Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,592 members, 7,812,929 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:49 PM

If A Muslim With 3 Wives Converts To A Christian. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If A Muslim With 3 Wives Converts To A Christian. (2581 Views)

"I’m Muslim With Christian Blood And Jewish Heart Mohammad Tawhidi Imam Of Peace / Masquerade Converts To Christianity And Becomes An Evangelist In 6 Months(photo) / Ebonyi State Pastor Converts To Islam, Listen To His Testimony(video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

If A Muslim With 3 Wives Converts To A Christian. by mhiztaNexy(m): 10:23am On Sep 20, 2020
Good morning everyone, please i have this question that i really want you guys to answer.

We all know the bible advised and encouraged one wife one husband. If a muslim with three wives converts to a christian, is he going to continue with them?, how is he going to cope, knowing his wives might not convert,the bible doesn't encourage divorce and he has to actively be a man in every aspect (you know what i mean smiley)
Re: If A Muslim With 3 Wives Converts To A Christian. by ggirl4real: 10:27am On Sep 20, 2020
He cannot send his wives away now

By the way, does the Bible explicitly say it is a sin to marry more than one wife? I doubt

It's only Bishops, Pastors and church leaders that were commanded to marry only one

Let's wait for the Christians sha

They'll have better opinions

1 Like

Re: If A Muslim With 3 Wives Converts To A Christian. by dingbang(m): 10:35am On Sep 20, 2020
Maybe I will just convert to Islam, marry four wives and reconvert to Christianity again.

Sense cheesy

1 Like

Re: If A Muslim With 3 Wives Converts To A Christian. by psucc(m): 10:49am On Sep 20, 2020
BigEcommerce:
This is a tough question. Have never thought of this, common sense
Nothing is tough about it. He was ignorant then so he did it. Now that he has come to repentance, he is under obligation to keep them so long as they are also willing to keep him.

The only other side to it is that he should not aspire to any office in the Church.

3 Likes

Re: If A Muslim With 3 Wives Converts To A Christian. by Nobody: 10:51am On Sep 20, 2020
mhiztaNexy:

We all know the bible advised and encouraged one wife one husband.

Sorry for asking. Point me to a verse where this is mentioned. Many people of old had many wives. Just wanna know if it was mentioned or the people of old just didnt follow the rules

Thank you. And will come back to ur question using common sense

2 Likes

Re: If A Muslim With 3 Wives Converts To A Christian. by Kestolove(m): 11:08am On Sep 20, 2020
dingbang:
Maybe I will just convert to Islam, marry four wives and reconvert to Christianity again.

Sense cheesy
too much sense no go kill u ma brother

1 Like

Re: If A Muslim With 3 Wives Converts To A Christian. by Uzomacharles: 11:12am On Sep 20, 2020
Not bad
Just continue with the wives after all na your head....

1 Like

Re: If A Muslim With 3 Wives Converts To A Christian. by sulasa07(m): 11:14am On Sep 20, 2020
mhiztaNexy:
Good morning everyone, please i have this question that i really want you guys to answer.

We all know the bible advised and encouraged one wife one husband. If a muslim with three wives converts to a christian, is he going to continue with them?, how is he going to cope, knowing his wives might not convert,the bible doesn't encourage divorce and he has to actively be a man in every aspect (you know what i mean smiley)
Yeye dey smell.Lots of pastors and church elders have more than a wife

1 Like

Re: If A Muslim With 3 Wives Converts To A Christian. by tonyson010(m): 11:48am On Sep 20, 2020
psucc:
Nothing is tough about it. He was ignorant then so he did it. Now that he has come to repentance, he is under obligation to keep them so long as they are also willing to keep him.

The only other side to it is that he should not aspire to any office in the Church.

Y do you think that he shouldn't hold an office in the church

2 Likes

Re: If A Muslim With 3 Wives Converts To A Christian. by yomi007k(m): 11:54am On Sep 20, 2020
dingbang:

Sense cheesy

You would have only wasted your money.

1 Like

Re: If A Muslim With 3 Wives Converts To A Christian. by tonyson010(m): 11:55am On Sep 20, 2020
BigEcommerce:

I'm more interested in the bolded statement, does it means that Muslims haven't repented yet? And God won't call them his people at the end?

