Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,778 members, 7,817,214 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:18 AM

NIGCOMSAT, Others To Begin New Paytv, Break DSTV Monopoly - TV/Movies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / NIGCOMSAT, Others To Begin New Paytv, Break DSTV Monopoly (28252 Views)

Paytv Price Hike; A Better Alternative Is Here. / NANS Gives Multi-choice Company Seven Days To Begin Pay-as-you-view Billing Or.. / Much Ado About TSTV- The Epic And Monumental Fail Of Paytv (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NIGCOMSAT, Others To Begin New Paytv, Break DSTV Monopoly by abusurv(m): 9:40am On May 30, 2019
indigene:

You are still living in stone age.
Nigcomsat @42.5 East has been launched since last year, with fabulous channels, news,, high accelerated movies, kids channels,drama.
Watch to 2019
The signals are not stable like that of joy TV always going on and off.Ask any installer in Abuja about this. Am presently tuned to it and am talking from experience
Re: NIGCOMSAT, Others To Begin New Paytv, Break DSTV Monopoly by abusurv(m): 9:40am On May 30, 2019
indigene:

Nigcomsat @42.5 East has been launched since last year, with fabulous channels, news,, high accelerated movies, kids channels,drama.
Watch to 2019
The signals are not stable like that of joy TV always going on and off.Ask any installer in Abuja about this. Am presently tuned to it and am talking from experience.
Re: NIGCOMSAT, Others To Begin New Paytv, Break DSTV Monopoly by abusurv(m): 9:42am On May 30, 2019
The signals are not stable like that of joy TV always going on and off.Ask any installer in Abuja about this. Am presently tuned to it and am talking from experience.
Re: NIGCOMSAT, Others To Begin New Paytv, Break DSTV Monopoly by natureisgood(m): 10:06am On May 30, 2019
Hitv and Tstv soumds familiar?
Corrupt people and thieves everywhere
Re: NIGCOMSAT, Others To Begin New Paytv, Break DSTV Monopoly by Topmaike007(m): 10:17am On May 30, 2019
Nbote:
Una don start... Dat was how U ppl first made noise about startimes and den it turned out to b a gathering of all d NTAs in d world. And den HiTV and TSTV came along and U ppl frustrated dem out of d market. Dis one na Chinese free to air and church channels go full am
you get bad mouth walahi,at least startimes try na their platform we use watch Europa cup yesterday
Re: NIGCOMSAT, Others To Begin New Paytv, Break DSTV Monopoly by superstar1(m): 10:18am On May 30, 2019
Star times has really tried to have survived despite the domineering and aggressive protection of DSTV

1 Like

Re: NIGCOMSAT, Others To Begin New Paytv, Break DSTV Monopoly by smart024(m): 10:46am On May 30, 2019
2mercy:

Read more: https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/nigcomsat-others-to-begin-new-paytv-break-dstv-monopoly.html

Na today...?

So many have come and were frustrated out...

No thanks to our ogas at the top who do collect keepbacks and assist in making sure they leave...
Re: NIGCOMSAT, Others To Begin New Paytv, Break DSTV Monopoly by alwaysvik: 10:47am On May 30, 2019
It cannot work. Nigeria (NIGCOMSAT) is involved.
Re: NIGCOMSAT, Others To Begin New Paytv, Break DSTV Monopoly by kaziblake(f): 11:00am On May 30, 2019
KenOne:

Not true startimes is really good if startimes breaks that premier league monopoly of DSTV then DSTV is dead.

For sports lovers you get to enjoy English championship, French league, German League, Belgian league, Scottish league, Europa league, AFCON in startimes.

Other entertainment channels they have good channels in startimes.

I use startimes dish believe me they're good they also have so many mouth watering offers that DSTV will never give you even if you subcribe for their premium package for 10years.

With startimes you get subcribe for two months and get extra one month free, or you're upgrade to one step up meaning if you're in second bouquet you get upgraded to first bouquet with same subscription.
What?Dont ever compare premium to mere startime channles please
Re: NIGCOMSAT, Others To Begin New Paytv, Break DSTV Monopoly by captianfreeman(m): 11:34am On May 30, 2019
Story undecided na so tstv talk full ground at the end nothing.

