Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,983 members, 7,825,063 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 03:46 AM

Buhari Declines Assent To Maritime University Bill, One Other - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Declines Assent To Maritime University Bill, One Other (22507 Views)

Buhari Declines Assent To Five More Bills - Thisday Newspaper / President Buhari Declines Assent To NOSDRA Amendment Bill / Buhari Declines Assent To Corporate Manslaughter Bill, 3 Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Declines Assent To Maritime University Bill, One Other by Nobody: 8:47am On Jun 08, 2019
lamby:

The internet is your friend when it comes to making research.
A quick search for okerenghigo on Google leads no where apart from the purported claims of name change by the ijaws.
Another search for okerenkoko leads to numerous results some of which detail clearly how okerenkoko was bombarded by the JTF as I early mentioned but you refuted as being oporoza.

Below are some links for your perusal.

A shell EIA report of 1995 of the area mentioning communities

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://www.shell.com.ng/content/dam/shell-new/local/country/nga/downloads/pdf/jones-creek-eia-report.pdf&ved=2ahUKEwjZjLL2l9niAhXzShUIHWT5AU8QFjAQegQICRAB&usg=AOvVaw3qoE7CC84wCo4HlyWT4Ckx

Go to page 33 of the report

Note that Omadino is the only community owned by itsekiris here. Also note that the itsekiris claim to okerenghigo is an omadino community.
Page 115 points to jerries built by Ompadec at okerenkoko

Books (Oil and Insurgency in Niger Delta) mentioning okerenkoko instead of okerenghigo

https://books.google.com/books/about/Oil_and_Insurgency_in_the_Niger_Delta.html?id=_hVjDgAAQBAJ

https://www.amnesty.org/en/latest/news/2009/05/tens-thousands-caught-crossfire-niger-delta-fighting-20090521/

Tens of thousands caught in crossfire in Niger Delta fighting | Amnesty International
https://www.amnesty.org/en/latest/news/2009/05/tens-thousands-caught-crossfire-niger-delta-fighting-20090521/

NNPC And Floating Mega Stations - :::...The Tide News Online:::...
http://www.thetidenewsonline.com/2011/02/02/nnpc-and-floating-mega-stations/

LawPavilion Electronic Law Report (LPELR) - CHIEF MARTHA UDUSEGBE & ORS. V. SHELL PETROLEUM DEVELOPMENT COMPANY NIGERIA LTD & ORS.
http://www.lawpavilionpersonal.com/lawreportsummary_ca.jsp?suite=olabisi@9thfloor&pk=CA/B/168/2004&apk=47363

Surely if there was a place like okerenghigo before we wont be greeted by such sparse results from a Google search.

Please prove me wrong
It took you more than five days to come up with a reply. It vexes me that even at that, you read my post but you can't comprehend it. You're not only confused but retar.ded at this point. You are just moving about in circles. If you go back to my post, you could see me making a statement that it was in the 90s that Okerenkoko (a fictitious name) came into existence, even gbaramatu as a Kingdom too. This suggests that it was during the 90s crisis. To further buttress my point, you foolishly went to submit links to articles that were published within 1990 - 2019 which suggests I'm 100% correct (Okerenkoko didn't exist until 1990s). Until 1980, according to the Atlas map, there's no place called Okerenkoko, you'll only find Okerenghigo. Are you aware that there's an outstanding court judgement stating the name is Okerenghigo? Don't you think you're a bit foolish for disregarding Atlas map data (which is an authority in the world) for blog posts and books published in 2010? This is the height of it, madness. It's laughable. Please think for yourself.
Re: Buhari Declines Assent To Maritime University Bill, One Other by Alejobs: 1:08pm On Jun 20, 2019
We are the change the world is waiting for....
Re: Buhari Declines Assent To Maritime University Bill, One Other by lamby(m): 1:45am On Jun 28, 2019
Datazone:

It took you more than five days to come up with a reply. It vexes me that even at that, you read my post but you can't comprehend it. You're not only confused but retar.ded at this point. You are just moving about in circles. If you go back to my post, you could see me making a statement that it was in the 90s that Okerenkoko (a fictitious name) came into existence, even gbaramatu as a Kingdom too. This suggests that it was during the 90s crisis. To further buttress my point, you foolishly went to submit links to articles that were published within 1990 - 2019 which suggests I'm 100% correct (Okerenkoko didn't exist until 1990s). Until 1980, according to the Atlas map, there's no place called Okerenkoko, you'll only find Okerenghigo. Are you aware that there's an outstanding court judgement stating the name is Okerenghigo? Don't you think you're a bit foolish for disregarding Atlas map data (which is an authority in the world) for blog posts and books published in 2010? This is the height of it, madness. It's laughable. Please think for yourself.

I replied you after 5days simply means I came back to these thread after 5days. Do not think that every nigerian is jobless and must come to nairaland and wage online wars everyday.
All am asking you to do is to direct me to links on the name okerenghigo before the year 1990 on the internet.

Not a scanned atlas map that can easily be edited with a document editor online.

Am not interested in any court judgements.
Who doesnt know that the itsekiris are masters of manipulating courts to do their biddings. Afterall according to you the ijaws are illiterates and thus can easily be oppressed probably by court manipulations.

Give me historical facts about okerenghigo before 1990 preferably in the 1980s

Say such and such occurred with links on so and so date at okerenghigo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Declines Assent To Maritime University Bill, One Other by Nobody: 7:51am On Jun 28, 2019
lamby:

I replied you after 5days simply means I came back to these thread after 5days. Do not think that every nigerian is jobless and must come to nairaland and wage online wars everyday.
All am asking you to do is to direct me to links on the name okerenghigo before the year 1990 on the internet.

Not a scanned atlas map that can easily be edited with a document editor online.

Am not interested in any court judgements.
Who doesnt know that the itsekiris are masters of manipulating courts to do their biddings. Afterall according to you the ijaws are illiterates and thus can easily be oppressed probably by court manipulations.

Give me historical facts about okerenghigo before 1990 preferably in the 1980s

Say such and such occurred with links on so and so date at okerenghigo

You're not bringing anything logical to the table but rather small talk. I expected a supposed learned person to come with a better proposition rather than "scanned Atlas map has been doctored". I might as well turn the question over and say "show me any proof your fictitious Okerenkoko existed before 1980s". We'll just be moving in circles. It may come as a shock to you but "Okerenkoko" means nothing in Ijaw. I think it'll be beneficial on my part to stop comments on this thread forthwith.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Jos Killings: Plateau Govt Returns Survivors To Ondo / Inspector General Of Police, Chief Of Defense Staff With Service Chiefs / Food Prices Dropping Fast As Buhari's Agric Efforts Yield Fruit.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.