I don't know much about Muslim, but You may be surprised to see great grandfather in heaven if we did make it there. God searches through your heart and deeds. That is why the whole commandment comes down to 2.( Love Ur fellow human and your God b by doing good to Ur fellow being )

1 Like

Re: If A Muslim With 3 Wives Converts To A Christian. by psucc(m): 11:58am On Sep 20, 2020
tonyson010:

Y do you think that he shouldn't hold an office in the church
1st Timothy 3:1-16.
Re: If A Muslim With 3 Wives Converts To A Christian. by Nobody: 12:05pm On Sep 20, 2020
He'll send the other two away and retain the first legally married woman if she willing to abide with him.

Keeping all three spells adultry. so they have to be discharged but it should be done amicably.

2 Likes

Re: If A Muslim With 3 Wives Converts To A Christian. by psucc(m): 12:05pm On Sep 20, 2020
BigEcommerce:

I'm more interested in the bolded statement, does it means that Muslims haven't repented yet? And God won't call them his people at the end?
That is left for God. I am not.

But sincerely, when I meant "repentance", it has to do with a genuine desire to change. Thus, he might have had a conflict with the former doctrine and has to change faith.

1 Like

Re: If A Muslim With 3 Wives Converts To A Christian. by gbowoade85142: 12:06pm On Sep 20, 2020
He'll send the variety two away and retain the prior legally married person if she desire to abide with him.Keeping all three seasons adultry.so they haveto be discharged but it should be done amicably.

1 Like

Re: If A Muslim With 3 Wives Converts To A Christian. by Nobody: 12:10pm On Sep 20, 2020
psucc:

Wrong!

A christian is not permitted to marry more than one wife. The Bible says,
"A man shall live his mother and father and be cleaved to his wife (not wives ) and they two ( not three) shall become one".

1 Like

Re: If A Muslim With 3 Wives Converts To A Christian. by psucc(m): 12:19pm On Sep 20, 2020
Brachaa:

Wrong!

"A man shall live his mother and father and be cleaved to his wife (not wives ) and they two ( not three) shall become one".

That verse can apply to persons who repented before going to marriage. But where he had already engaged I polygamy before repentance, he is still a Christian. Read more, especially, First book of Timothy chapter 3.

1 Like

Re: If A Muslim With 3 Wives Converts To A Christian. by ABOVEDELAW: 12:19pm On Sep 20, 2020
YOU ARE WRONG, UNLESS YOU ARE READING FROM KING HEROD'S VERSION OF THE BIBLE.
Brachaa:

Wrong!

1 Like

Re: If A Muslim With 3 Wives Converts To A Christian. by jekagadura: 12:29pm On Sep 20, 2020
mhiztaNexy:

Live with all three wives, be their husband, improve your relationship with Jesus. Pray, worship and wait upon the LORD Jesus Christ. In the fullness of time Jesus will reveal to you what you are to do...only then should you make a decision.

The Roman centurion was following the practices of the Jews, ignorant of the sacrifice of Jesus but his heart was true and steady on building a relationship with God. Soon enough Jesus reach out to him and taught him what to do.

Never rely on the exegesis of scripture provided by mere men whose wisdom is founded on research and not revelation...let Jesus Himself by the HolyGhost be the one to lead you into making a decision!

Shalom!

3 Likes

Re: If A Muslim With 3 Wives Converts To A Christian. by Lukuluku69(m): 12:33pm On Sep 20, 2020
mhiztaNexy:

I am sure you know King Sunny Ade the Juju Musician? He has like 4/5 Wives. He regularly serenade the the RCCG G.O every Chrismas. Mind you, he has been a Christian All his Life.

2 Likes

Re: If A Muslim With 3 Wives Converts To A Christian. by nencounter10: 2:31pm On Sep 20, 2020
gbowoade85142:
He'll send the variety two away and retain the prior legally married person if she desire to abide with him.Keeping all three seasons adultry.so they haveto be discharged but it should be done amicably.

No, he doesn't need to send them away. He keep them ,but he cannot hold any leadership position in the church 1Timothy 3: 1-13

1 Like

Re: If A Muslim With 3 Wives Converts To A Christian. by nencounter10: 2:40pm On Sep 20, 2020
Brachaa:

Wrong!

