Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,172 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:27 AM

Deontay Wilder Sends Scathing Message To Anthony Joshua After Andy Ruiz Defeat - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Deontay Wilder Sends Scathing Message To Anthony Joshua After Andy Ruiz Defeat (64306 Views)

I'll Get My Belts Back, Says Anthony Joshua After Being Floored Four Times / Anthony Joshua Loses to Andy Ruiz Jr. Knocked Out In The 7th Round (Pics) / Anthony Joshua Vs Andy Ruiz Jr: Live At Madison Square Garden (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Deontay Wilder Sends Scathing Message To Anthony Joshua After Andy Ruiz Defeat by WilliamsChelster(m): 8:02am On Jun 02, 2019
Chai bros grin grin
emmamajesty:
That is Afonjas for u
they can disappoint or betrayed u when u needed them most
Re: Deontay Wilder Sends Scathing Message To Anthony Joshua After Andy Ruiz Defeat by eluquenson(m): 8:03am On Jun 02, 2019
So boxing is now a match fixing game, it's apparent these people are just playing with our time and money.

3 Likes

Re: Deontay Wilder Sends Scathing Message To Anthony Joshua After Andy Ruiz Defeat by drey076(m): 8:03am On Jun 02, 2019
I still respect AJ, he will bounce back
Re: Deontay Wilder Sends Scathing Message To Anthony Joshua After Andy Ruiz Defeat by BENARI: 8:05am On Jun 02, 2019
romeorailss:

Na your way ... all the while he was winning. U were busy famzing. Now he lost u busy running your mouth angry
Pls kindly direct your frustration to Andy Ruiz.

I'm busy celebrating
Re: Deontay Wilder Sends Scathing Message To Anthony Joshua After Andy Ruiz Defeat by DeeMain(m): 8:08am On Jun 02, 2019
azpekuliar:

He is! Boxing is about styles and we have seen his slugger wild swinging style before, in the great George Foreman! It’s nothing new.

Naa! Foreman was a combo of power, control and technique. Wilder is power, no control, no technique. Just a wild swin.ger who hopes to land the fatal one.

4 Likes

Re: Deontay Wilder Sends Scathing Message To Anthony Joshua After Andy Ruiz Defeat by Carlyboi(m): 8:10am On Jun 02, 2019
I
Saltybear:

See this drug addict

It's your type that went to report wilder to the IBF online for saying he wanted to kill someone in the ring ..

Why has AJ been running from fighting wilder for years ??

After this fight AJ was automatically slotted to fight Wilder in a title. Defense fight but now he avoided it same way and and his team tried to get the ibf to ban wilder

Such a dirty coward Aj is !! He is scare of this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DlG0Rpcduig
oga foh with you bullshit joor how many big and major fighters has your diarrhea mouthed wilder fought sef asides fury who they even robbed to make it a draw in wilders favor if no be say na US ni the nigga for the chop him first defeat that same day anyways the guy has the floor now he can finally go after the belts and let us rest with his AJ agenda

1 Like

Re: Deontay Wilder Sends Scathing Message To Anthony Joshua After Andy Ruiz Defeat by Alanpoza007: 8:10am On Jun 02, 2019
Gozzzy:
At last those loud mouthed Yoruba people running mouth before the match about how invincible and undefeatable AJ is, can now bury their heads and keep shut!!!
You're shameless and jealous. I know haters like you have been sad over the years that a Yoruba man could be the heavyweight champion of the world. Mohammed Ali, Tyson and all other great fighters had their low moments just like AJ is having now, but simpletons like you do not see beyond this childish Afonja conehead and Igbo tribalist nonsense all over nairaland.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Deontay Wilder Sends Scathing Message To Anthony Joshua After Andy Ruiz Defeat by elemagoon(m): 8:11am On Jun 02, 2019
deebrain:
In the life of champions, mistakes do happen.

Every legend you respect today had his low moments.(let's not forget the miracles of sports fixing).

It depends on the champion, not on the commentators. Many were just waiting for this to happen and you wonder who deserves hell - whether the devil or they themselves.

Trust Nigerians of this generation, who were connecting Anthony Joshua to their roots, to now allow their emotions to cloud dignity and throw him to the dogs.

This is one low moment for AJ. Even if it's all he has to offer, he has had an enviable record and achievement.

To everyone that turns AJ to a reproach cos of this loss, check your life. You are a selfish, wicked and good for nothing person.

If it's sports fixing, time will tell. If it's personal issues, it will be shown. If it's a clear loss, AJ will come back better.
Thank you. In life there are ups and downs... I STAND WITH ANTHONY JOSHUA AND AM SUPREMELY CONFIDENT HE WILL RE-EMERGE BETTER AND VICTORIOUS. AND WHAT THE HELL EVEN IF HE CAN NO LONGER REPLICATE HIS IMPRESSIVE FEATS (GOD FORBIDS) I STILL STAND PROUD WITH ANTHONY JOSHUA.
Re: Deontay Wilder Sends Scathing Message To Anthony Joshua After Andy Ruiz Defeat by Born2Breed(f): 8:12am On Jun 02, 2019
Never underestimate bloated abs.