1 Like

Re: NIGCOMSAT, Others To Begin New Paytv, Break DSTV Monopoly by willibounce1(m): 11:34am On May 30, 2019
Plenty talk nor dey full basket. We dey wait patiently to see the outcome. Las Las una go collect bribe from dstv and ignore the nigcomsat .

1 Like

Re: NIGCOMSAT, Others To Begin New Paytv, Break DSTV Monopoly by ZackMbaeri: 11:50am On May 30, 2019
Bring back our tstv
Re: NIGCOMSAT, Others To Begin New Paytv, Break DSTV Monopoly by eberem(f): 12:01pm On May 30, 2019
I swear
seuncyber:
Story for the gods
Re: NIGCOMSAT, Others To Begin New Paytv, Break DSTV Monopoly by Henri8: 12:27pm On May 30, 2019
Nbote:
Una don start... Dat was how U ppl first made noise about startimes and den it turned out to b a gathering of all d NTAs in d world. And den HiTV and TSTV came along and U ppl frustrated dem out of d market. Dis one na Chinese free to air and church channels go full am
And one mumu Joytv from Ghana.
Re: NIGCOMSAT, Others To Begin New Paytv, Break DSTV Monopoly by Nobody: 12:36pm On May 30, 2019
odave:
Una don start again o, empty promise don start again o. Na so talk talk una Sabi, hitv and the premature TSTV comes to mind, if u know u know...
i know.
Re: NIGCOMSAT, Others To Begin New Paytv, Break DSTV Monopoly by udemzyudex(m): 12:37pm On May 30, 2019
indigene:

Watch to 2019

Na so.
Re: NIGCOMSAT, Others To Begin New Paytv, Break DSTV Monopoly by Oceannaagent: 1:01pm On May 30, 2019
TheStarsAlign:

We don't need Nostradamus to know the outcome of this escapade. But then, Oceannaagent, I pray to have the kind of resource for this type of investment soon. Pls say Amen for me.
May what you wished for come to pass

2 Likes

Re: NIGCOMSAT, Others To Begin New Paytv, Break DSTV Monopoly by lexyj123(f): 1:36pm On May 30, 2019
You want to set up your CATFISH HATCHERY OR HAVING SOME PROBLEMS, Visit [url]axiomgracefishfarms..com[/url] to know more about catfish hatchery set up, how to combat water challenges, how to battle infections of all kind.
in case your problems / challenges are not addressed, kindly leave comments behind and we shall respond immediately.
catfish market is insatiable and it come with a long value chain.
Re: NIGCOMSAT, Others To Begin New Paytv, Break DSTV Monopoly by luluosas(m): 2:43pm On May 30, 2019
With MyTv free to air, to hell with pay TV
Re: NIGCOMSAT, Others To Begin New Paytv, Break DSTV Monopoly by Tunagee(m): 5:27pm On May 30, 2019
aku626:
If they’d some concrete plans they’d have started before announcing, what good is this awareness? Many have tried needless to mention names here.
The govt is solidly behind the monopoly of DSTV even at the demise of local stations and others.

Exactly

1 Like

Re: NIGCOMSAT, Others To Begin New Paytv, Break DSTV Monopoly by Nobody: 10:17pm On May 31, 2019
abusurv:

To input the satellite transponder frequency is not enough, better stable picture lies in proper azimuth to get strong signal, for instance upon tracking the azimuth, the satellite finder signal must not be less than 45 to 50%,while this is achieved, upon been connected to the satellite receiver, output signal will likely be 70 to 82%.
Other factors can affect satellite signal, like tall building, trees. Check that any of these factors are absent.
Re: NIGCOMSAT, Others To Begin New Paytv, Break DSTV Monopoly by georgee(m): 10:44pm On Jun 01, 2019
Startime
Kwese Tv
TSTV
Pipul TV
Where are they
Re: NIGCOMSAT, Others To Begin New Paytv, Break DSTV Monopoly by Yettyspeaks(f): 8:44pm On Jun 07, 2019
I don't know where they are, however I do know that there is a new a Pay T.v. Service coming to Africa and Nigeria. It's called Choize Digital Broadcast. Their URL is ChoizeTv.com. It has over 8000 Channels and all you need is 100Bpcs Data to stream it. It's HD and 4HD. And they have 3 packages N2550, N5500 & N7,000. Th set up box will be N35000. It should be a blast. Go check out their website at ChoizeTv.com.

