Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,939 members, 7,835,130 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:31 AM

I Want Osaze To Play For Arsenal – Father ! - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / I Want Osaze To Play For Arsenal – Father ! (3416 Views)

Woman Defrauds Osaze Of £70000 / Osaze Warns Keshi To Watch His Back / Osaze's Congratulatory Message To The Super Eagles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Want Osaze To Play For Arsenal – Father ! by wales(m): 6:39am On Sep 28, 2010
Super Eagles forward Osaze Odemwingie’s father would rather his son joined Arsenal for two million pounds than signed to play for Manchester United for 20 million pounds.

Although he is an Arsenal fan, Mr. Odemwingie was forced to pull off his Arsenal shirt to cheer his son when West Bromwich Albion beat the Gunners 3-2 in London on Saturday.

”I‘m a big Arsenal fan, but for this game, I had to apologise to my fellow Gunners that my son‘s team come first,” Odemwingie senior, who watched the game alongside over 100 fans at his public viewing centre in Benin City, told MTN Football.com

”We have reconciled after that game, but there will be no need for that clash of interest again if he signs for Arsenal.

”My son and I spoke a great deal about the game before and after. He even wanted me to be in London for the game, but I could not.

”He also wanted to be sure that the match will be shown live on television in Nigeria because in our village, Urhonigbe, about 45 minutes drive from Benin, a lot of friends and family will also be watching on TV.”

Osaze netted his third goal of the season when he opened the scoring in the 50th minute in front of 60,000-strong crowd at the Emirates.

Strike partner Jerome Thomas set him up brilliantly and all the Nigerian had to do was stab the ball home from the six yards box.

Before then, he had earned his team a penalty after 37 minutes, when he was brought down on his way to goal by a diving Arsenal goalkeeper Manuel Almunia. However Almunia redeemed himself by saving the spot kick.

“When Albion lost the penalty, I was uncomfortable because he worked really hard to get it,” Osaze‘s father revealed to MTNFootball.com.

http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art20100928052890

Re: I Want Osaze To Play For Arsenal – Father ! by Africason(m): 9:03am On Sep 28, 2010
. . . And who wants his a55 at Utd anyway? The impudence! lipsrsealed
Re: I Want Osaze To Play For Arsenal – Father ! by philuyi: 12:54pm On Sep 28, 2010
osaze is a great player, and i see him progresing to another club that knows the worth of players, Not like asenal that does not no the worth of players.
I belive that if man u bid $10 million for him his father will change from asenal to man u because there is noting like the power of money.
Re: I Want Osaze To Play For Arsenal – Father ! by Youngichou(m): 1:35pm On Sep 28, 2010
I love his mode of playing
Re: I Want Osaze To Play For Arsenal – Father ! by donblacky(m): 2:32pm On Sep 28, 2010
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm will he do well in arsenal?
Re: I Want Osaze To Play For Arsenal – Father ! by misterh(m): 3:10pm On Sep 28, 2010
I think the man will change his mind if Man Utd approaches Ozase for that amount.
Re: I Want Osaze To Play For Arsenal – Father ! by EFCC1(m): 3:16pm On Sep 28, 2010
i love the way this guy play cool cool because of him i have started watching their match
Re: I Want Osaze To Play For Arsenal – Father ! by Fynist(m): 3:30pm On Sep 28, 2010
Osas is a quality player.Misused by our national coaches.He is now known at west brom as ST PETER.Only his move came too late.Don't mind his Father.If the money is good,he will throw away his gunner jersey 2 d south.Lol
Re: I Want Osaze To Play For Arsenal – Father ! by mystikal(m): 4:24pm On Sep 28, 2010
Move to a bigger Club? At what age again? Osaze is almost at the twilight of his career.

