Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,520 members, 7,816,266 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:31 AM

Uber/bolt (taxify) Drivers In Nigeria Beware Of This Scam - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uber/bolt (taxify) Drivers In Nigeria Beware Of This Scam (33748 Views)

How Is The Strike By Bus Drivers In Lagos Affecting You? / "Ladies Now Offering Sex To Uber/Taxify Drivers As Payment" / Man Calls Out Bolt (Taxify) For 'Stealing' From Him, Threatens To Sue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Uber/bolt (taxify) Drivers In Nigeria Beware Of This Scam by grandstar(m): 12:33pm On May 28, 2019
goshen26:
Don't just know why things brought to Nigeria with good intentions are destroyed with wickedness...

The other story I heard from Nigeria info was about a lady called Chioma. She boarded the vehicle from lekki or so, she told the driver that she doesn't have cash on her that she was gonna do transfer, the driver innocently agreed not knowing Chiomas intention.

When they got to Yaba she feign that the network was bad, the driver still told her to go and try to send the money when the network is good. Few weeks after she has been mocking the driver, calling him mumu whenever he calls her...

Why are some people like this?

Another driver called to report that a driver was killed at Oshodi too.

Who caused this nation with wicked people self...

I'm sure other countries have their own crimes. One common in America is insurance fraud. Another is credit card fraud.
Re: Uber/bolt (taxify) Drivers In Nigeria Beware Of This Scam by rotile247(m): 12:37pm On May 28, 2019
abbey621:
If this truly works then they deserve to be scammed....lol. 9ja people wey I know well well. If you dey drive uber your eyes already sharp well well, so I'm just confused how driver would just drop 5k just like that....lol. Driver go arrive pick up location, no meet you and he no go begin swear for your mama?

This things happen and many have fallen victim before general awareness.
Re: Uber/bolt (taxify) Drivers In Nigeria Beware Of This Scam by Ifebazz(m): 12:41pm On May 28, 2019
wwwtortoise:
Stupid people always sabbotaging genuine efforts of real hustlers.
Yet some idiots call Yahoo a hustle. angry
Re: Uber/bolt (taxify) Drivers In Nigeria Beware Of This Scam by ochiosa(m): 12:42pm On May 28, 2019
But I thought Uber drivers are not paid directly by the riders, pls educate me
Re: Uber/bolt (taxify) Drivers In Nigeria Beware Of This Scam by pek(m): 12:46pm On May 28, 2019
Fall for this, fall for anything.
Re: Uber/bolt (taxify) Drivers In Nigeria Beware Of This Scam by Aystarz: 12:51pm On May 28, 2019
goshen26:
Don't just know why things brought to Nigeria with good intentions are destroyed with wickedness...

The other story I heard from Nigeria info was about a lady called Chioma. She boarded the vehicle from lekki or so, she told the driver that she doesn't have cash on her that she was gonna do transfer, the driver innocently agreed not knowing Chiomas intention.

When they got to Yaba she feign that the network was bad, the driver still told her to go and try to send the money when the network is good. Few weeks after she has been mocking the driver, calling him mumu whenever he calls her...

I listened to that edition of "Hard Facts" shacked up in utter fear . Why are my Nigerian people like this? Lord knows we haven't an iota of empathy in us.
Re: Uber/bolt (taxify) Drivers In Nigeria Beware Of This Scam by 1Sharon(f): 12:52pm On May 28, 2019
Punt:
I doubt if an Uber driver will fall for this.Thanks for sharing.

It's not even allowed, Uber picks up ppl not parcels undecided
Re: Uber/bolt (taxify) Drivers In Nigeria Beware Of This Scam by abbey621(m): 12:56pm On May 28, 2019
rotile247:

This things happen and many have fallen victim before general awareness.

Many? Come on let's stop exaggerating!
Re: Uber/bolt (taxify) Drivers In Nigeria Beware Of This Scam by ENG0701: 1:12pm On May 28, 2019
goshen26:

This is why people don't help out again. How can you call an understanding person mumu.
Re: Uber/bolt (taxify) Drivers In Nigeria Beware Of This Scam by MorufuAtanda: 1:12pm On May 28, 2019
Nigerians always innovating ways to steal. No wonder crook Gbajabiamila is confident of becoming speaker.
Re: Uber/bolt (taxify) Drivers In Nigeria Beware Of This Scam by jackobi(m): 1:15pm On May 28, 2019
Abi ooh
maynation:
My yellow danfo does it better actually.tongue
Re: Uber/bolt (taxify) Drivers In Nigeria Beware Of This Scam by MoonlightDrive: 1:23pm On May 28, 2019
I can't believe any rational uber/bolt driver would fall for such a scam.
Re: Uber/bolt (taxify) Drivers In Nigeria Beware Of This Scam by deolu2000(m): 1:37pm On May 28, 2019
Nigerians are truly peculiar people, they will surely find a way to rubbish anything good that comes here. These cab hailing system is suppose to make life easier in the cities but alas our wicked minded people are making it otherwise.
Re: Uber/bolt (taxify) Drivers In Nigeria Beware Of This Scam by 9jaRealist: 1:39pm On May 28, 2019
Nigerians continue to be the WORST thing to happen to Nigeria... grin grin grin
Re: Uber/bolt (taxify) Drivers In Nigeria Beware Of This Scam by davillian(m): 1:40pm On May 28, 2019
Nigerians are good at spoiling things
Anything brought here we find a way of damaging it.

