Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,576 members, 7,843,803 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 11:17 AM

Advice About Which Country To Migrant To As A Youth For Legal Hustling - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Advice About Which Country To Migrant To As A Youth For Legal Hustling (4287 Views)

Dozens Killed As Migrant Boat Capsizes Off Greece / Parenting In The UK As A Nigerian Migrant. / The Adventures Of A New UK Migrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Advice About Which Country To Migrant To As A Youth For Legal Hustling by Hadampson(m): 12:28am On Jun 05, 2019
Ugosample:

as a matter of fact

I dont

Same here o smiley
Re: Advice About Which Country To Migrant To As A Youth For Legal Hustling by Hadampson(m): 12:30am On Jun 05, 2019
tensazangetsu20:

How can you run a business in a country with a population of one million people and very high illiteracy rates. What is the return on investment? As horrible as Nigeria is many companies are still dying to break into this market.

Yes and many foreign investors are investing in other countries
Re: Advice About Which Country To Migrant To As A Youth For Legal Hustling by Ugosample(m): 12:55am On Jun 05, 2019
tensazangetsu20:

I graduated two years ago actually. Nigeria has a lot more investable opportunities than Ghana. Nigeria also has a higher purchasing power than Ghana. The Nigerian economy has a purchasing power parity of one trillion dollars (26th largest worldwide). However starting a business in Ghana especially in retail is not as easy as it used to be. The government asks that you bring a million dollars upfront for initial investment funny enough investing the same amount in the USA or Singapore would give you citizenship. Some people might go out of the way and do things their own way but it always comes back to bite.

Tax rate is also much higher in Ghana and there's a lot of bereaucracy if you intend to do things the right way. This bureaucracy also involves a whole lot of money. Import duties are also very high which means that no matter what you do your goods will be expensive that's why things are so expensive in Ghana down to even a bottle of coke.

but somehow I prefer the investment climate there to in Nigeria

I just left Accra not too long ago, and I come there frequently

Thinking of putting something more permanent there tho

I don't know why, but apart from portfolio investment
Nigeria is the LAST place I would do any direct investment undecided

the wahala is too much

2 Likes

Re: Advice About Which Country To Migrant To As A Youth For Legal Hustling by Hadampson(m): 7:03am On Jun 05, 2019
olioxx:

Bro you are really good in this travels thing. Bravo.
Keep up the good work¿¿

Lol.. Thanks boss smiley
Re: Advice About Which Country To Migrant To As A Youth For Legal Hustling by kakakii: 1:53pm On Jun 06, 2019
Ugosample:

but somehow I prefer the investment climate there to in Nigeria

I just left Accra not too long ago, and I come there frequently

Thinking of putting something more permanent there tho

I don't know why, but apart from portfolio investment
Nigeria is the LAST place I would do any direct investment undecided

the wahala is too much

tensazangetsu20:

I graduated two years ago actually. Nigeria has a lot more investable opportunities than Ghana. Nigeria also has a higher purchasing power than Ghana. The Nigerian economy has a purchasing power parity of one trillion dollars (26th largest worldwide). However starting a business in Ghana especially in retail is not as easy as it used to be. The government asks that you bring a million dollars upfront for initial investment funny enough investing the same amount in the USA or Singapore would give you citizenship. Some people might go out of the way and do things their own way but it always comes back to bite.

Tax rate is also much higher in Ghana and there's a lot of bereaucracy if you intend to do things the right way. This bureaucracy also involves a whole lot of money. Import duties are also very high which means that no matter what you do your goods will be expensive that's why things are so expensive in Ghana down to even a bottle of coke.

because we lack basic amenities ( security , 24/7 electricty, good roads and water ) people always mistake it for bad economy and think other african countries is the best place to start business compare to Nigeria.

