Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,979 members, 7,821,419 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:43 PM

How I Was Scammed At Onitsha Computer Villa. - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How I Was Scammed At Onitsha Computer Villa. (23794 Views)

Here Is How I Got Scammed Of 320k Yesterday At Computer Village / I Just Got Scammed / A Friend Was Scammed Of N40k + Iphone6 In Computer Village, Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Was Scammed At Onitsha Computer Villa. by logan2(m): 10:27am On May 31, 2019
RemiTinubu:
you where sold copy (as they call it) cheesy

no soul can scam me with a fake phone or laptop

common if you know your onion with hardware specifications you won't fall

those awkward phones comes with inferior hardware naa by mare operating it you'll know grin
their display, camera, lags, etc are always a sell out to their fakeness infact their build quality sef
i don't need to switch the phone on to detect the fakeness grin

I bought my first android when I was 16, and that time was the rise of smartphone ,there so many clones in the market,it will be hard for you to know,I was almost scammed ,but I knew from experience android phones are not .meant to be pressed but touched so I asked the seller to give me an original phone..

I'm very surprised someone (matured graduate) is falling for this trick in 2019

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How I Was Scammed At Onitsha Computer Villa. by bluefilm: 10:29am On May 31, 2019
gypsey:
But why are Nigerians behave in such manners? Everyone in Nigeria wants to scam A fellow Nigerian, were and when will this scamming mentality end?

Also Nigerians Always wants quality on a cheap. If you want quality sometimes you will still get scammed with a Rubbish product.

The idea of No refund, immideately that the product is Crap.

If you buy a mobile phone over here, you have Alteast 14 days to return it if you change your mind or finds any fault with it.

If you buy a pair of shoes, shirt or trousers over here you have 28 days to return them and get a refund.

Nigeria will never ever ever ever get better in the Next 100 years, as long as Nigerians have these Epidemical scam mindset.

You are right.

You Nigerians are fantastically corrupt.

1 Like

Re: How I Was Scammed At Onitsha Computer Villa. by Legolast: 10:31am On May 31, 2019
michealdeco:
you got scammed because you know little about phones

Sorry for that though

That's what you get when you decide to stick to rubbish Infinix and tecno

@bolded

If we no get money to buy iPhone, Samsung and the likes, we shouldn't use phone ni?

The matter is not about phone, it is about OP that couldn't go to well established dealer like slot to buy phone.

2 Likes

Re: How I Was Scammed At Onitsha Computer Villa. by Pinuc: 10:32am On May 31, 2019
It all means you didn't learn from your first experience. Well as per returning the phone, be ready to go there with Army, Air force, Navy and if possible Bakassi Boys for a refund. Good luck.
Re: How I Was Scammed At Onitsha Computer Villa. by Legolast: 10:34am On May 31, 2019
gypsey:
But why are Nigerians behave in such manners? Everyone in Nigeria wants to scam A fellow Nigerian, were and when will this scamming mentality end?

Also Nigerians Always wants quality on a cheap. If you want quality sometimes you will still get scammed with a Rubbish product.

The idea of No refund, immideately that the product is Crap.

If you buy a mobile phone over here, you have Alteast 14 days to return it if you change your mind or finds any fault with it.

If you buy a pair of shoes, shirt or trousers over here you have 28 days to return them and get a refund.

Nigeria will never ever ever ever get better in the Next 100 years, as long as Nigerians have these Epidemical scam mindset.

You don't need to mention Nigerians, it happens everywhere in the world. Americans scam themselves, Indians, Russians, every country does that.
Re: How I Was Scammed At Onitsha Computer Villa. by Nobody: 10:36am On May 31, 2019
bluefilm:

You are right.

You Nigerians are fantastically corrupt.
I know, i am right.

