Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,801 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:19 AM

Premier League All Time Eleven - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Premier League All Time Eleven (2457 Views)

Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2013/2014 / Who Is The Most Decorated Footballer Of All Time At Senior Level? / Hitv Bans Unauthorized Public Viewing Of Premier League & Other Matches. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Premier League All Time Eleven by dayokanu(m): 6:21pm On Sep 29, 2010
Shocking that C Ororo, the only Player that got WPOTY and Ballon D "or reckoning in the history of the EPL didnt make some peoples list
Re: Premier League All Time Eleven by chamotex(m): 6:24pm On Sep 29, 2010
dayokanu:

Shocking that C Ororo, the only Player that got WPOTY and Ballon D "or reckoning in the history of the EPL didnt make some peoples list

Egbon e soro ju
Give us your own list now
Re: Premier League All Time Eleven by dayokanu(m): 6:41pm On Sep 29, 2010
---------------Schmeichel

G. Neville T Adams N Vidic A Cole

----------R. Keane----P Vieira

C. Ronaldo------------------R Giggs

------T Henry--- Alan Shearer
Re: Premier League All Time Eleven by tkb417(m): 7:11pm On Sep 29, 2010
dayokanu:

that shd be the common name on every list

what do u have to say to Di canio and Les Ferdinand?
lmao
Re: Premier League All Time Eleven by dayokanu(m): 7:21pm On Sep 29, 2010
Wetin you wan make i talk, You just wan cause fight for here.

Les Ferdinand where Yakubu Aiyegbeni dey.

Seriously what are their scoring stats in the EPL
Re: Premier League All Time Eleven by Ibime(m): 8:34pm On Sep 29, 2010
chamotex:

The topic didn't ask for United's 11 mate.
I could scrutinize your team and single out S.Hyppia as well but it's your personal choice.
You can only choose one player per postion.
In your team, you went for Bergkamp/Cantona and Zola . . . if you had to choose only one, I could criticize you for leaving the other two out.
If you loved Irwin so much, why didn't you put him in your team? cheesy

Sharrap dia! Hyppia is not my personal choice. . . . he really is one of the best centrebacks in the last 18 years. . . you can take that to the bank. . . its not because he plays for unfashionable Finland that you underestimate him. . . ask Dayo how Hyppia taught Bundesliga defenders how to defend last season even at ripe old age of 37. . . Jamie Carragher was a scrub before Hyppia taught him about positional play. . . when I envision what a central defender should play like, I see the likes of Hyppia in my head.

Even goal.com readers voted him in the world team of the decade: http://www.goal.com/en/news/2804/goalcom-player-of-the-decade/2009/12/28/1713063/goalcom-player-of-the-decade-results-position-by-position

Now answer me simple question: Is Nigel Winterburn better than Dennis Irwin?

Nigel Winterburn that cant even shift Graeme Le Saux and Stuart Pearce from England leftback
Re: Premier League All Time Eleven by chamotex(m): 9:25pm On Sep 29, 2010
Ibime:

Sharrap dia! Hyppia is not my personal choice. . . . he really is one of the best centrebacks in the last 18 years. . . you can take that to the bank. . . its not because he plays for unfashionable Finland that you underestimate him. . . ask Dayo how Hyppia taught Bundesliga defenders how to defend last season even at ripe old age of 37. . . Jamie Carragher was a scrub before Hyppia taught him about positional play. . . when I envision what a central defender should play like, I see the likes of Hyppia in my head.

Even goal.com readers voted him in the world team of the decade: http://www.goal.com/en/news/2804/goalcom-player-of-the-decade/2009/12/28/1713063/goalcom-player-of-the-decade-results-position-by-position

Nigel Winterburn that cant even shift Graeme Le Saux and Stuart Pearce from England leftback

Hehehe . . . E be like say Shyte dey worry you.
There are too many players vying for one position . . .someone has to be left out . . . dont you get it?
And what has Finland got to do with the Premiership . . . are we judging on International performances? grin grin grin
Ibime, you don high o.

