Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,434 members, 7,823,010 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 09:21 PM

Oyo LG Dissolution: Makinde Behaving Like Military Dictator, Says APC - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oyo LG Dissolution: Makinde Behaving Like Military Dictator, Says APC (31028 Views)

Oyo LG Chairmen Defy Makinde, Resume With Heavy Security Backing / Shittu Is A Serial Betrayal And Dictator Says Oyo APC / Oyo LG Election: NSCDC Officer Shoots Teenage Girl Dead In Ibadan (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oyo LG Dissolution: Makinde Behaving Like Military Dictator, Says APC by Meritocracy: 6:24am On May 31, 2019
Like play like play, APC became opposition in Oyo state, their eyes don clear now. Dey go wail till 2027.
Re: Oyo LG Dissolution: Makinde Behaving Like Military Dictator, Says APC by Livefreeordieha(m): 6:25am On May 31, 2019
gistsmill04:
https://nextedition.com.ng/2019/05/30/oyo-lg-dissolution-makinde-behaving-like-military-dictator-says-apc/

The Oyo State Chairman of All Progressives Congress, APC, Akin Oke, has described the dissolution of the local government councils in the state by Gov. Seyi Makinde as dictatorial.

Makinde had on Tuesday ordered the dissolution of the councils via a statement signed by his Chief of Staff, Mr Bisi Ilaka, shortly after he took oath of office.

Oke said that the action was “military-like”, saying that he was shocked by the development.

“We are not in the military era, in the first instance, here is a man who swore to defend the Constitution, a few hours later, acting with impunity, acting in military style dissolving democratic institutions like Local Government Councils.

“The House of Assembly has not been constituted and even the so-called Chief of Staff who signed the statement on behalf of the governor has not been sworn-in.

“This development is a very bad signal, very bad signal for good people, with this administration, we are in for problems, real problems in the state, “he said.
courts judgments not obeyed and corruption fights selective says NIGERIAN WAILERS..
Re: Oyo LG Dissolution: Makinde Behaving Like Military Dictator, Says APC by Burgerlomo: 6:29am On May 31, 2019
lomprico:

He didn't did it? cheesy

Didn't he did it? grin
Re: Oyo LG Dissolution: Makinde Behaving Like Military Dictator, Says APC by Midastorch(m): 6:37am On May 31, 2019
Onlinealaba:
Power is fVking intoxicating..too early to start stepping on toe Mr Makinde

I am a confirmed APC supporter and I tell you if reverse had been the case an APC Gov would have done the same.... These are LG bosses that were not elected... the few that went to poll are selected by state Govs to be there so that they can manipulate them ..... For me on this, Makinde has not erred.... let’s always speak the truth...

3 Likes

Re: Oyo LG Dissolution: Makinde Behaving Like Military Dictator, Says APC by Nukilia: 6:37am On May 31, 2019
Debaiz:
I [s]believe this guy is setting himself up for failure.
In a Nigeria with no proper data for an outsider coming into the government house, anyone rushing to make decisions usually don’t have much to offer.
By the time he sees the real governance(that is different from what he perceives from outside) he will realize that most of the decisions he took in a rush were rash and actually unproductive and counter productive in some cases.
Oyo state for a fact is one of the most complex(if not the most complex) states to govern in the country.
To make the matter worse, his first move is a political move(to settle the power blocks that got him there) rather than people oriented move. Of what importance is this move(legal or illegal) to the people of Oyo state. ZERO.
If you’re quoting to say rubbish I have two things for you cos I can see a slowpoke already displaying his low mental capacity down there.
1. Make sure you’re Oyo indigene staying in Oyo state
2. Even if 1 above applies to you, I don’t open my mentions cos I don’t care[/s].

Stop the cowardice!

Ajisebi Oyo laari, Oyo KO se bi baba eni Lankan...

1 Like

Re: Oyo LG Dissolution: Makinde Behaving Like Military Dictator, Says APC by NigeriaDecides: 6:38am On May 31, 2019
On which toes oga You expect him to work with people he didn't know and not his party loyal members...

Onlinealaba:
Re: Oyo LG Dissolution: Makinde Behaving Like Military Dictator, Says APC by Nukilia: 6:40am On May 31, 2019
Midastorch:

I am a confirmed APC supporter and I tell you if reverse had been the case an APC Gov would have done the same.... These are LG bosses that were not elected... the few that went to poll are selected by state Govs to be there so that they can manipulate them ..... For me on this, Makinde has not erred.... let’s always speak the truth...

You dey mind the broom carriers.... Drastic moves like this is what Nigerians were expecting from APC at the Fed level but we ended up with rubbish ideologies and total disrespect for the rule of law...
Re: Oyo LG Dissolution: Makinde Behaving Like Military Dictator, Says APC by Nukilia: 6:41am On May 31, 2019
seguno2:

Very rubbish.
What did they say when Aregbesola dissolved elected LGA councils in 2011
APC and hypocrisy go well together.

