Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,475 members, 7,816,119 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:42 AM

2003 Honda Civic........ - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 2003 Honda Civic........ (12374 Views)

Can I Use 5W30 Engine Oil In Place Of 5W20 In 2003 Honda Accord? / ...2003 Honda Civic .......getting It Uber Ready...... / It Will Cost You ₦7.3m To Rent Bugatti Veyron For A Day,Price Of Honda Civic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2003 Honda Civic........ by Nobody: 8:10pm On Jun 08, 2019
amstardi:
I need codeine. so you sell?

I am sure thebigkendo can arrange for you from Omo Oba grin grin grin grin grin cheesy
Re: 2003 Honda Civic........ by captainking(m): 9:13pm On Jun 08, 2019
GAZZUZZ:

That car is an engineering mistake. Very annoying design who does that? undecided
sir gazzuzz.. Pls.. Why do you hate this particular generation of Honda civics?? I love the car and hope to buy it really soon... Why sir.. Why don't you like it. ?I have interviewed over 20 users of the car and their reviews have been superb..pls sir. Kindly elucidate if you will. Thanks..
Re: 2003 Honda Civic........ by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:16pm On Jun 08, 2019
captainking:
sir gazzuzz.. Pls.. Why do you hate this particular generation of Honda civics?? I love the car and hope to buy it really soon... Why sir.. Why don't you like it. ?I have interviewed over 20 users of the car and their reviews have been superb..pls sir. Kindly elucidate if you will. Thanks..

I live in lagos, where do they live?
Re: 2003 Honda Civic........ by captainking(m): 9:21pm On Jun 08, 2019
GAZZUZZ:

I live in lagos, where do they live?
i live in Lagos.. But. Job took me to ph for over a year now.. So.. For now.. I am ph based.. Just for now. But when getting a new car. I will come to buy in Lagos.
Re: 2003 Honda Civic........ by thebigkendo(m): 9:32pm On Jun 08, 2019
captainking:

Engine area is cramped so mechanics don like the car.. Its a reliable & fuel efficient car

1 Like

Re: 2003 Honda Civic........ by obekediamondfuto(m): 9:32pm On Jun 08, 2019
thebigkendo:

They are coming for you grin

Obekediamondfuto kingreign please gather your people

lolz, me too I don't like the way they are being hyped but the resale value no be here oh.

and they also age quite well!
Re: 2003 Honda Civic........ by captainking(m): 9:34pm On Jun 08, 2019
thebigkendo:

Engine area is cramped so mechanics don like the car.. Its a reliable & fuel efficient car
really..that could pose a challenge for auto guys.
Re: 2003 Honda Civic........ by thebigkendo(m): 9:39pm On Jun 08, 2019
obekediamondfuto:

lolz, me too I don't like the way they are being hyped but the resale value no be here oh.

and they also age quite well!

But seriously if you calculate the resale value as a percentage of the purchase value... Its not so big compared to other cheaper cars.. Must people just look at the 1.1, 1.2 or 1.3m... And think wow...high resale value.. Forgeting the high purchase price

3 Likes

Re: 2003 Honda Civic........ by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:39pm On Jun 08, 2019
thebigkendo:

and the gearbox? Location of powersteering pump? The starter motor location? Who does that?
Re: 2003 Honda Civic........ by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:40pm On Jun 08, 2019
thebigkendo:

But seriously if you calculate the resale value as a percentage of the purchase value... Its not so big compared to other cheaper cars.. Must people just look at the 1.1, 1.2 or 1.3m... And think wow...high resale value.. Forgeting the high purchase price

and the easy sale? Car u can sell in 5mins grin
Re: 2003 Honda Civic........ by obekediamondfuto(m): 9:58pm On Jun 08, 2019
thebigkendo:

BRO forget the economics wey that baba dey post, all those are theoretical.... in reality, when u will see how civics are priced u will weep.....

