Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,172 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:32 AM

Court Sacks Omar Tata, Orders INEC To Give Certificate To Jatau Muhammad Auwal - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Court Sacks Omar Tata, Orders INEC To Give Certificate To Jatau Muhammad Auwal (38085 Views)

Rhoda Jatau Regains Freedom From Bauchi Prison / Muhammad Auwal: Flying Officer Killed By Boko Haram Terrorists / PDP’s Jatau defeats ousted APC Rep member In Bauchi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Court Sacks Omar Tata, Orders INEC To Give Certificate To Jatau Muhammad Auwal by middlebelter(m): 4:18am On Jun 03, 2019
stanleyravos:
what did you know about jurisdiction, leave the judges alone and focus on how you people can remove oshiomhole instead disturbing the cyber space.

I was agreeing with you until you mentioned removals of Oshiomole Baba. No sir, it will not happen until Yahaya Bello has been sent parking. One man's meal is another man's poison.
Since by Oyegun a firmer Gov of Edo state and Chairman of APC, Bello was foisted on Kogi state, so also, shall by another former Edo Governor and APC chairman shall Kogi be delivered.

1 Like

Re: Court Sacks Omar Tata, Orders INEC To Give Certificate To Jatau Muhammad Auwal by Nobody: 4:39am On Jun 03, 2019
gare:

Will you keep quiet, you think you know more than the judge that accepted the case you or the registrar that assigned the case.

You guys will not stop at embarrassing your parents and the money wasted on you guys in sending you to school

You are a small boy who knows nothing about politics, Judiciary & Nigeria. The guy you replied should not bother to reply you.

If Agbakoba & Keyamo were to be from the same constituency but different parties. Let say Agbakoba is PDP and Keyamo is APC, irrespective of how Keyamo was nominated to represent APC in the contest, now, after much campaign for votes, majority of the voters now voted for Keyamo and Keyamo declared winner. Since Agbakoba has lost and cannot win the confidence of majority of the voters, he now went to another body called Judiciary to complain that he is not supposed to contest with Keyamo because he was wrongly nominated by his party. So, Judiciary now declared all votes for Keyamo wasted, thereby making Agbakoba the winner. Is that a Victory for Democracy or Rule of Law? Nigeria, I just laugh.

This reminds me of Fela song - Crazy Demo Democrazy..
Re: Court Sacks Omar Tata, Orders INEC To Give Certificate To Jatau Muhammad Auwal by monlawal(m): 5:24am On Jun 03, 2019
So because à PDP man said there was no primaries in APC the court decided that the PDP man was right about APC affairs. I would like to read the full judgment. I am not convinced by this reason above
Re: Court Sacks Omar Tata, Orders INEC To Give Certificate To Jatau Muhammad Auwal by tuniski: 6:01am On Jun 03, 2019
Olatunji1929:
lol court will soon sack your savior and you will soon become jobless I just hope and pray that you shouldn't venture into armed robbery after that

Kwakwakwa Hehehehehehe laff wan break my Leg.
Re: Court Sacks Omar Tata, Orders INEC To Give Certificate To Jatau Muhammad Auwal by unitysheart(m): 7:29am On Jun 03, 2019
NonsoWow:
The judiciary has become lawless that is why I don't blame Buhari for disrespecting some of their judgements. Why should an FCT court make this illegal order far away from Bauchi when there is an election petition tribunal set up for these things? Should an FCT high court even dabble into any matter outside its jurisdiction(FCT) at all? The NJC should sit up. This lawlessness of the judiciary is getting out of control.

This is a pre election matter.
Re: Court Sacks Omar Tata, Orders INEC To Give Certificate To Jatau Muhammad Auwal by unitysheart(m): 7:29am On Jun 03, 2019
senatordave1:

i catch you again fumbling.so pdp now has the right to sue apc over its internal matters or primaries? You see yourself

I agree to this.

1 Like

Re: Court Sacks Omar Tata, Orders INEC To Give Certificate To Jatau Muhammad Auwal by Johnnyessence(m): 7:40am On Jun 03, 2019
mushystuff:

OK thanks for the clarification..
Re: Court Sacks Omar Tata, Orders INEC To Give Certificate To Jatau Muhammad Auwal by Johnnyessence(m): 7:45am On Jun 03, 2019
Awoleesu:

The report says May 16th and the last time I checked, that wasn't a weekend!
OK thanks for clarification.