Nigeria has a lot of problem but when we are comparing ourselves with other African countries we take the lead. take Kenya for example they have the basic amenities but their economy is not as vibrant as Nigeria own, electricity in Nairobi is 24/7 and security is top notch, if your business revolve around electricity then you will find kenya interesting but overall Nigeria is better than most african countries.

just like the other guy have said, don't be deceived by what you read online and in the news, foreign investors are storming Nigeria on a daily basis ( especially the chinese, not the chinese government, the chinese! )
Re: Advice About Which Country To Migrant To As A Youth For Legal Hustling by PetroDollax: 2:24pm On Jun 06, 2019
Stop deceiving yoursel. Let me break things down for you. If a country lacks good security, 24/7 electricity, good roads,water and education then that country is useles. End of story! How can you justify having a “good” economy and not able to provide basic amenities to your people?

Why do you think Norway is regarded as the richest country in the world?. Is it because of the size of their GDP? Is it because of the skyscrapers in that country? Hell no. Go to Oslo and you will surprised to see the kind of international airport the Norwegians hav3. Norway is considered a wealthy country because it takes very good of its citizens.

What is the point in having a “ good” economy if you can’t provide a good life for your citizens? I don’t get it when you nigerians jump upanddown claiming you are better than other countries. Go and look for the UN Human Development Index and see how nigeria is ranked. You will feel sorry for yourself. At the end of the day, it is all about the quality of life of the citizen.

A country that cannot provide security, 24/7 electricity, good roads, water, health care and education to its citizens is crap and useless. Quote me on this one anywhere. Many African countries are doing well in providing a good life for their people. It is a shame Nigerians don’t think having security, 24/7 electricity, good roads and water are a big deal. Perhaps your idea is to have a few folks with private jets,limousines, and throwing wild owambe parties. I guess that is how you define how rich a country is? What a shame.

kakakii:

because we lack basic amenities ( security , 24/7 electricty, good roads and water ) people always mistake it for bad economy and think other african countries is the best place to start business compare to Nigeria.

Nigeria has a lot of problem but when we are comparing ourselves with other African countries we take the lead. take Kenya for example they have the basic amenities but their economy is not as vibrant as Nigeria own, electricity in Nairobi is 24/7 and security is top notch, if your business revolve around electricity then you will find kenya interesting but overall Nigeria is better than most african countries.

just like the other guy have said, don't be deceived by what you read online and in the news, foreign investors are storming Nigeria on a daily basis ( especially the chinese, not the chinese government, the chinese! )

4 Likes

Re: Advice About Which Country To Migrant To As A Youth For Legal Hustling by Contumely: 2:25pm On Jun 06, 2019
Gerrard59:
OP has to define what he terms "legal hustling". Personally, if you decide to relocate, it's advisable you follow the academic route. Study in a reputable institution, learn the language (especially if it's in Asia) and network properly.

A country with a high currency value automatically is a country with a high standard of living. Simple economics. However, it's not always same regarding low currency values as the yen and won have somewhat low values compared to say the Swiss Franc whereas the trio have high living standards. Moreover, you should be more concerned about the ease to permanent residency and unemployment than ease of getting a visa.

Scenario: It's easier to get a visa to the UAE than Japan however the probability of getting a good job in Japan is higher than in the UAE (provided you studied in a top Japanese university and learn the language) and you can become a permanent resident/citizen than in the UAE.

I reiterate that you should define what's "legal hustling".

Who told you that a country with high currency value translates to high standard of living?

1 kuwaiti dinar equals 1008 naira.

1 dollar equals 360 naira.

Does it mean that Kuwait has higher standard of living than the US?

Sense is very far from you! Sell your 20k phone and buy sense and economics text.
Re: Advice About Which Country To Migrant To As A Youth For Legal Hustling by Ugosample(m): 2:38pm On Jun 06, 2019
kakakii:

foreign investors are pouring into Ghana, CIV and even Senegal in their numbers too

Infact too much FDI compared to their size
so the investors you see coming to Ngr is no big deal in the real sense of it compared to the sizE of the economy

The countries ailing in FDI from what I have experienced is guinea, Liberia and Sierra Leone /Burkina to an extent...