I recently had to source for a civic for one of my colleagues, gazzuzz is my alibi.... I haven't still given him the conclusion of that pipe dream because I am ashamed....

bottom line, they don't age well, and when u even see a clean one bought probably 1.3 - 1.4 (because that is the average price) being sold like 1yr after the pricing will make u weep!

unlike a heavily accidented corolla used for 3yrs and someone will still sell it for probably 1.4 when it was bought @ 1.8 so in reality all those economics wey that baba post doesn't hold water

I repeat it doesn't....
see Gazuzz clean corolla, how much do u think people are pricing it? up to 1.8? ask him na.... yet the person that will probably buy it will sell it after 2-3yrs for 1.3 last, as per clean title.....

show me who will sell toks clean title civic for 950

show me the thread make I just break down now!

after 3yrs sef tell that person to sell the civic and see how much people will price it!

although the scenario painted above will obviously have some deviations that are standard but this is the realistic norm BRO...

personally, I wouldn't buy a corolla to drive but I will most def buy it to sell off!

PS I know someone who bought an accidented corolla from an importer for 1.4m in Feb and is still owing 100k till date! so u see, some deviations here and there....

how much do u think she will be willing to sell that ride in 2yrs (cos I showed her the accident pics and she was so depressed, plus the fact that boiz no dey allow the car rest, dey almost removed the side mirror @ canaanland parking lot)?
Re: 2003 Honda Civic........ by thebigkendo(m): 9:58pm On Jun 08, 2019
GAZZUZZ:

and the gearbox? Location of powersteering pump? The starter motor location? Who does that?

Lol honda no try for the starter motor location for tgeir k-series engines grin grin

But the starter location is better than in does toyota UZ-FE v8 engines grin grin grin
Re: 2003 Honda Civic........ by thebigkendo(m): 9:59pm On Jun 08, 2019
GAZZUZZ:

and the easy sale? Car u can sell in 5mins grin

Yeah.. No arguement for that wan
Re: 2003 Honda Civic........ by thebigkendo(m): 10:08pm On Jun 08, 2019
obekediamondfuto:

BRO forget the economics wey that baba dey post, all those are theoretical.... in reality, when u will see how civics are priced u will weep.....

I recently had to source for a civic for one of my colleagues, gazzuzz is my alibi.... I haven't still given him the conclusion of that pipe dream because I am ashamed....

bottom line, they don't age well, and when u even see a clean one bought probably 1.3 - 1.4 (because that is the average price) being sold like 1yr after the pricing will make u weep!

unlike a heavily accidented corolla used for 3yrs and someone will still sell it for probably 1.4 when it was bought @ 1.8 so in reality all those economics wey that baba post doesn't hold water

I repeat it doesn't....
see Gazuzz clean corolla, how much do u think people are pricing it? up to 1.8? ask him na.... yet the person that will probably buy it will sell it after 2-3yrs for 1.3 last, as per clean title.....

show me who will sell toks clean title civic for 950

show me the thread make I just break down now!

after 3yrs sef tell that person to sell the civic and see how much people will price it!

although the scenario painted above will obviously have some deviations that are standard but this is the realistic norm BRO...

personally, I wouldn't buy a corolla to drive but I will most def buy it to sell off!

PS I know someone who bought an accidented corolla from an importer for 1.4m in Feb and is still owing 100k till date! so u see, some deviations here and there....

how much do u think she will be willing to sell that ride in 2yrs (cos I showed her the accident pics and she was so depressed, plus the fact that boiz no dey allow the car rest, dey almost removed the side mirror @ canaanland parking lot)?

So many point weh i no agree but today i no get power to type plenty...
Re: 2003 Honda Civic........ by obekediamondfuto(m): 10:12pm On Jun 08, 2019
thebigkendo:

Yeah.. No arguement for that wan

lol z, not just that one

do holistic survey of the pricing of both vehicles on NAIRALAND, u will be amazed...

when my colleague finally told me how much she budgeted for the civic, I just respected myself and told her that I'm not doing again...

to me sha, I wouldn't drive a civic or a corolla....
civic.... I dey fear Honda after what they have done to me in the past
corolla..... I wouldn't want to be checking up on my car every 5mins where I parked it.
Re: 2003 Honda Civic........ by obekediamondfuto(m): 10:15pm On Jun 08, 2019
thebigkendo:

OK we will continue to agree to disagree oh..
I have already done the math and civic doesn't have a better resale value than corolla! anywhere but not anytime
Re: 2003 Honda Civic........ by obekediamondfuto(m): 10:21pm On Jun 08, 2019
adanny01:

A toks 2003 Corolla cost 1.6 -1.8m and a 2nd hand value of 1.2-1.4

A toks 2003 Civic cost 1.1-1.3m and a second hand value of 300-500k

Tell me whats the difference? You Corolla guys cannot be objective for reasons best known to you guys. You think Corolla is the best but other far less expensive cars can be as profitable and require less capital at the same time.

