Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,843 members, 7,831,730 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 04:30 AM

Advice About Which Country To Migrant To As A Youth For Legal Hustling - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Advice About Which Country To Migrant To As A Youth For Legal Hustling (4279 Views)

Dozens Killed As Migrant Boat Capsizes Off Greece / Parenting In The UK As A Nigerian Migrant. / The Adventures Of A New UK Migrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advice About Which Country To Migrant To As A Youth For Legal Hustling by Ukpebor278(m): 6:47pm On Jun 01, 2019
confused about which country to travel to for legal hustling, please I need advice concerning this issue under the following heading
a country with high currency value
a country that has a low/medium standard of living
a country with low unemployment rate
a country that the visa acquiring process is a bit friendly
a country where u can reside as a foreigner and build a good life
Re: Advice About Which Country To Migrant To As A Youth For Legal Hustling by Joan011: 8:29am On Jun 04, 2019
Google would be the most helpful.

1 Like

Re: Advice About Which Country To Migrant To As A Youth For Legal Hustling by Rupect: 11:58am On Jun 04, 2019
What's the position of China in this category?

Hadampson:

Kuwait, Bahrain, Latvia, Jordan, and United Kingdom

Countries with low standard of living are Central African Republic, Burundi, Niger Republic, Swaziland, Sierra Leone, Congo, Eritrea and the likes

Countries with medium standard of living are Vietnam, Ukraine, Kazakhstan, Amenia, Jordan, Lithuania, Slovenia, Slovakia, Greece, Romania, Russia, Latvia, South Africa, Egypt, India, Argentina and other South American countries, Jamaica, Trinidad and Tobago and the likes

Switzerland, Luxembourg, New Zealand, Germany, Austria, Canada, USA and Australia, United Kingdom, France, Qatar

Netherlands, Germany, Scandinavian nations, Brazil, Canada, Spain, New Zealand and some South American countries

Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Netherlands, Canada, New Zealand, Australia, Scandinavian nations, United Kingdom, Northern Ireland and United States

I hope you find it helpful smiley
Re: Advice About Which Country To Migrant To As A Youth For Legal Hustling by Hadampson(m): 5:23pm On Jun 04, 2019
Rupect:
What's the position of China in this category?

Country where you can do business smiley

cc: chuckxie
Re: Advice About Which Country To Migrant To As A Youth For Legal Hustling by HeWrites(m): 5:41pm On Jun 04, 2019
Hadampson:

Country where you can do business smiley

cc: chuckxie

What of S.Korea undecided
Re: Advice About Which Country To Migrant To As A Youth For Legal Hustling by Hadampson(m): 5:49pm On Jun 04, 2019
HeWrites:

What of S.Korea undecided

Country where you can hustle grin grin

If you wan stay permanently in one Asian country, choose Japan smiley

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Advice About Which Country To Migrant To As A Youth For Legal Hustling by tensazangetsu20(m): 5:55pm On Jun 04, 2019
Hadampson:

Did you just advise central African Republic and Congo for that guy shocked
Re: Advice About Which Country To Migrant To As A Youth For Legal Hustling by Hadampson(m): 6:01pm On Jun 04, 2019
tensazangetsu20:

Did you just advise central African Republic and Congo for that guy shocked

grin grin

Are they not countries with low standard of living undecided
Re: Advice About Which Country To Migrant To As A Youth For Legal Hustling by HeWrites(m): 6:03pm On Jun 04, 2019
Hadampson:

Why Japan
Re: Advice About Which Country To Migrant To As A Youth For Legal Hustling by tensazangetsu20(m): 6:13pm On Jun 04, 2019
Hadampson:

grin grin

Are they not countries with low standard of living undecided
To me any African country aside South Africa and Egypt is just bullshit.

2 Likes

Re: Advice About Which Country To Migrant To As A Youth For Legal Hustling by Hadampson(m): 6:19pm On Jun 04, 2019
HeWrites:

Why Japan

Boss, are you trying to compare Japan with South Korea smiley

Japan has cleanlier cities, more tourist attractions, pleasant and well organized society, and more job opportunities.

