Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,282 members, 7,818,957 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:53 AM

Goodluck Jonathan Finally Ruined His Campaign - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Goodluck Jonathan Finally Ruined His Campaign (2056 Views)

Goodluck Jonathan Finally Reacts To Arms Deal / In Losing Power, Goodluck Jonathan Finally Finds Himself-olusegun Adeniyi / Photo: Amaechi Takes His Campaign The Street After He Was Attacked At Obia Kpor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Goodluck Jonathan Finally Ruined His Campaign by Obiagu1(m): 2:19pm On Sep 28, 2010
By trying to halt the Igbo summit at Owerri, Imo State and locking the attendees out, President Jonathan has finally killed the hope he has for South East vote. With reports that Ojukwu favours IBB, now GEJ has turned the rest of Igbo political heavy weights including Alex Ekwueme against his political ambition, what a silly thing to do. Those that had supported GEJ will now have a change of mind, this just helped unite folks.

With the likes of Dr. Alex Ekwueme, Senator Ken Nnamani, Professor Chukwuma Soludo, Archbishop Maxwell Anikwenwa of the Anglican Province on the Niger, Senator Ben Obi, Chief Jim Nwobodo, Professor George Obiozor, Professor A.B.C. Nwosu, Rtd AVM Canice Umenwaliri, Rtd AVM Luku Ochulor, Prince B.B. Apugu, Prof. Mrs. Chinwe Obaji, Chief Dubem Onyia, Dr. Chris Ngige, Chief Achike Udenwa, Dr. Sam Egwu, Dr. Udenta O. Udenta and former Speaker House of Representatives, Chief Agunwa Anaekwe embarrased, I think President Jonathan’s campaign CANNOT start off again in the East; It’s all over.

Well I’m glad they remained steadfast and concluded their summit with the following resolutions.

1. The conveners of the conference condemn the attempt made to abort it, frown at this creeping culture of arbitrariness and impunity, and warn that Nigeria’s democracy is under grave threat if this kind of undemocratic and intolerant attitude is not reined in quickly.

2. Conveners of the conference have also resolved to bring the current unsavoury situation to the attention of the relevant Nigerian authorities, and all regional and international organizations Nigeria belongs to (ECOWAS, AU, UN, etc). The conveners have also resolved to draw the attention of the major diplomatic missions in Nigeria to this development, as well as the international agencies supporting Nigeria’s democratic transition.

3. The conveners of the conference have also resolved that the Igbo 2015 presidency project is nonnegotiable and maintain that the equality of the zones must be achieved through the creation of a sixth state in the South East under special constitutional regime as was done in the case of the Doctrine of Necessity that elevated Vice President Goodluck Jonathan to the position of Acting President and as may be accomplished given the INEC’s request for extension of time to conduct the 2011 general elections.

4. The conveners of the conference also resolved that Political Action Committees be set up in all Igbo states, local governments and wards that will educate our people, popularize Igbo political emancipation and survival ideas and drive the key agendas captured in resolution 3 above.

5. The conveners of the conference further call on Ndigbo to seize the opportunity provided by the upcoming voters registration exercise to ensure that over 20 million Igbo voters are registered. The achievement of this objective will be a clear message that a demographic majority in Nigeria will never be reduced to a political minority. Not ever.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Finally Ruined His Campaign by Obiagu1(m): 2:37pm On Sep 28, 2010
Any Igboman that campaigns or cast a vote for GEJ will be the greatest f.ool ever. Any wise Igbo should read the handwriting on the wall.

He started off by reducing the number of Igbos in his administration from the number he met at the start of his Presidency, now he locked out folks that wanted to have a summit. I can’t take this for sure, never.

What next? Drive folks out of their homes?
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Finally Ruined His Campaign by deor03(m): 2:54pm On Sep 28, 2010
Joker !

When will people realize that the fact that your kinsmen are in Power does NOT affect your individual life.

angry angry angry
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Finally Ruined His Campaign by chyz(m): 2:56pm On Sep 28, 2010
Even though it was the Imo government that did the deeed not GEJ, He has no choice but now to come out publicly and address this issue and the now internationally reported issue of the kidnapped primary school children in Aba.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Finally Ruined His Campaign by Obiagu1(m): 3:01pm On Sep 28, 2010
chyz, are you a f.ool? When OBJ used Chris Uba to burn down Awka government house, who didn’t know it was OBJ? Even market women knew and urged everyone not to react to avoid declaration of state of emergency in Anambra state which was the aim. Open your eyes!
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Finally Ruined His Campaign by chyz(m): 3:06pm On Sep 28, 2010
Obiagu1:

chyz, are you a f.ool? When OBJ used Chris Uba to burn down Awka government house, who didn’t know it was OBJ? Even market women knew and urged everyone not to react to avoid declaration of state of emergency in Anambra state which was the aim. Open your eyes!

