Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,068 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:07 AM

Nigerians In USA , What Do You Miss The Most About The Motherland - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerians In USA , What Do You Miss The Most About The Motherland (2148 Views)

Nigerian Man In Uk Laments Over The Snow And Appreciates Motherland / Relocating To USA What's The Best Visa Application? / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians In USA , What Do You Miss The Most About The Motherland by TheRealOwner(m): 3:09am On May 30, 2019
otipoju:

You have a very strong point.

My prayer though is for God to elevate me to the point where i can be visiting every six months for at least two sundays. The Last and First Sundays. That will be 3 key services for a total of 7. Wow. That would be fantastic.

I will surely get there.
Hmm. Nice one
Re: Nigerians In USA , What Do You Miss The Most About The Motherland by Babyvet: 3:12am On May 30, 2019
otipoju:
For me, it is church ooo. To be able to attend service for 4 weeks will be bliss.

As much as i was looking forward to to the visit of last year, after ten days, i just wanted to go back.

The heaps of refuse on every bustop in lagos, the stench of the uncleared drainages, the harshness of people towards each other, the sufferring and looks of frustration on peoples faces, the hopelessness in the air was just too much for my spirit to bear.

I could not enjoy myself in the midst of so much pain.

I dont know if next time will be different.

Where are you ? They have plenty of Nigerian churches here.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In USA , What Do You Miss The Most About The Motherland by Mizwisdom(f): 9:18am On May 30, 2019
Babyvet:

She has a point, if you don’t miss anything about it why are you even on Nairaland ?

Good question smiley
Re: Nigerians In USA , What Do You Miss The Most About The Motherland by otipoju(m): 9:48am On May 30, 2019
Babyvet:

Where are you ? They have plenty of Nigerian churches here.

Yes oo. Plenty but the orishirishi that goes in the ones that i have attended is not just healthy for my spirit.

Everybody is up in everybody's business not because they care but just to gossip and make mockery of each other.

Not just my way at all.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In USA , What Do You Miss The Most About The Motherland by NigerianStore: 4:54pm On May 30, 2019
Mizwisdom:

Lol so if you don't miss anything you shouldn't post nah from what I decipher the OP is trying to use the info to stock his shop with things people miss and will purchase fr him if it's available there, it's not everything that you will raise political issues on

Yes, we would like to know what our customers / potential customers like so we can continue to please them . We also feel everyone should freely share their opinion without worrying about criticism.

The comments on here so far are enlightening and interestingly varied.

Hopefully we can all just share our thoughts without friction.
Re: Nigerians In USA , What Do You Miss The Most About The Motherland by Beautyaddy: 7:09pm On May 30, 2019
otipoju:

Yes oo. Plenty but the orishirishi that goes in the ones that i have attended is not just healthy for my spirit.

Everybody is up in everybody's business not because they care but just to gossip and make mockery of each other.

Not just my way at all.

Huh...Isn't that what most churches in Nigeria do
Re: Nigerians In USA , What Do You Miss The Most About The Motherland by domainservice(m): 9:02pm On May 30, 2019
Am saying this with faith that I won't miss anything in Nigeria except for my family sha.
Re: Nigerians In USA , What Do You Miss The Most About The Motherland by AngelicBeing: 10:25pm On May 30, 2019
Beautyaddy:

It can be avoided if you don't get involved too much in the politics and networking in the church, after service, take your Bible and leave for home, avoid all those side chit-chat and religious gossips, keep all your personal information about yourself / family / business to yourself alone, maintain your personal space and keep everyone at arm's length and watch as church members get confused about you and will mind their business, I did the above in Nigeria and at a point, it was the pastor and his wife/ different committee / church group's that were wondering if I am a ghost and they tried to get me involved in several church activities but I declined and they left me alone, they said once they share the Grace in the church before they look up, l have disappeared cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians In USA , What Do You Miss The Most About The Motherland by Beautyaddy: 12:06am On May 31, 2019
AngelicBeing:
It can be avoided if you don't get involved too much in the politics and networking in the church, after service, take your Bible and leave for home, avoid all those side chit-chat and religious gossips, keep all your personal information about yourself / family / business to yourself alone, maintain your personal space and keep everyone at arm's length and watch as church members get confused about you and will mind their business, I did the above in Nigeria and at a point, it was the pastor and his wife/ different committee / church group's that were wondering if I am a ghost and they tried to get me involved in several church activities but I declined and they left me alone, they said once they share the Grace in the church before they look up, l have disappeared cheesy

lol!!…These are all exactly the same approaches I do when I have to attend any Nigerian church.

In fact, I encourage people to attend churches with larger members because your presence or absence there will be hardly noticed.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In USA , What Do You Miss The Most About The Motherland by AngelicBeing: 12:12am On May 31, 2019
Beautyaddy:

lol!!…These are all exactly the same approaches I do when I have to attend any Nigerian church.

In fact, I encourage people to attend churches with larger members because your presence or absence there will be hardly noticed.
Spot on, especially about attending larger congregational fellowships, you will be lost in the crowd which I prefer though and after service, it is TO YOUR TENT OH ISRAEL wink

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In USA , What Do You Miss The Most About The Motherland by otipoju(m): 12:31am On May 31, 2019
Beautyaddy:

True. But here its a smaller community. And the consequences of a slip up could be devastating.
Some People life don spoil already for here, dem dey find who go join them.

Then in Nigeria you have thousands of churches to choose from and a circle of real friends and family to lean on if need be.

Plus that Nigeria sef ,ive always been a " get to church 5 minutes before start and leave immediately service ends" and go home and chill with my people.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In USA , What Do You Miss The Most About The Motherland by ashatoda: 7:08am On May 31, 2019
otipoju:

True. But here its a smaller community. And the consequences of a slip up could be devastating.
Some People life don spoil already for here, dem dey find who go join them.

Then in Nigeria you have thousands of churches to choose from and a circle of real friends and family to lean on if need be.

Plus that Nigeria sef ,ive always been a " get to church 5 minutes before start and leave immediately service ends" and go home and chill with my people.

hmmm na wa
Re: Nigerians In USA , What Do You Miss The Most About The Motherland by bayocanny: 3:37pm On Jun 01, 2019
If you die in Nigeria without travelling abroad even for vacation or sight seeing, brethren, you die a painful death.

if you have the means to move out legally pls do.
Re: Nigerians In USA , What Do You Miss The Most About The Motherland by Suspect33(m): 11:42am On Jun 03, 2019
Mizwisdom:
I'm sure it's mama put or Cat fish pepper soup and palm wine. Also people just greet anyhow here, you are always invited to visit people grin funny place
Happy Birthday beautiful smiley
Re: Nigerians In USA , What Do You Miss The Most About The Motherland by Mizwisdom(f): 11:46am On Jun 03, 2019
Suspect33:
Happy Birthday beautiful smiley

Awwww thank you dear!

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Cheap Universities Abroad That Offer M.sc Biotechnology Or Biochemistry / In Need Of Advice b4 Embarking on A Family Vacation To Ghana Next Month / How Much Does Dubai Visa Cost Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.