I don't remember making any references to Corruption, when it comes to corruption, even Trump and Putin are both corrupt.

what even makes you think i am a nigerian? Anyway. grin
Re: How I Was Scammed At Onitsha Computer Villa. by Almunjid(m): 10:36am On May 31, 2019
Anambralstson:

Capital of scammers is Ibadan, Oyo state

By the shape of their heads we shall know them.
All the ipob pig Igbos in NL know that u r lying. grin

1 Like

Re: How I Was Scammed At Onitsha Computer Villa. by kernniejay(m): 10:37am On May 31, 2019
RemiTinubu:
you where sold copy (as they call it) cheesy

no soul can scam me with a fake phone or laptop

common if you know your onion with hardware specifications you won't fall

those awkward phones comes with inferior hardware naa by mare operating it you'll know grin
their display, camera, lags, etc are always a sell out to their fakeness infact their build quality sef
i don't need to switch the phone on to detect the fakeness grin
Shooo, RemiTinubu sef they enter street buy phone? shocked
Re: How I Was Scammed At Onitsha Computer Villa. by bluefilm: 10:41am On May 31, 2019
gypsey:
I know, i am right.

I don't remember making any references to Corruption, when it comes to corruption, even Trump and Putin are both corrupt.

what even makes you think i am a nigerian? Anyway. grin

What even makes you think I am referring to you as in you personally?
Re: How I Was Scammed At Onitsha Computer Villa. by Nobody: 10:42am On May 31, 2019
Legolast:

You don't need to mention Nigerians, it happens everywhere in the world. Americans scam themselves, Indians, Russians, every country does that.
Yes, maybe. but it Appears to be worst in Nigeria.

Here in England we don't scam each other, we may steal from each other but not outright daylight scam. grin
There would be no reason for a briton to sell a scrap phone to a fellow Briton or even in America, because the law will eventaually catch up with the culprit.

But in Nigeria even the law, police, lawyers, soldiers, Immigrations and Pastors scams Nigerians grin

1 Like

Re: How I Was Scammed At Onitsha Computer Villa. by Onyeedum(m): 10:43am On May 31, 2019
Nest time use martlines.ng
chichiana:
Greetings to nlanders..here comes the gist and update on my experience buying a brand new phone in one of the notorious ICT plaza in Onitsha...

It all started on friday morning, I summoned courage to get a new phone after loosing one few days ago, all I care to have is a new big phone to serve me well.

Right here in my street, the brand i could wish for is not available and i had to get it from the horses mouth. I set for onitsha.down there everything looks genuine and i was prepared not to be scammed.

I have been scammed at ikeja computer villa by one calabar guy where i went to but a big phone of 90k for 30k.chai greediness choked me then sha..

Right here in onitsha i wondered through the busy shops nd plazas just staring anyhow i like,until i saw one extreme beautiful lady, i felt bitter i couldnt reach her, she was inside a shop with a hansome guy also.

Chai i took a deep breath and caution my though to behave well.. While trying to face my bisiness there, a guy kept on pressing me to check and buy from him, he looks so innocent, i gave in. Requested for tecno k9. We bargained and concluded on 30k .cartoon broken, phone lightly checked nd tested. I trusted him to giving me a nice, there he made some efforts to scam me through carlcare registration but my instint rejected,i set for home, charged phone for complete 8 hrs before it could get filled, while phone was taking time to full charge i was even happy atleast it could read to a strong lasting battery.

But i was very wrong i was played! While setting up the phone i discovered it was draining fast beyond control. I became suspicious of the whole deal. Checking some features in the phone,it somehow different from the k9 i had used. Damn! my enemy had caught me,the phone intentionally drained down in less than 2hrs. (a supposed 3400mah battery) the phone was hanging crying limited space (2gb ram).chai i started sweating i had no clue how to return the phone back as the receip says no refund of money after payment..

I held my self and retired to bed in agony a day after i had to open a thread seeking advice how to return the phone back. I got some tips and decided to get back to them on monday since it was weekend..
Re: How I Was Scammed At Onitsha Computer Villa. by Legolast: 10:50am On May 31, 2019
gypsey:
Yes, maybe. but it Appears to be worst in Nigeria.

