Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,631 members, 7,816,603 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:49 PM

NYSC To Include Date Of Birth On Discharge Certificate To Curb Age Falsification - NYSC (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / NYSC To Include Date Of Birth On Discharge Certificate To Curb Age Falsification (21965 Views)

NYSC Signs MoU To Include Corps Members On NHIS Programme / How To Rectify A Wrong Date Of Birth On WAEC Certificate? / NYSC Discharge Certificate Vs Foreign Corpers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NYSC To Include Date Of Birth On Discharge Certificate To Curb Age Falsification by jeanine0: 12:10pm On May 30, 2019
ki lo de
Re: NYSC To Include Date Of Birth On Discharge Certificate To Curb Age Falsification by Quality20(m): 12:12pm On May 30, 2019
welcome development
Re: NYSC To Include Date Of Birth On Discharge Certificate To Curb Age Falsification by BrokenCock: 12:12pm On May 30, 2019
Hahahahha! Thank God say I no serve for this ndi'fulani regime cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: NYSC To Include Date Of Birth On Discharge Certificate To Curb Age Falsification by nephemmy(m): 12:13pm On May 30, 2019
Naija and shitty stuffs are like 5 and 6..instead they should imploy government to create jobs for Corp members after service year they're saying thrash... undecided
Re: NYSC To Include Date Of Birth On Discharge Certificate To Curb Age Falsification by xrisla(m): 12:17pm On May 30, 2019
Re: NYSC To Include Date Of Birth On Discharge Certificate To Curb Age Falsification by yarimo(m): 12:17pm On May 30, 2019
Mr DG that is not necessary important, the most important thing is make sure NYSC pay 30800 to corpers.
Re: NYSC To Include Date Of Birth On Discharge Certificate To Curb Age Falsification by Maket: 12:21pm On May 30, 2019
Yankiss:
Welcome development. But also know that Nigerians have ported o. The inclusion might not make a serious difference. We will start having cases of lost NYSC certificate and affidavits in lieu. After all our presido hasn't got his WAEC certificate ever since. grin grin grin
after the affidavit, you will tender it to NYSC office for non original one having your years in it. We go catch una one by one grin

2 Likes

Re: NYSC To Include Date Of Birth On Discharge Certificate To Curb Age Falsification by DeRay98(m): 12:22pm On May 30, 2019
Long overdue remedy to forestall a national disgrace.
Before I graduated I was eager to experience nysc but numerous strikes during my time i
School delayed me so that I was eligible for exemption by the time I graduated.
When I showed up during call up I wasn't called up because I was due for exemption as I have never tampered with my age.
But I noticed that during the registration of the penultimate year of schooling, many exemption due students filled in reduced age to enable qualify for service.
Some of such people are in politics now and claiming false ages to stay relevant.
May God have on this country. sad

2 Likes

Re: NYSC To Include Date Of Birth On Discharge Certificate To Curb Age Falsification by Nobody: 12:22pm On May 30, 2019
I’m still 16!!!!!
Re: NYSC To Include Date Of Birth On Discharge Certificate To Curb Age Falsification by Nobody: 12:22pm On May 30, 2019
ladiesreject:
The struggle is real.

If you like write it on our degree certificates, we will always find a way.

The leaders of this country brought us into this mess in the first place, now they want to back out? Never!

Even the president of this country falsified his age. I mean, how can Buhari be 76? Buhari should be in his mid to late 80s.

The only time I will start using my real age is when I get a job, but until that happens, I'll keep reducing it by two years every year.

I doubt Buhari falisfied his age

What probably happened is simple...most Nigerians of his generation used estimated ages...as many of them were born to households that were illiterate, and probably had no means of recording ages.

Even my materal grandfather...when he died some twenty years ago...na estimated age we use.(He was 86...could have been as old as 90).

Some of us have parents who know their ages either because 'that is what I was told or 'Someone wrote it down for my father'. Now I am sure they are telling the truth, but if they were to try and defend it in court....

Up till today, many Nigerians don't have a birth certificate.

1 Like

Re: NYSC To Include Date Of Birth On Discharge Certificate To Curb Age Falsification by Junkie1: 12:22pm On May 30, 2019
ladiesreject:
The struggle is real.

The leaders of this country brought us into this mess in the first place, now they want to back out? Never!

Even the president of this country falsified his age. I mean, how can Buhari be 76? Buhari should be in his mid to late 80s.

The only time I will start using my real age is when I get a job, but until that happens, I'll keep reducing it by two years every year.

SENSE WEE NOT KEE YOU THERE NIGGA.. WE WEE GIVE THEM HOWEVER THEY WANT IT I'VE BEEN 21 FOR LIKE 2 YEARS NOW MYSELF
Re: NYSC To Include Date Of Birth On Discharge Certificate To Curb Age Falsification by christay(m): 12:25pm On May 30, 2019
Choose your destination we will take you there in style and comfort..... we stand to help you create great moments.

#vacationgoals #traveldreams #tourism #tour packages #visa assistance #cheap flight deals #hotel reservation...... #Tourconcepts.

Note: We do not process working visa.

Address: 36A, Acme road, 3rd floor, off agidingbi road, ikeja-lagos.

Tell: 08033050835, 08026440894, 08033172485.

