Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,846 members, 7,820,948 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:36 AM

Why Do We Always Inherite Only Ancestral Curses And Not Blessings - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do We Always Inherite Only Ancestral Curses And Not Blessings (2632 Views)

Can A Born Again Christian Be Affected By Past Curses And Ancestral Bondages? / 10 Prayer Points To Break  Family Curses And Patterns / Bishop David Oyedepo Curses Fulani Herdsmen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do We Always Inherite Only Ancestral Curses And Not Blessings by shortgun(m): 9:37am On Jun 02, 2019
I've been wondering why we Christians in this part of the world are always praying, fasting and fighting against Ancestral Curses almost all our lives yet we don't pray for Ancestral Blessings.

From the Bible you will always see where the children of Israel benefited from blessings of their ancestors even when the ancestors were never Christians.
Does it mean that our Ancestors are pure evils without anything good in them?

Are our Ancestors devils and demons? yet we still have their blood in us and we have the capacity to do good.

I don't believe that everyone in my bloodline are devils with no capacity for doing good.

6 Likes

Re: Why Do We Always Inherite Only Ancestral Curses And Not Blessings by Aphroditee(f): 9:39am On Jun 02, 2019
I'm wondering too. paying for something we know nothing about

1 Like

Re: Why Do We Always Inherite Only Ancestral Curses And Not Blessings by madridguy(m): 9:50am On Jun 02, 2019
So deep.

4 Likes

Re: Why Do We Always Inherite Only Ancestral Curses And Not Blessings by Uyi168: 10:16am On Jun 02, 2019
For me, we neither inherit ancestral blessings nor curses..

4 Likes

Re: Why Do We Always Inherite Only Ancestral Curses And Not Blessings by shortgun(m): 10:17am On Jun 02, 2019
Aphroditee:
I'm wondering too.
paying for something we know nothing about
Thought I was the only one.
Go to all our churches this prayer point is repeated all the time.
Re: Why Do We Always Inherite Only Ancestral Curses And Not Blessings by MJBOLT: 10:27am On Jun 02, 2019
praying against ancestral curses is one of the many tools pastors in africa use to deceive people,they tell you that your ancestors worshipped false gods and did terrible things which brought curses on them and their generation but in europe and america you will never see them praying against ancestral curses.

10 Likes

Re: Why Do We Always Inherite Only Ancestral Curses And Not Blessings by shortgun(m): 11:03am On Jun 02, 2019
MJBOLT:
praying against ancestral curses is one of the many tools pastors in africa use to deceive people,they tell you that your ancestors worshipped false gods and did terrible things which brought curses on them and their generation but in europe and america you will never see them praying against ancestral curses.
The forefathers of the Israelites also worshipped false gods.
It makes no logical or spiritual sense to vilify our own Ancestors and pray for other people's forefathers blessings.

5 Likes

Re: Why Do We Always Inherite Only Ancestral Curses And Not Blessings by Urhobokwaleboy(m): 11:21am On Jun 02, 2019
A nigga once said:hmmm this is deep. Am coming let me ask my pastor that always bring such prayer point

But first gats some inhaling to take care of

Re: Why Do We Always Inherite Only Ancestral Curses And Not Blessings by amstardi: 11:30am On Jun 02, 2019
Urhobokwaleboy:
A nigga once said:hmmm this is deep. Am coming let me ask my pastor that always bring such prayer point

But first gats some inhaling to take care of
is it sold in NIGERIA, this weed
Re: Why Do We Always Inherite Only Ancestral Curses And Not Blessings by sinaj(f): 11:38am On Jun 02, 2019
MJBOLT:
go to Europe and America like you lived in these places before and know their in and out grin grin grin

This curse of a thing is everywhere, its just that westerners know how to manage their problems properly and hide ugly things about them from the media or outsiders unlike us.

Btw this same Europeans burn incest and practice exorcism. Im sure they dont do this for fun or entertainment but for spiritual use which may include curses.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do We Always Inherite Only Ancestral Curses And Not Blessings by Mizwisdom(f): 12:06pm On Jun 02, 2019
shortgun:
I've been wondering why we Christians in this part of the world are always praying, fasting and fighting against Ancestral Curses almost all our lives yet we don't pray for Ancestral Blessings.

From the Bible you will always see where the children of Israel benefited from blessings of their ancestors even when the ancestors were never Christians.

Are our Ancestors devils and demons? yet we still have their blood in us and we have the capacity to do good.

I don't believe that everyone in my bloodline are devils with no capacity for doing good.