2 Likes

Re: Court Sacks Omar Tata, Orders INEC To Give Certificate To Jatau Muhammad Auwal by Johnnyessence(m): 7:45am On Jun 03, 2019
realstars:

May 16 was Thursday not Sunday.
OK thanks for clarification on the said date.
Re: Court Sacks Omar Tata, Orders INEC To Give Certificate To Jatau Muhammad Auwal by Johnnyessence(m): 7:46am On Jun 03, 2019
toprealman:
Hope you are not using Chinese calendar
is Chinese calendar different niiii.
Re: Court Sacks Omar Tata, Orders INEC To Give Certificate To Jatau Muhammad Auwal by feeloscar(m): 7:47am On Jun 03, 2019
NonsoWow:
The judiciary has become lawless that is why I don't blame Buhari for disrespecting some of their judgements. Why should an FCT court make this illegal order far away from Bauchi when there is an election petition tribunal set up for these things? Should an FCT high court even dabble into any matter outside its jurisdiction(FCT) at all? The NJC should sit up. This lawlessness of the judiciary is getting out of control.
The case looks like a pre-election matter hence the FCT High court has jurisdiction. I think the problem with the judgement is,it would have been an APC member(that contested or wanted to contest in the primaries)that should have gone to court,not a 'busy body',what the law people call 'a meddlesome interpoler'. The judgement will not stand the test of time.

1 Like

Re: Court Sacks Omar Tata, Orders INEC To Give Certificate To Jatau Muhammad Auwal by senatordave1(m): 8:16am On Jun 03, 2019
unitysheart:

I agree to this.
Thank you sir.inspite of our party differences,objectivity must be key.if it was pdp affected,you wont see my comments
Re: Court Sacks Omar Tata, Orders INEC To Give Certificate To Jatau Muhammad Auwal by nnaeyes6: 8:49am On Jun 03, 2019
The one that will shock apc and Nigerians will be the ruling of the court on presidency.
Atiku should get ready

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Court Sacks Omar Tata, Orders INEC To Give Certificate To Jatau Muhammad Auwal by sorepco(m): 8:59am On Jun 03, 2019
With your logic apc had no right to bring adelekes 'certificatelessness' in osun

[Qquote author=senatordave1 post=78961434]
i catch you again fumbling.so pdp now has the right to sue apc over its internal matters or primaries? You see yourself[/quote]
Re: Court Sacks Omar Tata, Orders INEC To Give Certificate To Jatau Muhammad Auwal by toprealman: 11:18am On Jun 03, 2019
Johnnyessence:
is Chinese calendar different niiii.
Ask google bro

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Court Sacks Omar Tata, Orders INEC To Give Certificate To Jatau Muhammad Auwal by Johnnyessence(m): 11:50am On Jun 03, 2019
toprealman:
Ask google bro
lol you funny no be small.
Re: Court Sacks Omar Tata, Orders INEC To Give Certificate To Jatau Muhammad Auwal by tuniski: 12:17pm On Jun 03, 2019
sorepco:
With your logic apc had no right to bring adelekes 'certificatelessness' in osun

i catch you again fumbling.so pdp now has the right to sue apc over its internal matters or primaries? You see yourself
Don't mind him. People like him don't understand details he ranted all over cyber space that Supreme Court doesn't upturn guber election as if it is a law, instead of looking at the facts of the cases that have gotten to the SC.

Zamfara is now a pointer.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Court Sacks Omar Tata, Orders INEC To Give Certificate To Jatau Muhammad Auwal by mushystuff: 12:29pm On Jun 03, 2019
Blainz:

Taking over thru the back door?
The didn't rule PDP won the election
The court ruled the APC primaries was not valid. Kapish?

So how difficult is it for APC to conduct simple primaries and then consolidate it's victories? They deserve to be thrown out!
Re: Court Sacks Omar Tata, Orders INEC To Give Certificate To Jatau Muhammad Auwal by senatordave1(m): 1:31pm On Jun 03, 2019
tuniski:

Don't mind him. People like him don't understand details he ranted all over cyber space that Supreme Court doesn't upturn guber election as if it is a law, instead of looking at the facts of the cases that have gotten to the SC.

