Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,896 members, 7,821,122 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:37 AM

Advice Needed On Acura MDX 2008 - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Advice Needed On Acura MDX 2008 (4529 Views)

Please Help: Extreme Fuel Consumption On Acura MDX With 2007 With 145,000 Miles / Please Need Advice On ACURA MDX 08 / 09 / Between Lexus 330 And Acura MDX 2008 Which Is Reliable (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advice Needed On Acura MDX 2008 by Deemfit: 1:44pm On May 28, 2019
A friend of mine has owned an Acura MDX 2008 for the past 2 years and it has never given him any problem. I'm now considering buying the same model. I've found some on sale and have gone for inspection but i particularly like the one I found on nairaland (see link below). I've priced the car N1.9m but the seller is insisting on N2.2m. Presently, I want to offer N2m but my question:
Is it worth paying N2m for a Nigerian used Acura MDX 2008?

I know the car is very clean but I'm just wondering whether it's really worth the price. Thanks in advance for your advice.

https://www.nairaland.com/5211278/immaculate-acura-mdx-2008-2.5m

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed On Acura MDX 2008 by nurey(m): 5:14pm On May 28, 2019
That particular model year wasn't known to have gear problem compared to the predecessor but my first check would still be a thorough inspection of the gear and gearing systems.

I doubt if the VCM in that model year too had a factory defect since it's Acura I guess not, most complaints we're associated with Hondas not Acura of same engine and year.

Next is to have it in mind that the Acura was tuned to perform and it does so by utilizing every available chance it gets to burn fuel grin don't expect fuelling her to come cheap.

next is electricals as the luxurious and premium features embedded in this ride could cause our local rewires stroke smiley

2 Likes

Re: Advice Needed On Acura MDX 2008 by hello66: 5:42pm On May 28, 2019
nurey:
That particular model year wasn't known to have gear problem compared to the predecessor but my first check would still be a thorough inspection of the gear and gearing systems.

I doubt if the VCM in that model year too had a factory defect since it's Acura I guess not, most complaints we're associated with Hondas not Acura of same engine and year.

Next is to have it in mind that the Acura was tuned to perform and it does so by utilizing every available chance it gets to burn fuel grin don't expect fuelling her to come cheap.

next is electricals as the luxurious and premium features embedded in this ride could cause our local rewires stroke smiley
end up corn fusing us more.. break down these Grammer, is it a good car or not? angry
Re: Advice Needed On Acura MDX 2008 by nurey(m): 5:49pm On May 28, 2019
hello66:
end up corn fusing us more.. break down these Grammer, is it a good car or not? angry

grin very funny reply. The MDX is a good car, not the most fuel efficient in it's category but an above average vehicle.

I am just letting whoever wishes to buy to inspect properly before making a decision on the specimen at hand.

by the way you and the op are you guys a couple, because the use of "Us" in your statement tilts towards that. smiley

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed On Acura MDX 2008 by Ssabina: 6:47pm On May 28, 2019
More contributions please
Re: Advice Needed On Acura MDX 2008 by HeavenlyBang(m): 7:00pm On May 28, 2019
Bad fuel economy. Terrible fuel economy, in fact.
Has some complex electronics.
Parts can be expensive.
Body parts can be very expensive.
Suspension parts can be very, very expensive.

Very good engine. Great interior quality. Great technology. Good handling, especially when equipped with SH-AWD.
Re: Advice Needed On Acura MDX 2008 by CocoaOla: 10:59am On May 29, 2019
[quoteuthor=Deemfit post=78795147]A friend of mine has owned an Acura MDX 2008 for the past 2 years and it has never given him any problem. I'm now considering buying the same model. I've found some on sale and have gone for inspection but i particularly like the one I found on nairaland (see link below). I've priced the car N1.9m but the seller is insisting on N2.2m. Presently, I want to offer N2m but my question:
Is it worth paying N2m for a Nigerian used Acura MDX 2008?

I know the car is very clean but I'm just wondering whether it's really worth the price. Thanks in advance for your advice.

https://www.nairaland.com/5211278/immaculate-acura-mdx-2008-2.5m

[/quote]

First hand use that has not been abused by inexperienced mechanic is Very reliable !

I will give Acura a pass Mark anyday!

Use one for 18 years without any issues Just normal oil and filter maintenance

3 Likes

Re: Advice Needed On Acura MDX 2008 by 9icetoo(m): 7:27pm On May 29, 2019
Good car.
Don't know how well maintained the specimen you want to buy is. Ask the owner what engine oil he has been servicing with. Electrical are sturdy. The shawd is also sturdy. Make sure the one on the specimen is still working else you will have FWD mdx.

If previous owner has been servicing with anything other than 5w-20or 5w-30, stay away from the car. Engine doesn't come cheap.

2 Likes

Re: Advice Needed On Acura MDX 2008 by HOTARIO(m): 10:16pm On Jun 09, 2019
I have owned the 2007 MDX (Sport/Ent/Tech) spec since May 2015. Great car.

Fuel economy is a relative issue. Engine is bigger than most v6 all wheel drives at 3.7l (current models have been dropped to 3.5l), and review at release puts it ahead of cars in its class (eg. BMW X5) in fuel economy (www.edmunds.com). If you are moving up from a 4 cylinder engine then you may need some time to adjust.

If all is well with the particular car you are buying then you will be fine.

When you have maintenance apart from very basic oil change, make out time to go to Oyingbo and find Muri's yard.

That said, I'm definitely getting another Acura MDX when I let this one go.

2 Likes

Re: Advice Needed On Acura MDX 2008 by walkbylight(m): 4:31pm On Oct 24, 2020
thanks I I am also looking to buy an mdx..like 2008-2009, do you guys have an mdx club WhatsApp? I want to join.
my number is zero 90nine3266680 I am in ikeja. you can Ad

Fuel economy is a relative issue. Engine is bigger than most v6 all wheel drives at 3.7l (current models have been dropped to 3.5l), and review at release puts it ahead of cars in its class (eg. BMW X5) in fuel economy (www.edmunds.com). If you are moving up from a 4 cylinder engine then you may need some time to adjust.

If all is well with the particular car you are buying then you will be fine.

When you have maintenance apart from very basic oil change, make out time to go to Oyingbo and find Muri's yard.

That said, I'm definitely getting another Acura MDX when I let this one go.

[/quote]

(1) (Reply)

Electric Or Manual Carburetor / Toyota Corolla 2011/2012 Users Advise / Toyota Camry 2007 Single Exhaust Conversion To Dual

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.