Nigeria is no longer the beautiful bride for FDI as if used to be...
Those of us in the system know

What still keeps Nigeria to an extent is the bigger market, but that's it
take that away and Nigeria as it is is useless undecided

The future could be really bright for these Africans countries
all we need are sensible policies

4 Likes

Re: Advice About Which Country To Migrant To As A Youth For Legal Hustling by kakakii: 3:24pm On Jun 06, 2019
PetroDollax:
Stop deceiving yoursel. Let me break things down for you. If a country lacks good security, 24/7 electricity, good roads,water and education then that country is useles. End of story! How can you justify having a “good” economy and not able to provide basic amenities to your people?

Why do you think Norway is regarded as the richest country in the world?. Is it because of the size of their GDP? Is it because of the skyscrapers in that country? Hell no. Go to Oslo and you will surprised to see the kind of international airport the Norwegians hav3. Norway is considered a wealthy country because it takes very good of its citizens.

What is the point in having a “ good” economy if you can’t provide a good life for your citizens? I don’t get it when you nigerians jump upanddown claiming you are better than other countries. Go and look for the UN Human Development Index and see how nigeria is ranked. You will feel sorry for yourself. At the end of the day, it is all about the quality of life of the citizen.

A country that cannot provide security, 24/7 electricity, good roads, water, health care and education to its citizens is crap and useless. Quote me on this one anywhere. Many African countries are doing well in providing a good life for their people. It is a shame Nigerians don’t think having security, 24/7 electricity, good roads and water are a big deal. Perhaps your idea is to have a few folks with private jets,limousines, and throwing wild owambe parties. I guess that is how you define how rich a country is? What a shame.

I'm not here to argue or trade words rather to provide my view from practical point of views.
I have tried setting up business in some African countries and I know which is doing well while some things are relative Nigeria is still better than most African countries I repeat, you can let the UN index hinder you from carrying out proper research in setting up a business

You have to remember the subject here is about setting up a profitable business and the comparison is between African countries not Norway

Nigeria is still a shit hole country and that's the reality but I'm not here to talk about where we got it wrong ( I'm tired of complaining about that) and I'm not here to put blame on the government ( I'm also tired of that) I'm comparing Nigeria to other African countries in terms of setting up business.

You said
What is the point in having a “ good” economy if you can’t provide a good life for your citizens?

Well the good thing about it is that we know we have money and we. Just need someone to put it to good use ( without embezzling it)
And we know we are not Somalia

We can all sit down and start complaining or look at the possibilities
Re: Advice About Which Country To Migrant To As A Youth For Legal Hustling by PetroDollax: 3:24pm On Jun 06, 2019
Thank you. This is the honest, well-informed view most Nigerians need to hear. Most Nigerians are too fixed on the giant of Africa, largest economy mantra, while other African countries are steadily building their economies. I have been back in Ghana since 2010. I have seen the gradual positive changes that are happening in Ghana.

It doesn’t make sense to throw your weight around, saying I am the largest economy in Africa, and crap when your country is not only poor but has no clear agenda to move forward. Other African countries are making progress but Nigeria is stuck in the past. Some of you should travel around Africa more.

Ugosample:

foreign investors are pouring into Ghana, CIV and even Senegal in their numbers too

so the investors you see coming to Ngr is no big deal in the real sense of it compared to the sizE of the economy

The countries ailing in FDI from what I have experienced is guinea, Liberia and Sierra Leone /Burkina to an extent...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Advice About Which Country To Migrant To As A Youth For Legal Hustling by PetroDollax: 3:27pm On Jun 06, 2019
I will not waste my time on you. Whatever your plans and intentions are, just don’t come to come to a Ghana.

kakakii:

I'm not here to argue or trade words rather to provide my view from practical point of views.
I have tried setting up business in some African countries and I know which is doing well while some things are relative Nigeria is still better than most African countries I repeat, you can let the UN index hinder you from carrying out proper research in setting up a business

You have to remember the subject here is about setting up a profitable business and the comparison is between African countries not Norway

Nigeria is still a shit hole country and that's the reality but I'm not here to talk about where we got it wrong ( I'm tired of complaining about that) and I'm not here to put blame on the government ( I'm also tired of that) I'm comparing Nigeria to other African countries in terms of setting up business.