So what you are saying is that GEJ would cause such a move that he knew might screw up his chances in becoming president? Does that make sense to you?
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Finally Ruined His Campaign by Nobody: 3:10pm On Sep 28, 2010
GEJ is worse than a dictator
he is insecure and immature
he is more vicious than ABACHA
these were the sort of things that happened during ABACHAs regime
Thank God he will be disgraced out of office soon
NONSENSE!!!!
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Finally Ruined His Campaign by monkeyleg: 3:13pm On Sep 28, 2010
Lets not be hasty to judge, we all know that Ohakim is not well. GJ should publicly condemn what happened, and move on.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Finally Ruined His Campaign by Nobody: 3:13pm On Sep 28, 2010
deor03:

Joker !

When will people realize that the fact that your kinsmen are in Power does NOT affect your individual life.

angry angry angry
You are right. The only thing that PDP has achieved in Nigeria is the sowing of ethnic discord.

Let us VOTE PDP out. ANYTHING WILL BE BETTER THAN THE PDP!
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Finally Ruined His Campaign by Obiagu1(m): 3:16pm On Sep 28, 2010
chyz:

So what you are saying is that GEJ would cause such a move that he knew might screw up his chances in becoming president? Does that make sense to you?

He’s in New York and my understanding is that he wanted to halt the summit from holding since he’s not around and to prevent the attendees from conspiring against him since he banked so much on SE vote, then return home and appease them through any means.

Unfortunately for him, with the caliber of people there, security operatives could not entirely prevent them from holding the meeting which was held in the open. So I see it as a move turned sour.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Finally Ruined His Campaign by emyworld: 3:17pm On Sep 28, 2010
who are all these idiots accusing our beloved presido. Go rot in hell. i do not care what u think. you are simply a fool. Nonsense.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Finally Ruined His Campaign by bawomolo(m): 3:18pm On Sep 28, 2010
jabbok:

You are right. The only thing that PDP has achieved in Nigeria is the sowing of ethnic discord.

Let us VOTE PDP out. ANYTHING WILL BE BETTER THAN THE PDP!

the OP seems more concerned about the amount of igbos in GEJ's administration than GEJ's policies in itself.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Finally Ruined His Campaign by chyz(m): 3:29pm On Sep 28, 2010
Obiagu1:

He’s in New York and my understanding is that he wanted to halt the summit from holding since he’s not around and to prevent the attendees from conspiring against him since he banked so much on SE vote, then return home and appease them through any means.

Unfortunately for him, with the caliber of people there, security operatives could not entirely prevent them from holding the meeting which was held in the open. So I see it as a move turned sour.

But you got to look at it this way, even if he was at home its not like he would have attended the meeting himself so it wouldn't make any difference. So that couldnt be it. for all we know ohakim could have planned to do this with IBB knowing that the act will go against GEJ's chances; However, He needs to come out as a president and address these issues.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Finally Ruined His Campaign by excanny: 3:29pm On Sep 28, 2010
chyz:

Even though it was the Imo government that did the deeed not GEJ, He has no choice but now to come out publicly and address this issue and the now internationally reported issue of the kidnapped primary school children in Aba.

If Ohakim was truly involved in all of this, then this makes his second faux pas, having been linked to a previous shameful act of beating up a cleric.

I'm really begining to lose the respect I have for him as the best performing SE governor. It's sad!
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Finally Ruined His Campaign by chyz(m): 3:34pm On Sep 28, 2010
excanny:

If Ohakim was truly involved in all of this, then this makes his second faux pas, having been linked to a previous shameful act of beating up a cleric.

I'm really begining to lose the respect I have for him as the best performing SE governor. It's sad!

