Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,287 members, 7,815,493 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:16 PM

Over 60,000 Candidates Sit For NNPC Test - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Over 60,000 Candidates Sit For NNPC Test (23390 Views)

26 Million Job Seekers Applied For NNPC Jobs As Recruitment Portal Closes / Apply For Nnpc/chevron JV National University Scholarship Awards 2018 / Police Recruitment:1,728 Successful Applicants To Sit For CBT In Jigawa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Over 60,000 Candidates Sit For NNPC Test by SirBunky85(m): 12:27am On Jun 02, 2019
Ugosample:

make una apply na

did I hold you young ones down?

It's good to apply

let's see how it goes at the end
abeg try shifting cultivation from my festus.
Re: Over 60,000 Candidates Sit For NNPC Test by Nobody: 12:43am On Jun 02, 2019
SirBunky85:
most of the people dat sat for the exams have jobs but dey just want juicy jobs.same thing happened during the 2014 immigration exercise.evn some of my friends who work at abia teaching hospital were among those hustling for the immigration job

You are right but unemployment is different to joblessness
Majority of Nigerians are working unproductively

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Over 60,000 Candidates Sit For NNPC Test by SirBunky85(m): 12:46am On Jun 02, 2019
Deathisfreee:

You are right but unemployment is different to joblessness Majority of Nigerians are working unproductively
u never sleep?
Re: Over 60,000 Candidates Sit For NNPC Test by Nobody: 12:48am On Jun 02, 2019
SirBunky85:
u never sleep?

Heheheheh. Sleep na sin my oga
Re: Over 60,000 Candidates Sit For NNPC Test by SirBunky85(m): 12:54am On Jun 02, 2019
Deathisfreee:

Heheheheh. Sleep na sin my oga
naso,enjoy ur night anyways

2 Likes

Re: Over 60,000 Candidates Sit For NNPC Test by toluwa1(f): 2:46am On Jun 02, 2019
60,000.....hmmm...unemployment is really on the high side
Re: Over 60,000 Candidates Sit For NNPC Test by Nobody: 2:55am On Jun 02, 2019
Job way my guys don resume

grin grin cheesy grin grin angry
Re: Over 60,000 Candidates Sit For NNPC Test by Nobody: 2:56am On Jun 02, 2019
nanauju:
60,000 wrote the test, yet the real owners of the available slots, who didn't even take the assessment will soon be handed their employment letters.

Nigeria I hail your corruption o

Some have been handed already

Not even soon

1 Like

Re: Over 60,000 Candidates Sit For NNPC Test by sholay2011(m): 3:14am On Jun 02, 2019
tactius:
It's funny seeing people saying that 'the jobs have already been allocated' and 'NNPC is giving jobs to Northerners only'.....

The truth is, out of those 60000 , NNPC can only take a tiny fraction. The vast majority of the 60000 are going to be rejected. And many of them in their dissapointment are going to play the blame game because that's the only way to reassure your ego....you did not get the job not because you were not good enough, but because Hausas//rich people/people with conenctions/Muslims/Christians, etc.

The problem is, most Nigerians want a good office job where they can sit down and get salary at the end of the month. And the truth is, we don't have enough office jobs. Yes, our parents got nice office jobs..back in the 1960's and 70's...when we had to replace the white expat staff with Nigerians...but since the 1980's, the number of graduates has exceeded the number of office jobs available.

But the truth is, we could have had a vibrant private sector if we had .....electriicty, etc. But we are a country that doesn't want to pay the cost of power, we prefer price controls over everything, driving out any investors, because we are sooooo poor. Meanwhile, government can only employ a set number of people.

We could create a ton of jobs in the petroleum sector if we removed fuel subsidy, which means we would attract investors, since there are now profits to be made, who will build more refineries and other facilties, stimulating job growth. But no, we want subsidy, because we are too poor to pay for fuel. So, profit making is stifled in the petroleum sector....and investors stay away. Meaning jobs are limited.

I don't know....but if we want jobs galore ....we should start by removing subsides on fuel, and ending price controls on electric power. Sure, prices would jump up, but there would be more jobs, more kids in school , more profitable competition, better economy.
What a lovely post. cool

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Over 60,000 Candidates Sit For NNPC Test by aspiring44: 3:41am On Jun 02, 2019
Hopez456:
I was among the 8am batch at JC best schools Abuja. The experience today was horrible, we couldn't write the exam depite being on ground since 8am. We were later moved in a convoy of buses around 2:40pm to another school within Gwarinpa to write the exam. I just got home with pains in my body and headaches. Today is one day I won't forget in a hurry.