This is an opportunity to get rid of APC completely and save Nigerians from the hands of criminal elements

1 Like

Re: Oyo LG Dissolution: Makinde Behaving Like Military Dictator, Says APC by imam07: 6:42am On May 31, 2019
Onlinealaba:
Why are u people talking like this as if you don't hear incoming apc governor in other states also did the same. Me i be confirm apc in my state and my governor have desolve all local govt council. So why the noise in Oyo state.
Re: Oyo LG Dissolution: Makinde Behaving Like Military Dictator, Says APC by Awoo88: 6:43am On May 31, 2019
These ones don take morning start to dey wail/mourn.
Re: Oyo LG Dissolution: Makinde Behaving Like Military Dictator, Says APC by Rolings: 6:48am On May 31, 2019
funmike83:

Yimu, be decieving yourself,you will disgrace urself out. You better tell those mumu chairmen to leave honourably because their election was only conducted by ajimobi and no body voted for them . No other party participated in the election. So it has to be dissolved. Good move Gsm. Seyi is not a tyrant. He is pples friend. He is not pompous and wicked. Ore mekunu ni. He will succeed by God almighty

Is he the first person yall have called Ore Mekunu and later start abusing? The people of Oyo don't know what they really want and that confusion is what they will use to destroy this government....... Did you notice Ladoja was absent at the inauguration ? The crack has begun and will become wider in days to come as money and positions get shared..... Not forgeting his thugs in NURTW they started killing right after the inauguration at liberty road junction and it has been killing spree since inauguration...... Ore mekunu that won't pay 30000 minimum wage, where is the human face?
Good luck to GSM as he aspire to be one of the worst governor oyo state ever had
Re: Oyo LG Dissolution: Makinde Behaving Like Military Dictator, Says APC by motorola(m): 6:49am On May 31, 2019
Your assumptions are totally wrong, your understanding of governance is absolutely myopic, he has executive orders and that’s what he used, nobody starts government with his enemies at the helm of affairs, even you if it’s you are the governor will do same thing, let’s stop this hypocrisy all in the name of politics, and your delusion about being an Oyo State indigene shows how low your reasoning is
Debaiz:
I believe this guy is setting himself up for failure.

In a Nigeria with no proper data for an outsider coming into the government house, anyone rushing to make decisions usually don’t have much to offer.

By the time he sees the real governance(that is different from what he perceives from outside) he will realize that most of the decisions he took in a rush were rash and actually unproductive and counter productive in some cases.

Oyo state for a fact is one of the most complex(if not the most complex) states to govern in the country.

To make the matter worse, his first move is a political move(to settle the power blocks that got him there) rather than people oriented move. Of what importance is this move(legal or illegal) to the people of Oyo state. ZERO.

If you’re quoting to say rubbish I have two things for you cos I can see a slowpoke already displaying his low mental capacity down there.

1. Make sure you’re Oyo indigene staying in Oyo state

2. Even if 1 above applies to you, I don’t open my mentions cos I don’t care.

1 Like

Re: Oyo LG Dissolution: Makinde Behaving Like Military Dictator, Says APC by hush15: 6:55am On May 31, 2019
Onlinealaba:

if it is APC toes, he can step all he likes, we cool bro. or is it not the APC that doesnt want to share ordinary National Assembly....

1 Like

Re: Oyo LG Dissolution: Makinde Behaving Like Military Dictator, Says APC by posemeke: 7:07am On May 31, 2019
enemyofprogress:
fayemi didn't did anything

Why is you complaining now he say : fayemi didn't did anything, so am ask did he spoke well nor not? Left him now abi na what is ur own, do fatimi didn't did something when worked in d office?

Pls comments your.
Re: Oyo LG Dissolution: Makinde Behaving Like Military Dictator, Says APC by SheikhMuniru(m): 7:07am On May 31, 2019
Ajumobi Was An Anarchy When He Destroyed Fresh FM Plaza Abi Bawo
Re: Oyo LG Dissolution: Makinde Behaving Like Military Dictator, Says APC by JoseRaji(m): 7:16am On May 31, 2019
enemyofprogress:

Wow

Re: Oyo LG Dissolution: Makinde Behaving Like Military Dictator, Says APC by funmike83(f): 7:17am On May 31, 2019
Rolings:

Is he the first person yall have called Ore Mekunu and later start abusing? The people of Oyo don't know what they really want and that confusion is what they will use to destroy this government....... Did you notice Ladoja was absent at the inauguration ? The crack has begun and will become wider in days to come as money and positions get shared..... Not forgeting his thugs in NURTW they started killing right after the inauguration at liberty road junction and it has been killing spree since inauguration...... Ore mekunu that won't pay 30000 minimum wage, where is the human face?
Good luck to GSM as he aspire to be one of the worst governor oyo state ever had
You shoud not say wat you dont know, how do you expect someone to make promises when he doesn't even know how much is left in the govt account orhowmuchdebt ajiribi is owing. We know him as ore mekunu because he has been doing it even before he became a governor. Why is it dificult for buhari to implement the 300,000 minimum wage in d first place, and u want the newly elected to jump at it when there are pending issues that needs to be resolved asap
Sometimes I wonder why some pple are like you ,we're praying for a better and new Nigeria and you're here wishing someone who just assumed office badluck. Point a finger at someone,the remaining 4 points bck at you. You are indirectly praying for yourself not to succeed. Who God blesses no man can curse. Seyi will make Oyo proud