I'm not even going to lie, Imo is a nice state. He's fixed it up and everything but his actions have got to go. If he not ready to respect the citizens of the state then he's gotta go.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Finally Ruined His Campaign by Obiagu1(m): 3:35pm On Sep 28, 2010
bawomolo:

the OP seems more concerned about the amount of igbos in GEJ's administration than GEJ's policies in itself.

No I’m not. I don’t really care much about the number of Igbos there but knowing the antecedent of Jonathan’s people I have to be alert and every move counts. What I want done in this country is even more thorough and controversial than you’ll ever imagine, what you want cannot be anything beyond superficial.

By the way, what are Jonathan’s policies?

Jonathan cannot achieve what I want because he does not have balls and he’s very insecure and such people could be evil.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Finally Ruined His Campaign by Obiagu1(m): 3:44pm On Sep 28, 2010
chyz:

But you got to look at it this way, even if he was at home its not like he would have attended the meeting himself so it wouldn't make any difference. So that couldnt be it. for all we know ohakim could have planned to do this with IBB knowing that the act will go against GEJ's chances; However, He needs to come out as a president and address these issues.

Who does Ohakim support? I think Ohakim needs to save his a.s.s so he has to support the incumbent.

If GEJ was around, he could have focused on the summit and find a way to manipulate it but it coincided with the UN assembly, so he had to focus on the UN instead. So the only option he had was to disrupt it till he returns. This is what I feel.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Finally Ruined His Campaign by chyz(m): 3:59pm On Sep 28, 2010
Obiagu1:

Who does Ohakim support? I think Ohakim needs to save his a.s.s so he has to support the incumbent.

If GEJ was around, he could have focused on the summit and find a way to manipulate it but it coincided with the UN assembly, so he had to focus on the UN instead. So the only option he had was to disrupt it till he returns. This is what I feel.

Only Ohakim knows who he truly supports. Also jonathan like every other president of a "democratic" nation is a  bureaucrat. He has advisors and strategist who make moves for him, he does not need to be in the country to have whatever he was to happen carried out. All he has to to is give the OK. It would be a different story if it were a security matter.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Finally Ruined His Campaign by Obiagu1(m): 4:07pm On Sep 28, 2010
chyz:

Only Ohakim knows who he truly supports. Also jonathan like every other president of a "democratic" nation is a  bureaucrat. He has advisors and strategist who make moves for him, he does not need to be in the country to have whatever he was to happen carried out. All he has to to is give the OK. It would be a different story if it were a security matter.

Then what will Ohakim benefit personally from disrupting it and to use SSS as well, does he have the power?

It's straightforward.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Finally Ruined His Campaign by chyz(m): 4:13pm On Sep 28, 2010
Obiagu1:

Then what will Ohakim benefit personally from disrupting it and to use SSS as well, does he have the power?

If he is in support of IBB then IBB will reward him if such an action gives presidential candidacy after the primaries and if it doesn't work, what does he have to lose with jonathan since it was announce that ALL SE governors are endorsing GEJ. Thats just politics,we the regulatr guys dont know whats going on behind doors.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Finally Ruined His Campaign by Obiagu1(m): 4:16pm On Sep 28, 2010
You didn't answer my question, does Ohakim have power over SSS to do something that'll hurt his boss, GEJ? If he used thugs, then it will make sense.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Finally Ruined His Campaign by chyz(m): 4:22pm On Sep 28, 2010
Obiagu1:

You didn't answer my question, does Ohakim have power over SSS to do something that'll hurt his boss, GEJ? If he used thugs, then it will make sense.

This statement will answer your question, "Nigeria is a corrupt country".
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Finally Ruined His Campaign by Obiagu1(m): 4:35pm On Sep 28, 2010
chyz:

This statement will answer your question, "Nigeria is a corrupt country".

My friend, Jonathan is the C-in-C and a state governor can’t even control the police not to talk of SSS.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Finally Ruined His Campaign by Obiagu1(m): 4:38pm On Sep 28, 2010
The #4 resolution should be activated immediately to sensitize the people of the need to achieve resolution #3

3. The conveners of the conference have also resolved that the Igbo 2015 presidency project is nonnegotiable

4. The conveners of the conference also resolved that Political Action Committees be set up in all Igbo states, local governments and wards that will educate our people, popularize Igbo political emancipation and survival ideas and drive the key agendas captured in resolution 3 above.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Finally Ruined His Campaign by chyz(m): 5:02pm On Sep 28, 2010
Obiagu1:

The #4 resolution should be activated immediately to sensitize the people of the need to achieve resolution #3

3. The conveners of the conference have also resolved that the Igbo 2015 presidency project is nonnegotiable

For #3. Igbos are the only ones who are responsible for their presidency noone is obligated to give the Igbo presidency they must unite and chose one consensus candidate regardless of their political affiliations and all igbos should be encourage to support him/her.

