Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,871 members, 7,824,627 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:46 PM

Lagos, Abuja, Rivers Top In Mobile E-commerce Usage – Study - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Lagos, Abuja, Rivers Top In Mobile E-commerce Usage – Study (7503 Views)

How To Check Radiation Level In Mobile Phone ? / Nigeria Climbs To Third Position In Mobile Malware Attacks In 2018 / Unauthorized Usage Of GSM Boosters Is A Crime - NCC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos, Abuja, Rivers Top In Mobile E-commerce Usage – Study by VillagePipu: 7:59pm On May 28, 2019
mrvitalis:

Lol there is no difference ....commerce is just trading in a large scale ...so trading covers commerce ...

Simply put all commerce is trading but not all trading is commerce

Trading covers commerce indeed. If you don't know, come out straight and say you don't know. Now, let me enlighten you.

Trade is where the ownership of goods or services is transferred from one person to the another in consideration of cash or cash equivalents.

Commerce on the other hand includes all the activities that help in facilitating the exchange of goods and services from the manufacturer or the producer to the ultimate consumers. Majorly the activities are transportation, banking, insurance, advertising, warehousing, etc. that act as an aide in the successful completion of the exchange.

So, my friend, what are the insurance and advertising sectors of the SE like?

3 Likes

Re: Lagos, Abuja, Rivers Top In Mobile E-commerce Usage – Study by mrvitalis(m): 8:01pm On May 28, 2019
VillagePipu:

If you don't know, come out straight and say you don't know. Now, let me enlighten you.

Trade is where the ownership of goods or services is transferred from one person to the another in consideration of cash or cash equivalents.

Commerce on the other hand includes all the activities that help in facilitating the exchange of goods and services from the manufacturer or the producer to the ultimate consumers. Majorly the activities are transportation, banking, insurance, advertising, warehousing, etc. that act as an aide in the successful completion of the exchange.

Dont give me ur own imaginary definition...should i believe u over google ?

Re: Lagos, Abuja, Rivers Top In Mobile E-commerce Usage – Study by Timmypromise(m): 8:03pm On May 28, 2019
mrvitalis:

Did u read the report at all ? This is for online transaction why would u do online transaction when markets sales cheaper and has more option

Hmm........ point
But Does not mean other states don't do online transaction
Re: Lagos, Abuja, Rivers Top In Mobile E-commerce Usage – Study by mrvitalis(m): 8:05pm On May 28, 2019
Timmypromise:

Hmm........ point
But Does not mean other states don't do online transaction
South east are known for buying m selling ...online market is for people who dont have access to market
Re: Lagos, Abuja, Rivers Top In Mobile E-commerce Usage – Study by VillagePipu: 8:07pm On May 28, 2019
mrvitalis:

Dont give me ur own imaginary definition...should i believe u over google ?

https://keydifferences.com/difference-between-trade-and-commerce.html

https://www.quora.com/Whats-the-difference-between-trade-and-commerce

Okay, go and read these links.

Truth is that Igbos have excelled in trading but not commerce. That's why the entire region lags behind in certain indices that feature prominently in commercially strong economies. Tax, insurance, advertising, etc.
Re: Lagos, Abuja, Rivers Top In Mobile E-commerce Usage – Study by mrvitalis(m): 8:09pm On May 28, 2019
VillagePipu:

https://keydifferences.com/difference-between-trade-and-commerce.html

https://www.quora.com/Whats-the-difference-between-trade-and-commerce

Okay, go and read these links.

Truth is that Igbos have excelled in trading but not commerce. That's why the entire region lags behind in certain indices that feature prominently in commercially strong economies. Tax, insurance, advertising, etc.
Lol u are quoting quora for me lol ...those are opinion ...nothing beats a standard definition

Your problem is u failed to understand igbo system of commerce
Its complex at the same time easy to understand

Advertisement is only needed on few occasion n we do it in our own way

Insurance is not really necessary because of unity of purpose

If havard can come to study this system and hope to implement them who are u oga

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos, Abuja, Rivers Top In Mobile E-commerce Usage – Study by Timmypromise(m): 8:09pm On May 28, 2019
mrvitalis:

South east are known for buying m selling ...online market is for people who dont have access to market

Now I understand your point
Southeast is online known buying and selling
While SS,SW, North don't do anything
Re: Lagos, Abuja, Rivers Top In Mobile E-commerce Usage – Study by VillagePipu: 8:12pm On May 28, 2019
mrvitalis:

Lol u are quoting quora for me lol ...those are opinion ...nothing beats a standard definition

Was it only Quora I quoted or you didn't see the other link?

Okay, if the SE has excelled in trading AND commerce, how much is the annual turnover of the insurance, advertising and warehousing sectors of the SE?

I'm sure marine insurance alone of Rivers state alone beats the three combined.

SE are mere traders, in commerce na zero.

1 Like

Re: Lagos, Abuja, Rivers Top In Mobile E-commerce Usage – Study by mrvitalis(m): 8:12pm On May 28, 2019
VillagePipu:

Was it only Quora I quoted or you didn't see the other link?

Okay, if the SE has excelled in trading AND commerce, how much is the annual turnover of the insurance, advertising and warehousing sectors of the SE?

I'm sure marine insurance alone of Rivers state alone beats the three combined.

SE are mere traders, in commerce na zero.
Do u know what definition is ?

