Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,363 members, 7,819,312 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:12 PM

10 Sharia Laws Retarding Scientific Growth - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / 10 Sharia Laws Retarding Scientific Growth (2003 Views)

Women's Inheritance Laws In Islam / People Eating In Public During Ramadan Will Be Arrested - Sharia Police / 25 Sharia Laws Breaching Human Rights (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Sharia Laws Retarding Scientific Growth by usermane(m): 1:32pm On May 26, 2019
Traditional sharia comes from 3 main sources; Ancient Tafsir(Qur'an Exegesis), Hadith books & formal traditional schools of jurisprudence - Maliki, Hanafi, Shafii, Hanbali, Ja'fari fiqh.
Re: 10 Sharia Laws Retarding Scientific Growth by usermane(m): 1:33pm On May 26, 2019
1. Music is Prohibited

Sahih al-Bukhari » Book of Drinks:

"From among my followers there will be some people who will consider illegal sexual intercourse, the wearing of silk, the drinking of alcoholic drinks and the use of musical instruments, as lawful

Sunan an-Nasa'i » The Book of Distribution of Al-Fay':

"Umar bin 'Abdul-'Aziz wrote a letter to 'Umar bin Al-Walid in which he said: Your openly allowing musical instruments and wind instruments is an innovation in Islam. I was thinking of sending someone to you who would cut off your evil long hair."'

Fatwa Against Music except on Eid
Re: 10 Sharia Laws Retarding Scientific Growth by usermane(m): 1:34pm On May 26, 2019
Contributions of Music to scientific growth

Music;
Can improve memory & concentration, e.g during studying.
Can relax the mind and relieve stress.
May help in disorders and conditions as autism or alzheimer's disease.
Re: 10 Sharia Laws Retarding Scientific Growth by usermane(m): 1:35pm On May 26, 2019
2. Images of Man or Animals are Prohibited

Sunan an-Nasa'i » The Book of Adornment:

"The Messenger of Allah [SAW] said: 'Among the people who will be most severely punished on the Day of Resurrection will be the image-makers.'"

Sunan an-Nasa'i » The Book of Adornment:

"I heard the Messenger of Allah [SAW] say: 'The angels do not enter a house in which there is a dog or an image of an animate being.''
Re: 10 Sharia Laws Retarding Scientific Growth by usermane(m): 1:35pm On May 26, 2019
Contribution of Images of animals/man to scientific growth;

Pictures, mannequins, or videos for educational illustrations especially on Anatomy.
Surveillance cameras.
Photos and video records of past events for future references. etc.
Re: 10 Sharia Laws Retarding Scientific Growth by usermane(m): 1:37pm On May 26, 2019
Re: 10 Sharia Laws Retarding Scientific Growth by Rashduct4luv(m): 8:40am On May 28, 2019
usermane:
Contributions of Music to scientific growth

Music;
Can improve memory & concentration, e.g during studying.
Can relax the mind and relieve stress.
May help in disorders and conditions as autism or alzheimer's disease.

What of its several harmful effect! Music corrupts the soul. It is used to impart ideologies to a negligent mind. Drug abuse, homosexuality, indecent dressing, fornication, etc has been promoted by Music.

The contribution of Music is negligible to us Muslims. It remains Haram and Useless.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Sharia Laws Retarding Scientific Growth by Rashduct4luv(m): 8:46am On May 28, 2019
usermane:
Contribution of Images of animals/man to scientific growth;

Pictures, mannequins, or videos for educational illustrations especially on Anatomy.
Surveillance cameras.
Photos and video records of past events for future references. etc.

It is not forbidden to use images, videos, etc for educational purposes since that is for the benefit of the people.

Pictures with no complete head features can be used. And this is to prevent Shirk.
Muslims use passport. It is a necessity!

1 Like

Re: 10 Sharia Laws Retarding Scientific Growth by usermane(m): 11:12am On May 28, 2019
Rashduct4luv:

What of its several harmful effect! Music corrupts the soul. It is used to impart ideologies to a negligent mind. Drug abuse, homosexuality, indecent dressing, fornication, etc has been promoted by Music.

But all of these are only caused by lyrics or imagery. The instrument themselves do not cause any vice. If you don't want Dbanj or Nikki Minaj, there is plenty of instrumental music without lyrics, dance or imagery.

The contribution of Music is negligible to us Muslims. It remains Haram and Useless.

OK.

It is not forbidden to use images, videos, etc for educational purposes since that is for the benefit of the people.

