Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,591 members, 7,820,123 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:05 AM

Osinbajo Receives Imam Who Hid 200 Villagers In Mosque - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osinbajo Receives Imam Who Hid 200 Villagers In Mosque (25999 Views)

Osinbajo Receives ₦100m APC Nomination Form. Support Groups Raised Funds For Him / Abubakar Abdullahi: Facts About Imam Who Saved 262 Christians During Attack / Imam Who Saved Birom Christians In Plateau Fulani Killings (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Osinbajo Receives Imam Who Hid 200 Villagers In Mosque by royalamour(m): 9:54am On Jun 01, 2019
echelons:
Just when the US and UK embassies took the initiative to reach out to man, that's when Nigerian Government remembered to cash in on it.
And guess who they sent to do the work? The VP. Where the heck is the president? What really does he do?
Such a shame

He will be sick in the stomach to commend the man.

He's an islamic extremist. A bokoharam mediator.

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Receives Imam Who Hid 200 Villagers In Mosque by Shola1238: 9:54am On Jun 01, 2019
Nice one from him I still say Muslims are more co-operative than we Christian's no offense meant

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Receives Imam Who Hid 200 Villagers In Mosque by Bsmartt(m): 9:55am On Jun 01, 2019
We are proud of you sir.

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Receives Imam Who Hid 200 Villagers In Mosque by Onyi4live(m): 9:56am On Jun 01, 2019
A man with a great heart ❤️
Re: Osinbajo Receives Imam Who Hid 200 Villagers In Mosque by bro4u: 9:57am On Jun 01, 2019
GoTV:

May the holy Spirit forgive you. I'm a born again Christian
Ehm... Don't you think this your born again Christian shit is now getting stale

3 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Receives Imam Who Hid 200 Villagers In Mosque by PapaAdanna: 9:57am On Jun 01, 2019
And him and his lifeless boss are doing nothing about LEAH SHARIBU
Re: Osinbajo Receives Imam Who Hid 200 Villagers In Mosque by Sirjamo: 9:59am On Jun 01, 2019
royalamour:
It is very unfortunate that we are sharing the same country with these Jihadists.

Even the president couldn't hide his fanatical side, he abandoned the country to attend some islamic conference even when he could just send another to represent him.

These killers are Muslims and they are the only problem of Nigeria.

Well, I commend the imam for his humane gesture. He needs to be encouraged.
You are a certified fuul
Re: Osinbajo Receives Imam Who Hid 200 Villagers In Mosque by Gidison: 10:09am On Jun 01, 2019
Dotng:
Osinbajo receives Imam who hid 200 villagers in mosque

An 83-year-old Imam, Abdullahi Abubakar, who hid 200 villagers during attacks on Barkin Ladi Local Government Area of Plateau Stamp te was on Thursday praised for his courageous act.

Abubakar got the commendation from Vice-President Yemi Osinbajo at the Presidential Villa, Abuja.

The VP called him a hero and an example of one who could put their own life at risk to save others.

Recall that on June 23, 2018, bandits attacked communities in Barkin Ladi.

Over 200 of them were said to have found refuge in a mosque in Yelwan Gindi Akwati village, Gashish District, where Abubakar is the Chief Imam.

He had insisted the villagers were his “guests” and prevented the bandits from killing them.

The cleric visited the Villa on Thursday in company with several community leaders and diplomats from the US, UK and the European Union.

The VP said, “I commend you for your wonderful act. Imam Abubakar has demonstrated one of the most courageous acts any man can possibly do by risking his life for those who are not people of his own tribe.”

A statement by the Senior Special Assistant to the President, Mr Laolu Akande, quoted Osinbajo as saying that Nigeria would be a lot better if people would truly love one another and not on the basis of tribe, religion or ethnicity.

“When people have been wronged, it is always easier for people to accept that revenge or vengeance is the right approach. But as you know, vengeance breeds bitterness and hatred and doesn’t solve the problems created, but causes more deaths and harm.”

The Imam, in his remarks, said he was not looking for publicity when he rescued the villagers, but felt that God only used him to save their lives.

The cleric, who spoke through an interpreter, added, “I pleaded with the attackers not to harm my guests. By God’s grace, no one was hurt. Such an incident (the attack) is rare in my community, but I hope such does not happen again.”

Those on the visit with Abubakar were the US Ambassador to Nigeria, Stuart Symington; Deputy Chief of Mission, US Embassy in Nigeria, David Young; an embassy official, Kathleen Fitzgibbon; and the German Ambassador to Nigeria, Bernhard Schlagheck.

https://punchng.com/osinbajo-receives-imam-who-hid-200-villagers-in-mosque/amp/
Rubbish na American Embassy came up with the initiative.. Not osibanjo
Re: Osinbajo Receives Imam Who Hid 200 Villagers In Mosque by Nobody: 10:10am On Jun 01, 2019
GoTV:
sad May God continue to bless the imam for saving innocent lives despite seperate beliefs. We Christians should learn from this imam and be tolerant to people of other faiths especially Muslims. How many pastors will hide non Christians in their churches?. Let's put humanity first before religion. Let's live together in peace and unity
You are just mischievous as your moniker.

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Receives Imam Who Hid 200 Villagers In Mosque by laka2016: 10:10am On Jun 01, 2019
GoTV:
sad May God continue to bless the imam for saving innocent lives despite seperate beliefs. We Christians should learn from this imam and be tolerant to people of other faiths especially Muslims. How many pastors will hide non Christians in their churches?. Let's put humanity first before religion. Let's live together in peace and unity
Sir, I beg to strongly disagree with you on this your summation. Christians are much more tolerant than muslims. And I trust we will find so many Christians not even pastors who would do just like the imam did if such situation present itself. I guess i'ni all we should love ourselves and stop all these bloodletting that benefits nobody.