Re: Advice About Which Country To Migrant To As A Youth For Legal Hustling by kakakii: 3:31pm On Jun 06, 2019
Ugosample:

Of course the fact that we have foreign investors in Nigeria doesn't mean we won't have in other countries too.

It depends on the type of business you want to set up and your target market
Don't get me wrong Nigeria is not anywhere giant of Africa. At least I don't subscribe to that bull crap..
We have some people who think foreign investors will never look into Nigeria no matter the type of business, saying they prefer doing business in other Africa countries
Re: Advice About Which Country To Migrant To As A Youth For Legal Hustling by kakakii: 3:32pm On Jun 06, 2019
PetroDollax:
I will not waste my time on you. Whatever your plans and intentions are, just don’t come to come to a Ghana.

Brother it's not fight oo, we are just here to drop our views on things
And I have been to Accra countless time
Re: Advice About Which Country To Migrant To As A Youth For Legal Hustling by kakakii: 3:36pm On Jun 06, 2019
PetroDollax:

Oh I just went through your Post and see that you spent your whole time here defending Ghana, I trust you must be a Ghanaian.. I love your patriotism, that's another thing Nigeria doesn't have.. Nigerians on this thread should learn from you..

BTW. My GF is living in Ghana
Re: Advice About Which Country To Migrant To As A Youth For Legal Hustling by kakakii: 3:42pm On Jun 06, 2019
Ugosample:

By the way I like the way your analysis
Re: Advice About Which Country To Migrant To As A Youth For Legal Hustling by Ugosample(m): 3:50pm On Jun 06, 2019
PetroDollax:
Thank you. This is the honest, well-informed view most Nigerians need to hear. Most Nigerians are too fixed on the giant of Africa, largest economy mantra, while other African countries are steadily building their economies. I have been back in Ghana since 2010. I have seen the gradual positive changes that are happening in Ghana.

It doesn’t make sense to throw your weight around, saying I am the largest economy in Africa, and crap when your country is not only poor but has no clear agenda to move forward. Other African countries are making progress but Nigeria is stuck in the past. Some of you should travel around Africa more.

we have a bad president and that slowed out progress

Nigeria was one of the fastest growing economies in the world with so much prospects under previous govts, we elected an idiot and all of that progress has been reversed to an extent
Nigeria still have MORE business potential than the rest of West Africa out together
But the operating environment right now is not the best
we have very enterprising people BUT the laws and business climate is not the best RIGHT NOW
things could still change when a new leader comes in tho
Nigeria is NOT poor, it only has too many poor people
there is a difference

The riches in Nigeria cannot be attained by a Ghana, Ivory Coast or even a Senegal in a century
We just have more poor people, that's it. (extremely poor)
The middle class is thin; but it's more in absolute terms than say Ghana or CIV

Nigeria RIGHT now is struggling but still has potential

Ghana voting in a bad leader will equally send Ghana into a worse position that it is if care is not taken.

And your statement is true

Ghana is making steady progress.
But still needs to work on the currency aspect tho.
But Ghana is doing well.
Re: Advice About Which Country To Migrant To As A Youth For Legal Hustling by Ugosample(m): 3:52pm On Jun 06, 2019
kakakii:

Oh I just went through your Post and see that you spent your whole time here defending Ghana, I trust you must be a Ghanaian.. I love your patriotism, that's another thing Nigeria doesn't have.. Nigerians on this thread should learn from you..

BTW. My GF is living in Ghana

Pretending that all is well is not a sign of patriotism tho

Calling out the inadequacies of your country so that they will change is real patriotism.
I cannot see what is going wrong and keep quiet

You see how Americans are on Trumps neck

they could pretend all is well.....

