Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,392 members, 7,815,834 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:12 PM

Package For Climbing Mount Everest Cost Between ₦12million And ₦36million(Pics) - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Package For Climbing Mount Everest Cost Between ₦12million And ₦36million(Pics) (2786 Views)

Train Ride From Lagos To Ibadan To Cost Between N3K-N6K / World's Highest Traffic Jam: 11 Climbers Died On Mount Everest In One Week(Pics) / Plane Crashes Into Parked Helicopters Near Mount Everest, Kills 3 (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Package For Climbing Mount Everest Cost Between ₦12million And ₦36million(Pics) by Explorers(m): 5:09am On May 29, 2019
Previous thread:

https://www.nairaland.com/3417802/graveyard-26000ft-stories-frozen-bodies

https://www.nairaland.com/5208899/worlds-highest-traffic-jam-11

Hundreds of people from around the world travel to the Himalayas every year, dreaming of reaching the Everest summit.

They spend weeks getting their gear, adjusting to the altitude and simply waiting for good weather.

Here's what you need to know if you are thinking of climbing Everest.

How much does it cost?

Going to Everest can be more expensive than having a new car or house.

Climbers can pay anything from $35,000(₦12.6million) to more than $100,000(₦36million).

The cost includes $11,000(Around 4million) for the climbing permit from the government of Nepal or Tibet, bottled oxygen and high-altitude gear that includes tents, sleeping bags and boots.

It also covers medical care, food and support from Sherpa guides and bottled oxygen for them, which is mandatory for every foreign climber.

It excludes travelling cost from home country, local transportation, hotel reservation in Nepal, and altitude training.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2019/05/28/asia/how-to-climb-mount-everest/index.html

All photos: @mountaineverstofficial IG.
Lalasticlala, Mynd44

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Package For Climbing Mount Everest Cost Between ₦12million And ₦36million(Pics) by Explorers(m): 5:09am On May 29, 2019
One company, Seven Summit Treks, charges $130,000(₦46.8million) per person for a "VVIP" Mount Everest package that includes a welcome dinner, a stay in a five-star Kathmandu hotel, a private bakery and bar at base camp, private heated kitchen, shower, and toilet tents at base camp, a personal photographer, meals, and unlimited tea and coffee, plus a private helicopter service.

The package doesn't include international flights to and from Nepal, required gear, or tips for the crew.

It can be cheaper to hire a local expedition in Nepal, but that will still cost you around $35,000(₦12.6million).

And then there's the gear you'll need to buy.

Garrett Madison, an Everest guide at Madison Mountaineering, which charges $65,000(₦23.4million) for its standard package, told The Manual that someone who wants to reach the summit of Mount Everest should plan to spend between $6,000(₦2.1million) and $8,000(₦2.8million) on items such as a down suit, sleeping bags, tents, boots, a trekking backpack, and an ice axe, mask and oxygen bottle.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.businessinsider.com/how-much-it-costs-climb-everest-2019-5

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Package For Climbing Mount Everest Cost Between ₦12million And ₦36million(Pics) by Explorers(m): 5:09am On May 29, 2019
When is the best time to climb Everest?

Most mountaineers attempt to ascend the world's tallest peak in May.

There's a brief window of time usually after May 15 when temperatures are warmer and the high-altitude winds known as the jet stream have moved away from the mountains.

It's also right before monsoon season.

Climbers usually try to avoid visiting the Everest region if there's frequent rainfall, as it can make the trail conditions slippery and dangerous.

Having good weather is crucial for climbers.

Remsberg said climbers won't try to seek the summit without the right weather conditions.

Many spent weeks at base camp just waiting without guarantee they'll actually reach it.

Re: Package For Climbing Mount Everest Cost Between ₦12million And ₦36million(Pics) by Explorers(m): 5:10am On May 29, 2019
Where does the trip begin?

Mount Everest sits right at the border between Nepal and Tibet.

There are many possible routes, but the majority of Everest climbers usually choose between two the south route in Nepal and the north route in Tibet.

Most trekking companies operate in Nepal, as climbing in Tibet has become more expensive and more controlled in recent years.

Those climbing on the south route fly into Nepal's capital of Kathmandu, then fly on to the village of Lukla, where travelers begin hiking to the Everest base camp.

1 Like

Re: Package For Climbing Mount Everest Cost Between ₦12million And ₦36million(Pics) by Explorers(m): 5:10am On May 29, 2019
How long does it take to climb Everest?

It takes about two months to climb Mt. Everest(Training).

Gordon Janow, director of programs at Alpine Ascents International, a Seattle-based expedition company, flew a group of 12 climbers to the Himalayas in late March and doesn't expect them to come home until the end of May.