GBAM!

georgee:
Startime
Kwese Tv
TSTV
Pipul TV
Where are they

Their headquarters for now is in Washington D.C., but they will soon open up their office in Lagos, Nigeria. Their URL is Www.choizetv.com

1 Like

Re: NIGCOMSAT, Others To Begin New Paytv, Break DSTV Monopoly by georgee(m): 10:28pm On Jun 08, 2019
Yettyspeaks:

I don't know where they are, however I do know that there is a new a Pay T.v. Service coming to Africa and Nigeria. It's called Choize Digital Broadcast. Their URL is ChoizeTv.com. It has over 8000 Channels and all you need is 100Bpcs Data to stream it. It's HD and 4HD. And they have 3 packages N2550, N5500 & N7,000. Th set up box will be N35000. It should be a blast. Go check out their website at ChoizeTv.com.

GBAM!

U mean after i pay 7,000, i will still be buying data to stream. Then what is the 7,000 for

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NIGCOMSAT, Others To Begin New Paytv, Break DSTV Monopoly by Stillyoung5123: 10:10am On Jun 15, 2019
Yettyspeaks:

GBAM!

Please are they on any social media platforms

Re: NIGCOMSAT, Others To Begin New Paytv, Break DSTV Monopoly by Stillyoung5123: 10:10am On Jun 15, 2019
Please are they on any social media platforms?
Thanks
Re: NIGCOMSAT, Others To Begin New Paytv, Break DSTV Monopoly by Yettyspeaks(f): 11:24pm On Jul 01, 2019
The two package are N4000 and N7000. They are coming to Nigeria, I believe in August 2019. Their website is ChoizeTv.com and I believe They now have Social Media Platforms enabled now. I actually watched a trial herein D.C.. I think they are working on the NBC licensure part so that they don't get into the trouble that TSTV or PIPUL tv got into. I actually think it's a great idea.

1 Like

Re: NIGCOMSAT, Others To Begin New Paytv, Break DSTV Monopoly by Yettyspeaks(f): 11:29pm On Jul 01, 2019
georgee:

U mean after i pay 7,000, i will still be buying data to stream. Then what is the 7,000 for

Well the choice (no pun intended) is yours. If you're paying N4000 for that many premium channels, and paying N9-N10,000 for unlimited Wifi/Data (100 Bpcs) in order to get something potentially better than DSTV and you don't think that's a steal, then you the one with the problem because Satellite TV will be resolute in the nearest future and digital technology for tv viewing is the new normal. Choize has no satellite dishes, no wire hangings, no aerial, and if your are minimally tecgy smart, no installers, you just plug your hdmi adapter and watch.
Re: NIGCOMSAT, Others To Begin New Paytv, Break DSTV Monopoly by georgee(m): 8:38pm On Jul 02, 2019
Yettyspeaks:

Well the choice (no pun intended) is yours. If you're paying N4000 for that many premium channels, and paying N9-N10,000 for unlimited Wifi/Data (100 Bpcs) in order to get something potentially better than DSTV and you don't think that's a steal, then you the one with the problem because Satellite TV will be resolute in the nearest future and digital technology for tv viewing is the new normal. Choize has no satellite dishes, no wire hangings, no aerial, and if your are minimally tecgy smart, no installers, you just plug your hdmi adapter and watch.
Anyways, fyi.. I currently use an android box to stream all channels on my smart TV.. I watch all sports, any movie, any shows, Documentaries, cartoons, News, VOD name it. This costs me only 9,500/month. I have been using this since July 2018 . Saying i am the one with problem is a bit offensive and i take exception to that. You guys can't discuss without bein insultive.. Haba
Does your digital TV sell data too and i checked dia website, not too impressed with what i saw. Maybe cos am use to having everything at home. I mean everything

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Big Brother Naija 2019 Holds After Elections And Inaugurations / BBNaija: Why I Decided To Date Nina – Miracle / BBNaija: Nini And Cross Fight

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.