Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,200 members, 7,811,529 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:55 PM

Buhari’s New Cabinet By Zayyad Muhammad - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari’s New Cabinet By Zayyad Muhammad (37635 Views)

New Cabinet List: Akpabio, Aregbesola, Ambode May Get Seats, Presidency Explains / New Cabinet List: Fashola, Hameed, Adamu Jostle For Buhari’s Cos Office / APC Favours Fresh Faces In Buhari’s New Cabinet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari’s New Cabinet By Zayyad Muhammad by ManirBK: 9:34am On Jun 01, 2019
Muhammadu Buhari has been inaugurated for a second term as President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. What’s next? – A new cabinet. President Buhari has constantly said that he has not discussed with anybody, the composition of his cabinet for his second term as president of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. Nigerians hope that they will not have to wait for six months for the new members of cabinet to be named, like it happened in 2015.

After the May 29th 2019 inauguration, the entire Nigerian state is anxiously waiting for one thing- President Buhari’s list of ministers. Most Nigerians expect the President to bring on board, men and women who swill enliven his cabinet with new ideas and ‘young minds with passion for development adventures.

President Buhari can achieve another first by taking a different direction from the previous style of presenting names of ministerial nominees to the Senate without their portfolios. If Buhari can be bold enough to send the names of ministerial nominees with their respective portfolios, it will make the screening very interesting and more productive for the Senators while also giving Nigerians a foreknowledge of how each nominee may fare in his/her post. Though, one must admit that being eloquent on stage does not necessarily translate into performing very well in the field.

No doubt, Buhari’s second term cabinet needs some young adventurers, silicon-valley-like-thinkers; men and women who can move the government with the speed of the imagination of most Nigerians. But right-thinking people and admirers of Buhari should not be deceived; Buhari also needs politicians in his cabinet including some of the first term ministers. Sidelining of politicians may be a political suicide for the APC. APC as a political party needs them in some areas- especially to hold the political front for the party when the need arises. Though, during the 2019 presidential elections, most political appointees in the Buhari government became mere spectators in their states and localities, especially in the north- Buhari personally delivered himself.

There are some ministers that did very well in the first term and deserve a return, but many performed below expectations. There are some ministries that President Buhari holds dear- petroleum, finance, solid minerals, rural development, transportation, education, health, and agriculture. These ministries should be manned by professionals. Mr. President should be very strong in this regard. If he finds competent professionals from any village in Nigeria who can effectively steer these ministries, he should be brave enough to appoint them. When professionals are appointed to man very important ministries, they know what is expected of them.

They know they are called to rebuild a system that will shift the governance away from the traditional method of concentrating on only ‘off-the-shelves’ way of improving our society. They will not only saddle themselves with the responsibilities within their portfolio; but also be team players that will bring new and feasible ideas to trigger development in all spheres of the society. They will help put in place, systems that will bring dynamism into governance.

Buhari‘s second term ministers should be individuals whose senses of judgment is centered on the challenges of unlocking the future for ordinary Nigerians.

In fact, Nigeria needs to start a yearly continuous assessment of ministers. Each minister should be given realistic and measurable targets to achieve within a year or two. This is will leapfrog development; bring new thinking and fresh approach to governance. This will also make the cabinet an engine-room to provide broad variety of services to Nigerians, ranging from health to industrial development, security, a sound legal system, and an effective infrastructure and education system. Welcome to the next level.

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/buharis-new-cabinet.html?

4 Likes

Re: Buhari’s New Cabinet By Zayyad Muhammad by ManirBK: 9:34am On Jun 01, 2019
it has been reliably gathered that the cabinet being constituted by President Muhammadu Buhari could be a bipartisan group of competent Nigerians.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari’s New Cabinet By Zayyad Muhammad by ManirBK: 9:34am On Jun 01, 2019
Nigerians are earnestly looking forward to the next level with great expectations and what will make a resounding start for President Muhammadu Buhari would be his choice of Ministers for his second term agenda

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari’s New Cabinet By Zayyad Muhammad by StarUp: 9:41am On Jun 01, 2019
We are watching... No more blame game...

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari’s New Cabinet By Zayyad Muhammad by WhoDoWeBlame: 9:44am On Jun 01, 2019
the president shouldnt keep us hanging this time around.The process should be faster this time around in my opinion since i foresee a bunch retaining their post
Re: Buhari’s New Cabinet By Zayyad Muhammad by Nbote(m): 9:44am On Jun 01, 2019
Lolzzz... New Cabinet kor, New dining set ni... Someone who has had d same ineffectual team for 4yrs is supposed to have atleast drawn up a shortlist or know who goes and who stays even before his inauguration.. Make una dey wait for Saints 2.0

26 Likes

Re: Buhari’s New Cabinet By Zayyad Muhammad by WhoDoWeBlame: 9:47am On Jun 01, 2019
StarUp:
I so hate the blame game,people and government should be responsible by accepting responsibilities responsibly

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari’s New Cabinet By Zayyad Muhammad by Kingosytex(m): 9:49am On Jun 01, 2019
buhari will spend the first six months of this tenure jetting around the world like hushpuppi. the remaining 3.5 years will be used to blame the past administration

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari’s New Cabinet By Zayyad Muhammad by tuniski: 9:52am On Jun 01, 2019
ManirBK:
Nigerians are earnestly looking forward to the next level with great expectations and what will make a resounding start for President Muhammadu Buhari would be his choice of Ministers for his second term agenda

Exactly what are your expectations from the vague #NextLevel?

