Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,163 members, 7,821,944 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:26 PM

In Need Of Advice b4 Embarking on A Family Vacation To Ghana Next Month - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / In Need Of Advice b4 Embarking on A Family Vacation To Ghana Next Month (2151 Views)

Old Pictures Of Lagos (even B4 Independence) You Probably Have Not Seen - Photo / 4 Members Of A Family Die In Fatal Accident In Benue - Graphic Photos / Offer Of Advice For Interest In Studying In Czech (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

In Need Of Advice b4 Embarking on A Family Vacation To Ghana Next Month by Nicols(m): 10:24am On Nov 19, 2010
My wife has been home sick and we planned travelling to the East for Christmas.
Well that plan has changed because I made a call few days ago to my brother who adviced me against travelling home due to high rate of criminal activities there which includes kidnapping and armed robbery. I weep for Nija.

Anyway, I have decided to travel to Ghana with my wife and son for a 2 weeks vacation. Never been there before. Your advice will be appreciated on the most decent and affordable places to spend a vacation in Ghana. Also, does one require any visa to travel to Ghana?

Your contributions and advice will be appreciated.
Re: In Need Of Advice b4 Embarking on A Family Vacation To Ghana Next Month by DisGuy: 1:11pm On Nov 19, 2010
Nicols:

My wife has been home sick and we planned travelling to the East for Christma.
Well that plan has changed because I made a call few days ago to my brother who adviced me against travelling home due to high rate of criminal activities there which includes kidnapping and armed robbery. I weep for Nija.

Anyway, I have decided to travel to Ghana with my wife and son for a 2 weeks vacation. Never been there before. Your advice will be appreciated on the most decent and affordable places to spend a vacation in Ghana. Also, do one require any visa to travel to Ghana?

Your contributions and advice will be appreciated.

are you serious about this question or just pulling our legs sad
Re: In Need Of Advice b4 Embarking on A Family Vacation To Ghana Next Month by Nicols(m): 1:41pm On Nov 19, 2010
Dis Guy:

are you serious about this question or just pulling our legs sad

I've gone to the neighboring Benin Republic on few occasion without visa. Dont know if same applies to Ghana.
Re: In Need Of Advice b4 Embarking on A Family Vacation To Ghana Next Month by blackcat1: 1:43pm On Nov 19, 2010
If you hold a Nigerian passport you don't need a visa to enter Ghana or any of the Ecowas countries.
Re: In Need Of Advice b4 Embarking on A Family Vacation To Ghana Next Month by Nicols(m): 1:50pm On Nov 19, 2010
blackcat1:

If you hold a Nigerian passport you don't need a visa to enter Ghana or any of the Ecowas countries.

Thanks bro. We all have the Nija e-Passport. That means it's OK to proceed with our flight booking ahead of the December rush.

I heared that you can rent an entire furnished apartment/building in Ghana for as low as 20k per month. How possible is that?
Re: In Need Of Advice b4 Embarking on A Family Vacation To Ghana Next Month by MrKelly: 4:17pm On Nov 21, 2010
Have you tried Obudu Cattle ranch? Though the hotel fee is a little on the high side but you'll get a value for your money there.
Re: In Need Of Advice b4 Embarking on A Family Vacation To Ghana Next Month by MrKelly: 1:11pm On Nov 22, 2010
We're both on the same shoe here. You can contact Quincy via this e-mail address titi.travels.tours@gmail.com. She is a tested and trusted travel agent in this forum.
Re: In Need Of Advice b4 Embarking on A Family Vacation To Ghana Next Month by spikedcylinder: 1:17pm On Nov 22, 2010
You don't need a visa to enter Ghana. Once you get to their Kotoka Airport, your passport will be stamped and I think you can stay there for up to three months before you need a renewal.
What are your tastes though? It'll determine what you want to spend your time and money on in Ghana.
You might want to check out http://www.aximbeach.com/ though. Perfect vacation spot though it is outside Accra.
Also, check out El'orr Hotels and Jazz Court if you are into African and contemporary Jazz and the likes.
Both affordable too. About $60 or so. smiley
Re: In Need Of Advice b4 Embarking on A Family Vacation To Ghana Next Month by MrKelly: 7:00pm On Nov 24, 2010
spikedcylinder:

You don't need a visa to enter Ghana. Once you get to their Kotoka Airport, your passport will be stamped and I think you can stay there for up to three months before you need a renewal.
What are your tastes though? It'll determine what you want to spend your time and money on in Ghana.
You might want to check out http://www.aximbeach.com/ though. Perfect vacation spot though it is outside Accra.
Also, check out El'orr Hotels and Jazz Court if you are into African and contemporary Jazz and the likes.

