King stated;

“Its getting clearer now, …why I was born.

I just saved a life who would have possibly died midair in the aircraft I was a passenger in.

I was on seat 14F of BOEING 737-300 of AZMAN AIR from Kano to Lagos.

Suddenly, his head dropped.

A passenger on seat to my far left on the other side of the aisle.

The Indian man sitting besides him screamed and called the attention of the air officials.

The Indian said it seems the man passed out.

We were still several miles above sea level.

Far from Lagos our destination.

As it is with my nature, I was listening to some music with my earpiece on board this flight. I was rocking myself head forward and backward, my hands slightly moving up to the powerful music of SHOW US MERCY by Will Adiks.

The movements to the unconscious passenger got my attention.

I removed my earpiece.

In 5 powerful long strides I got to the dying patient.

To the Air Hostesses, “I am Dr James King. I want to take over. He is deteriorating fast.”

The Air Hostess said, “Ok sir. Go ahead.”

And she gave me way.

I quickly checked his pulse around his radial artery. It was small volume, irregularly irregular rhythm.

I shouted, “Any doctor, nurse or paramedic here?”

No response.

All the other passengers on board were staring at me with a forlorn look.

As if there was an impending danger to all of them.

I turned to the immaculately dressed 3 Air Hostess around me. “We can save this life together. His life depends on us now.”

I turned to one of the hostesses, “Can you please get us all the medical boxes and kits in this aircraft”

She responded, “Ok sir” and walked fast away.

I asked two other male passengers to help me lift the dying man from his seat to the aisle between the airfraft seats, …so I can have more space to start my intervention on him.

We placed him on the ground.

I immediate positioned him supine and also freed his respiratory airways by tilting his head backwards a bit.

I again asked, “please can I have any cloth or anything to support his neck.”

The air hostesses removed their top suits and handed them to me.

I was encouraged.

I folded two of them and placed them under the neck the of dying man.

At this point the dying man was already having rolling up eyes, …all white.

I listened to his apex heart beat.

It was very weak and faint.

I knew in seconds, he would be dead if I don’t do something fast.

I commenced CPR (Cardio-pulmonary resuscitation) on him.

He responded.

Then he began to convulse uncontrollably.

At the top of my voice, I shouted “Can someone get me Diazepam please?”

An air hostess ran somewhere to get it.

It was 30 minutes before landing.

If nothing was done fast he will die in less than 10mimutes.

I repeated CPR again.

And again. And again….

I listened to the heart using my stethoscope.

Some mild activity commenced.

I turned to the chief air Hostess, please call Murtala Mohammed Airport and tell then to arrange an Ambulance before our landing.”

She said, “Right away” and began to rush toward the cockpit to inform the Pilot to do so.

When I was sure the patient’s ventilation improved a bit, I quickly withdraw 5mg of Diazepam and gave him straight intramuscular on his buttocks.

Returned to the supine position again.

Commenced CPR.

Checked his radial pulse.

I then announced to everyone that… “I AM buying time. He will survive.”

I was on the floor of the aircraft kneeling around him.

Monitoring every single thing I can pick from his reflexes.

The chief air hostess came back.

I asked her, “How many minutes do we have more to land?”

She said, “in 5 minutes.”

I again announced to everyone on board, “HE will survive.”

Then there was a loud sudden noise in the aircraft.

Then we landed on the runway.

Three men/passengers carried him.

We evacuated him very fast out of the plane.

At the foot of the plane there was no ambulance waiting.

I was visibly angry and now shouting at the top of my voice to all the airport officials.

That the ambulance is at the other side.

In a rage I said to them, “This is wickedness. We did all our best with God’s help to keep this man alive for 30 minutes and you people could not even get an Ambulance to wait here?”

Someone suggested that he should be taken in one of the Toyota Hilux van.

I said “No, it will kill him before we get anywhere”.

I screamed, “Any clinic in the airport?”

That was when their brains came back to default reset and they chorused, “Yes.”

I said to the good men still carrying him let go.

That was when we rushed him to the clinic you are seeing in the photo of this post.