A toks 2003 camry is 1.5-1.6 while a smaller 2003 corolla is 1.8-2m. An accord is 1.4-1.5 toks while Civic is 1-1.2. Cant you see that Corolla is a over priced car and is a waste of monetary value.

fixed!!!
Re: 2003 Honda Civic........ by Nobody: 10:32pm On Jun 08, 2019
thebigkendo:

Pele Central Defender of Honda Kingdom.

Don't forget to solicit for support from Bang, I don't think I have read him write something good about Corolla before but he wouldn't stop visiting thread where Corolla are been discussed. grin grin
Re: 2003 Honda Civic........ by Nobody: 10:35pm On Jun 08, 2019
obekediamondfuto:

lol z, not just that one

do holistic survey of the pricing of both vehicles on NAIRALAND, u will be amazed...

when my colleague finally told me how much she budgeted for the civic, I just respected myself and told her that I'm not doing again...

corolla..... I wouldn't want to be checking up on my car every 5mins where I parked it.

Don't worry we would dash you Aboki for "Extended Security" for your Corolla.

How many aboki do you need? grin grin
Re: 2003 Honda Civic........ by obekediamondfuto(m): 10:42pm On Jun 08, 2019
TheCar:

Don't worry we would dash you Aboki for "Extended Security" for your Corolla.

How many aboki do you need? grin grin

BRO, that hussle is toooooooo real.
As I was trying to encourage my colleague that almost lost her mirror @ canaanland on a Monday ..... another colleague who repainted his vehicle recently decided to park his ride outside the office so he could leave early.
same day BRO, same day!
by 7pm, his drivers mirror was nowhere to be found... door was almost open....

the security guys on watch that day are still answering for it.... they will probably lose their jobs or pay for the damage

my brother I cannot be stressing myself like that naw,

my Camry, anywhere I see space I park my ride and have a nice day!
Re: 2003 Honda Civic........ by thebigkendo(m): 10:45pm On Jun 08, 2019
TheCar:

Pele Central Defender of Honda Kingdom.

Don't forget to solicit for support from Bang, I don't think I have read him write something good about Corolla before but he wouldn't stop visiting thread where Corolla are been discussed. grin grin

Personally the only issue i have with that corolla is the price in naija!!!

For me that corolla is a minature big for nothing... Like shrinked/stripped down version.. So why should i pay more for less, that is what i can't get my head around.. Instead i will pay less for more(camry) grin grin grin

When i was looking for a car to buy.. I was actually looking for the 07 & above civic, but unfortunately that was when uber was booming so suddenly the civic price went up and i like what!!!!! Never!!! I can't pay that much for civic, upped my budget a little & went for a full option accord instead grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: 2003 Honda Civic........ by obekediamondfuto(m): 10:46pm On Jun 08, 2019
if they hold a corolla rally in Lagos I wonder how Lagos will feel like on that day!

Kai, they'd be like ants marching to/fro St Louis packet!

and if u see the kinda speed confidence they exude on 3mb ehn, one would think these guys are packing like 400hp under that hood!

SMH I really weak oh BRO...

hope u are not one of the corolla users

grin
Re: 2003 Honda Civic........ by adanny01(m): 10:47pm On Jun 08, 2019
obekediamondfuto:

fixed!!!

Your exaggeration is just to degrade the Civic.

A 2 door Naija Civic is 300-500k and a 4 door is 400-650k. Anything less is a scrap and anything more is one chance.

I have seen a scrap Corolla for 600k, but it doesn't mean that the 1.2-1.4m range we talk about applies to every scrap Corolla out there. We are talking of good grade Naija used. If you want i can equally claim used Corolla is 600k-1.4m.

Knowing the prices of such cars, if i see a 1m Corolla, i will think well before buying it. Thats just because i know how much its been sold out there. A 300k Civic is scrap.
Re: 2003 Honda Civic........ by dicksonadams(m): 10:48pm On Jun 08, 2019
GAZZUZZ:

That car should be renamed nissan altima 2004 part 2.

Why?
Re: 2003 Honda Civic........ by obekediamondfuto(m): 10:54pm On Jun 08, 2019
adanny01:

Your exaggeration is just to degrade the Civic.