The downside is that Japan has cost of living and life over there is similar to European lifestyle. You know, cool and reserved people smiley

Note that this is an experience of a friend of my brother, we call him ITUNES. The guy has been living in China for 7 good years and he has visited Seoul and Tokyo and Osaka many times.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Advice About Which Country To Migrant To As A Youth For Legal Hustling by Hadampson(m): 6:32pm On Jun 04, 2019
tensazangetsu20:

To me any African country aside South Africa and Egypt is just bullshit.

Boss, add Morocco, Namibia, Botswana and Algeria to the list.

Some African countries are actually progressing but because they are African countries, we won't look at their side.

Ugosample, do you agree to what he said?

1 Like

Re: Advice About Which Country To Migrant To As A Youth For Legal Hustling by tensazangetsu20(m): 8:30pm On Jun 04, 2019
Hadampson:

Some African countries are actually progressing but because they are African countries, we won't look at their side.

Morocco has nice Infrastructures though. I have been to like ten countries in sub Saharan Africa and I have been thanking God for making me a Nigerian ever since I got back. Even overrated shitty countries like Gabon were just horrible and terrible to live in.
Re: Advice About Which Country To Migrant To As A Youth For Legal Hustling by Gerrard59(m): 8:34pm On Jun 04, 2019
OP has to define what he terms "legal hustling". Personally, if you decide to relocate, it's advisable you follow the academic route. Study in a reputable institution, learn the language (especially if it's in Asia) and network properly.

Ukpebor278:
confused about which country to travel to for legal hustling, please I need advice concerning this issue under the following heading
a country with high currency value
a country that has a low/medium standard of living
a country with low unemployment rate
a country that the visa acquiring process is a bit friendly

a country where u can reside as a foreigner and build a good life

A country with a high currency value automatically is a country with a high standard of living. Simple economics. However, it's not always same regarding low currency values as the yen and won have somewhat low values compared to say the Swiss Franc whereas the trio have high living standards. Moreover, you should be more concerned about the ease to permanent residency and unemployment than ease of getting a visa.

Scenario: It's easier to get a visa to the UAE than Japan however the probability of getting a good job in Japan is higher than in the UAE (provided you studied in a top Japanese university and learn the language) and you can become a permanent resident/citizen than in the UAE.

I reiterate that you should define what's "legal hustling".

3 Likes

Re: Advice About Which Country To Migrant To As A Youth For Legal Hustling by Ugosample(m): 8:48pm On Jun 04, 2019
tensazangetsu20:

Morocco has nice Infrastructures though. I have been to like ten countries in sub Saharan Africa and I have been thanking God for making me a Nigerian ever since I got back. Even overrated shitty countries like Gabon were just horrible and terrible to live in.

Gabon issa disgrace

I have been to more SSA countries tho...

And it's a case of those having legs get no shoe and those having shoes get no leg...

Nigerians are enterprising people we are just unfortunate to come from from a retrogressive country with retrogressive business laaws and climate and a decayed infrastructure,, and other problems

the countries that have a semblance of good business laws and decent infrastructures and a gov't that got theur back relatively; the people are now not as entreoeising and would rather take public sector work undecided I do business in a few of these countries so I know
Nigerians in Nigeria will not understand how a good number of these countries EVEN in Africa a are leaving us behind

And with an idiot as buhari in for a second term cheesy grin
double palava
cc Hadampson nwanneni

3 Likes

Re: Advice About Which Country To Migrant To As A Youth For Legal Hustling by Ugosample(m): 8:49pm On Jun 04, 2019
Hadampson:

as a matter of fact

I dont
Re: Advice About Which Country To Migrant To As A Youth For Legal Hustling by andrew444(m): 8:53pm On Jun 04, 2019
Ugosample:

as a matter of fact

I dont

What do you think about Egypt?

How do you rate the african countries in terms of beauty of the cities like cairo, jo bourg and co?
Re: Advice About Which Country To Migrant To As A Youth For Legal Hustling by tensazangetsu20(m): 8:59pm On Jun 04, 2019
Ugosample:

Gabon issa disgrace

I have been to more SSA countries tho...

