Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,319 members, 7,839,522 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 09:37 PM

Nigeria On The Brink Of War - Pastor Adefarasin - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria On The Brink Of War - Pastor Adefarasin (647 Views)

Crises In The Parties: PDP, APC On The Brink - Vanguard Reporter / Economy On The Brink Of Collapse - ACN Warns / "Do Not Vote For A Muslim President" - Pastor Paul Adefarasin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria On The Brink Of War - Pastor Adefarasin by shadrach77: 3:49pm On Sep 27, 2010
Pastor Adefarasin: Nigeria On The Brink Of War
print print

Author: Date: Sep 27th, 2010. | Category: News, Today's Headlines. | Follow comments: RSS 2.0. | You can leave a response below. |

Barely five days to Nigeria’s 50th independence anniversary, the senior pastor of House On The Rock, Paul Adefarasin, has warned that the country may soon become a war zone and disintegrate.

Paul Adefarasin

Adefarasin, yesterday, told worshippers in his church at the Eko Hotel and Suites, Victoria Island, Lagos, South West Nigeria, where he preached, that he has been informed that well armed Al Qaeda militants and Jihadists are in the country waiting to strike.

“A foreign diplomat told me a few days ago that Al Qaeda militants and Jihadists are in the country with ballistic missiles, AK47 rifles and all kinds of weapons. And they are waiting for a justification to their ideology to strike,” Adefarasin told his congregation.

He warned that the 2011 general elections, if not well handled, may give foreign militants the justification they want to strike and send millions of Nigerians into asylum.

“We cannot sit down and allow our nation continue to disintegrate and become a war-torn zone. We are probably a few steps from that.

“I don’t want my children to grow up in a nation that they cannot call a nation state anymore,” Adefarasin said.

He said that if Christians allow “the evil men to continue in power or take over power, we will soon be refugees in Cameroon, Benin Republic, the Gambia and even Ghana.”

“In the last 15 years, I have told you things that came to pass. If nothing is done now, I can tell you that in the next five years, only those with British or American passports will survive,” he said.

Adefarasin called on Christians to register and vote in the next election, instead of doing nothing and expect miracles.

He said that he has been assigned by the Pentecostal Fellowship of Nigeria (PFN) to sensitise Christians in the country toward being part of the next election.

“Pastors in this church who do not register or vote will be marginalized and may even lose their influence in the Church,” he said.
Re: Nigeria On The Brink Of War - Pastor Adefarasin by Nobody: 4:13pm On Sep 27, 2010
May God help us all. The prognosis surely is scary but Nigeria as usual will survive.

We've been on the brink of collapse before, so we are not strange about living life on the edge.

This too shall pass.
Re: Nigeria On The Brink Of War - Pastor Adefarasin by MaziUche0(m): 4:43pm On Sep 27, 2010
A collapse would be welcomed. As long as it is not fought in the East, I am ok with it. Let Abuja or Lagos be the battleground.
Re: Nigeria On The Brink Of War - Pastor Adefarasin by semid4lyfe(m): 4:48pm On Sep 27, 2010
Another alarmist sermon from the pulpit. . .Nothing dey happen jare.
Re: Nigeria On The Brink Of War - Pastor Adefarasin by edoyad(m): 4:54pm On Sep 27, 2010
A break up would be more welcome Mr. Pastor.
Re: Nigeria On The Brink Of War - Pastor Adefarasin by Beaf: 4:59pm On Sep 27, 2010
edoyad:

A break up would be more welcome Mr. Pastor.

. . .And where do you think you've been? wink
I almost started an article a couple of months ago. Welcome back dude!

(1) (Reply)

Special Adviser To The President Fingers Okah In Abuja Bombings / What Good Thing Do You Like About Nigeria? / Corruption In The Ministry Of Justice.!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.