Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,867 members, 7,810,299 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:22 AM

World's Highest Traffic Jam: 11 Climbers Died On Mount Everest In One Week(Pics) - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / World's Highest Traffic Jam: 11 Climbers Died On Mount Everest In One Week(Pics) (74133 Views)

World's Highest Infinity Pool Opens On 50th Floor Of Palm Tower In Dubai(Photos) / China Opens World’s Highest Motorway Tunnel / Plane Crashes Into Parked Helicopters Near Mount Everest, Kills 3 (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

World's Highest Traffic Jam: 11 Climbers Died On Mount Everest In One Week(Pics) by Explorers(m): 1:26pm On May 26, 2019
The death toll from a traffic jam of climbers on Mount Everest in the Himalayas, the world’s highest summit, has risen to 10, officials said on Saturday, as a record number of people tried to use a brief window of good weather to make it to the top.

The death toll for the 2019 climbing season on the 29,000-foot mountain currently stands at 17 over all, according to government tallies, the worst in decades, excluding major natural disasters such as avalanches and earthquakes.

Climbers waiting in queues while climbing are sucking up mountaineers' limited oxygen supply and exposing them to the harsher winds for longer.

Pictured:

A line of climbers at 150metres away from the summit waiting to reach the summit of Mount Everest on Wednesday.

The lines appear to have contributed to several deaths.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/05/25/world/asia/everest-death-traffic-jam.html

5 Likes 5 Shares

Re: World's Highest Traffic Jam: 11 Climbers Died On Mount Everest In One Week(Pics) by Explorers(m): 1:27pm On May 26, 2019
The latest casualty on the mountain was identified as Robin Haynes Fisher, 44, of Britain, who died Saturday morning at about 28,215 feet, the authorities said.

Nepal’s tourism ministry issued permits to a record 381 climbers this season, each at a cost of about $11,000(about ₦4million)

In 2018, 346 permits were granted.

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: World's Highest Traffic Jam: 11 Climbers Died On Mount Everest In One Week(Pics) by Explorers(m): 1:27pm On May 26, 2019
An Australian climber is fighting for life after he was found unconscious on Mount Everest around 7000ft where ten climbers have died in nine days.

Four crew members from the Tibet Himalaya Expedition Company brought the unidentified man down part of the mountain Wednesday evening.

Elia Saikaly posted this picture he took while he was on the treacherous mountain on Thursday, a dead body can be seen still tethered dangling from the mountain.

Mr Sakaily wrote: 'This poor human being perched 7000ft above.'

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: World's Highest Traffic Jam: 11 Climbers Died On Mount Everest In One Week(Pics) by Ishilove: 1:38pm On May 26, 2019
Explorers:
Hg
Na overfeeding dey worry dem. What exactly are they looking for in that icy burial ground??

336 Likes 12 Shares

Re: World's Highest Traffic Jam: 11 Climbers Died On Mount Everest In One Week(Pics) by Pearl05(f): 1:38pm On May 26, 2019
Na dem

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: World's Highest Traffic Jam: 11 Climbers Died On Mount Everest In One Week(Pics) by Mizwisdom(f): 1:48pm On May 26, 2019
I know all of them will be White, they are too restless sad

201 Likes 6 Shares

Re: World's Highest Traffic Jam: 11 Climbers Died On Mount Everest In One Week(Pics) by hahn(m): 1:58pm On May 26, 2019
Who send dem message?

170 Likes 7 Shares

Re: World's Highest Traffic Jam: 11 Climbers Died On Mount Everest In One Week(Pics) by Explorers(m): 2:11pm On May 26, 2019
Ishilove:

Na overfeeding dey worry dem. What exactly are they looking for in that icy burial ground??

Na them sabi o.

See the video of a climber, Dr chin dying on the mountain close to the summit.

Guides rescued him, he was taken to camp II and from there flown to the hospital.

Dont know if he's still alive because his condition was critical then.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BwxOi6BBDGY/?igshid=6kwdeu7zsd8a

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: World's Highest Traffic Jam: 11 Climbers Died On Mount Everest In One Week(Pics) by rheether(f): 2:12pm On May 26, 2019
Blacks won't even dare this rubbish.

110 Likes 3 Shares

Re: World's Highest Traffic Jam: 11 Climbers Died On Mount Everest In One Week(Pics) by Ishilove: 2:27pm On May 26, 2019
Explorers:
The latest casualty on the mountain was identified as Robin Haynes Fisher, 44, of Britain, who died Saturday morning at about 28,215 feet, the authorities said.
And the painful thing is the body can't be brought down. It will stay there forever and ever and ever

44 Likes

Re: World's Highest Traffic Jam: 11 Climbers Died On Mount Everest In One Week(Pics) by Wayne4uall(m): 2:49pm On May 26, 2019
I will love to be there Some day

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: World's Highest Traffic Jam: 11 Climbers Died On Mount Everest In One Week(Pics) by MissJoy29(f): 3:14pm On May 26, 2019
Wayne4uall:
I will love to be there Some day
Me too.

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: World's Highest Traffic Jam: 11 Climbers Died On Mount Everest In One Week(Pics) by ositadima1(m): 3:33pm On May 26, 2019
Bucket list things, now he's dead who go check that item for am?

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: World's Highest Traffic Jam: 11 Climbers Died On Mount Everest In One Week(Pics) by MissJoy29(f): 3:42pm On May 26, 2019
Ishilove:

And the painful thing is the body can't be brought down. It will stay there forever and ever and ever
They can be brought down but it's usually very expensive & depends on the height the person died.