Read and digest the hadith, please. It says image makers would be punished, it didn't exempt image for any beneficial purpose. You're applying your own ijtihad here.

Pictures with no complete head features can be used. And this is to prevent Shirk. Muslims use passport. It is a necessity!

Since when did it become a necessity for Muslims to use passport? For ages Muslims did not use passport. Oh, and passports show the complete head features.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Sharia Laws Retarding Scientific Growth by true2god: 11:54am On May 28, 2019
Rashduct4luv:

One of them spotted.
Re: 10 Sharia Laws Retarding Scientific Growth by Rashduct4luv(m): 7:55am On May 30, 2019
usermane:

But all of these are only caused by lyrics or imagery. The instrument themselves do not cause any vice. If you don't want Dbanj or Nikki Minaj, there is plenty of instrumental music without lyrics, dance or imagery.

OK.

Read and digest the hadith, please. It says image makers would be punished, it didn't exempt image for any beneficial purpose. You're applying your own ijtihad here.

Since when did it become a necessity for Muslims to use passport? For ages Muslims did not use passport. Oh, and passports show the complete head features.

Of cos i had read and digest the hadiths. But why didn't you quote the hadith where a young lady was playing with a doll that looked like a horse with wings and the Prophet smiled?

Necessity can demand a Muslim to eat pork/alcoholic drink if he is in a desert where no other food exist and he is at the brink of death!
And there are other cases like this.

The theory or philosophy of Islamic law, based on the teachings of the Qu'ran and the traditions of the Prophet is bigger than you. We don't bring rulings based only on one or two hadiths on a issue. Your approach is not holistic.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Sharia Laws Retarding Scientific Growth by Rashduct4luv(m): 7:57am On May 30, 2019
true2god:
One of them spotted.

Is it a sin to express the Islamic ideology in an Islamic forum?
Re: 10 Sharia Laws Retarding Scientific Growth by usermane(m): 11:31am On May 30, 2019
3. Alcohol is prohibited, even for medicine

Sunan Abi Dawud » Book of Medicine:

Wa'il said: Tariq ibn Suwayd or Suwayd ibn Tariq asked the Prophet (ﷺ) about wine, but he forbade it. He again asked him, but he forbade him. He said to him: Prophet of Allah, it is a medicine. The Prophet (ﷺ) said: No it is a disease.
Re: 10 Sharia Laws Retarding Scientific Growth by usermane(m): 11:48am On May 30, 2019
Contribution of alcohol to scientific growth

Alone, alcohol is an alternative to fomezipole, as antidote in methanol or ethylene glycol poisoning. Alcohol is also an important constituent of many oral drugs in medicine, e.g cough syrups. Alcohol is a useful solvent for chemicals, like in mouth washes.
Re: 10 Sharia Laws Retarding Scientific Growth by usermane(m): 12:42pm On May 30, 2019
Not only does sharia bans alcohol as medicine, the prophet cursed those who produce, sell or distribute alcohol. The prophet tell Muslims that alcohol is not medicine, that if they need medicine for any disease, they should take senna, honey or black seed.

“In black seed there is healing for every disease, except the Sam.” "Sam means death. And black seed is Shuwniz.
https://sunnah.com/urn/1274920

“You should use senna and the Sannut, for in them there is healing for every disease, except the Sam.” It was said: “O Messenger of Allah, what is the Sam?” He said: “Death.” (One of the narrators) ‘Amr said: “Ibn Abu ‘Ablah said: the ‘Sannut is dill.” Others said: “Rather, it is honey that is kept in a skin (i.e., receptacle) used for ghee."
https://sunnah.com/urn/1275020
Re: 10 Sharia Laws Retarding Scientific Growth by usermane(m): 12:55pm On May 30, 2019
Notice how wrong these hadith are? You cannot give senna to a man with diarrhea. Honey is not recommendable to a person with diabetes. This is proof that Muhammad's sunnah is deeply flawed. Yet there are Muslims who want us to live according to this sunnah.

In 2019, there are Muslims who fall for this "Prophetic medicine" or "Islamic medicine", unaware that there is nothing unique about it. It is antiquated, predate Muhammad and inferior to modern medicine.
Re: 10 Sharia Laws Retarding Scientific Growth by tintingz(m): 3:27pm On May 30, 2019
Rashduct4luv:

My goodness.

I don't know you are this ridiculous.

Do you know that the Qur'an and Hadiths also corrupt the soul?

2 Likes

Re: 10 Sharia Laws Retarding Scientific Growth by Rashduct4luv(m): 5:09pm On May 30, 2019
tintingz:
My goodness.