But patriotism is not that

We love our country but things have to change

4 Likes

Re: Advice About Which Country To Migrant To As A Youth For Legal Hustling by kakakii: 3:54pm On Jun 06, 2019
Ugosample:

Pretending that all is well is not a sign of patriotism tho

Calling out the inadequacies of your country so that they will change is real patriotism.
I cannot see what is going wrong and keep quiet

You see how Americans are on Trumps neck

they could pretend all is well.....

But patriotism is not that

We love our country but things have to change
I was being sarcastic in that context
Re: Advice About Which Country To Migrant To As A Youth For Legal Hustling by Ugosample(m): 3:57pm On Jun 06, 2019
kakakii:

You said
What is the point in having a “ good” economy if you can’t provide a good life for your citizens?

Well the good thing about it is that we know we have money and we. Just need someone to put it to good use ( without embezzling it)
And we know we are not Somalia

We can all sit down and start complaining or look at the possibilities

All African countries are shitholes (Ghana inclusive, NIGERIA inclusive )
only very few can be seen as not too shitty (the likes of Morocco)

Just that some are more shitty than others e.g. South Africa being less shitty than Ghana, and Ghana being less shitty than Liberia

And some $hitholes are failed, some are failing and some have refused to fail tongue tongue

3 Likes

Re: Advice About Which Country To Migrant To As A Youth For Legal Hustling by Ugosample(m): 3:57pm On Jun 06, 2019
kakakii:
I was being sarcastic in that context
I see cheesy
Re: Advice About Which Country To Migrant To As A Youth For Legal Hustling by Gerrard59(m): 4:18pm On Jun 06, 2019
Contumely:

Who told you that a country with high currency value translates to high standard of living?

1 kuwaiti dinar equals 1008 naira.

1 dollar equals 360 naira.

Does it mean that Kuwait has higher standard of living than the US?

Sense is very far from you! Sell your 20k phone and buy sense and economics text.

If you go through my post, you'll see that I compared the currencies to the dollar not the naira. Besides, it's highly probable for a country with a low population to have a higher standard of living as evident by Nordic countries. Across the globe, most countries with high currency values have a higher standard of living. However, there exists some with low currency values with higher standards too. Maybe it's the term "automatically" that's the issue but my postulation is right.

And no, my device costs more than the stated amount and I know my basic economics very well.
Re: Advice About Which Country To Migrant To As A Youth For Legal Hustling by olioxx(m): 5:49pm On Jun 06, 2019
PetroDollax:

Very intelligent comment.
And once more Norway has a Sovereign Wealth Fund of over $1trillion, which means that a citizen has $100k , Norway is also one of the greenest countries in the world,they smash OECD records back to back, and last but not the least, their girls are beautiful with nice figure 8.
Norway, Luxembourg and Switzerland are the best countries on Earth.
Forget the expensiveness hype, these countries are just awesome.

1 Like

Re: Advice About Which Country To Migrant To As A Youth For Legal Hustling by tensazangetsu20(m): 6:04pm On Jun 06, 2019
olioxx:

Very intelligent comment.
And once more Norway has a Sovereign Wealth Fund of over $1trillion, which means that a citizen has $100k , Norway is also one of the greenest countries in the world,they smash OECD records back to back, and last but not the least, their girls are beautiful with nice figure 8.
Norway, Luxembourg and Switzerland are the best countries on Earth.
Forget the expensiveness hype, these countries are just awesome.

