Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,155 members, 7,821,930 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:03 PM

Toyota Camry 2017, Will Not Reverse But It Move On Drive - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Toyota Camry 2017, Will Not Reverse But It Move On Drive (2296 Views)

Honda Accord (EOD)2005 Gear Disengage While Still On Drive / Toyota Sienna 10 Pin Gear Not Working In Reverse But Works In Drive / Mazda Mpv Does Not Select On Drive But Engage Well On Reverse (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Toyota Camry 2017, Will Not Reverse But It Move On Drive by Omoh09: 6:40pm On Jun 02, 2019
I use a camry 2007 muscle, Automatic gear 13 pin

i change the gear oil last year August and couple of week ago i observed the little delay in the change of gear, i took it to a mechanic 3 days ago so he can service it which he did, he change the gear filter and also put gear oil. on that day immediately i drive the car and about to go up a hill it will delay and the car will be making a hell of noise, i took it back to him and he also drove it which he told me that i shoul keep on using it like that that it will go back to normal.
the next day which is 2 days ago i took it to ikeja from ikorodu and on coming back it will keep on raising and very slow to change gear, i manage it home and on getting home trying to reverse to park well, it will not move but it go forward, i have to put it in neutral and told my brother to push it before i can park. i called on the gear master that did the service the following day to come check it and he said the leather is bad that it will cost me 70,000 naria to fix it.
so i came here to read other people experience on gear and i found out that all gear have a specific oil which is written in the gauge i saw something like WS which the gear master use mobil ATF 220 in the servicing.

Please kindly advice, on what to do

1 Like

Re: Toyota Camry 2017, Will Not Reverse But It Move On Drive by Nobody: 6:46pm On Jun 02, 2019
The car is trying to say; "Forward ever, backward never"

2 Likes

Re: Toyota Camry 2017, Will Not Reverse But It Move On Drive by Opportuneke(m): 6:54pm On Jun 02, 2019
Haaaaa....

Bro, that is called Next Level Technology,

Please consult the expertise of professionals because even me, I'm still very much surprised.

1 Like

Re: Toyota Camry 2017, Will Not Reverse But It Move On Drive by vivalaurel(m): 7:11pm On Jun 02, 2019
Gear master indeed. save up for another gear, your ignorance will cost you small. Pls change the topic to 2007 Camry, I almost had an heart attack, 2017 Camry ke? gbese niyen men.
Re: Toyota Camry 2017, Will Not Reverse But It Move On Drive by Nobody: 7:16pm On Jun 02, 2019
Nigerian mechanic are very wicked near human beings...the part he said "go and be using it, it will get normal" got me laffing...like the car is a human being that has been administered tablets to so u have to wait for it to work....
The last Toyota I used had a similar problem...after i used seahorse and some other nonsense transmission oil....Somone recommended "type iv" transmission oil...in small black containers for 2500 each..i had to buy about 5 or 6/.. It was fantastic....the performance became 10/10...
While I'm i might not be 100% its suitable for camry muscle..let's ask
gazzuzz
Nurey
AutojoshNG

They are the expert

3 Likes

Re: Toyota Camry 2017, Will Not Reverse But It Move On Drive by dirtycoin(m): 7:31pm On Jun 02, 2019
Fweshguy:
The car is trying to say; "Forward ever, backward never"

Lol.
Re: Toyota Camry 2017, Will Not Reverse But It Move On Drive by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:20pm On Jun 02, 2019
Omoh09:

i change the gear oil last year August and couple of week ago i observed the little delay in the change of gear, i took it to a mechanic 3 days ago so he can service it which he did, he change the gear filter and also put gear oil. on that day immediately i drive the car and about to go up a hill it will delay and the car will be making a hell of noise, i took it back to him and he also drove it which he told me that i shoul keep on using it like that that it will go back to normal.
the next day which is 2 days ago i took it to ikeja from ikorodu and on coming back it will keep on raising and very slow to change gear, i manage it home and on getting home trying to reverse to park well, it will not move but it go forward, i have to put it in neutral and told my brother to push it before i can park. i called on the gear master that did the service the following day to come check it and he said the leather is bad that it will cost me 70,000 naria to fix it.
so i came here to read other people experience on gear and i found out that all gear have a specific oil which is written in the gauge i saw something like WS which the gear master use mobil ATF 220 in the servicing.

Replace Gear.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Toyota Camry 2017, Will Not Reverse But It Move On Drive by larrixauto2017(m): 10:54pm On Jun 02, 2019
Omoh09:

Hello sir the gear need to be replace not repair. and however are they gear master in nigeria or gear monster. sir if pay the 70k you turned atm to your so called gear master. Thank you

1 Like

Re: Toyota Camry 2017, Will Not Reverse But It Move On Drive by Crixie(m): 5:34am On Jun 03, 2019
Omoh09:

No need wasting money "fixing" the gear,i believe you need to replace the gearbox.
After replacing the gear box,use recommended transmission fluid (Toyota WS) to run away from avoidable transmission problems.
Re: Toyota Camry 2017, Will Not Reverse But It Move On Drive by Kelvin30286063(m): 9:45pm On Jun 03, 2019
If you spend 70k to repair gear, how much will you add to buy new one! Don't do that to yourself bro. Save for a new gear but for now, always park your car on a high hill so that you won't have to reverse. grin

(1) (Reply)

❗Inspecting A Vehicle At Pre-Purchase Is A Different Ball Game❗❗❗ / Volvo S70 Issues Pls / Help! Every Attempt To Make My Car (mazda) To Steam (rev On Idle) Failed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.