And it's a case of those having legs get no shoe and those having shoes get no leg...

Nigerians are enterprising people we are just unfortunate to come from from a retrogressive country with retrogressive business laaws and climate and a decayed infrastructure,, and other problems

the countries that have a semblance of good business laws and decent infrastructures and a gov't that got theur back relatively; the people are now not as entreoeising and would rather take public sector work undecided I do business in a few of these countries so I know
Nigerians in Nigeria will not understand how a good number of these countries EVEN in Africa a are leaving us behind

And with an idiot as buhari in for a second term cheesy grin
double palava
cc Hadampson nwanneni
How can you run a business in a country with a population of one million people and very high illiteracy rates. What is the return on investment? As horrible as Nigeria is many companies are still dying to break into this market.

1 Like

Re: Advice About Which Country To Migrant To As A Youth For Legal Hustling by olioxx(m): 9:27pm On Jun 04, 2019
Hadampson:
. Bro you are really good in this travels thing. Bravo. . Keep up the good work¿¿

1 Like

Re: Advice About Which Country To Migrant To As A Youth For Legal Hustling by Ugosample(m): 10:17pm On Jun 04, 2019
tensazangetsu20:

How can you run a business in a country with a population of one million people and very high illiteracy rates. What is the return on investment? As horrible as Nigeria is many companies are still dying to break into this market.

which country might that be with 1 million people?

It's about the buying power really btw and now the population

id rather sell in a small Switzerland for certain products than NIGERIA which is bigger, but poverty ridden...

Sometimes

SA does not have our population but have a bigger buying power on average

No gulf country is up to 60m yet given a choice btw arab and Nigerian customers /market, you know the one most people will pick...

my point is that population is NOT all that
so msny other factors come to play
like ease of doing business
And the spending power of the populace (which we both know has gone worse for Nigerians ON AVERAGE over The last 5 years, with the devaluation and other economic woes)
The FDI pouring into some countries in Africa relative to their population and all puts Nigeria to shame

We are the ones out there, we know what we are seeing....

2 Likes

Re: Advice About Which Country To Migrant To As A Youth For Legal Hustling by Ugosample(m): 10:20pm On Jun 04, 2019
andrew444:

What do you think about Egypt?

How do you rate the african countries in terms of beauty of the cities like cairo, jo bourg and co?

Business prospects in Egypt is what I don't know
but for tourism, it's has a magical charm

Jo burg is good if you have the money
but safety concerns in SOME areas is something to look into

I intend operating a unit of my business there in the near future

but I need to reach the capital requirements comfortably for the investment visa first...

but by God's grace, we go enter there

but till then...

let me keep picking coins left and right cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Advice About Which Country To Migrant To As A Youth For Legal Hustling by tensazangetsu20(m): 10:25pm On Jun 04, 2019
Ugosample:

which country might that be with 1 million people?

It's about the buying power really btw and now the population

id rather sell in a small Switzerland for certain products than NIGERIA which is bigger, but poverty ridden...

Sometimes

SA does not have our population but have a bigger buying power on average

No gulf country is up to 60m yet given a choice btw arab and Nigerian customers /market, you know the one most people will pick...

my point is that population is NOT all that
so msny other factors come to play
like ease of doing business
And the spending power of the populace (which we both know has gone worse for Nigerians ON AVERAGE over The last 5 years, with the devaluation and other economic woes)
The FDI pouring into some countries in Africa relative to their population and all puts Nigeria to shame

We are the ones out there, we know what we are seeing....
Population matters when it comes to business. Most European countries have a much higher standard of living than America but America is much better for business because of its population. India also has a large amount of poor people like Nigeria but is a hot destination for investors and businessmen alike looking to make bank off its one billion plus population. I can't build a billion dollar FMCG in Qatar even though it citizens have a lot of money but you can in Nigeria. Examples abound olam, indomie noodles et al. Nigeria with its behemoth of problems is still the best market in Africa for business of any kind.