Zamfara is now a pointer.
Dumbie,zamfara is not a pointer.it was purely a pre election matter between apc.no outside party instituted a case.it was not an election petition matter.stop embarrassing yourself boy
Re: Court Sacks Omar Tata, Orders INEC To Give Certificate To Jatau Muhammad Auwal by tuniski: 1:35pm On Jun 03, 2019
senatordave1:

Dumbie,zamfara is not a pointer.it was purely a pre election matter between apc.no outside party instituted a case.it was not an election petition matter.stop embarrassing yourself boy
Are you too dumb to want to engage a dumbie?
Re: Court Sacks Omar Tata, Orders INEC To Give Certificate To Jatau Muhammad Auwal by senatordave1(m): 1:35pm On Jun 03, 2019
sorepco:

No,there are different cases.certificate forgery cases are not internal party matters but an issue concerning the whole state.any bonafide citizen of osun can challenge adeleke,it is a general issue.
But for party primaries only a few has the right to challenge it,just those that partook in the primaries not any party member.most of you here clearly do not know about the law or politics.even when the court settle this matter and it comes up again,you will still bring up ignorant claims
Re: Court Sacks Omar Tata, Orders INEC To Give Certificate To Jatau Muhammad Auwal by senatordave1(m): 1:36pm On Jun 03, 2019
tuniski:

Are you too dumb to want to engage a dumbie?
You belong to yabaleft.saraki should fund your stay there
Re: Court Sacks Omar Tata, Orders INEC To Give Certificate To Jatau Muhammad Auwal by senatordave1(m): 1:40pm On Jun 03, 2019
feeloscar:
The case looks like a pre-election matter hence the FCT High court has jurisdiction. I think the problem with the judgement is,it would have been an APC member(that contested or wanted to contest in the primaries)that should have gone to court,not a 'busy body',what the law people call 'a meddlesome interpoler'. The judgement will not stand the test of time.
Thank you sir.just watch out when the supreme court will rule on this case,they will tonguelash that irresponsible judge that made such a ridiculous decision.by then unfortunately most of those attacjing apc here would have forgotten that whole issue and it wont spark any interest anymore.i wish the ruling was today or tomorrow so that a lot here will be put in their place

1 Like

Re: Court Sacks Omar Tata, Orders INEC To Give Certificate To Jatau Muhammad Auwal by tuniski: 1:41pm On Jun 03, 2019
senatordave1:

You belong to yabaleft.saraki should fund your stay there

I actually don't have problem with u. I don't know you from Adam. Just maintain your lane and stay off mine. I detest uncut stuff.

1 Like

Re: Court Sacks Omar Tata, Orders INEC To Give Certificate To Jatau Muhammad Auwal by mushystuff: 7:06pm On Jun 04, 2019
patrickmuf:
Don't be impossible, the appeal court sitting on the Ned Nwoko vs Nwaoboshi case held that the Federal High Court had no jurisdiction to hear or even give judgement on the case as they ruled in favor of Nwaoboshi.
Judiciary is really a mess.

The reason it the high court was deemed as lacking jurisdiction was because the matter was filed outside the statutory time of 14 days not because it had no power to hear the subject matter. It had become statute barred by reason of effluxion of time hence its loss of jurisdiction.
Re: Court Sacks Omar Tata, Orders INEC To Give Certificate To Jatau Muhammad Auwal by mushystuff: 7:11pm On Jun 04, 2019
There is something called retributive justice, read about it. The courts in these issues have only addressed the deliberate refusal of the party (APC) to comply with clear statutory provisions which it ought to have observed and respected before being qualified to float candidates at the various elections. The courts wil not allow any person or party to benefit from fraud and it is not the fault of the court and other parties that the APC held itself as qualified in the eyes of the electorate when it had in fact run afoul of the law.

babaolofin:

This posting is childish. The Judicary judgement is now more powerful than the wish of the majority of the people. The intelligence report of Dubai strategy of PDP scheming to use Judiciary to steal the mandate of popular votes of the people might be true.

In Bauchi, Dogara won under PDP while the APC in his constituency lost. It is the same system that produced Dogara's opponent that produced the man whom Judiciary declared his votes a waste. Those who voted for APC only wasted their time, energy & resources. They should have slept at home according to the Court.