I don't know you are this ridiculous.

Do you know that the Qur'an and Hadiths also corrupt the soul?

Yes, they corrupt the souls of Zaalimoon like you.

But to the believers it is healing and mercy!

“And We send down of the Qur’aan that which is a healing and a mercy to those who believe (in Islamic Monotheism and act on it), and it increases the Zaalimoon (polytheists and wrongdoers) nothing but loss”.

[al-Isra’ 17:82]

Abeg, Kaafir, make i fast in peace!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Sharia Laws Retarding Scientific Growth by tintingz(m): 5:24pm On May 30, 2019
Rashduct4luv:

Yes, they corrupt the souls of Zaalimoon like you.

But to the believers it is healing and mercy!

“And We send down of the Qur’aan that which is a healing and a mercy to those who believe (in Islamic Monotheism and act on it), and it increases the Zaalimoon (polytheists and wrongdoers) nothing but loss”.

[al-Isra’ 17:82]

Abeg, Kaafir, make i fast in peace!

The barbaric practice and beliefs in the Qur'an and Hadiths are corrupting the souls of majority Muslims.
Re: 10 Sharia Laws Retarding Scientific Growth by Rashduct4luv(m): 5:44pm On May 30, 2019
tintingz:

The barbaric practice and beliefs in the Qur'an and Hadiths are corrupting the souls of majority Muslims.

Majority Muslims? Where is the statistics from?

Abeg stop quoting me jare.
Re: 10 Sharia Laws Retarding Scientific Growth by tintingz(m): 5:53pm On May 30, 2019
Rashduct4luv:

Majority Muslims? Where is the statistics from?

Abeg stop quoting me jare.
Majority Muslims believe in the Quran and Hadiths or am I wrong?
Re: 10 Sharia Laws Retarding Scientific Growth by budaatum: 7:19pm On May 30, 2019
usermane:
This is proof that Muhammad's sunnah is deeply flawed. Yet there are Muslims who want us to live according to this sunnah.
This, hopefully, is why you post what you write and I cannot say I do not agree with you, because while the sunnahs may be the knowledge of it's day, we must most definitely not live according to old ways and should allow our knowledge to evolve as it clearly has over time because I bet I can find a sunnah somewhere, which I can twist if I tried hard enough, that would mean, "do not use the internet or phones". But I can also bet that nobody with a brain would throw their phones away or refuse to use the internet because of it.

You may want to see my posts on ancient science here.
Re: 10 Sharia Laws Retarding Scientific Growth by usermane(m): 12:22pm On Jun 01, 2019
4. Sharia ordain amputation for theft

Sunan Abu Dawud >> Book of Prescribed punishments:

A thief was brought to the Prophet (ﷺ). He said: Kill him. The people said: He has committed theft, Messenger of Allah! Then he said: Cut off his hand. So his (right) hand was cut off.

He was brought a second time and he said: Kill him. The people said: He has committed theft, Messenger of Allah! Then he said: Cut off his foot.So his (left) foot was cut off.

He was brought a third time and he said: Kill him. The people said: He has committed theft, Messenger of Allah! So he said: Cut off his hand. (So his (left) hand was cut off.)

He was brought a fourth time and he said: Kill him. The people said: He has committed theft, Messenger of Allah! So he said: Cut off his foot. So his (right) foot was cut off.

He was brought a fifth time and he said: Kill him. So we took him away and killed him. We then dragged him and cast him into a well and threw stones over him.

Sunan Ibn Majah >> Chapters on Legal Punishments:

“May Allah curse the thief! He steals an egg and his hand is cut off, and he steals a rope and his hand is cut off”
Re: 10 Sharia Laws Retarding Scientific Growth by usermane(m): 12:23pm On Jun 01, 2019
Harmful Impact of Amputation according to Science

Amputation predisposes amputees to a host of complications. After amputation, there is need to stop the bleeding. For much of the human history, they resorted to cauterization - a procedure that is explicitly forbidden according to hadith.