Quote me a standard definition of commerce let's see
Re: Lagos, Abuja, Rivers Top In Mobile E-commerce Usage – Study by VillagePipu: 8:13pm On May 28, 2019
mrvitalis:

Your problem is u failed to understand igbo system of commerce
Its complex at the same time easy to understand
There is nothing complex in buying and selling. Buy goods, sell goods. Profit and loss, simple bookkeeping.

mrvitalis:
nsurance is not really necessary because of unity of purpose
Unity of purpose in business?
This guy is a comedian.
That's why the greatest risk of Igbo traders is sunken containers. Amplify risk with no sensible plan to cut risk. Unity of purpose? wink

mrvitalis:
f havard can come to study this system and hope to implement them who are u oga
Harvard studies it because Igbo businesses grow like the Chinese bamboo. Fast growth but how long?

Mention a single Igbo business that survived the second generation? How many Okeke and sons have survived the second generation.
Look at Uzoma Dozie, Louis Ojukwu's children and Co.

Igbo businesses don't survive the second generation ownership and that's a hard core fact.
Re: Lagos, Abuja, Rivers Top In Mobile E-commerce Usage – Study by mrvitalis(m): 8:13pm On May 28, 2019
Timmypromise:

Now I understand your point
Southeast is online known buying and selling
While SS,SW, North don't do anything
If u q
Twist my word ur problem
Re: Lagos, Abuja, Rivers Top In Mobile E-commerce Usage – Study by Timmypromise(m): 8:52pm On May 28, 2019
VillagePipu:

There is nothing complex in buying and selling. Buy goods, sell goods. Profit and loss, simple bookkeeping.

Unity of purpose in business?
This guy is a comedian.
That's why the greatest risk of Igbo traders is sunken containers. Amplify risk with no sensible plan to cut risk. Unity of purpose? wink

Harvard studies it because Igbo businesses grow like the Chinese bamboo. Fast growth but how long?

Mention a single Igbo business that survived the second generation? How many Okeke and sons have survived the second generation.

Igbo businesses don't survive the second generation ownership and that's a hard core fact.

Most of their money no clean
Re: Lagos, Abuja, Rivers Top In Mobile E-commerce Usage – Study by BULLIONVAN4(m): 8:53pm On May 28, 2019
Timmypromise:

Have you been to ibadan especially moniya if you want to see container
If Anambra have the largest market then why not on the list
Most atimes, people's acts are no different from illitracy which is the highest disease facing mankind.,it's online buying we're talking about here. WHY WOULD I BUY PHONE FROM JUMIA WHEN ALMOST EVERY CORNERS OF ANAMBRA OR EVEN AN INCH FROM ME ARE MARKETS/PHONE CENTERS BEGGING ME TO PATRONIZE THEM WITH OPTIONS AND MIGHTY DISCOUNTS?
Re: Lagos, Abuja, Rivers Top In Mobile E-commerce Usage – Study by MorufuAtanda: 9:13pm On May 28, 2019
VillagePipu:

My Abakaliki wawa osu brother, wait o, Rivers is now part of Igbo people? Just 2 days ago, Obi was denying Amaechi speaking for Igbo people.

May Amadioha, Eke, Idemili and the other apprentice gods you have in Igboland help you solve the eternal confusion punishing Alaigbo.

My dear Yoruba Muslim brother, Obinna in Rivers hate Obinna in IMO and love our Yoruba Muslims. Masha Allahu! Amin kufayakun!
Re: Lagos, Abuja, Rivers Top In Mobile E-commerce Usage – Study by Litmus: 9:42pm On May 28, 2019
VillagePipu:

Not sure this is proof of poor business model. Rather, like the cause of the fall of British industrial revolution, Igbo businesspersons, with their newly acquired wealth, send their children to study law, medicine and other gentrifying careers. This is likely a general Nigerian business people flaw not just igbos. We are not creating business empires, we shut up shop ones we acquire wealth.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos, Abuja, Rivers Top In Mobile E-commerce Usage – Study by Rubiesangel: 4:42pm On Jun 02, 2019
Lagos has more population and more people are exposed to these online platforms.
Re: Lagos, Abuja, Rivers Top In Mobile E-commerce Usage – Study by tafat: 12:37pm On Jun 03, 2019
these stats are not surprising and no doubt Asian brands like tecno do rule the African phone market.
Re: Lagos, Abuja, Rivers Top In Mobile E-commerce Usage – Study by investigator007: 3:36pm On Jun 03, 2019
Corroro:
Lagos leading in almost everything, jumia be making their cool cash, chrome still the king of browsers, Asian brands like tecno making waves in Africa, all these have one thing in common; MONEY. baba God abeg bless my hustle
lol, no be lie sha. Brands like tecno are really making money in Africa
Re: Lagos, Abuja, Rivers Top In Mobile E-commerce Usage – Study by investigator007: 3:37pm On Jun 03, 2019
tafat:
these stats are not surprising and no doubt Asian brands like tecno do rule the African phone market.
true,could be attributed to how cheap their devices are
Re: Lagos, Abuja, Rivers Top In Mobile E-commerce Usage – Study by investigator007: 5:36pm On Jun 03, 2019
Affordability is really a tool through which most phone brands survive in this country
Re: Lagos, Abuja, Rivers Top In Mobile E-commerce Usage – Study by ddaaxce: 5:46pm On Jun 03, 2019
Not surprising. That's where I make the most sales in my online business. Warri also

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigeria's Active Mobile Telephone Lines Now 105.2 Million / What Is The Difference Between Factory And Chip Unlocked Iphones / Not Eligible To Airtel 4gb For All Phones?, Here's How To Solve It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.