The climbers, along with staff members and Sherpa guides, would spend nearly two weeks hiking to the Everest base camp, which sits at an altitude of around 17,000 feet (5,200 meters).

They would then spend about two weeks adjusting to the altitude and waiting on good weather conditions before continuing for another four days, reaching other camps and finally ascending to the summit.

Most climbers spend months or even years training before even thinking about making it to the mountain.

2 Likes

Re: Package For Climbing Mount Everest Cost Between ₦12million And ₦36million(Pics) by Explorers(m): 5:11am On May 29, 2019
More
Re: Package For Climbing Mount Everest Cost Between ₦12million And ₦36million(Pics) by reccy(m): 5:16am On May 29, 2019
What?? 36 million to die? Is there any special gift or special recognition for climbing the mountain? I mean, does it mean you will not die again?

1 Like

Re: Package For Climbing Mount Everest Cost Between ₦12million And ₦36million(Pics) by Or11: 5:16am On May 29, 2019
When I can climb Olumo rock for 2000 naira and meet a prophet to give me future forecast reading

7 Likes

Re: Package For Climbing Mount Everest Cost Between ₦12million And ₦36million(Pics) by professorval1(m): 5:21am On May 29, 2019
Pay all this money to go suffer?

Oyibo muumu well well!
-
I know say na brokeness make me dey reason like this now. Oluwa answer my call oh

3 Likes

Re: Package For Climbing Mount Everest Cost Between ₦12million And ₦36million(Pics) by qwertygeni: 5:24am On May 29, 2019
And many keep dying in the quest to conquer the highest summit in the world. People using their money to buy death; isn't it?
Re: Package For Climbing Mount Everest Cost Between ₦12million And ₦36million(Pics) by Nna17(m): 5:27am On May 29, 2019
hmmm, adventure that might end one's life,this guys are sha.
Re: Package For Climbing Mount Everest Cost Between ₦12million And ₦36million(Pics) by saheedbadmus(m): 5:42am On May 29, 2019
En when no b say dem swear from me come from village which kind adventure go make me pay from 12-36mill go waka on toP mountain wey b say i no go see diamond dere and probability dey say person fit die..abeg i rather climb OLUMO ROCK with 500# jere dat one self na life time adventure or go climb hill for idanra or even go obudu ranch
Re: Package For Climbing Mount Everest Cost Between ₦12million And ₦36million(Pics) by ValCon888: 5:43am On May 29, 2019
Joshua Awesome is the only Nigerian to have climbed Mount Kilimanjaro
I've never heard of any Nigerian climbing Everest.
If i had the money, I'd do it.

To be the first Nigerian to summit Everest and plant the Nigerian flag.

Climbing that mountain is a test of endurance, mental fortitude and fitness.

Some things are worth dying for.

4 Likes

Re: Package For Climbing Mount Everest Cost Between ₦12million And ₦36million(Pics) by ednut1(m): 5:47am On May 29, 2019
These kind of extreme Risk taking is the main reason the world is developed today. These guy want to taste that feeling of conquering the highest peak in the world and i cant blame them. You can die in your batroom or street too. I would also visit this mountain one dsy but i go stop for camp zero biko snap picture

1 Like

Re: Package For Climbing Mount Everest Cost Between ₦12million And ₦36million(Pics) by Heylius(m): 6:17am On May 29, 2019
Give me da money i go invest am ..go climb mountain Zuma rock snap photo come down dey go house .36m for this buhari world? Una no see me.
Re: Package For Climbing Mount Everest Cost Between ₦12million And ₦36million(Pics) by Oche211(m): 6:18am On May 29, 2019
It's explorer the wicked thread producer. So much money spent for the world's most dangerous adventure. A suicide adventure.
Re: Package For Climbing Mount Everest Cost Between ₦12million And ₦36million(Pics) by Oche211(m): 6:22am On May 29, 2019
ValCon888:

ok. I'll applaud and like your success story when you accomplish that feat.
I've got other areas i dream to conquer too that will also test my endurance and mental fortitude.

1 Like

Re: Package For Climbing Mount Everest Cost Between ₦12million And ₦36million(Pics) by Oche211(m): 6:25am On May 29, 2019
saheedbadmus:
En when no b say dem swear from me come from village which kind adventure go make me pay from 12-36mill go waka on toP mountain wey b say i no go see diamond dere and probability dey say person fit die..abeg i rather climb OLUMO ROCK with 500# jere dat one self na life time adventure or go climb hill for idanra or even go obudu ranch
Lolz...
Oil dey your head.
There are so many adventurous mountains and rocks to climb in Nigeria nd such adventures are in abundance here to last you a whole life time.
Re: Package For Climbing Mount Everest Cost Between ₦12million And ₦36million(Pics) by rawpadgin(m): 6:34am On May 29, 2019
professorval1:
Pay all this money to go suffer?