9 Likes

Re: Buhari’s New Cabinet By Zayyad Muhammad by Niaja4real(m): 10:55am On Jun 01, 2019
ManirBK:
Muhammadu Buhari has been inaugurated for a second term as President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. What’s next? – A new cabinet. President Buhari has constantly said that he has not discussed with anybody, the composition of his cabinet for his second term as president of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. Nigerians hope that they will not have to wait for six months for the new members of cabinet to be named, like it happened in 2015.
After the May 29th 2019 inauguration, the entire Nigerian state is anxiously waiting for one thing- President Buhari’s list of ministers. Most Nigerians expect the President to bring on board, men and women who swill enliven his cabinet with new ideas and ‘young minds with passion for development adventures.

President Buhari can achieve another first by taking a different direction from the previous style of presenting names of ministerial nominees to the Senate without their portfolios. If Buhari can be bold enough to send the names of ministerial nominees with their respective portfolios, it will make the screening very interesting and more productive for the Senators while also giving Nigerians a foreknowledge of how each nominee may fare in his/her post. Though, one must admit that being eloquent on stage does not necessarily translate into performing very well in the field.
No doubt, Buhari’s second term cabinet needs some young adventurers, silicon-valley-like-thinkers; men and women who can move the government with the speed of the imagination of most Nigerians. But right-thinking people and admirers of Buhari should not be deceived; Buhari also needs politicians in his cabinet including some of the first term ministers. Sidelining of politicians may be a political suicide for the APC. APC as a political party needs them in some areas- especially to hold the political front for the party when the need arises. Though, during the 2019 presidential elections, most political appointees in the Buhari government became mere spectators in their states and localities, especially in the north- Buhari personally delivered himself.

There are some ministers that did very well in the first term and deserve a return, but many performed below expectations. There are some ministries that President Buhari holds dear- petroleum, finance, solid minerals, rural development, transportation, education, health, and agriculture. These ministries should be manned by professionals. Mr. President should be very strong in this regard. If he finds competent professionals from any village in Nigeria who can effectively steer these ministries, he should be brave enough to appoint them. When professionals are appointed to man very important ministries, they know what is expected of them. They know they are called to rebuild a system that will shift the governance away from the traditional method of concentrating on only ‘off-the-shelves’ way of improving our society. They will not only saddle themselves with the responsibilities within their portfolio; but also be team players that will bring new and feasible ideas to trigger development in all spheres of the society. They will help put in place, systems that will bring dynamism into governance.
Buhari‘s second term ministers should be individuals whose senses of judgment is centered on the challenges of unlocking the future for ordinary Nigerians.
In fact, Nigeria needs to start a yearly continuous assessment of ministers. Each minister should be given realistic and measurable targets to achieve within a year or two. This is will leapfrog development; bring new thinking and fresh approach to governance. This will also make the cabinet an engine-room to provide broad variety of services to Nigerians, ranging from health to industrial development, security, a sound legal system, and an effective infrastructure and education system. Welcome to the next level.
https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/buharis-new-cabinet.html?
Mynd44 oam4j lalasticlala
Kqwantinue to wait for mr. bubu's cabinet, perhaps u will have to wait for a longer time in this nexlefool.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari’s New Cabinet By Zayyad Muhammad by BuhariAdvocate: 11:06am On Jun 01, 2019
Honestly pdp damaged this country beyond repair. The president will not do more than his capacity.
StarUp:
Re: Buhari’s New Cabinet By Zayyad Muhammad by abbaapple: 11:27am On Jun 01, 2019
angry

Chaiiii!!! See this BuhariAdvocacy guy above me, Defending Buhari as if Buhari knows he exist, smh, after Buhari know himself he is a failure! Guy believe me you I am tired of Defending Buhari! Always tell the truth and don’t allow Buhari matter make you behave like hypocrite.

19 Likes

Re: Buhari’s New Cabinet By Zayyad Muhammad by Paperwhite(m): 11:30am On Jun 01, 2019
Imagine Buhari's first thing of uttermost priority post inauguration was to go attend OIC meeting in Saudi Arabia.