Email: info@tourconcepts.net
Re: NYSC To Include Date Of Birth On Discharge Certificate To Curb Age Falsification by ATTAH012(m): 12:27pm On May 30, 2019
High-services, looking 4 a way to become army chief of staff, rubbish!
Re: NYSC To Include Date Of Birth On Discharge Certificate To Curb Age Falsification by Branzy(m): 12:28pm On May 30, 2019
increase our alawee
Re: NYSC To Include Date Of Birth On Discharge Certificate To Curb Age Falsification by Geesaintagape: 12:31pm On May 30, 2019
Leaving a burning house to chase rat grin

1 Like

Re: NYSC To Include Date Of Birth On Discharge Certificate To Curb Age Falsification by Kobicove(m): 12:46pm On May 30, 2019
ladiesreject:
The struggle is real.

If you keep reducing it by 2 years you will soon get to negative age cheesy
Re: NYSC To Include Date Of Birth On Discharge Certificate To Curb Age Falsification by Yankiss(m): 12:48pm On May 30, 2019
Maket:
after the affidavit, you will tender it to NYSC office for non original one having your years in it. We go catch una one by one grin
Catch una starting with you? I have no business with age cheat. I am only making general reference to a likelihood occurrence.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: NYSC To Include Date Of Birth On Discharge Certificate To Curb Age Falsification by NamelessOGBENI(m): 12:49pm On May 30, 2019
noble71:
grin Thank God I don serve finish before this one enter.
Yours will soon be needed for an upgrade.

Just wait and see..
Re: NYSC To Include Date Of Birth On Discharge Certificate To Curb Age Falsification by hybridblood07(m): 12:51pm On May 30, 2019
Buhari is 76 years.... Believe it or not
ladiesreject:
The struggle is real.

Re: NYSC To Include Date Of Birth On Discharge Certificate To Curb Age Falsification by Nobody: 12:51pm On May 30, 2019
Kobicove:

If you keep reducing it by 2 years you will soon get to negative age cheesy

Lol
Nah
Before then, I must have gotten a job
Re: NYSC To Include Date Of Birth On Discharge Certificate To Curb Age Falsification by bedfordng(m): 12:52pm On May 30, 2019
just when minimum wage is eyeing 30k, they surely want to restrict some from getting it.

they are looking for ways to prevent too much spending of 30k alawi for real corp members . the struggle is real.

1 Like

Re: NYSC To Include Date Of Birth On Discharge Certificate To Curb Age Falsification by martineverest(m): 12:53pm On May 30, 2019
just look at above comments...it shows how far Nigerians have gone in age falsification
Re: NYSC To Include Date Of Birth On Discharge Certificate To Curb Age Falsification by hybridblood07(m): 12:55pm On May 30, 2019
The way some Regular officers think at times ehn makes me want to issue them slap. I can proudly say he also faked his age before joining Academy
titiloyeblog:
@titiloyeblog.com

In a bid to checkmate age falsification by graduates, the National Youth Service Corps says it has decided to henceforth include the date of birth of Corps members on discharge certificates.

The NYSC Director-General, Brig Shuaibu Ibrahim, who made this known when he spoke at the 2019 Batch B pre-mobilisation workshop which held in Abuja, said the measure was particularly designed to checkmate the habit of some institutions presenting over-aged graduates for the mandatory post-graduation scheme.

Source: https://www.titiloyeblog.com/2019/05/nysc-to-checkmate-age-falsification-by.html

Re: NYSC To Include Date Of Birth On Discharge Certificate To Curb Age Falsification by whysquare4real(m): 1:04pm On May 30, 2019
ladiesreject:
The struggle is real.

hahahaha. u are too funny. Me I wonder what happens to those girls that used to display their NYSC cert while posing for pix! Nah to take style hide the DOB be that.
Re: NYSC To Include Date Of Birth On Discharge Certificate To Curb Age Falsification by Wazirinjos12(m): 1:05pm On May 30, 2019
Most of graduates who indulge in false declaration of age are products of both ASUU and internal strike. The DG should take note of this
Re: NYSC To Include Date Of Birth On Discharge Certificate To Curb Age Falsification by beclosetome: 1:10pm On May 30, 2019
ladiesreject:
The struggle is real.

you are funny , i wan laf die
Re: NYSC To Include Date Of Birth On Discharge Certificate To Curb Age Falsification by united442(m): 1:16pm On May 30, 2019
bedfordng:
just when minimum wage is eyeing 30k, they surely want to restrict some from getting it.

they are looking for ways to prevent too much spending of 30k alawi for real corp members . the struggle is real.

ahahahahahahaha....i tell uuuugrin
Re: NYSC To Include Date Of Birth On Discharge Certificate To Curb Age Falsification by Tchange1(m): 1:16pm On May 30, 2019
A wise man once said that Nigeria is the only country in the world where a machine developed to catch crooks, criminals & etc. gets stolen
Re: NYSC To Include Date Of Birth On Discharge Certificate To Curb Age Falsification by beclosetome: 1:17pm On May 30, 2019
Oya have these tips now on how beat this trash.

1. Before your child writes Junior Waec, reduce his or age by 2 or 3 age.

2. If you forgot to do so, during SSCE, reduce by 3 or 4 years depending on the age of the child.

since NYSC has learn how perch without target, then we will shoot without target......

1 Like

Re: NYSC To Include Date Of Birth On Discharge Certificate To Curb Age Falsification by Haywhyluv: 1:19pm On May 30, 2019
This people funny gan. Thank God I don serve finish grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Prospective Corper Gives Birth To A Baby Girl In Oyo (Photos) / NYSC Requirements: WAEC/GCE? / NYSC Announces 2017 Batch A Stream II Orientation Course Date

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.