53 Likes 1 Share

Re: World's Highest Traffic Jam: 11 Climbers Died On Mount Everest In One Week(Pics) by Explorers(m): 4:17pm On May 26, 2019
MissJoy29:

They can be brought down but it's usually very expensive & depends on the height the person died.

Check the 4th picture(map).

Choppers cant go beyond Camp III.

Of the over 200 bodies on this mountain, 90% lies between Camp IV and the summit. That's the death zone and the most dangerous part(Check 8th picture). Retrieving bodies is impossible here, most of the bodies here were abandoned alive.

73 Likes 3 Shares

Re: World's Highest Traffic Jam: 11 Climbers Died On Mount Everest In One Week(Pics) by Nobody: 4:46pm On May 26, 2019
Brave guys... In Nigeria the highest some guys could climb is a Woman.

264 Likes 14 Shares

Re: World's Highest Traffic Jam: 11 Climbers Died On Mount Everest In One Week(Pics) by egopersonified(f): 5:02pm On May 26, 2019
First World problems. This one no concern us.

43 Likes

Re: World's Highest Traffic Jam: 11 Climbers Died On Mount Everest In One Week(Pics) by Ishilove: 5:07pm On May 26, 2019
MissJoy29:

If a climber dies at a height over 28,000 feet, their body can't be brought down. This man died at 28,515ft.

50 Likes

Re: World's Highest Traffic Jam: 11 Climbers Died On Mount Everest In One Week(Pics) by Ishilove: 5:08pm On May 26, 2019
Explorers:

Of the over 200 bodies on this mountain, 90% lies between Camp IV and the summit. That's the death zone and the most dangerous part(Check 8th picture). Retrieving bodies is impossible here, most of the bodies here were abandoned alive.
Oh, didn't see this.
Re: World's Highest Traffic Jam: 11 Climbers Died On Mount Everest In One Week(Pics) by starbuck(f): 5:14pm On May 26, 2019
This is in the list of black man's problem
Re: World's Highest Traffic Jam: 11 Climbers Died On Mount Everest In One Week(Pics) by MissJoy29(f): 5:22pm On May 26, 2019
Ishilove:

If a climber dies at a height over 28,000 feet, their body can't be brought down. This man died at 28,515ft.
Sorry. My bad. I didn't thoroughly read what you quoted. Had to go back to re-check. And I thought you said "bodies" which meant the bodies on the mountain(reason why I used "they" for them). I didn't know you meant that particular body of Robin Fisher.

You are right. You & Explorers.

39 Likes

Re: World's Highest Traffic Jam: 11 Climbers Died On Mount Everest In One Week(Pics) by akosh005: 5:27pm On May 26, 2019
Will love to climb Mount Everest than climb ontop woman only after i became a Canadian. grin grin grin
Respect to my Man @ Explorer

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: World's Highest Traffic Jam: 11 Climbers Died On Mount Everest In One Week(Pics) by sisisioge: 5:44pm On May 26, 2019
Wow! Bet do the climbers not know this ni? Why would any sane person risk so much for stress! Whew!

3 Likes

Re: World's Highest Traffic Jam: 11 Climbers Died On Mount Everest In One Week(Pics) by Miracle4Sure: 5:46pm On May 26, 2019
Hmmm.
This is serious shocked
Re: World's Highest Traffic Jam: 11 Climbers Died On Mount Everest In One Week(Pics) by kalvoken(m): 7:10pm On May 26, 2019
Hmm

Oyibo people sef
Re: World's Highest Traffic Jam: 11 Climbers Died On Mount Everest In One Week(Pics) by Asquare84(m): 8:39pm On May 26, 2019
Explorers:

Na them sabi o.

See the video of a climber, Dr chin dying on the mountain close to the summit.

Guides rescued him, he was taken to camp II and from there flown to the hospital.

Dont know if he's still alive because his condition was critical then.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BwxOi6BBDGY/?igshid=6kwdeu7zsd8a

Why can't they use oxygen

6 Likes

Re: World's Highest Traffic Jam: 11 Climbers Died On Mount Everest In One Week(Pics) by Asquare84(m): 8:42pm On May 26, 2019
Explorers:

I learnt there body are left in natural frozen condition and do not decompose

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: World's Highest Traffic Jam: 11 Climbers Died On Mount Everest In One Week(Pics) by Explorers(m): 9:28pm On May 26, 2019
Asquare84:

I learnt there body are left in natural frozen condition and do not decompose

Yea, because the temperature averages -19°C in summer and -36°C in winter.

21 Likes

Re: World's Highest Traffic Jam: 11 Climbers Died On Mount Everest In One Week(Pics) by Nobody: 9:35pm On May 26, 2019
U can never find black man there. Even shark attack u wont see blacks

18 Likes

Re: World's Highest Traffic Jam: 11 Climbers Died On Mount Everest In One Week(Pics) by Kakamorufu(m): 11:35pm On May 26, 2019
Dem chop belleful ni.
Wetin I dey find go. ko jor

3 Likes

Re: World's Highest Traffic Jam: 11 Climbers Died On Mount Everest In One Week(Pics) by Nobody: 7:05am On May 27, 2019
Adventure gone wrong

4 Likes

Re: World's Highest Traffic Jam: 11 Climbers Died On Mount Everest In One Week(Pics) by IeatPussy: 7:13am On May 27, 2019
After watching Free SOLO 2018 I knew Whitman don't care about his life until he achieved his purpose of living. They took all this risk to make the world a better place for me and you to explore. Blackman loves his life so much that he thinks he will never die. grin

72 Likes 5 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Pictures Of Awka Anambra State Capital That You Haven't Seen (photos) / Gay Lions Getting Intimate At Kenya's National Park (Photos) / Julius Berger Switches On The Streetlights On The Second Niger Bridge (Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.