From snatching drivers vehicles to killing and snatching vehicles to fake transfer , fake bad network etc.
Most Nigerian would take advantage of a weaker person
Most Nigerians have the tendencies to scam and steal
Re: Uber/bolt (taxify) Drivers In Nigeria Beware Of This Scam by ikorodureporta: 1:46pm On May 28, 2019
cheesy so na just to scam less than N10k be all this wahala
Re: Uber/bolt (taxify) Drivers In Nigeria Beware Of This Scam by Akindele2490(m): 1:59pm On May 28, 2019
For Sale..
Fairly Used
infinix Note 3
3gb Ram ,32 ROM
Xcharge Fast charger
No defeat
Very neat
For serious buyer living around Osogbo and Ife axis and ready to meet me in person..
Asking price 35k
Call / WhatApp - 08063656435
Re: Uber/bolt (taxify) Drivers In Nigeria Beware Of This Scam by able20(m): 2:10pm On May 28, 2019
hush15:
Nigerians... always thinking of how to scam the next person sha...
and yahoo Boys want the government to end SARS, no way.
Re: Uber/bolt (taxify) Drivers In Nigeria Beware Of This Scam by worriedguy(m): 2:11pm On May 28, 2019
goshen26:

yet we think politicians are our only problem...I tire for this country

1 Like

Re: Uber/bolt (taxify) Drivers In Nigeria Beware Of This Scam by Nobody: 2:24pm On May 28, 2019
They drivers too are greedy nah

dat y dey will fall for ot
Re: Uber/bolt (taxify) Drivers In Nigeria Beware Of This Scam by ngadaAwo: 2:24pm On May 28, 2019
goshen26:

same people will tell you that yahoo yahoo is not crime

our yoots are dead
Re: Uber/bolt (taxify) Drivers In Nigeria Beware Of This Scam by CaptainFM1: 2:54pm On May 28, 2019
There is wall to wall corruption in Nigeria. Nigerians are indeed corrupt. All we think about is quick money.

1 Like

Re: Uber/bolt (taxify) Drivers In Nigeria Beware Of This Scam by engeen(m): 3:03pm On May 28, 2019
May you not be a victim of Danfo 1 chance. Danfo is a no no 4 me.
maynation:
My yellow danfo does it better actually.tongue
Re: Uber/bolt (taxify) Drivers In Nigeria Beware Of This Scam by KolaDream: 4:03pm On May 28, 2019
Good Day Guys,

GIVEAWAY ALERT
From today to the 31st of May, we will be giving out free BUDI car mount as part of our #DontTextandDrive campaign from DreamworksDirect

All you need to do is walk into any of our stores across Lagos and present a valid drivers license and you walk away with a car mount.

Participating Stores
DW Premium Store Lekki:
Shop C9, Lennox Mall, Admiralty Way Lekki Phase 1

DW Premium Store Aromire:
D’Podium Event Centre No 31B Aromire Avenue, Off Adeniyi Jones Ikeja Lagos

DW Store Surulere
103, Bode Thomas Street, Surulere Lagos.
Re: Uber/bolt (taxify) Drivers In Nigeria Beware Of This Scam by Raskasal(m): 4:47pm On May 28, 2019
Thanks for sharing this So helpful tip
Re: Uber/bolt (taxify) Drivers In Nigeria Beware Of This Scam by ehmmy11(m): 5:19pm On May 28, 2019
maclatunji:

Many drivers, I have read or heard 3
a guy man won't fall for this
Re: Uber/bolt (taxify) Drivers In Nigeria Beware Of This Scam by CharlesJok3r: 5:57pm On May 28, 2019
In this Nigeria of today you have to be updated and very sharp.... Everybody out there is looking for who they will deprived of their hard earned money.
We just have to be smart too.
Re: Uber/bolt (taxify) Drivers In Nigeria Beware Of This Scam by captain247: 6:13pm On May 28, 2019
Why are Nigerians not trust worthy? This is the reason why we are treated badly when abroad. We have dubious mind, imagine an American company that employed Nigerians, suddenly stopped and replaced almost all Nigerians with Ghanaians why? Just because of our dubious way of life.
Re: Uber/bolt (taxify) Drivers In Nigeria Beware Of This Scam by maclatunji: 6:31pm On May 28, 2019
ehmmy11:
a guy man won't fall for this
Just got a call from someone scammed like this.
Re: Uber/bolt (taxify) Drivers In Nigeria Beware Of This Scam by RUDEBOYY(m): 8:08pm On May 28, 2019
goshen26:

acts like are borne out hash economies, hunger and suffering.
I only blame our leaders for all this.
their is lesser crime in midst of plenty.
Re: Uber/bolt (taxify) Drivers In Nigeria Beware Of This Scam by poseidon12: 8:09pm On May 28, 2019
goshen26:

The driver can track her down with her phone number and she will turn out to be the real mumu after she is jailed.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

No More Cash Payment At Lekki Toll From 2020 / Student Of Federal Polytechnic Ede Crushed To Death As Petrol Tanker Falls / My Four-hour Flight From Abuja To Benin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.