Have you lived in Luxembourg to come to this conclusion or just sit down and assume it is based on what you read on the internet undecided

1 Like

Re: Advice About Which Country To Migrant To As A Youth For Legal Hustling by olioxx(m): 6:06pm On Jun 06, 2019
tensazangetsu20:

Have you lived in Luxembourg to come to this conclusion or just sit down and assume it is based on what you read on the internet undecided
OK tell me why you consider Luxembourg as not a good country?
Re: Advice About Which Country To Migrant To As A Youth For Legal Hustling by tensazangetsu20(m): 6:09pm On Jun 06, 2019
olioxx:

OK tell me why you consider Luxembourg as not a good country?
I am just asking because many people on this forum paint a false livelihood of Europe thereby deceiving the younger generation to cross the desert and the Mediterranean sea for nothing. Luxembourg is insanely expensive for the average citizen. Most citizens prefer to live in Germany and then take a train to Luxembourg to work. They also have very unfriendly tax rates. I just asked what made you think it's the best country in the world.
Re: Advice About Which Country To Migrant To As A Youth For Legal Hustling by kakakii: 6:43pm On Jun 06, 2019
tensazangetsu20:

I am just asking because many people on this forum paint a false livelihood of Europe thereby deceiving the younger generation to cross the desert and the Mediterranean sea for nothing. Luxembourg is insanely expensive for the average citizen. Most citizens prefer to live in Germany and then take a train to Luxembourg to work. They also have very unfriendly tax rates. I just asked what made you think it's the best country in the world.

I did professional course few years ago, it's about statistics and how you can use data to manipulate the masses, take for example you say 4 out of 10 Nigeria citizens live in poverty, 90% of the time people will believe you.

Then last year UN released a statement saying half of Nigeria population is living below 2$ daily or so ( I can't remember), I'm as much as its true to a certain degree, the impression given in that article is that average Nigerians are beggars. 2$ is 700# and I can't count how many times I Spend below 1000# daily it doesn't mean I'm poor and doesn't mean I'm rich.

What some people fail to understand is the average cost of living in a particular country

When I was in Kenya, I was spending average of 300 Kenya shilling daily . That's around 3$ does that mean Kenya is living in abject poverty?

Nigeria is really bad and I will leave at any given legal opportunity but I will never migrate to any country below Nigeria standard economically.

No one is saying Nigeria is the most suitable place to set up a business but definitely not the worst

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Advice About Which Country To Migrant To As A Youth For Legal Hustling by tensazangetsu20(m): 7:16pm On Jun 06, 2019
kakakii:

I did professional course few years ago, it's about statistics and how you can use data to manipulate the masses, take for example you say 4 out of 10 Nigeria citizens live in poverty, 90% of the time people will believe you.

Then last year UN released a statement saying half of Nigeria population is living below 2$ daily or so ( I can't remember), I'm as much as its true to a certain degree, the impression given in that article is that average Nigerians are beggars. 2$ is 700# and I can't count how many times I Spend below 1000# daily it doesn't mean I'm poor and doesn't mean I'm rich.

What some people fail to understand is the average cost of living in a particular country

When I was in Kenya, I was spending average of 300 Kenya shilling daily . That's around 3$ does that mean Kenya is living in abject poverty?

Nigeria is really bad and I will leave at any given legal opportunity but I will never migrate to any country below Nigeria standard economically.

No one is saying Nigeria is the most suitable place to set up a business but definitely not the worst

The one that pains me most is Nigerians comparing Nigeria to the USA in everything. The USA a country that has existed for how many years. A country it's citizen fought for and built that's what a lot of Nigerians expect Nigerians to be. Funny enough this same group of people have never done anything to better Nigeria. They do not respect the law, they do not vote, they do not care about politics but they are the first to complain and abuse and swear for the country undecided. Terrible lots. There's no day I do not thank God I was born a Nigeria. It's a shithole yes but it could be worse. I could have been born in Liberia or Burundi with no life prospects at all embarassed
Re: Advice About Which Country To Migrant To As A Youth For Legal Hustling by PetroDollax: 7:44pm On Jun 06, 2019
i know nigeria very very well and I am also very well known in Nigeria, far more than most of you think. I have met several of your leaders over the years, from Babangida, Abacha, Abdulsalam, obasanjo and YarAdua. I left Nigeria when YarAdua died. i lived and owned a house in Abuja at some point. I sold my house and relocated.