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Receives Imam Who Hid 200 Villagers In Mosque by Ategberoson(m): 10:18am On Jun 01, 2019
Just2endowed2:

What about the killers that went after the Christians, what are they? Didnt they deserve to get your advise stop killing other faith?

stop wasting your time on that extremist jihadist GoTv, his brain subscription had long expired

he's my tribesman, why he's denying Islam is what I can't fathom

3 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Receives Imam Who Hid 200 Villagers In Mosque by Originalsly: 10:19am On Jun 01, 2019
Hmmm....very nice tone ognize the Iman... but publicly?... not sure. I was expecting to read about a reward N1M for info leading to the arrest of the bandits.... I can bet my life 24 hrs later they can be captured.
Re: Osinbajo Receives Imam Who Hid 200 Villagers In Mosque by Ategberoson(m): 10:20am On Jun 01, 2019
laka2016:

Sir, I beg to strongly disagree with you on this your summation. Christians are much more tolerant than muslims. And I trust we will find so many Christians not even pastors who would do just like the imam did if such situation present itself. I guess i'ni all we should love ourselves and stop all these bloodletting that benefits nobody.

don't waste your time on that guy baby talk. na Muslim guy that's denying his religion despite he's fasting

2 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Receives Imam Who Hid 200 Villagers In Mosque by madridsta007(m): 10:21am On Jun 01, 2019
GoTV:

Stop this silly sentimentalisation.

The reasons why you do not hear about Pastors hiding Muslims in their mosques is very, very simple. Historically, Christian youths are hardly the instigators of these violence. Or have you heard of when, after a Sunday's service, Christian youths go out to chop the heads of Muslims, screaming, "Jesus is Lord" while doing so?

Of course not.

And when they've had the chance of hiding Muslims from being killed by reactionary violence, Pastors have done so. Many, many, many times. I am sure residents in Jos, Kaduna, etc, can affirm this. That they do not publicise it is because they are not supposed to publicise it, according to the instruction from the Bible.

So stop the patronising sentimentalisation.

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Receives Imam Who Hid 200 Villagers In Mosque by kikelomojessy(f): 10:22am On Jun 01, 2019
Yeah. Very courageous and godly man. I attend THE SUN AWARDS in February he was awarded and it really touched me. To be a good person should not be about religion but just knowing and doing what's right.

God bless you sir for your good deed.
Re: Osinbajo Receives Imam Who Hid 200 Villagers In Mosque by laka2016: 10:22am On Jun 01, 2019
royalamour:

Idiot. You are not a Christian. Stop tarnishing our image. Bloody Islamic demon.
Ops, you for no abuse him now. We can all be civil with ourselves without resorting to abuse. Just like the imam did let us be tolerant of each other.
Re: Osinbajo Receives Imam Who Hid 200 Villagers In Mosque by Beedude(m): 10:25am On Jun 01, 2019
Tsolutionifede:
Destiny can never be changed just delayed, it has been written that dis man would be known globally, but eventually came to past wen seems like all hope is lost, at 83, he now travelled abroad, meet with Vice president. Wen God speaks. Lest i forget, Jesus is coming back, prophet Muhammad (SAW) is gone 4 good, i can deduce that the former is a living God, and the latter is dead, i will serve a living God.
U were making sense until ur last sentence. I am also a Christian but do u really think other religion won't make heaven? U mean everyone in Thailand, China, Korean Saudi Arabia, Malaysia and other parts of the world who are Muslim, Buddhist will all go to hell? Just serve God and follow ur faith, do no one harm and promote love and peace. Don't be a fanatic

4 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Receives Imam Who Hid 200 Villagers In Mosque by davillian(m): 10:26am On Jun 01, 2019
Rip in advance imam
They will come straight to the mosque next time.
You don cast
Re: Osinbajo Receives Imam Who Hid 200 Villagers In Mosque by Nobody: 10:26am On Jun 01, 2019
Is terrorism and killing supposed to be a norm in this country that has gotten to the level of govt commending good samaritans while none of the terrorist still date have been caught or jailed..

The wonderful Imam did a very noble act, what has the govt done on it's own part?
Re: Osinbajo Receives Imam Who Hid 200 Villagers In Mosque by LastSurvivor11: 10:56am On Jun 01, 2019
GoTV:

How many times have you heard Christians attacked Muslims??
By the way he’s saving them from the same Muslims although commendable for being different..
Re: Osinbajo Receives Imam Who Hid 200 Villagers In Mosque by Just2endowed2(m): 11:02am On Jun 01, 2019
Ategberoson:

stop wasting your time on that extremist jihadist GoTv, his brain subscription had long expired

he's my tribesman, why he's denying Islam is what I can't fathom

ok bro
Re: Osinbajo Receives Imam Who Hid 200 Villagers In Mosque by BuhariAdvocate: 11:02am On Jun 01, 2019
grin he safe them from Atiku boys.
Re: Osinbajo Receives Imam Who Hid 200 Villagers In Mosque by Tsolutionifede(m): 11:09am On Jun 01, 2019
AkataYeriYeri:

Idiot , Who ever told you prohet Muhammad PBUH is God .
you idiotic christians always making fool of yourselves online .
bloody son of a bitch .
Where was your useless "living" jesus when other captured girls that are muslims were released by boko haram and Leah Sharibu was not released?
and the boko haram guys have impregnated her too, in case you don't know.
where was your useless Jesus then?
idiotic mofo
hahaha, very funny guy,like d thing pain, sorry.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Pictures From President Buhari's Launch Of 5G Technology To Fight Insecurity / Peter Obi's Message To Obidients Over Attacks They Experience / Sowore Pledges To Abolish The Senate If Elected President In 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.