Cauterization may stop the bleeding, but at the cost of further damage to more tissues. Once the bleeding stops, the amputee copes with the pain. But we've found out there is more to the amputation than pain. For example;
Re: 10 Sharia Laws Retarding Scientific Growth by usermane(m): 12:24pm On Jun 01, 2019
Severe microbial infections -This is known as amputation stump infection, it is common and may necessitate further amputation. People in ancient times did not know bacteria or antiseptic or antibiotics, so you can imagine how much amputation predisposes them to these infection, threatening hospitalization and death

Now that we understand we live with bacteria, fungi and viruses, we see more reason why the skin ideally should never be deliberately cut open. And thus we see even clearer the ignorance behind amputating thieves.
Re: 10 Sharia Laws Retarding Scientific Growth by usermane(m): 12:24pm On Jun 01, 2019
The flawed defense for Amputation penalty

Sure, the apologist justify amputation on grounds of deterrence. But if deterrence is the only purpose of punishment, then why stop just amputation? You could crucify or lynch thieves to death to serve as even stronger deterrence. More gruesome penalties were justified for theft back in ancient times.

Amputation is not justice, it is an overkill. The fate of a thief could be more severe than a murderer. Because, in sharia there is room for forgiveness of murderer by the victim's family, in fact forgiveness is encouraged. A murderer may be let free without even a scratch on his body.

A thief, despite committing a far lesser crime, will never be pardoned. For the rest of his life, he will remain an amputee. By mandating amputation, sharia over looks the potential complications that science have taught us.
Re: 10 Sharia Laws Retarding Scientific Growth by usermane(m): 3:09pm On Jun 02, 2019
5. Worn Hijab shall be long enough to touch the soil

Sunan Ibn Majah » Chapters on Dress:

“The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) was asked about how long a woman’s hem should hang down. He said: ‘A hand span.’ I said: ‘But then (her legs and feet) will be uncovered.’ He said: ‘Then a forearm’s length, but no more than that.’”

Sunan Ibn Majah » The Book of Purification and its Sunnah:

"I am a woman whose hem is lengthy, and I may walk through a dirty place. The Messenger of Allah said: 'That which comes after it purifies it.'"
Re: 10 Sharia Laws Retarding Scientific Growth by usermane(m): 3:10pm On Jun 02, 2019
Retardation of Scientific Growth by Worn Hijab touching the soil

One word; Germs. Germs on the soil attach to clothes and contaminate clean surfaces in our houses, and can infect the bodies to cause all kinds of diseases. Such extra long hijab that trail on the soil as the wearer walk is wasteful of textile and wasteful of water and soap for laundry.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Sharia Laws Retarding Scientific Growth by IMAliyu(m): 11:11am On Jun 03, 2019
budaatum:

This, hopefully, is why you post what you write and I cannot say I do not agree with you, because while the sunnahs may be the knowledge of it's day, we must most definitely not live according to old ways and should allow our knowledge to evolve as it clearly has over time because I bet I can find a sunnah somewhere, which I can twist if I tried hard enough, that would mean, "do not use the internet or phones". But I can also bet that nobody with a brain would throw their phones away or refuse to use the internet because of it.

You may want to see my posts on ancient science here.
This reminds of the MaiTatsine sect in the North during i think the 70s or 80s. They believed that all technology was haram and that all Muslims should stop using radios, cars and the likes and return to living in the dark ages.
Some of them, but very few still exist today and they refuse to listen to tafsir on TVs and radios.
There are even rumours that the remains of the original MaiTatsine sect were the ones that created boko haram, but i don't know about this.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Sharia Laws Retarding Scientific Growth by budaatum: 11:30am On Jun 03, 2019
IMAliyu:

This reminds of the MaiTatsine sect in the North during i think the 70s or 80s. They believed that all technology was haram and that all Muslims should stop using radios, cars and the likes and return to living in the dark ages.
Some of them, but very few still exist today and they refuse to listen to tafsir on TVs and radios.
There are even rumours that the remains of the original MaiTatsine sect were the ones that created boko haram, but i don't know about this.
Thank you!

The Maitatsine did speak against the use of radios, watches, bicycles, cars and the possession of more money than necessary and did indeed give rise to to the "don't learn, become alimanjeri"Boko Haram. And if it is that sort of stupidity op is fighting against then may Allah give him more wisdom to fight it better than he currently does.
Re: 10 Sharia Laws Retarding Scientific Growth by tintingz(m): 12:03pm On Jun 03, 2019
IMAliyu:

Can Sharia law be updated?
Re: 10 Sharia Laws Retarding Scientific Growth by IMAliyu(m): 12:19pm On Jun 03, 2019
tintingz:
Can Sharia law be updated?
Through ijtihad Yes, but not in the way you want.
Why are you even asking this, i was talking about something different here.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Islamic View On Child Spacing / Family Planning / Is Talking During The Khutbah Permissible? / Inspiration Episodes (must Watch)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.