Very good question, we need more topics like this. Straight to the point, I see some people who appear to be walking in favor without doing anything visible that one can say led to it, this makes me believe that they're under a covenant of blessing. It exists even in Nigeria but as usual what we tend to focus on is ancestral curses(which also exists) but there's no money to be made from the former only the later needs to be handled.

There are some families where they are all affluent and live healthy until old age, they see their descendants and all are prospering. This is a result of favor from their foundation as a result of their ancestors, but for others it's the opposite, as usual everything is turned into opportunities for business that's why you'll see some Alphas, Pastors, Native doctors all trying to cash in, breaking the curses for a handsome fee
Re: Why Do We Always Inherite Only Ancestral Curses And Not Blessings by MJBOLT: 12:08pm On Jun 02, 2019
they burn incest and do exorcism to cast out demons,i've seen different european and american pastors preach but i have never seen any of them pray against ancestral curses

sinaj:
go to Europe and America like you lived in these places before and know their in and out grin grin grin

This curse of a thing is everywhere, its just that westerners know how to manage their problems properly and hide ugly things about them from the media or outsiders unlike us.

Btw this same Europeans burn incest and practice exorcism. Im sure they dont do this for fun or entertainment but for spiritual use which may include curses.

4 Likes

Re: Why Do We Always Inherite Only Ancestral Curses And Not Blessings by CAPSLOCKED: 12:30pm On Jun 02, 2019
Uyi168:
For me, we neither inherit ancestral blessings nor curses..

CURSES ARE A WASTE OF FREE SPEECH. THEY PRODUCE ZERO EFFECTS.

IF CURSES WORKED WE'LL SIMPLY GATHER AS A NATION AND CURSE TERRORISTS. BUT WE'RE SPENDING MILLIONS TO FIGHT BH, FULANI MILITIA, KIDNAPPERS AND ROBBERS BY ACQUIRING PHYSICAL WEAPONS BECAUSE WE KNOW BETTER.

ONLY THE WORST CLOWNS BELIEVE IN THINGS THAT CANNOT BE PRACTICALIZED.

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Do We Always Inherite Only Ancestral Curses And Not Blessings by sinaj(f): 12:55pm On Jun 02, 2019
MJBOLT:
they burn incest and do exorcism to cast out demons,i've seen different european and american pastors preach but i have never seen any of them pray against ancestral curses

They do, but they may not call it 'Ancestral curse', but rather say 'Sins of our Fathers'.

1 Like

Re: Why Do We Always Inherite Only Ancestral Curses And Not Blessings by Uyi168: 1:09pm On Jun 02, 2019
CAPSLOCKED:

IF CURSES WORKED WE'LL SIMPLY GATHER AS A NATION AND CURSE TERRORISTS. BUT WE'RE SPENDING MILLIONS TO FIGHT BH, FULANI MILITIA, KIDNAPPERS AND ROBBERS BY ACQUIRING PHYSICAL WEAPONS BECAUSE WE KNOW BETTER.

Capslocked,do u know that I always look forward to ur comment?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do We Always Inherite Only Ancestral Curses And Not Blessings by shortgun(m): 2:01pm On Jun 02, 2019
CAPSLOCKED:

Don't talk about what you are ignorant about . That u don't know a thing doesn't mean it doesn't exist..
Curses n blessings are real....I used to talk like u until I had an encounter. That u can't see electric current in a wire doesn't mean it's not there....u will get the shock of ur life when u touch the wire.....This is called encounter.

5 Likes

Re: Why Do We Always Inherite Only Ancestral Curses And Not Blessings by shortgun(m): 2:06pm On Jun 02, 2019
Mizwisdom:

Very good question, we need more topics like this. Straight to the point, I see some people who appear to be walking in favor without doing anything visible that one can say led to it, this makes me believe that they're under a covenant of blessing. It exists even in Nigeria but as usual what we tend to focus on is ancestral curses(which also exists) but there's no money to be made from the former only the later needs to be handled.

There are some families where they are all affluent and live healthy until old age, they see their descendants and all are prospering. This is a result of favor from their foundation as a result of their ancestors, but for others it's the opposite, as usual everything is turned into opportunities for business that's why you'll see some Alphas, Pastors, Native doctors all trying to cash in, breaking the curses for a handsome fee
You are right, there are families that are just blessed, they don't struggle or work hard for anything.
Things will always work in their favour.