A 2 door Naija Civic is 300-500k and a 4 door is 400-650k. Anything less is a scrap and anything more is one chance.

I have seen a scrap Corolla for 600k, but it doesn't mean that the 1.2-1.4m range we talk about applies to every scrap Corolla out there. We are talking of good grade Naija used. If you want i can equally claim used Corolla is 600k-1.4m.

Knowing the prices of such cars, if i see a 1m Corolla, i will think well before buying it. Thats just because i know how much its been sold out there.

@ bolded, of course not....

do ur research and provide proof!
I have done mine, do u need proof?

and lest I forget, no one will be willing to buy an 03 corolla for anything more than 1.8m

goan research!

stop being sentimental, anywhere u see Toyota u will be sparking

I used to be like that before, but thebigkendo's experience with Honda gave me a new perspective..... to respect people's view...

and as for the civic, u are so so so so so so so so so so wrong!

they don't age gracefully to start with, when u see a standard 3yrs naija used civic no one will buy it for more than 500k and even if it was perfectly maintenaned then the owner would have spent more in terms of maintenance than the average corolla user...
get my point!

I repeat.... A civic cannot have a higher resale value than. a corolla....

same with an accord Vs Camry combo!
Re: 2003 Honda Civic........ by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:54pm On Jun 08, 2019
thebigkendo:

Personally the only issue i have with that corolla is the price in naija!!! all over the world

For me that corolla is a minature big for nothing... Like shrinked/stripped down version.. So why should i pay more for less, that is what i can't get my head around.. Instead i will pay less for more(camry) grin grin grin

When i was looking for a car to buy.. I was actually looking for the 07 & above civic, but unfortunately that was when uber was booming so suddenly the civic price went up and i like what!!!!! Never!!! I can't pay that much for civic, upped my budget a little & went for a full option accord instead grin grin grin grin

. Fixed grin
Re: 2003 Honda Civic........ by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:55pm On Jun 08, 2019
obekediamondfuto:

lol z, not just that one

some budget de taya pesin grin
Re: 2003 Honda Civic........ by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:02pm On Jun 08, 2019
My beef with civic.

1. Poor ground clearance
2. No space to work on basic components
3. sensitive gearbox.
4. Engine drop is from the bottom (for a sedan that's cruel)
5. Location of components
6. Very delicate sensitive fusebox (engine side)
7. Internal fusebox is a module on its own and tied to the key and immobiliser. Any kazeemization near fuel pump or any unholy wire joining, u done jonze be dat.
8. Poor resale value
Re: 2003 Honda Civic........ by obekediamondfuto(m): 11:03pm On Jun 08, 2019
GAZZUZZ:

some budget de taya pesin grin

baba gee, someone that initially told me 1m, after sending her pics of that clean white civic...

naw told me that the husband said they cannot buy civic for 1m highest 400k that his friend just bought one for 350k

I just ended the discussion!
so much intellectual props and data wasted!
Re: 2003 Honda Civic........ by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:05pm On Jun 08, 2019
obekediamondfuto:

baba gee, someone that initially told me 1m, after sending her pics of that clean white civic...

naw told me that the husband said they cannot buy civic for 1m highest 400k that his friend just bought one for 350k

I just ended the discussion!
so much intellectual props and data wasted!

angry angry angry

Re: 2003 Honda Civic........ by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:06pm On Jun 08, 2019
some people deserve the cars they buy.

Like the guy that called and priced my corolla 1.4. Thunder will fire you where ever you are sir.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2003 Honda Civic........ by obekediamondfuto(m): 11:09pm On Jun 08, 2019
GAZZUZZ:
some people deserve the cars they buy.

Like the guy that called and priced my corolla 1.4. Thunder will fire you where ever you are sir.

asin ehn, I saw the lady and one other guy in my office going to price one BMW with pangolo on the roof, they asked me to join....

I politely declined and told them that the BMW is the best car ever ..... she was so happy. I suspect they would seal the deal next week! I won't even check nothing.....

but na u I go still direct them to when water pass garri which I suspect will be soon!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Is Benz ML320 Good For Nigeria Roads? / Reliable & Fuel Efficient Mid-size Suv/crossover / Fashola: Bad Roads Not Cause Of Accidents On Highways

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.