10 Likes

Re: Buhari’s New Cabinet By Zayyad Muhammad by Paperwhite(m): 11:31am On Jun 01, 2019
[s]
ManirBK:
[/s]

5 Likes

Re: Buhari’s New Cabinet By Zayyad Muhammad by Casptainspecial: 11:35am On Jun 01, 2019
Next one year will determine how effective is the next level agenda

I pray we hav positive changes in economy development
Re: Buhari’s New Cabinet By Zayyad Muhammad by Paperwhite(m): 11:39am On Jun 01, 2019
[s]
BuhariAdvocate:
Honestly pdp damaged this country beyond repair. The president will not do more than his capacity.
[/s]

22 Likes

Re: Buhari’s New Cabinet By Zayyad Muhammad by athaboi(f): 12:32pm On Jun 01, 2019
Oga go rule this tenor without ministers...weting concern him

2 Likes

Re: Buhari’s New Cabinet By Zayyad Muhammad by 9jaArea: 1:49pm On Jun 01, 2019
Akume of Benue state must not be made a minister...

He is the worst leader of all times, he won't achieve anything.
lozanni:

grin Wetin Akume do?
Re: Buhari’s New Cabinet By Zayyad Muhammad by okonja(m): 1:51pm On Jun 01, 2019
I must be there`
Re: Buhari’s New Cabinet By Zayyad Muhammad by toprealman: 1:53pm On Jun 01, 2019
ManirBK:
it has been reliably gathered that the cabinet being constituted by President Muhammadu Buhari could be a bipartisan group of competent Nigerians.

a) could be b) should be c) will definitely be d)..........

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s New Cabinet By Zayyad Muhammad by slivertongue: 1:54pm On Jun 01, 2019
talking to a deaf man
Re: Buhari’s New Cabinet By Zayyad Muhammad by israelmao(m): 1:56pm On Jun 01, 2019
I see Fashola back on board but this time two ministries will be taken away from him.Ameachi is likely to feature in the cabinet but not in the same ministry and Kachikwu is likely to become a substantive minister for petroleum since Buhari has been not functioning in that capacity in active form but just in nominal form.Isaac Adewole might retain his seat as minister for health.Those that are likely to get the boot are:Adamu Adamu, Dalong, Ngige, Zainab, Shittu, Lai, Ikechukwu, and others.
Re: Buhari’s New Cabinet By Zayyad Muhammad by KiggerLomo(m): 1:57pm On Jun 01, 2019
The elections are over.. It's time for the president to do more.. The reward for hard work is more " work ".

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari’s New Cabinet By Zayyad Muhammad by hisexcellency34: 1:59pm On Jun 01, 2019
H
Re: Buhari’s New Cabinet By Zayyad Muhammad by hisexcellency34: 2:00pm On Jun 01, 2019
Ole

sportpredict9ja:

Hello Guyz if this piece is not usefull to you, plz ignore.

I have been on this for long.
Whenever many hears sport betting, they call it gambling. My brother, that's if you see it as gambling. How will you win when all you do is use 100naira to play a long ticket. If you don't know, many feed their family with this. I am a living prove, we see it as investment or business. I have been on this since 2017 and I know what i have gained.
I design a principle for my self on this business. So losing will not be like losing to me. Whenever I lose, I see it as if am paying tax, paying for shop rent and salary for my workers. I don't see it as if am losing. My brother, believe or leave it, I bought the house i live in through sport betting, bought another for rent business thorough sport betting. So what are you saying that this is not a business. Making cash out of sport betting lies on the principle and tactics you apply, forget about the fear of losing. It depends on the tactics you designed for it.

Cutting the long story short, I have enjoyed this and in february, i decided to bring it out as a business which others can invest in applying my tactics. I started with my friends and people i know to test the business before bringing it out to the public, it was impressing. I was able to achieve my aim of paying out large interest. And also getting mine without defaulting any one. Sport betting investment is sweet when you don't do it with greed. In every business there must be a loss. There is loss in it because if not for the loss, someone can cashout 1m every month. So I designed my formation in a way that in a week I should be having less than 2loss or no loss at all. I deal with 2odds below. Where I get my games are from reliable sport expertise, I pay for it. And haven't been disappointed that there will be no large interest in a week. So if you are interested! I repeat, if you are interested, it not by force. Its not by force. Start Up fee is 1k.
You will send your 1k to me. With this 1k, you will be able to cashout about 70k To 100k in 1month in my rollovers. You will see the growth of your Investment on my Instagram page designed for the business. After all said and done. After Cashing out, I will take 20% of your interest. For example, you are cashing out 100k, am taking 20k. You are cashing out 70k, am taking 14k.

Believe it or leave it. Your cashout will be around 70k to 100k in the space of 1month.
You can also request for cashout after 14days but my 20% still remains my 20%. Assuming after 14days, you are cashing out 30k, am taking 6k

So if you are interested, Send me a message on my WhatsApp number in the picture below.

Once again, please, it is not by force. No hate comment. If you are not interested just kindly ignore my post.
Re: Buhari’s New Cabinet By Zayyad Muhammad by franchasng: 2:01pm On Jun 01, 2019
angry

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Cancelled Sit At Home: Tricycle, Bike Burnt In Nsukka (Pix,Video) / CNN Refers To Nigeria As A North African Country / APC To PDP Defection: No Man Of Honour Will Return To His Vomit - Oshiomole

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.