Its the airport clinic that is close to the Arrivals of the Murtala Mohammmed airport, Lagos.

I explained everything I did and the medications given to the doctor on call.

She took over.

Then I walked out and looked up to heaven and said, “I know You are involved in this. Thank you Lord.”

Addendum:
I actually came to Lagos for a humanitarian programme, an absolutely FREE Medical outreach that is poorly funded meant for the sick and abandoned Prison inmates at Kirikiri Prison.

We are all born to save lives.”

https://politicsnigeria.com/nigerian-doctor-saves-dying-man-on-azman-airline-flight/

c

Who send d doctor, him no allow d guy go go rest from d trouble if Nigeria. If I dey die and any body bring me back to life, I go kill dat person.
Re: Nigerian Doctor Saves ‘dying Man’ On Azman Airline Flight [PHOTOS] by HBB1(m): 11:41pm On May 26, 2019
passion007:

That would be a peri arrest situation, and the protocol would be an A to E assessment.
The first responder's first job is to assess breathing and pulse for 10 seconds to confirm any signs of life. If there are no signs of life, then CPR. If there are signs of life, then ABCDE.
What if the patient had taken his anti-diabetic meds that morning and didn't get around to have a proper meal because of waiting too long at the airport.
Approach the situation as a medical emergency and you'll pick up on the cause. Approach it as a cardiac arrest and you won't.
In summary, no you can't start CPR on someone with a pulse, because they are alive. Think about it... It seems counterintuitive to pump the heart to work when you have evidence that it's working. If there was no palpable pulse, then CPR is in order.

I think the Doctor did a quick check (ABCD) and found him to be unconscious, with a feeble, irregular pulse, which was getting weaker.
What ABCDE again, on a plane, no monitors, no ECGs, just some air hostesses in short skirts?! grin

In a deteriorating, unresponsive person, it's advised you do Chest compressions, if you don't know what else to do.
What's the worst case scenario?

I believe in symptomatic bradycardia, you have to pace the heart while you gather what you need-- asystole is just moments away. I have seen people die that way.

But I accept you are right, so long we don't argue, as it will be dumb for us to do!
wink

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Doctor Saves ‘dying Man’ On Azman Airline Flight [PHOTOS] by Stanbaba30: 11:55pm On May 26, 2019
GODS unfailing MERCIES saved that man. Doc, whoever you are, you will fulfill your destiny in Jesus name, Amen.
Re: Nigerian Doctor Saves ‘dying Man’ On Azman Airline Flight [PHOTOS] by passion007: 12:28am On May 27, 2019
HBB1:

I think the Doctor did a quick check (ABCD) and found him to be unconscious, with a feeble, irregular pulse, which was getting weaker.
What ABCDE again, on a plane, no monitors, no ECGs, just some air hostesses in short skirts?! grin

In a deteriorating, unresponsive person, it's advised you do Chest compressions, if you don't know what else to do.
What's the worst case scenario?

I believe in symptomatic bradycardia, you have to pace the heart while you gather what you need-- asystole is just moments away. I have seen people die that way.

But I accept you are right, so long we don't argue, as it will be dumb for us to do!
wink

I'm not arguing mate, and I apologise if the tone of my text is combative.
As an ALS provider myself, I couldn't let an inaccuracy pass unchallenged.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Doctor Saves ‘dying Man’ On Azman Airline Flight [PHOTOS] by Drguzzykola(m): 3:33am On May 27, 2019
passion007:

I'm not arguing mate, and I apologise if the tone of my text is combative.
As an ALS provider myself, I couldn't let an inaccuracy pass unchallenged.

U and HBB1 should conclude on the best approach in a scenerio like this , for academic/clinical sake too..
Am getting every bit of the procedure both of u acknowledged.

Am learning, still a Path and Pharm medic.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

See Amazing Weight Transformation Of This Man (440lb To 172.8lb) / 6 Tips To Help You Fall Asleep / 603 New COVID-19 Cases, 393 Discharged And 6 Deaths On July 4 - (2933 Tested)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.