nigeria by virtue of its population should be very attractive to international investors. Is that the case in reality? the reality is that no matter how promising your market is, no serious investor wants to invest in a country where people are being kidnapped left and right, where ordinary electricity is luxury, where infrastructure is falling apart, where the government doesn't seem to have a coherent plan for the country.

the current situation in nigeria is very worrying. economic growth is not matching population growth. for a country with the population of Nigeria, that is a disaster waiting to happen. this is a clear case of sitting on a time bomb.

all the lofty talk of nigeria having great potential is not what nigeria needs today. what nigeria urgently needs today is a pragmatic leader who will outline a far-reaching, coherent national policy to turn things around quickly. I have been hearing about nigeria's enormous potential since as far as I can remember. when will it become a reality? and while you are grappling with how to realise your nigerian dreams, at least you should show respect to Africa countries that are doing well economically. other african countries don't need to grown their economies to the size of nigeria's economy to give their people the good life they deserve.

nigeria is not poor but has too many poor people. how does that make sense to the 120 million nigerians considered very poor? focus on helping your people to have a good life and stop making noise all over the place. Countries in the region are feeling the dysfunction in nigeria today because your citizens are everywhere in the sub region these days, inconveniencing others.

that is my primary concern. otherwise you nigerians can continue to delude yourselves. who gives a heck?
by the way, who elected the bad president?

Ugosample:

we have a bad president and that slowed out progress

Nigeria was one of the fastest growing economies in the world with so much prospects under previous govts, we elected an idiot and all of that progress has been reversed to an extent
Nigeria still have MORE business potential than the rest of West Africa out together
But the operating environment right now is not the best
we have very enterprising people BUT the laws and business climate is not the best RIGHT NOW
things could still change when a new leader comes in tho
Nigeria is NOT poor, it only has too many poor people
there is a difference

The riches in Nigeria cannot be attained by a Ghana, Ivory Coast or even a Senegal in a century
We just have more poor people, that's it. (extremely poor)
The middle class is thin; but it's more in absolute terms than say Ghana or CIV

Nigeria RIGHT now is struggling but still has potential

Ghana voting in a bad leader will equally send Ghana into a worse position that it is if care is not taken.

And your statement is true

Ghana is making steady progress.
But still needs to work on the currency aspect tho.
But Ghana is doing well.

3 Likes

Re: Advice About Which Country To Migrant To As A Youth For Legal Hustling by olioxx(m): 9:04pm On Jun 06, 2019
tensazangetsu20:

Sorry for d late reply.
First up, I aint in Europe, still in Nigeria.
But bro, Lux is not insanely expensive. Switzerland is more expensive than Lux.
But bro, the important thing here is not really about the expensiveness, but it is more bout affordability, see ehn, if you live in, work in, and earn in their currencies, you can get by
Re: Advice About Which Country To Migrant To As A Youth For Legal Hustling by olioxx(m): 9:44am On Jun 07, 2019
tensazangetsu20:

And regarding tax, Luxembourg applies the progressive tax system, which means the more you earn, the more you pay.
Those who live in Germany or in its borders are actually Germans who come to Lux to work and return back after days job.
And yes a lot of Luxem people move over to Germany to buy groceries simply to bring down cost since they spend the same €.
German, French and Luxembourgish is their official lang, so they can relate well with their neighbour.
And I am not forcing any one to travel to Lux, I am only airing my opinion.
Lux is one of the safest, richest, greenest, most transperent, well planned country in the heart of Europe.
Let me ask you a question: If Lux is insanely expensive, why do people live there and why are more people moving there?
Just to let you know, a sizable population of Lux are immigrant.
Have you heard of Liechstestein?
Also a very good country, just that it is not popular.
Lux have it own cons, but if I had the opportuinity I would gladly move there.

1 Like

Re: Advice About Which Country To Migrant To As A Youth For Legal Hustling by Ukpebor278(m): 3:08pm On Jul 12, 2019
by legal hustle, I mean legal means of livelihood

(1) (2) (Reply)

Post A Picture Of You Abroad / Top 5 Fastest Growing Cities In Nigeria / Moving To Canada

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.