2 Likes

Re: Oyo LG Dissolution: Makinde Behaving Like Military Dictator, Says APC by martineverest(m): 7:27am On May 31, 2019
dayleke:

Fayemi didn't what?!!
fayemi didn't 'did' anything.....lmfao
Re: Oyo LG Dissolution: Makinde Behaving Like Military Dictator, Says APC by Slurity(m): 7:40am On May 31, 2019
lomprico:
You did not say this when fayemi did his.
Lies.
Re: Oyo LG Dissolution: Makinde Behaving Like Military Dictator, Says APC by olowo1995(m): 7:43am On May 31, 2019
lomprico:
You did not say this when fayemi did his.

Fayemi did not dissolve the cabinet
Re: Oyo LG Dissolution: Makinde Behaving Like Military Dictator, Says APC by novenatim(m): 7:44am On May 31, 2019
Bunch of useless politicians amd useless political party, as if their party wouldn't have done the same thing. He should not dissolve them so that the LGA's will be under the control of the opposition. APC should just keep quiet and enjoy the PDP govt in the state cos they had their chance. [center][/center]
Re: Oyo LG Dissolution: Makinde Behaving Like Military Dictator, Says APC by SirBunky85(m): 7:47am On May 31, 2019
lomprico:

He didn't did it? cheesy
why not correct him nah?sarcasm kee u dia
Re: Oyo LG Dissolution: Makinde Behaving Like Military Dictator, Says APC by bilulu(m): 7:51am On May 31, 2019
enemyofprogress:
Oshiomole even dissolved an elected LG.....
Re: Oyo LG Dissolution: Makinde Behaving Like Military Dictator, Says APC by aigbokiejohnson(m): 8:04am On May 31, 2019
What becomes of constituted authority. Nigeria worst under the APC, world capital of poverty. Is that an achievement?
Re: Oyo LG Dissolution: Makinde Behaving Like Military Dictator, Says APC by Diaby108(m): 8:09am On May 31, 2019
ogbeni seyi is too early for that,,, yahaya Bello is a case study
Re: Oyo LG Dissolution: Makinde Behaving Like Military Dictator, Says APC by israelmao(m): 8:16am On May 31, 2019
olajizz01:
Guess PDP is more democratic than APC in term of looting and thuggery.

If you know the reign of PDP and Adedibu in Oyo where state allocation is been shared in Adedibu's sitting room and thuggery, murdering was the order of the day,you will remained silent than uttering gibberish.

You have issues with assimilation and you're too hasty in hurling invective.I still stand firm by my word that the degree of impunity being perpetrated by APC-led government is farflung from what was witnessed in PDP era.The vestiges of killings,thuggery in last general elections in Kano,Kaduna,Zamfara,Akwa Ibom,Imo,and other states are still looming large and visible.Are you aware how Buhari flouted some court orders?Never in the history of Nigeria since the birth of democracy has any president or governor issued threat death on international observers but we were all witnesses in the last general elections.I hope you still remember "Body Bag threat"?Talking about looting,we have seen re-looting of looters' loots in massive form in this government,
Re: Oyo LG Dissolution: Makinde Behaving Like Military Dictator, Says APC by Nobody: 8:17am On May 31, 2019
What the guy do is good most Government if they want to leave office Two months they will do local government election to use it to destroy the new government that is coming why is that he did not do it since
Re: Oyo LG Dissolution: Makinde Behaving Like Military Dictator, Says APC by yesloaded: 8:18am On May 31, 2019
Onlinealaba:
Not stepping on toes, the election was selection. In my local governmnent for example, election did not hold in many wards yet they record figures in favour of the then ruling party. No other party contested and only their party won elections. What do you call that?
Re: Oyo LG Dissolution: Makinde Behaving Like Military Dictator, Says APC by Holysax29(m): 8:20am On May 31, 2019
enemyofprogress:
Why nah?
Re: Oyo LG Dissolution: Makinde Behaving Like Military Dictator, Says APC by yesloaded: 8:20am On May 31, 2019
Rolings:

I don't know why people keep mentioning Ladoja, the fact remains that Baba Ladoja contributed nothing to success of Seyi Makinde. I've lived many years in Oyo state & followed her politics since early 90s

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

AfDB: Why My Detractors Are After Me – Adesina / Akintoye: Awolowo Told Me Yoruba, Igbo Must Work Together For Freedom / Between Shettima And Obi, Who Performed Better As A Governor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.