The main thing is transparency of the process and not the usual "who knows who? . that has been the bedrock of Nigerian Government Job in the name of federal character.
Re: Over 60,000 Candidates Sit For NNPC Test by Nobody: 4:16am On Jun 02, 2019
joy199:
Let me be the first to congratulate you. Congratulations oooo, I like your spirit.
Thank you
Re: Over 60,000 Candidates Sit For NNPC Test by dopestkidda(m): 4:18am On Jun 02, 2019
Are You Looking for a Professional Resume Design or CV Design Service?

You’re in the right place!

Did you know the average recruiter spends just 6 seconds looking at each resume?

By working with an expert you can make sure yours stands out - instead of ending up in the trash!

What the Packages Cover

I will Create unique, custom resume design or CV design . (I use modern, minimal styles to ensure the key facts ‘pop out’ to busy recruiters!)

*All resumes/cover letters will be delivered in editable Word and PDF file formats*

For a unique, custom resume design or CV design at affordable prices call or whatsapp me on +2348164287840

Order Today!

Getting your dream job is a big deal – so don’t leave this to chance... Order my professional resume design and writing service today!

Re: Over 60,000 Candidates Sit For NNPC Test by ehinmowo: 5:07am On Jun 02, 2019
bajeen:

Why are you obsessed with 'northern guys'? Or has your brain been gradually saturated with the ill informed notion that northerners do not get appointment meritoriously? If yes, you have fallen into a deep abyss and I pray you emerge from it soon.

If NNPC goes ahead to recruit on 'who-you-know' principle, it will not be about the north vs south, islam vs Christianity...., but an interclass struggle between the elite and the masses. The elitist class will distribute the slots among themselves, using their own quota system. Just go and do a check into recent recruitment drives by 'lucrative' govt agencies e.g. CBN, DPR, FIRS etc, and you will most likely validate what I stated.

I spoke with a unit commander of FRSC whom I Know very well. He was also among the officers overseeing the recruitment then. He told me that the total slot was 4000 and that included non graduates who were more than graduates.

He said the exercise is just because the law requires it. that over 70% of the available position was based on slot allocation, right from the presidency downward.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Over 60,000 Candidates Sit For NNPC Test by solmusdesigns: 5:15am On Jun 02, 2019
rusher14:

It's alright.

But for the anonymity we enjoy on this forum, one is sometimes tempted to release names and dates. Yet, we prefer it this way.

Too many of these ne'er-do-wells, pollute our cyber sphere, making unsuspecting individuals make wrong decisions due to the immense pressure they put others.

To the individual that refused the job offer, he had 4 jobs and offers within 6 months of each other.

He made his pick and incidentally, NNPC was one those he left or declined.

Don't fool yourself pal, me refraining myself from joining you in the gutters of insults like "shut up" and and all other insultive undertone is because i knew this moniker on my old Account, dont ever fool yourself about Ivy league graduate going through NNPC recruitment without referal yet getting the job.

If you were smart you'd understand an ivy league graduate was an exception, but you stupidly want to give yourself false hopes with your nonsense imaginary ivy league graduate you pull out of your behind.

Call me perssimist , "neer do well" or whatever nonsense you come up with all you want, its your life problem, not mine...

i'll keep been a realist whenever i have to and am glad reasonable people already took my opinion and would try pull nessecary strings, while imbecilee like you can keep fooling themselves about Nigerian System and applying till thy kingdom comes.

And please whatever you are forming online to impress people like you keep it to yourself, as it doesn't move me honestly.

Calling you slow would be an insult to the kids with special needs. So next time watch who you quote with your lies. Keep.it with your fellow unexposed dunce like you.

Thats why shady characters like you only exist on Nairaland and not quora.

1 Like

Re: Over 60,000 Candidates Sit For NNPC Test by adebayo10977(m): 6:05am On Jun 02, 2019
Deathisfreee:
Unemployment has taken a huge sit in this country ,may God see us thru

Most of the applicants has already been employed in one way or the other, they only want a job that offers best remuneration.

1 Like

Re: Over 60,000 Candidates Sit For NNPC Test by decasey(m): 6:31am On Jun 02, 2019
Jiang:

Me no argue with una, still waiting patiently 4 d final list grin

Guy, some of us are really smart woh, enough to compete with ur best, academically or otherwise
Re: Over 60,000 Candidates Sit For NNPC Test by rusher14: 7:50am On Jun 02, 2019
solmusdesigns:

Don't fool yourself pal, me refraining myself from joining you in the gutters of insults like "shut up" and and all other insultive undertone is because i knew this moniker on my old Account, dont ever fool yourself about Ivy league graduate going through NNPC recruitment without referal yet getting the job.