Thanks a million bro.
That site is quite helpful.
Re: In Need Of Advice b4 Embarking on A Family Vacation To Ghana Next Month by spikedcylinder: 7:44pm On Nov 24, 2010
I'm a girl and you are welcome. smiley
Re: In Need Of Advice b4 Embarking on A Family Vacation To Ghana Next Month by Nicols(m): 12:57pm On Nov 25, 2010
spikedcylinder:

Thanks. I called Axim Beach hotel and was informed that the hotel is about 6 hour drive to Accra. Would love to visit Accra on my trip but is not comfortable with the long hour drive. Anyone with an idea of a moderate hotel that is closer to the Accra?
Re: In Need Of Advice b4 Embarking on A Family Vacation To Ghana Next Month by MrKelly: 1:06pm On Nov 25, 2010
spikedcylinder:

I'm a girl and you are welcome. smiley

Perdoname senora, Muchas gracias.
Re: In Need Of Advice b4 Embarking on A Family Vacation To Ghana Next Month by spikedcylinder: 7:28pm On Nov 25, 2010
Nicols:

Thanks. I called Axim Beach hotel and was informed that the hotel is about 6 hour drive to Accra. Would love to visit Accra on my trip but is not comfortable with the long hour drive. Anyone with an idea of a moderate hotel that is closer to the Accra?

My idea of a vacation is usually away from the major city with lots of activity. Axim offers fishing, hiking, exploring the neighboring village, hunting etc. It is very close to nature. That was why I recommended the place.
Otherwise, you can try E'lorr Hotel and Jazz Court. I'll look for their number from my inbox and post it here in a bit. It is in Ashongman though, close to the University of Ghana.
Re: In Need Of Advice b4 Embarking on A Family Vacation To Ghana Next Month by Nicols(m): 2:54pm On Nov 26, 2010
spikedcylinder:

My idea of a vacation is usually away from the major city with lots of activity. Axim offers fishing, hiking, exploring the neighboring village, hunting etc. It is very close to nature. That was why I recommended the place.
Otherwise, you can try E'lorr Hotel and Jazz Court. I'll look for their number from my inbox and post it here in a bit. It is in Ashongman though, close to the University of Ghana.

Thanks. E'lorr Hotel might be what we'd prefer. Would like an opportunity to have some sight seeing moments since it's our first time. Tried googling it wiothout luck. Will await the number as promised.
Re: In Need Of Advice b4 Embarking on A Family Vacation To Ghana Next Month by spikedcylinder: 3:27pm On Nov 26, 2010
Nicols:

Thanks. E'lorr Hotel might be what we'd prefer. Would like an opportunity to have some sight seeing moments since it's our first time. Tried googling it wiothout luck. Will await the number as promised.

00233209280504. The marketing lady, her name is Constance so you might get to talk to her.
http://elorrcastlelodge.com/
Re: In Need Of Advice b4 Embarking on A Family Vacation To Ghana Next Month by Nicols(m): 4:20pm On Nov 26, 2010
spikedcylinder:

00233209280504. The marketing lady, her name is Constance so you might get to talk to her.
http://elorrcastlelodge.com/

I'm preety cool with this.

Many thanks for your help. You're the best.
Re: In Need Of Advice b4 Embarking on A Family Vacation To Ghana Next Month by Nicols(m): 8:41pm On Jan 12, 2012
@SpikeCylinder,
Got ur msg. We got a nice cab driver who sold another idea to wifey so we found ourselves at another hotel around Matheheko in Accra. Can't remember the name now but it's owned by a nigerian. The good thing about their rooms is that each room has a kitchen where U can make ur own food if U don't like their menu. The've got 24 hour free internet access for all guests too and their fees are also pocket friendly. The journey to Cape coast took almost the whole day but it was worth it. The've got lots of tourist centers their at Cape coast which attracts different people from different continents. The images we saw at Point of no return made us weep for our fore fathers and what they went through in the hands of their slave masters. So painful that my memory card got damaged so I lost some memorable pics. Their palm wine was the sweetest and their coconuts were as good as free. Lodging at Accra wasn't a very good idea because of terrible traffic tha we have to contend with each time we have to go out. The overrall experience was awesome. We decided to return by road cause we planned doing some shoppings at Togo were but we were carried away with the night life at and the nice spots at Lome so we decided to spend extra 3 days there before heading back home.
Re: In Need Of Advice b4 Embarking on A Family Vacation To Ghana Next Month by spikedcylinder: 11:05pm On Feb 09, 2012
Looks like you had loads of fun Nichols. Awesome! smiley
Re: In Need Of Advice b4 Embarking on A Family Vacation To Ghana Next Month by Nobody: 9:47am On Mar 11, 2012
spikedcylinder: Looks like you had loads of fun Nichols. Awesome! smiley

since when did u become a travel agent : /
lol

(1) (Reply)

Obama's Good News For Illegal African Immigrants To The Us / How Much Does Dubai Visa Cost Now / This Is Why You Should Live In A Country That Works(photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.