Oyibo muumu well well!
-
I know say na brokeness make me dey reason like this now. Oluwa answer my call oh
so even if are u richer than dangote, u go use ur hard earned millions take kill urself by urself?
Re: Package For Climbing Mount Everest Cost Between ₦12million And ₦36million(Pics) by Eife(m): 8:25am On May 29, 2019
Just like buying your own death.
Na wa oh

Anyway even if I am to go there it's just to see the place and that's all
I no climb anywhere
Not in this life time
Or until planes can reach the summit
Re: Package For Climbing Mount Everest Cost Between ₦12million And ₦36million(Pics) by ifyalways(f): 8:37am On May 29, 2019
ValCon888:

Not true at all.

I have climbed Kili, i didnt get to the summit though. But i know about two Nigerians who have gotten to the Summit. One is Lebanese Nigerian sha.

4 Likes

Re: Package For Climbing Mount Everest Cost Between ₦12million And ₦36million(Pics) by Realist2: 9:14am On May 29, 2019
Explorer,s post is always educative and mind blowing, but I want ask, is there any reward attached to people that reach the Summit or you're on your own?
Re: Package For Climbing Mount Everest Cost Between ₦12million And ₦36million(Pics) by Explorers(m): 9:53am On May 29, 2019
Realist2:
Explorer,s post is always educative and mind blowing, but I want ask, is there any reward attached to people that reach the Summit or you're on your own?

As a Barcelona, Arsenal, Real Madrid, Liverpool fan, is there any reward?

Most especially fans bottling and stabbing each because of Messi vs CR7. Any reward for them?

When the players themselves are making average ₦50million - ₦100million weekly.

We're different from them, going to the extreme and making history is what they're passionate about.

Ask us(Africans/Nigerians) to make a list of what we desire in life, then ask the white Americans or Europeans to also make their.

Most Nigerians/Africans will write working with NNPC/Shell/Chevron/Mobil, having a house in Lekki/V.I/Maitama, and buying Benz also chopping as many babes as possible.

Most whites will make crazy list like seeing Mars, Moon, Sun, Mariana Trench, edge of the earth and like.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Package For Climbing Mount Everest Cost Between ₦12million And ₦36million(Pics) by Funjosh(m): 10:47am On May 29, 2019
Adventures itself is fun not to mention extreme adventures. I love the life they are leaving though.
Re: Package For Climbing Mount Everest Cost Between ₦12million And ₦36million(Pics) by qualityovenbake(m): 5:12pm On May 29, 2019
Am i Climbing to the gate of Heaven?
Re: Package For Climbing Mount Everest Cost Between ₦12million And ₦36million(Pics) by logan2(m): 6:24pm On May 29, 2019
ValCon888:

one day ,my friend,you will hear that I climbed that Mountain ,the initials of my name are SCC, cool
Re: Package For Climbing Mount Everest Cost Between ₦12million And ₦36million(Pics) by ValCon888: 7:13pm On May 29, 2019
logan2:
one day ,my friend,you will hear that I climbed that Mountain ,the initials of my name are SCC, cool
Many people will not understand this. They think life is all about making money and sleeping with women.
Re: Package For Climbing Mount Everest Cost Between ₦12million And ₦36million(Pics) by logan2(m): 8:32pm On May 29, 2019
ValCon888:

Many people will not understand this. They think life is all about making money and sleeping with women.
they don't understand, I can still remember quit vividly about 15years or so ago in jss1 , I asked my teacher if a black man has ever climbed the mount Everest, he replied , " I'm not sure , but if you choose to climb it,I will know that a Nigerian has finally climbed that Mountain) I swore from that day that I will clim that mountain,wether or not I become the first Nigerian to do so, and today I still have that dream, if it lived so freshly in memory,know that it is just mere time before I climb it .maybe in the next 10years I don't know, but I surely will climb that mountain... And you too my friend you could
Re: Package For Climbing Mount Everest Cost Between ₦12million And ₦36million(Pics) by themmydhayhor(m): 10:33pm On May 29, 2019
qualityovenbake:
Am i Climbing to the gate of Heaven?

Me self dey wonder ooh!
Re: Package For Climbing Mount Everest Cost Between ₦12million And ₦36million(Pics) by cutegentility(m): 11:04pm On May 29, 2019
I'm the only African that climbed that mountain.

Omor e no easy.
Re: Package For Climbing Mount Everest Cost Between ₦12million And ₦36million(Pics) by Ray07(m): 9:18am On May 30, 2019
Nice one explorers . . .

(1) (2) (Reply)

BREAKING: NASA Just Landed On The Mars! Live Updates / Maimuna Anyene Dana Air Crash Victim's Brother still got married today / Pictures Of Ikot Ekpene -aba Road Under Construction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.