AJ's chiseled abs were just a waste.
Re: Deontay Wilder Sends Scathing Message To Anthony Joshua After Andy Ruiz Defeat by Alanpoza007: 8:13am On Jun 02, 2019
emmamajesty:
That is Afonjas for u
they can disappoint or betrayed u when u needed them most
You must be a kid. A boxer losing a fight has become betrayal to you. Greats like Tyson and Alli who lost fights must have betrayed you too. Produce somehow from your jealous tribe who can emulate AJ's record or keep shut forever.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Deontay Wilder Sends Scathing Message To Anthony Joshua After Andy Ruiz Defeat by charlesELIKIBA: 8:13am On Jun 02, 2019
AJ is no match for wilder.

wilder is an assassin in the ring.... he gets the job done.
Re: Deontay Wilder Sends Scathing Message To Anthony Joshua After Andy Ruiz Defeat by eubee01: 8:13am On Jun 02, 2019
x6blade:
Where are those kids comparing Anthony Joshua to Mohamed Ali?
Boxing was a joy to watch in the time of
Gorge foreman
Joe Frazier
Mohamed Ali
Sugar Ray bill
Evander holifield
Mike Tyson
Not this rubbish child's play we are seeing now .

Have u ever tried to box ? You’d know better if you even visit a training camp

1 Like

Re: Deontay Wilder Sends Scathing Message To Anthony Joshua After Andy Ruiz Defeat by Muhylonaire(m): 8:15am On Jun 02, 2019
Some of you will be saying nonsense and you ain't know no shit about boxing...
Anybody in the heavyweight division is a boss..
Check this Andy RUIZ stats then you will know he is also good.
Talking trash about AJ is not making sense, the fact that dude lose a match doesn't make him lesser champion.. Even Muhammed Ali who has been regarded as the best boxing has ever produced lost 5 career matches... So think well.
I stand with AJ

5 Likes

Re: Deontay Wilder Sends Scathing Message To Anthony Joshua After Andy Ruiz Defeat by Nobody: 8:15am On Jun 02, 2019
BENARI:
Olufemi Joshua!!!! grin grin grin
Where are those his kinsmen?

Make una come eat o! Food is ready.

So u're happy coz of someone's downfall right?

Funny this is coming 4rm u coz nobody in ur lineage ever got a chance to appear on NTA - not to talk of CNN, BBC, SKYSPORT or watched by millions of people all over the world. grin grin grin

Yes, AJ is my homeboy. I can't deny him....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Deontay Wilder Sends Scathing Message To Anthony Joshua After Andy Ruiz Defeat by Seunnzy(m): 8:15am On Jun 02, 2019
Saltybear:

Shut. Up.

The next fight was to be against Wilder for the title so he smartly avoided it as he has been running from. Wilder for years because of this

bros is that ur YouTube channel
Re: Deontay Wilder Sends Scathing Message To Anthony Joshua After Andy Ruiz Defeat by tomdon(m): 8:16am On Jun 02, 2019
x6blade:
Gorge foreman
Joe Frazier
Mohamed Ali
Sugar Ray bill
Evander holifield
Mike Tyson

All these people you listed lost fights during their career. They didn't even have 20 matches unbeaten. So what is your point exactly??

2 Likes

Re: Deontay Wilder Sends Scathing Message To Anthony Joshua After Andy Ruiz Defeat by mixta140: 8:17am On Jun 02, 2019
bentwood85:

please remove wilder's name from that list... He is not a good boxer..
My brother God go bless you, that wilder na trash, na just foul blow after that nothing, no technic at all.
Ruiz is a good , very good counter puncher.
I don't think the match is fixed, but still think something is wrong with AJ, even before getting into the ring
Re: Deontay Wilder Sends Scathing Message To Anthony Joshua After Andy Ruiz Defeat by autonomous22: 8:19am On Jun 02, 2019
Why Anthony Joshua go fight person wey get body pass am..
Re: Deontay Wilder Sends Scathing Message To Anthony Joshua After Andy Ruiz Defeat by mixta140: 8:19am On Jun 02, 2019
valacious:
The sudden change of opponent also caused this loss. As a champ you need enough time to study your opponent...also Joshua likes dragging fights to four five rounds in other to make fans enjoy their spend before finishing off his opponents, this too backfired.
Joshua can also be too nice in the ring.. I wish him luck for the rematch. His demands just dropped with Wilder. He also doesn't appear psychologically fit for this fight.
You so right

1 Like

Re: Deontay Wilder Sends Scathing Message To Anthony Joshua After Andy Ruiz Defeat by iammiracle1(m): 8:19am On Jun 02, 2019
Jaqenhghar:

It wont happen anymore. Whats the motivation? AJ no titles .... Wilder would prefer to face Luiz now... and is more likely to beat him and become the undisputed. AJ had his chance. The only way out is if he can get a rematch and reclaim the titles back.

