Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,460 members, 7,816,079 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:55 AM

You Are Very Precious - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / You Are Very Precious (194 Views)

Paul Adefarasin Raises Dollars For Emmanuel Precious To Buy Ring For His Fiancée / Pastor Isaac Pada Beats Me - Wife, Precious Pada Denies Missing / The Amazing city of pure Gold, Diamonds and precious stones. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

You Are Very Precious by kpakpandoN(m): 6:47am On May 30, 2019
The abnormal use of a thing is what is referred to as abuse. It is unfortunate that many people abuse themselves in different ways. For example, it is an abnormal use of the body and mind when one works, works and works without taking time to rest, all in a bid to maximize earnings or turnover. If you know how precious you are, you will not burn the candle of your life from both ends. Today, in 1st Corinthians 6:15, the Holy Spirit is asking you whether or not you realise that your body is a part of Christ. In other words, even the body we call ours actually belongs to Jesus Christ. This tells you how precious we are in the sight of the Lord. As children of God, we are so unique! That we are joined to God in one spirit should gladden our hearts and make us shun any form of defilement. No wonder the Psalmist says in Psalm 139:14:
“I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well.”
When we abuse our body, we are actually trampling under our feet a precious pearl the Lord gave to us, not only because we are created in His own image but also because He paid a high price to redeem us from the curse of sin and death. We are even much more precious than the first Adam, for we are bought with a price that cannot be valued.

Our Lord has called us out from darkness into the marvellous light of holiness, prosperity and great deliverance from the power of sin and Satan. We must therefore glorify God in our body and in our spirit man. We are like the beloved wife of a king. The queen does not comport herself in ways that would bring ridicule to the royal family, her husband particularly. Moreover, a queen does not tell lies because she has integrity. Sleeping around is a ridiculous thing to do as a Christian. Even if you are not married to any person, you are joined to Jesus Christ, who is the Husband of the Church. Beloved, do you know you are more valuable to God than angels? The Bible says you will even judge angels (1st Corinthians 6:3)! The fact that God has given you His precious Holy Spirit as a deposit guaranteeing you of things to come should tell you how precious you are to Him (2nd Corinthians 5:5). Even the angels are mystified by this great benevolence of God to us and by the fact that He has set us over the world to come (1st Peter 1:12, Hebrews 2:5-cool. Armed with this knowledge, If I were you, I would jealously guard my salvation, lest I lose my worth and become a castaway (1st Corinthians 9:27).
Written by Pastor E.A. Adeboye.

(1) (Reply)

Open Heavens Daily Devotional 31/05/19 / Child Kidnapped At MFM Recovered / Make Your Calling And Election Sure Part 1

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.