Presently New Zealand is ranked number one for ease of doing business and America is ranked eight but where would any sensible business man rather start a business America or new Zealand undecided.
Re: Advice About Which Country To Migrant To As A Youth For Legal Hustling by Ugosample(m): 10:36pm On Jun 04, 2019
tensazangetsu20:

Population matters when it comes to business. Most European countries have a much higher standard of living than America but America is much better for business because of its population. India also has a large amount of poor people like Nigeria but is a hot destination for investors and businessmen alike looking to make bank off its one billion plus population. I can't build a billion dollar FMCG in Qatar even though it citizens have a lot of money but you can in Nigeria. Examples abound olam, indomie noodles et al. Nigeria with its behemoth of problems is still the best market in Africa for business of any kind.

like I said,

"sometimes"

And to correct you

America is better for business because of the POLICIES of America is pro business, while in Europe, it's more of curbing inequality
because the EU market is BIGGER than he American market

But American capitalist polices is good for business
get that cheesy

FMCG are not the only business moves you could make

Opening a luxury based business or even tourism business in the gulf will sell over Nigeria because of their buying power

So it's really about what you want tho

2 Likes

Re: Advice About Which Country To Migrant To As A Youth For Legal Hustling by Ugosample(m): 10:39pm On Jun 04, 2019
tensazangetsu20:

Presently New Zealand is ranked number one for ease of doing business and America is ranked eight but where would any sensible business man rather start a business America or new Zealand undecided.

starting a business in New Zealand to export elsewhere COULD do you much more good than setting up in the USA

depending on tariff, distribution and selling costs and all that

I said COULD

And yes, New Zealand COULD be better

1 Like

Re: Advice About Which Country To Migrant To As A Youth For Legal Hustling by tensazangetsu20(m): 10:54pm On Jun 04, 2019
Ugosample:

starting a business in New Zealand to export elsewhere COULD do you much more good than setting up in the USA

depending on tariff, distribution and selling costs and all that

I said COULD

And yes, New Zealand COULD be better
Export cheesy. New Zealand is cut off from almost the rest of the world. The cost of export would increase the prices of items. The population is small so you do not have a lot of cargo ships offloading and unloading like china. My own point is that in terms of doing business Nigeria surpasses all the countries in Africa except South Africa and Egypt. In terms of employment it's basically the same shit everywhere on the continent. Even South Africa with its advanced economy has very high unemployment levels.

FYI luxury businesses never scale. It could reach a peak point of a couple of millions a year but that's just it. Compare how much Toyota makes in revenue and profit a year to how much Bugatti or even common luxury brands like mercedes and BMW make. Selling or starting a luxury only item business means that you are catering to the top 10 percent where ever you are in the world.
Re: Advice About Which Country To Migrant To As A Youth For Legal Hustling by Ugosample(m): 11:16pm On Jun 04, 2019
tensazangetsu20:

Export cheesy. New Zealand is cut off from almost the rest of the world. The cost of export would increase the prices of items. The population is small so you do not have a lot of cargo ships offloading and unloading like china. My own point is that in terms of doing business Nigeria surpasses all the countries in Africa except South Africa and Egypt. In terms of employment it's basically the same shit everywhere on the continent. Even South Africa with its advanced economy has very high unemployment levels.

FYI luxury businesses never scale. It could reach a peak point of a couple of millions a year but that's just it. Compare how much Toyota makes in revenue and profit a year to how much Bugatti or even common luxury brands like mercedes and BMW make. Selling or starting a luxury only item business means that you are catering to the top 10 percent where ever you are in the world.

In terms of doing business NiggerArea surpasses all but SA and Egypt indeed tongue tongue
i have nothing more to say to you

Or...

let Me ask

Are you a business owner?
Do you do business between countries?

1 Like

Re: Advice About Which Country To Migrant To As A Youth For Legal Hustling by tensazangetsu20(m): 11:21pm On Jun 04, 2019
Ugosample:

In terms of doing business NiggerArea surpasses all but SA and Egypt indeed tongue tongue
i have nothing more to say to you

Or...

let Me ask

Are you a business owner?
Do you do business between countries?