If you were smart you'd understand an ivy league graduate was an exception, but you stupidly want to give yourself false hopes with your nonsense imaginary ivy league graduate you pull out of your behind.

Call me perssimist , "neer do well" or whatever nonsense you come up with all you want, its your life problem, not mine...

i'll keep been a realist whenever i have to and am glad reasonable people already took my opinion and would try pull nessecary strings, while imbecilee like you can keep fooling themselves about Nigerian System and applying till thy kingdom comes.

And please whatever you are forming online to impress people like you keep it to yourself, as it doesn't move me honestly.

Calling you slow would be an insult to the kids with special needs. So next time watch who you quote with your lies. Keep.it with your fellow unexposed dunce like you.

Thats why shady characters like you only exist on Nairaland and not quora.

I'll continue to tell you to shut up.

It's easy to spot one who has been defeated. They always espouse negativity and cynicism even in the face of hope.

There is a reason you only operate within a certain band of success/ failure.

You are not a realist and have no idea who one is.

You've come on a forum to diminish the work and indeed hope of regular folk.

I quickly checked you based on a fact, but you wouldn't back down, perhaps because it is too late for you to achieve same.

Quoting Quora is funny.

It's made up of people who pass their experiences not rumour mongers.

You know where you stand.

1 Like

Re: Over 60,000 Candidates Sit For NNPC Test by Nobody: 8:47am On Jun 02, 2019
adebayo10977:

Most of the applicants has already been employed in one way or the other, they only want a job that offers best remuneration.

I believe we are in this same Nigeria bruh.
Majority of them are unproductively employed ,that still falls under unemployment

1 Like

Re: Over 60,000 Candidates Sit For NNPC Test by dapperman(m): 10:05am On Jun 02, 2019
Did experience category write the exam?
Re: Over 60,000 Candidates Sit For NNPC Test by Ginalex(f): 12:03pm On Jun 02, 2019
Deathisfreee:

I believe we are in this same Nigeria bruh.
Majority of them are unproductively employed ,that still falls under unemployment
Nope... Unemployment means joblesses while you could called being "unproductively employed" as underemployment.
Re: Over 60,000 Candidates Sit For NNPC Test by swetjo(f): 12:07pm On Jun 02, 2019
They should employ all of them.
Re: Over 60,000 Candidates Sit For NNPC Test by ultimatebas(m): 12:26pm On Jun 02, 2019
tactius:

I know there is corruption in Nigeria, but the thing is, NNPC can't take up to 5000 of the 60000.

The rest in their disappointment will think that the 5000 got in by connections. When it is a matter of some get in, some don't

They will take 1200 people. Don't ask me how i know.
Re: Over 60,000 Candidates Sit For NNPC Test by Kingzy4pep(m): 1:34pm On Jun 02, 2019
AngelJennifer:

I have seen o, my uncle retired as a manager there, also one of the ican students in the center I attended lectures work there.
When was the last recruitment done, please. Or you didn't understand the question?
Re: Over 60,000 Candidates Sit For NNPC Test by Nobody: 7:30am On Jun 03, 2019
rusher14:

Shut up.

I have a someone close to me, who got the NNPC job offer after going through rigorous tests a while back.

He even refused the job at the end.

This is the reason I never listen to your likes.
A while back like 10 yrs ago abi
Re: Over 60,000 Candidates Sit For NNPC Test by Nobody: 7:38am On Jun 03, 2019
ehinmowo:

I spoke with a unit commander of FRSC whom I Know very well. He was also among the officers overseeing the recruitment then. He told me that the total slot was 4000 and that included non graduates who were more than graduates.

He said the exercise is just because the law requires it. that over 70% of the available position was based on slot allocation, right from the presidency downward.
Same with custom, met someone who bought slot in custom.
Re: Over 60,000 Candidates Sit For NNPC Test by FuckDaMods: 6:17pm On Jun 03, 2019
ultimatebas:

They will take 1200 people. Don't ask me how i know.
Wrong, 1080 but let's approximate to 1100
Don't ask me how i know cool

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

NCS Call Successful Candidates For Training- Be Informed / Got 2 New Job Offers...pls Advice Me On Which One To Take / Bank Cleaner Or Teaching, Which One Will You Suggest?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.