1 Like

Re: Why Do We Always Inherite Only Ancestral Curses And Not Blessings by Mizwisdom(f): 2:36pm On Jun 02, 2019
CAPSLOCKED:

This is the most ignorant comment I've read in many years. Go and ask Balaam if curses exist or not. So you an atheist, me a Christian, another Muslim group, and native doctors, all of us practising different faith and serving different gods should all come together in one accord and curse Fulani herdsmen/Boko Haram?, so which of the gods will respond to our prayers? For us Christians such prayers will remain unanswered because our God doesn't like rivalry.
Re: Why Do We Always Inherite Only Ancestral Curses And Not Blessings by omoowhe: 3:09pm On Jun 02, 2019
Re: Why Do We Always Inherite Only Ancestral Curses And Not Blessings by payosehtor(m): 3:52pm On Jun 02, 2019
At least no one is ignorant of the lifestyle of our forefathers or immediate parents,
if you don't know of yours, maybe you need to inquire. how many of our parent lived clean, pure and just? my immediate junior refused to Mary from our tribe, when I asked him y, he simply told me "even if I don't know all Tiv women, at least I know my mother"
now what blessing do you think that boy will pray to inherit from that his mother if not "God, have Marcy on me" if my junior could say that against my mother, do you think me I have a contrary opinion?
in short , live pure life, even if you poor, your offspring will enjoy favour
Re: Why Do We Always Inherite Only Ancestral Curses And Not Blessings by payosehtor(m): 4:12pm On Jun 02, 2019
biblically.11Sam 21:1-10 when David took over from king soul, there were famine for 3yrs, when David enquired of the lord why, he was told it's like that cuz of the sin(s) of his predecessor.
to cut it short ,7 of soul's family were killed, only the crippled child of Bro Jonathan was speared and lifted to divine with kings.
GO AND CHECK HOW JUST WAS BRO JONA COMPARED TO HIS WICKED FATHER.AFTER, COME AND TELL ME IF JONNATHAN'S SON HAS TO PRAY AGAINST PARENTAL CURSES . CHEERS
Re: Why Do We Always Inherite Only Ancestral Curses And Not Blessings by payosehtor(m): 4:20pm On Jun 02, 2019
shortgun:

You are right, there are families that are just blessed, they don't struggle or work hard for anything.
Things will always work in their favour.

exactly what I am saying.Jonathan's offspring needed no strangle in life, not cuz his father stored billions for him.
Re: Why Do We Always Inherite Only Ancestral Curses And Not Blessings by payosehtor(m): 4:26pm On Jun 02, 2019
CAPSLOCKED:

I don't expect anything different from what you have written. I know the school of thought you belong to.IS IT NOT CAPSLOCKED?
Re: Why Do We Always Inherite Only Ancestral Curses And Not Blessings by CAPSLOCKED: 4:29pm On Jun 02, 2019
shortgun:

Don't talk about what you are ignorant about . That u don't know a thing doesn't mean it doesn't exist..
Curses n blessings are real....I used to talk like u until I had an encounter. That u can't see electric current in a wire doesn't mean it's not there....u will get the shock of ur life when u touch the wire.....This is called encounter.

ELECTRICAL CURRENT IN MY KITCHEN IN BORNO IS STILL ELECTRICAL CURRENT IN BUCKINGHAM.
IT CAN BE TESTED, TRUSTED, AND PROVEN.

YOU CAN'T SAY THE SAME THING ABOUT YOUR SO CALLED CURSES.

I ASK AGAIN. WHY DO WE VOTE IN AN ELECTION AS A NATION, INSTEAD OF CURSE POLITICIANS OUT OF OFFICE? OR CURSE HOODLUMS AND CRIMINALS?

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do We Always Inherite Only Ancestral Curses And Not Blessings by CAPSLOCKED: 4:30pm On Jun 02, 2019
Mizwisdom:

This is the most ignorant comment I've read in many years. Go and ask Balaam if curses exist or not.

MY COMMENT IS IGNORANT, BUT TO KNOW IF CURSES ARE TRUE I SHOULD ASK BALAAM? BALAAM WHO EXISTED ALMOST 4,000 YEARS AGO ACCORDING TO THE BIBLE... HE'S THE ONE I SHOULD GO AND CONFIRM FROM, IF CURSES ARE TRUE OR NOT. AND YOU SAY YOUR NAME IS "MISS WISDOM"?
THERE'S NOTHING WISE ABOUT YOU JARE. cheesy

Mizwisdom:
So you an atheist, me a Christian, another Muslim group, and native doctors, all of us practising different faith and serving different gods should all come together in one accord and curse Fulani herdsmen/Boko Haram?, so which of the gods will respond to our prayers?

SO WHICH OF THE GODS REPLY TO OUR NATIONAL PRAYERS WHEN WE PRAY FOR A BETTER NIGERIA AND FOR BETTER LEADERS? YOU DON SHOOT YOURSELF O cheesy

Mizwisdom:
For us Christians such prayers will remain unanswered because our God doesn't like rivalry.