He is not wrong.
Your assertion if for those who are already born again Christians before getting married. If the person already has more than one wife before giving his life to Christ, he can retain them but he cannever occupy any leadership position in the church 1Timothy 3;1-13

1 Like

Re: If A Muslim With 3 Wives Converts To A Christian. by CodeTemplar: 2:43pm On Sep 20, 2020
lol...

1 Like

Re: If A Muslim With 3 Wives Converts To A Christian. by HeavenlyHolines(m): 2:51pm On Sep 20, 2020
The bible is our standard and Jesus is our role model. Going to church, giving alms,singing Christian songs or bearing a Christian name doesn't make u a Christian (Christ like). The bible is a against polygamy. No matter who u are,God is a respecter of nobody. Once u repent, u must do restitution. So if u have more than one wife,d one u pay her bride price first is d wife God recognised others will have to find the square root. Don't say our ancestors or grand parents did this or that. God will judge based on his word
Lukuluku69:

I am sure you know King Sunny Ade the Juju Musician? He has like 4/5 Wives. He regularly serenade the the RCCG G.O every Chrismas. Mind you, he has been a Christian All his Life.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If A Muslim With 3 Wives Converts To A Christian. by Lukuluku69(m): 3:07pm On Sep 20, 2020
HeavenlyHolines:
The bible is our standard and Jesus is our role model. Going to church, giving alms,singing Christian songs or bearing a Christian name doesn't make u a Christian (Christ like). The bible is a against polygamy. No matter who u are,God is a respecter of nobody. Once u repent, u must do restitution. So if u have more than one wife,d one u pay her bride price first is d wife God recognised others will have to find the square root. Don't say our ancestors or grand parents did this or that. God will judge based on his word

The Bible is against Polygamy? How many wives had Solomon, David, Moses, Jacob? If the Bible is the standard, show me where God condemned Moses, Solomon, David, Jacob, Abraham for having more than one wife.

1 Like

Re: If A Muslim With 3 Wives Converts To A Christian. by AkinwaleJJ(f): 3:39pm On Sep 20, 2020
HeavenlyHolines:

Absolute truth!

1 Like

Re: If A Muslim With 3 Wives Converts To A Christian. by HeavenlyHolines(m): 3:46pm On Sep 20, 2020
Hebrews 12:1 Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us, 12:2 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God. He is our perfect example. If you live your life based on other prophets, u might not b save in this end time period
Lukuluku69:

The Bible is against Polygamy? How many wives had Solomon, David, Moses, Jacob? If the Bible is the standard, show me where God condemned Moses, Solomon, David, Jacob, Abraham for having more than one wife.

1 Like

Re: If A Muslim With 3 Wives Converts To A Christian. by psucc(m): 9:28pm On Sep 20, 2020
HeavenlyHolines:
This is false. You are not under any obligation to "do restitution". And if you must, can you also restore the woman back to her heydays? I mean, make those breasts, to still look up again before sending her back to the "market"?

You cannot! So you have not done any restitution either. You are merely failing in your obligation to provide for members of your household and by extension, "worst than an infidel".

Don't teach what you do not have understanding of and thereby putting more yoke on the brethren.

Maranatha

2 Likes

Re: If A Muslim With 3 Wives Converts To A Christian. by Ezekiel36vs28: 9:36pm On Sep 20, 2020
psucc:
This is false. You are not under any obligation to "do restitution". And if you must, can you also restore the woman back to her heydays? I mean, make those breasts, to still look up again before sending her back to the "market"?

You cannot! So you have not done any restitution either. You are merely failing in your obligation to provide for members of your household and by extension, "worst than an infidel".

Don't teach what you do not have understanding of and thereby putting more yoke on the brethren.

Maranatha
you are rightly dividing the word of truth.Thanks and God bless you

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If A Muslim With 3 Wives Converts To A Christian. by Ezekiel36vs28: 9:37pm On Sep 20, 2020
AkinwaleJJ:

Absolute truth!
There is no truth there.He has wrongly divided the word of truth.thanks

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Church Of Satan, Super Stars And The Horn Sign / List Of Sweet Traditional Praise Songs / Is There An Archangel Named Uriel?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.