For #4. Thats a really good idea but who are going to be the ones to do so as far as setting those projects up? they are just being repetitive with no actions.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Finally Ruined His Campaign by Tittos: 11:58pm On Sep 28, 2010
just heard on silverbird news GEJ has officially dissociated himself from the move.some say it was Ohakim and his Ebonyi counterpart that orchestrated the move because they were not invited while their political enemies were invited,yet their names were in the list of guests,
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Finally Ruined His Campaign by Nobody: 12:14am On Sep 29, 2010
Tittos:

just heard on silverbird news GEJ has officially dissociated himself from the move.some say it was Ohakim and his Ebonyi counterpart that orchestrated the move because they were not invited while their political enemies were invited,yet their names were in the list of guests,

When the Governor of a State give's an order to State Police Commissioners, they usually get clearance from the Inspector General of Police.

And to stop a high powered members of society as this, clearance will come from as high the chain of command as possible.

Jonathan Goodluck may not be aware but there is high chance this action has the backing of the Presidency.

Jonathan Goodluck has hired a common thug as his Chief of Staff (Mike Oghiadomhe) and untill he sacks his chief of Staff you will continue to see not very sensible and uncout moves like this one.

The Igbo elders should move their meeting to Anambra, nobody will stop them in Awka or if they want to make a political caricature of the Presidency and highlight the significance of this issue, they should relocate this summit to NRI (Anambra State) the ancestral home of Ndigbo
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Finally Ruined His Campaign by Obiagu1(m): 12:34am On Sep 29, 2010
^^^

No one can lock out a former Vice President if he didn't have an explicit order from the President.
President Goodluck Jonathan was 100% involved. He was fighting for his political survival, having being tipped that the summit was against his interest, unfortunately, it was even a terrible move in my opinion.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Finally Ruined His Campaign by supereagle(m): 6:11am On Sep 29, 2010
The masses in SE will vote massively for GEJ come 2011. Go to News stands and hear what they say about him.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Finally Ruined His Campaign by semid4lyfe(m): 7:28am On Sep 29, 2010
supereagle:

The masses in SE will vote massively for GEJ come 2011. Go to News stands and hear what they say about him.
Tell them! All these "cyber" political analysts that are not in touch with the reality on the ground sef.

Shioor!
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Finally Ruined His Campaign by Solomon227(m): 8:07am On Sep 29, 2010
Its now an open secret that our amiable president has no hand in this anti-democratic action. The south-east people are solidly behind him and we salute his courage for speaking out against such action.

I personally want to warn Ohakim that he shuldnt repeat this again as this kind of action is only reserved for IBB and his apologists not a confabulation involving well-meaning Nigerians exercising their fundamental freedom of association. Long live Igboland, Long live Nigeria and GOODLUCK ALL D WAY
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Finally Ruined His Campaign by tkb417(m): 8:35am On Sep 29, 2010
With
the likes of Dr. Alex Ekwueme, Senator Ken Nnamani, Professor Chukwuma Soludo, Archbishop Maxwell Anikwenwa of the Anglican Province on the Niger, Senator Ben Obi, Chief Jim Nwobodo, Professor George Obiozor, Professor A.B.C. Nwosu, Rtd AVM Canice Umenwaliri, Rtd AVM Luku Ochulor, Prince B.B. Apugu, Prof. Mrs. Chinwe Obaji, Chief Dubem Onyia, Dr. Chris Ngige, Chief Achike Udenwa, Dr. Sam Egwu, Dr. Udenta O. Udenta and former Speaker House of Representatives, Chief Agunwa Anaekwe embarrased, I think President Jonathan’s campaign CANNOT start off again in the East; It’s all over.
whos biz if they dont wanna vote for GEJ

let them vote for IBB na; no be democracy we dey?

GEJ would win regardless of who they support

(1) (2) (Reply)

"No, Mend is Not Terrorist a Group " - EU. / Aspirants With History Of Defections / Abuja Prostitutes Find New Haven In Nasarawa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.