GOD DOESNT LIKE RIVALRY IS YOUR EXCUSE. FINE.
ALL OTHER GODS DON'T LIKE RIVALRY TOO. AND PEOPLE FROM ALL RELIGIONS PRAY TO THEIR DIFFERENT GODS FOR THE SAME THINGS, BUT THESE GODS JUST FOLD THEIR ARMS WITHOUT DOING JACK BECAUSE.. THEY ALL DON'T LIKE RIVALRY.

THAT'S EXACTLY WHY CURSES AND PRAYERS WILL NEVER WORK. GODS DON'T LIKE RIVALRY. WHAT AN EXCUSE!

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do We Always Inherite Only Ancestral Curses And Not Blessings by CAPSLOCKED: 4:40pm On Jun 02, 2019
Uyi168:
Capslocked,do u know that I always look forward to ur comment?

I DON'T KNOW. BUT HAVE YOU CONSIDERED BUYING ME A BEER SOMETIME SOON? cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Why Do We Always Inherite Only Ancestral Curses And Not Blessings by payosehtor(m): 4:45pm On Jun 02, 2019
shortgun:

What becomes of you is dependent on how your parent lived and played their life.
But you SHORTGUN, you have the capacity to change by drowing a line like the "soul/Jonathan"scenario I 've sited above,though you the "line drower " way not necessarily benefit from it but your lineage will
Re: Why Do We Always Inherite Only Ancestral Curses And Not Blessings by Uyi168: 5:33pm On Jun 02, 2019
CAPSLOCKED:

I DON'T KNOW. BUT HAVE YOU CONSIDERED BUYING ME A BEER SOMETIME SOON? cheesy
Are u based in Benin?
Re: Why Do We Always Inherite Only Ancestral Curses And Not Blessings by shortgun(m): 7:11pm On Jun 02, 2019
CAPSLOCKED:

ELECTRICAL CURRENT IN MY KITCHEN IN BORNO IS STILL ELECTRICAL CURRENT IN BUCKINGHAM.
IT CAN BE TESTED, TRUSTED, AND PROVEN.

YOU CAN'T SAY THE SAME THING ABOUT YOUR SO CALLED CURSES.

I ASK AGAIN. WHY DO WE VOTE IN AN ELECTION AS A NATION, INSTEAD OF CURSE POLITICIANS OUT OF OFFICE? OR CURSE HOODLUMS AND CRIMINALS?
Comprehension is key bro....what I meant is that if u don't believe u will get a shock when u touch a live wire and u had never had an encounter with a live wire... Current to you doesn't exist.
Take space for instance....you believe that space exists because u choose to.
You have never been to space.
You have never felt space.
You have never touched it.
You have never seen space.
You were only told and u believed.
Re: Why Do We Always Inherite Only Ancestral Curses And Not Blessings by CAPSLOCKED: 8:15pm On Jun 02, 2019
shortgun:

Comprehension is key bro....what I meant is that if u don't believe u will get a shock when u touch a live wire and u had never had an encounter with a live wire... Current to you doesn't exist.
Take space for instance....you believe that space exists because u choose to.
You have never been to space.
You have never felt space.
You have never touched it.
You have never seen space.
You were only told and u believed.

I DON'T "BELIEVE". WE "KNOW" BECAUSE OF YEARS OF REPLICABLE PRACTICAL EXPERIMENTS.

WHEN ARE WE EXPERIMENTING FOR JUJU OR ANCESTRAL CURSE ON A GLOBAL LEVEL?

YOU'RE A DÙLL MAN I'M NOT GOING TO ENGAGE YOU AGAIN.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do We Always Inherite Only Ancestral Curses And Not Blessings by MJBOLT: 8:30pm On Jun 02, 2019
you should have ignored him when he typed you have never seen space,maybe the stars and moon we see at night come from our imagination

CAPSLOCKED:

I DON'T "BELIEVE". WE "KNOW" BECAUSE OF YEARS OF REPLICABLE PRACTICAL EXPERIMENTS.

WHEN ARE WE EXPERIMENTING FOR JUJU OR ANCESTRAL CURSE ON A GLOBAL LEVEL?

YOU'RE A DÙLL MAN I'M NOT GOING TO ENGAGE YOU AGAIN.

5 Likes

Re: Why Do We Always Inherite Only Ancestral Curses And Not Blessings by shortgun(m): 10:32pm On Jun 02, 2019
MJBOLT:
you should have ignored him when he typed you have never seen space,maybe the stars and moon we see at night come from our imagination

Olodo star is not space.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Marry A Virgin And Stay Married All Your Life / . / 3 Reasons Why Theism Is Irrational Compared To Atheism

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.