Good player though!
Re: I Want Osaze To Play For Arsenal – Father ! by Tonyet1(m): 4:29pm On Sep 28, 2010
Fynist:

Osas is a quality player.Misused by our national coaches.He is now known at west brom as ST PETER.Only his move came too late.Don't mind his Father.If the money is good,he will throw away his gunner jersey 2 d south.Lol

, whatever happened to club loyalty. . .av u heard of the maxim: Gunners for Looife! grin grin
Re: I Want Osaze To Play For Arsenal – Father ! by bandely(m): 4:55pm On Sep 28, 2010
Hehehe, funny father, apologizing after dem don sodomize dem lol! grin grin
Re: I Want Osaze To Play For Arsenal – Father ! by doesir(m): 5:43pm On Sep 28, 2010
osaze shld have done what other Eagles did, reduces his age abysmally. he is 30 he cant play for arsenal at that age as a striker.
Re: I Want Osaze To Play For Arsenal – Father ! by Dsense(m): 6:11pm On Sep 28, 2010
He's a good play,i ll talk to Anchelotti make he buy am.Abi una no know who i be grin grin grin
Re: I Want Osaze To Play For Arsenal – Father ! by adexchamp(m): 6:45pm On Sep 28, 2010
Africason:

. . . And who wants his a55 at Utd anyway? The impudence! lipsrsealed

Who tells you Arsenal doesn't know player's worth,why dont you just shut the hell up and face your team and stop talking trash about other clubs, bad belle!!!
Re: I Want Osaze To Play For Arsenal – Father ! by adexchamp(m): 6:49pm On Sep 28, 2010
philuyi:

osaze is a great player, and i see him progresing to another club that knows the worth of players, Not like asenal that does not no the worth of players.
I belive that if man u bid $10 million for him his father will change from asenal to man u because there is noting like the power of money.
Who tells you Arsenal doesn't know player's worth,why dont you just shut the hell up and face your team and stop talking trash about other clubs, bad belle!!!
Re: I Want Osaze To Play For Arsenal – Father ! by upacauto(m): 6:51pm On Sep 28, 2010
osaze shld have done what other Eagles did, reduces his age abysmally. he is 30 he cant play for arsenal at that age as a striker

You wish. He was probably born abroad, where they maintain accurate bio-data. Oyibo go catch am for dat side if im try,  grin grin grin
Re: I Want Osaze To Play For Arsenal – Father ! by matthew80(m): 8:33pm On Sep 28, 2010
Am sure his father would be the first to talk the son down when things turn around and he's placed on a lower weekly payment, lower match bonus and , Then he would wish his son played in Chelsea.
Re: I Want Osaze To Play For Arsenal – Father ! by suedoh2006(m): 9:27pm On Sep 28, 2010
:p
Re: I Want Osaze To Play For Arsenal – Father ! by chelseabmw(m): 6:55am On Sep 29, 2010
;d ;d ;d ;d
Re: I Want Osaze To Play For Arsenal – Father ! by orangemen: 3:46pm On Sep 29, 2010
osaze shld have done what other Eagles did, reduces his age abysmally. he is 30 he cant play for arsenal at that age as a striker.

@doesir,
at what age did sol campbell come to arsenal for his second missionary journey? at what age did wenger buy sylvestr from man u? how old was gallas when he was leaving arsenal?
wenger and his fans are just a confused set of ppl. the only thing that attracts wenger to any player is money. make the player a free agent, and he will come straight and get him. if osaze is up for sale at 100k pounds, wenger will tell u he is the best player in the world.
Re: I Want Osaze To Play For Arsenal – Father ! by lastpage: 10:38pm On Sep 29, 2010
Qrangemen
if osaze is up for sale at 100k pounds, wenger will tell u he is the best player in the world.
Wenger is "first", BUSINESSMAN and after then, A COACH.

As a "Gunner4-Life", Wenger has caused us so much heartache because he puts "making Pounds" for the Club (and himself, as a major shareholder) than winning trophies,
With a Masters Degree in Economics(?), it is no surprise that its only Arsenal, among the EPL clubs, that built a new stadium without going into debt!
He buys "cheap" and sells "high".
Credit to him though but where will the trophies come from?

But for the "brand of football" Arsenal plays, l will still remain a Gunner-till- "l rest in peace"
Re: I Want Osaze To Play For Arsenal – Father ! by Ranoscky(m): 9:20am On Oct 01, 2010
lastpage:

But for the "brand of football" Arsenal plays, l will still remain a Gunner-till- "l rest in peace"

I dey feel you DIE !!! cool

(1) (Reply)

Shooting Stars Disbanded By Oyo Govt Over Mounting Financial Bills / How The English Premier League Is Going To End / The Moment Tyson Fury Licked The Bl00d Of Deontay Wilder

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.