Here in England we don't scam each other, we may steal from each other but not outright daylight scam. grin
There would be no reason for a briton to sell a scrap phone to a fellow Briton or even in America, because the law will eventaually catch up with the culprit.

But in Nigeria even the law, police, lawyers, soldiers, Immigrations and Pastors scams Nigerians grin

A Yoruba adage says "you've not been another person's father farm, you said your father's farm is the largest".

I don't support crime, but Nigeria is a learner compare to India. Let's hope for better tomorrow bro

How is Britain?
Re: How I Was Scammed At Onitsha Computer Villa. by bjreal67(m): 10:53am On May 31, 2019
What should we now do about it...

Oh you want to console yourself with the stroking words on Nairaland abi
You know you are scammed why would you subject yourself to the lashing words here..

Well my advise is simple just sell the phone and go use the money as offering or tithe so as for you not to be a continuous victim of scammersss
Re: How I Was Scammed At Onitsha Computer Villa. by 2shure: 10:56am On May 31, 2019
Everythinf is cloned
China tins
Yung zukashov
Re: How I Was Scammed At Onitsha Computer Villa. by prettyjo(f): 10:59am On May 31, 2019
next time just go to shoprite . there are likes of finet,fine brothers and slot
Re: How I Was Scammed At Onitsha Computer Villa. by LordviccoDaGuru(m): 11:00am On May 31, 2019
Am happy it all ended well at last

Next time before you a new phone dial *#06# on the phone the Imei number will show up starting with 35 its a 15digit number. If it don't starts with 35 know that the phone is fake.

2 Likes

Re: How I Was Scammed At Onitsha Computer Villa. by Surebank1: 11:02am On May 31, 2019
Homeboiy:
WELL LET ME NOT BRAG COS I'M INTO PHONES

Emeka of for Plaza hail the day I go buy accessories there

Them bring their format, I turn back tell the guy say bro na Benin city I for come here oo

Maintain if u no wan make I teach u Street

He speak Igbo slangs, I give am Benin pidgin, he rest

benin...?, i wish u come give him warri own

he for kpeme na

lol
Re: How I Was Scammed At Onitsha Computer Villa. by Nobody: 11:23am On May 31, 2019
Legolast:

A Yoruba adage says "you've not been another person's father farm, you said your father's farm is the largest".

I don't support crime, but Nigeria is a learner compare to India. Let's hope for better tomorrow bro

How is Britain?
I didn't quite understand the " Adage" but is does sound interesting. cheesy

I think, indians are on the same level with Nigeria in that aspect. but Should Nigeria continue with crime because the indians are more Criminal than Nigeria.

Yea, we are okay over here the sunshine is out, Cheers! for asking. grin
Re: How I Was Scammed At Onitsha Computer Villa. by Nobody: 11:24am On May 31, 2019
bluefilm:

What even makes you think I am referring to you as in you personally?
point taken.

Cheers! smiley
Re: How I Was Scammed At Onitsha Computer Villa. by frbona: 11:48am On May 31, 2019
logan2:
How do you guys get duped buying phones sef,, in 2019 undecided It baffles me seriously
w dey happen o
Enter Computer village see for your self
Re: How I Was Scammed At Onitsha Computer Villa. by Nobody: 11:48am On May 31, 2019
LordviccoDaGuru:
Am happy it all ended well at last

Next time before you a new phone dial *#06# on the phone the Imei number will show up starting with 35 its a 15digit number. If it don't starts with 35 know that the phone is fake.

You dont get the gist. The imei is there, everything is complete,i got the clue only when the battery and space started acting up
Re: How I Was Scammed At Onitsha Computer Villa. by Bighead9: 11:57am On May 31, 2019
frbona:
[s][/s] This thrash has made sense to you right?
I understand bro.
Keep taking your meds until its time for your brain scans and surgery. You will be fine.
All will be well. Believe

Okay, the thing pain this one.