One thing is clearer here, the PDP never defeated APC . In Zamfara and other States where PDP is declared winner without APC or with APC votes declared a wasted votes and peoples (APC voters) efforts for enduring stress at polling stations a waste of time, It can be seen that APC DOG or Donkey is stronger than PDP as a party in those places.
Re: Court Sacks Omar Tata, Orders INEC To Give Certificate To Jatau Muhammad Auwal by mushystuff: 7:19pm On Jun 04, 2019
Your problem is that you have failed to see that the petitioners or plaintiffs in these issues are usually fellow Party members. Rivers and Zamfara issues were between APC factions, PDP was never responsible for charging them to court. This analogy you have given has no basis in the issues and shows mere bias and lack of knowledge.

Once the courts determine that valid primaries were not conducted, the beneficiary would by law automatically be the party with the validly nominated candidates that scored the second highest votes because the defaulter ie APC in this case should never have even fielded any candidate for failing to hold primaries which is the only recognised means through which a candidate can validly emerge.

babaolofin:

You are a small boy who knows nothing about politics, Judiciary & Nigeria. The guy you replied should not bother to reply you.

If Agbakoba & Keyamo were to be from the same constituency but different parties. Let say Agbakoba is PDP and Keyamo is APC, irrespective of how Keyamo was nominated to represent APC in the contest, now, after much campaign for votes, majority of the voters now voted for Keyamo and Keyamo declared winner. Since Agbakoba has lost and cannot win the confidence of majority of the voters, he now went to another body called Judiciary to complain that he is not supposed to contest with Keyamo because he was wrongly nominated by his party. So, Judiciary now declared all votes for Keyamo wasted, thereby making Agbakoba the winner. Is that a Victory for Democracy or Rule of Law? Nigeria, I just laugh.

This reminds me of Fela song - Crazy Demo Democrazy..
Re: Court Sacks Omar Tata, Orders INEC To Give Certificate To Jatau Muhammad Auwal by Nobody: 9:20pm On Jun 04, 2019
mushystuff:
There is something called retributive justice, read about it. The courts in these issues have only addressed the deliberate refusal of the party (APC) to comply with clear statutory provisions which it ought to have observed and respected before being qualified to float candidates at the various elections. The courts wil not allow any person or party to benefit from fraud and it is not the fault of the court and other parties that the APC held itself as qualified in the eyes of the electorate when it had in fact run afoul of the law.

You are only wasting your time. The whole word knows Nigeria. In developed countries that I know very well, especially United States, this kind of Kangaroo democracy cannot work. You only made mockery of yourself by exposing your naivety on issue based on circumstances of law quoted. Democracy is based on choice of people. It is a government by popular votes. Nations have gone to war because they were deprived of individuals of their choice.

Thank God, Zamfara and other places are at peace. Can you declare votes for Republican a waste, null & void after election had been concluded and electoral body has declared Republican winner and go ahead to declare Democratic party a winner in a well known Republican State?

Pre - election matter ought to have been concluded before election. The people have the right to choose whom they love & prefer out of the contestants. If APC had lost as in the case of Dogara's opponent, would PDP have gone to Court to challenge the candidacy of APC flag bearer?
Re: Court Sacks Omar Tata, Orders INEC To Give Certificate To Jatau Muhammad Auwal by Nobody: 9:35pm On Jun 04, 2019
mushystuff:
Your problem is that you have failed to see that the petitioners or plaintiffs in these issues are usually fellow Party members. Rivers and Zamfara issues were between APC factions, PDP was never responsible for charging them to court. This analogy you have given has no basis in the issues and shows mere bias and lack of knowledge.

Once the courts determine that valid primaries were not conducted, the beneficiary would by law automatically be the party with the validly nominated candidates that scored the second highest votes because the defaulter ie APC in this case should never have even fielded any candidate for failing to hold primaries which is the only recognised means through which a candidate can validly emerge.

You are speaking tureci, I have gotten so many (hundreds) responses privately on the example I quoted using Agbakoba & Keyamo. That is the reason I came back after over 24 hours.. That is why in a football match, after you have lost and the trophy given to winner you cannot complain about the validity of your opponent. It is better if the match had not been played because if you had won and given the trophy, you would not have complained.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Crowd Awaiting Tinubu Arrival At Lagos Rally (Pictures and video) / Rivers Lawmakers Serve Impeachment Notice On Gov Fubara / APC Thugs Attack Fatai Diekola In Osogbo (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.