Triggered the clause already...smart move to have included it

1 Like

Re: Deontay Wilder Sends Scathing Message To Anthony Joshua After Andy Ruiz Defeat by sapientia(m): 8:21am On Jun 02, 2019
x6blade:
Gorge foreman
Joe Frazier
Mohamed Ali
Sugar Ray bill
Evander holifield
Mike Tyson

Honestly, do you know I was thinking AJ was a light weight oo..

Till I read this your comment and have to re-check again.

Never bothered.
Re: Deontay Wilder Sends Scathing Message To Anthony Joshua After Andy Ruiz Defeat by Mariangeles(f): 8:26am On Jun 02, 2019
DMerciful:
It wasnt overconfidence, it was rather underconfidence. he should have been more confident and ruthless but he was unnecesarily nice. If you watch his interview before the match you will know.
I don't think it's over confidence.
Rather, it's an awakening for him to raise his bar to a higher level...he's being in that zone for quite some time now .
Besides, he was bound to lose sometime...

2 Likes

Re: Deontay Wilder Sends Scathing Message To Anthony Joshua After Andy Ruiz Defeat by mixta140: 8:26am On Jun 02, 2019
Punishment1:
I'm glad that AJ got exposed for being a hypejob. He's always been a stiff, robotic fighter with a glass chin, and tonight proved it. If that was Wilder hitting AJ, he would have DIED.
Wilder should have ruiz b4 AJ na. He can't fight he got 4 belts na beans, wilder will kill wilder will kill he only got 1 belt, wilder sick or get typhoid ni when AJ won those belt gradually
Re: Deontay Wilder Sends Scathing Message To Anthony Joshua After Andy Ruiz Defeat by VCE45(m): 8:27am On Jun 02, 2019
Drake curse is real
Re: Deontay Wilder Sends Scathing Message To Anthony Joshua After Andy Ruiz Defeat by mixta140: 8:28am On Jun 02, 2019
Saltybear:

Shut up

Stupid person AJ was a fraud from time

Picking fake weak opponents
he and his team have been running from fighting wilder for years i have been saying it media have been saying it

AJ is not a champion he was a made up story !! A fake but fairies like you don't see it because you are gay and are attracted to his looks

This is what Wilder does to his opponents

Why did Anthony Joshua's team try to get Wilder banned
Picking fake opponents and got 4 belts

1 Like

Re: Deontay Wilder Sends Scathing Message To Anthony Joshua After Andy Ruiz Defeat by JustHector(m): 8:30am On Jun 02, 2019
Either this match was FIXED, or Drake's CURSE is real.....Am more inclined to go with the former....

1 Like

Re: Deontay Wilder Sends Scathing Message To Anthony Joshua After Andy Ruiz Defeat by kingmann(m): 8:31am On Jun 02, 2019
pDudd:
The Mexican cartel paid Anthony Joshua to toss that fight. How can that obese, short, unfit boxer who looks like a bowl of eba say confidently that he beat AJ without it being a tossed fight.

If you know you know.
Shut up your, check out that Ruiz other and many other people he has knocked out
Re: Deontay Wilder Sends Scathing Message To Anthony Joshua After Andy Ruiz Defeat by drskyfly007(m): 8:32am On Jun 02, 2019
tactius:

Were you present at the meeting where the payments were made?

AJ lost because AJ was not ready enough. Full stop
guy anything is possible with those drug lords!
Re: Deontay Wilder Sends Scathing Message To Anthony Joshua After Andy Ruiz Defeat by Neurotika: 8:33am On Jun 02, 2019
I’ve always had my doubts about this A.J guy. He probably thought big muscles was a major advantage in boxing. Not too suprised anyway....But that isn’t a way a ‘champion’ loses. 4 embarrassing K.Os suffered in the hands of a fat, unfit looking and shorter dude. Sadly there’s no heavyweight boxer currently in this era (including wilder) that is worthy of untying the shoes laces of the likes of Holyfield, Tyson, Foreman etc. Boxing is dead ladies and gentlemen....a moment of silence.

1 Like

Re: Deontay Wilder Sends Scathing Message To Anthony Joshua After Andy Ruiz Defeat by jiggyman(m): 8:34am On Jun 02, 2019
he lost ni yen

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

John Fashanu And Wife Abigail In Divorce Mess / Anthony Joshua Speaking Yoruba Language In Joyous Mood / EPL: Details Of Man City’s Contract For Cristiano Ronaldo Revealed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.