Re: How I Was Scammed At Onitsha Computer Villa. by Bighead9: 12:00pm On May 31, 2019
chichiana:

Does you comment even worth it, check yourself nairaland has already had bad effect on you, you should quit for now.avoid nairaland for months your common and rational senses will come back, work on ur self.i was once affected, i took a leave for a yr. Dont be a tribal bigot

Oga leave stories, you got scammed by your own Brothers in your own backyard. Shame!!

Re: How I Was Scammed At Onitsha Computer Villa. by frbona: 12:00pm On May 31, 2019
Bighead9:

Okay, the thing pain this one.
wow!!!
Your Dad is so cute!?!?
Mehnnn.
If that's how cute your pop is that means you are one hell of a handsome dude,
Ride on bro

Re: How I Was Scammed At Onitsha Computer Villa. by nwadiuko1(m): 12:05pm On May 31, 2019
if no be slot i no dey buy...... i remeber my experience in St michsels road Aba 4 years ago, nigga sold a faje samsung prime (or something like that) to me when i found out and told him he started giving funny excuses..........
i hooked up with a cousin, scammed him of one blackberry Q10, called him on phone and told him i did it, he dey see me for ST michael steady but he knows we r even
Re: How I Was Scammed At Onitsha Computer Villa. by YoungG12(m): 12:07pm On May 31, 2019
Shibaraba:
Buy from a licenced dealer like slot so that we won't have to frequently comment on threads like this. Slot no fit scam you. Forget the cheap price and stuff. Go for quality and assurance. I learnt the hard way though. When I carry fufu reach house wey I think say na.phone. I just use the soup wey dey house chop am. Come fast for like 3 days. 45k fufu no suppose quick digest
grin grin grin
Re: How I Was Scammed At Onitsha Computer Villa. by DJInfluence: 12:09pm On May 31, 2019
smatt1711:
You get scammed when you are greedy, you need a high phone at a cheaper price,
In this case, not necessarily greedy. The less informed get scammed too. I for one, would have check the software and Hardware there and then before paying. I mean, make your research, know how the phone is supposed to be, how many GB ROM and Internal memory etc. And why would someone buy a non refundable product?
Re: How I Was Scammed At Onitsha Computer Villa. by seejah: 12:18pm On May 31, 2019
Shibaraba:
Buy from a licenced dealer like slot so that we won't have to frequently comment on threads like this. Slot no fit scam you. Forget the cheap price and stuff. Go for quality and assurance. I learnt the hard way though. When I carry fufu reach house wey I think say na.phone. I just use the soup wey dey house chop am. Come fast for like 3 days. 45k fufu no suppose quick digest

This is tooooooo hilarious, as in , the price of the fufu na 45k, what an expensive fufu.
Sorry for your loss though
Re: How I Was Scammed At Onitsha Computer Villa. by Bighead9: 12:31pm On May 31, 2019
MorufuAtanda:

See as una dey hammer bighead9 my Yoruba Muslim brother. The guy will be regretting cracking his dry joke by now. NLders una wicked! grin grin

Trash.
I've always said this, the East is the most unsafe Region in this Country. The occupants of that Region can do anything to make money. Children are not safe in the hands of their parents, parents are not safe in the hands of their Children.

I just dey pitty una Sha.

Re: How I Was Scammed At Onitsha Computer Villa. by Nobody: 12:49pm On May 31, 2019
DJInfluence:
In this case, not necessarily greedy. The less informed get scammed too. I for one, would have check the software and Hardware there and then before paying. I mean, make your research, know how the phone is supposed to be, how many GB ROM and Internal memory etc. And why would someone buy a non refundable product?

Hahahaha. Some people are far from the truth. Checking phone properties and settings. No nah!

Bet me.this phones are cloned. 98% of its original's properties.i guest best way to know its fake is when youll be loading up ur apps and online multi tasking.the fake ram will start to implicate itself and also through the battery life.. All this features you sure cant test them at the shop.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

10 Reasons Why Iphone Beats Android / NIN-SIM Linkage: Unblocking SIM Cards Require Linkage - NCC / WhatsApp Is Back And Working Perfectly Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.