He was voted by goal.com but he wasn't in the Premier League All Time 11.
Different people, different choices innit?

Ibime:

Are we now only judging by who is better?
Is Hyppia better than all of Terry, Vidic and Ferdinand?
Too much Ashy is not good for you Ibime. cheesy cheesy

You can't criticize any one elses choice unless they select someone that has never made any significant contribution in the EPL.
Re: Premier League All Time Eleven by Ibime(m): 12:47am On Sep 30, 2010
You can't prove conclusively that Vidic, Terry and Rio are better than Hyppia but it is fact that Irwin is better than Winterburn cos Kenny Samson, Stuart Pearce and Graeme Le Saux never let Winterburn see sunlight in the England left-back spot.
Re: Premier League All Time Eleven by chamotex(m): 1:07am On Sep 30, 2010
Ibime:

You can't prove conclusively that Vidic, Terry and Rio are better than Hyppia but it is fact that Irwin is better than Winterburn cos Kenny Samson, Stuart Pearce and Graeme Le Saux never let Winterburn see sunlight in the England left-back spot.

All these left backs you named are good players. But I only had room to choose one. . . . personal choice there.
If I wanted to be biased . . . most of my 11 would be United players.
Maicon never let Dani Alves see sunlight in the Brazil RB spot too . . . it happens like that.
Reina could barely get a game for the Spanish side cos of Iker.

It's like asking someone to choose one between Pele, Zidane, Maradona etc.
Opinions will be split, no doubt and people will question why you left out the other two.
Re: Premier League All Time Eleven by Ibime(m): 1:08pm On Sep 30, 2010
Pure rubbish. I'm sure Alves has more than 40 caps for Brazil, while Winterburn only managed 2.

Just admit that Winterburn is not fit to be considered in Prem all-time 11, not even close.
Re: Premier League All Time Eleven by chamotex(m): 5:10pm On Sep 30, 2010
Ibime:

Pure rubbish. I'm sure Alves has more than 40 caps for Brazil, while Winterburn only managed 2.

Just admit that Winterburn is not fit to be considered in Prem all-time 11, not even close.

More gibberish from Ibime.
Are we now judging based on the number of International caps? cheesy grin grin grin
Then I must re-edit my team grin grin grin
Re: Premier League All Time Eleven by mystikal(m): 6:03pm On Sep 30, 2010
Free Winterburn abeg. He was an excellent gunner jor. His no of assists says a lot. But it'll be tough to tip Winterburn over Kenny Samson or even Cashley @ left back

Schemeichel

Dan Petrescu, Tony Adams, Terry, A.Cole

Beckham, Vieira, Makelele, Giggs

C. Ronaldo,
                        Henry.
Re: Premier League All Time Eleven by dyabman(m): 6:18pm On Sep 30, 2010
Hyppia is sh.it pls , Winterburn and Irwin are great but Ashley sh.its on them
Re: Premier League All Time Eleven by A40(m): 12:48am On Oct 01, 2010
I don't care what anyone has to say but if you don't have Scholes,Giggs and the Igwe in your list you must be having a laugh

Schmeichel

Irwin Adams Vidic Ashley Cole

C.Ororo Lampard Scholes Giggs

Henry Shearer

No combination of EPL players would be able to survive this line-up
Re: Premier League All Time Eleven by bxg(m): 1:58am On Oct 01, 2010
SCHMIECHEL

NEVILLE ADAMS STAM COLE

VEIRA KEANE

RONALDO SCHOLES HENRY

NISTEROOY

BENCH-CEHC,BRUCE,GERRARD,LAMPARD,CANTONA,SHEARER,DI CANIO
Re: Premier League All Time Eleven by dyabman(m): 6:03pm On Oct 01, 2010
i see lampsy is making the list . . . wow interesting.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Muslim Ribery Fumes Over Boateng’s Drenching Act During Title Celebration. / Carling Cup 3rd Round : Leeds United (0) Vs Liverpool (1) ,22nd September 2009 / Who Is The Best And Worst Referee In Premiership

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.