Yeah I started a business straight out of college. I currently employ one person full time and my co founder will join the team hopefully August or beginning of September. We are looking to expand the business in future to other African countries as we started the business to solve a problem that is very much prevalent in Africa. We have had a lot of challenges but so far there has been nothing we couldn't handle.
Re: Advice About Which Country To Migrant To As A Youth For Legal Hustling by Ugosample(m): 11:25pm On Jun 04, 2019
tensazangetsu20:

Yeah I started a business straight out of college. I currently employ one person full time and my co founder will join the team hopefully August or beginning of September. We are looking to expand the business in future to other African countries as we started the business to solve a problem that is very much prevalent in Africa. We have had a lot of challenges but so far there has been nothing we couldn't handle.

That is VERY good...

so you are talking from a practical angle...

I can see that.

All the best in your endeavours

1 Like

Re: Advice About Which Country To Migrant To As A Youth For Legal Hustling by tensazangetsu20(m): 11:31pm On Jun 04, 2019
Ugosample:

That is VERY good...

so you are talking from a practical angle...

I can see that.

All the best in your endeavours

Yeah. I had my four year degree in Ghana and have worked in some African countries. I started my business as a part time gig to just give me some spare cash. I got a job and quit the job to come run the business. I know the progress we have made but it's so small compared to what others are doing. There are guys in Nigeria who aren't even up to 25 doing businesses turning over up to 50 million naira a month. High end tech businesses here are raising millions of dollars from outside investors looking to break into the Nigerian market. Presently in terms of raising outside western capital Nigeria ranks first. Many countries in Africa have no even been awoken to that stage yet. It's hard here alright but in terms of business Nigeria offers more opportunities than other countries especially with its large market.

2 Likes

Re: Advice About Which Country To Migrant To As A Youth For Legal Hustling by Ugosample(m): 11:54pm On Jun 04, 2019
tensazangetsu20:

Yeah. I had my four year degree in Ghana and have worked in some African countries. I started my business as a part time gig to just give me some spare cash. I got a job and quit the job to come run the business. I know the progress we have made but it's so small compared to what others are doing. There are guys in Nigeria who aren't even up to 25 doing businesses turning over up to 50 million naira a month. High end tech businesses here are raising millions of dollars from outside investors looking to break into the Nigerian market. Presently in terms of raising outside western capital Nigeria ranks first. Many countries in Africa have no even been awoken to that stage yet. It's hard here alright but in terms of business Nigeria offers more opportunities than other countries especially with its large market.

oh..
so you have a Ghana connection too....

That is good
so how do you see the investment climate in Ghana in comparison with Nigeria
(I'm assuming you graduated less than 5 to 6 years ago)
Re: Advice About Which Country To Migrant To As A Youth For Legal Hustling by tensazangetsu20(m): 12:11am On Jun 05, 2019
Ugosample:

oh..
so you have a Ghana connection too....

That is good
so how do you see the investment climate in Ghana in comparison with Nigeria
(I'm assuming you graduated less than 5 to 6 years ago)

I graduated two years ago actually. Nigeria has a lot more investable opportunities than Ghana. Nigeria also has a higher purchasing power than Ghana. The Nigerian economy has a purchasing power parity of one trillion dollars (26th largest worldwide). However starting a business in Ghana especially in retail is not as easy as it used to be. The government asks that you bring a million dollars upfront for initial investment funny enough investing the same amount in the USA or Singapore would give you citizenship. Some people might go out of the way and do things their own way but it always comes back to bite.

Tax rate is also much higher in Ghana and there's a lot of bereaucracy if you intend to do things the right way. This bureaucracy also involves a whole lot of money. Import duties are also very high which means that no matter what you do your goods will be expensive that's why things are so expensive in Ghana down to even a bottle of coke.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Kano Nigeria's Largest State And The Second Substantial Pride Of Nigeria / Discover How To Obtain Georgia Dual Citizenship / How Do I Get To NIMC State Office 232 Aba road, Portharcourt.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.