Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,300 members, 7,819,018 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:02 AM

Court Sacks Omar Tata, Orders INEC To Give Certificate To Jatau Muhammad Auwal - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Court Sacks Omar Tata, Orders INEC To Give Certificate To Jatau Muhammad Auwal (38059 Views)

Rhoda Jatau Regains Freedom From Bauchi Prison / Muhammad Auwal: Flying Officer Killed By Boko Haram Terrorists / PDP’s Jatau defeats ousted APC Rep member In Bauchi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Court Sacks Omar Tata, Orders INEC To Give Certificate To Jatau Muhammad Auwal by Paperwhite(m): 7:21pm On Jun 02, 2019
An FCT High Court has nullified the election of Omar Tata of the All Progressives Congress (APC) for Zaki Federal Constituency in Bauchi state.

The court ordered the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) to issue certificate of return to the candidate of the People’s Democratic Party (PDP), Jatau Muhammad Auwal, who came second in the elections.

The FCT High Court, presided over by Justice Bello Kawu, declared as null and void the publication of the name of Mr Tata of the APC as winner of the seat in Zaki Federal Constituency. The court also ruled that the APC “does not have and cannot sponsor any candidate for Zaki Federal Constituency of Bauchi State for 2019 National Assembly Election.”

The judge further declared that the votes scored by Mr Tata in the election was null and void, then consequently ordered INEC to issue Certificate of Return to the candidate that come second in the election.

The court order followed an application filed by the PDP candidate in the election, Mr Auwal, who had challenged the emergence of Mr Tata as the winner of the election.

Mr Auwal had told the court that APC did not conduct any valid primary election through which Mr.Tata’s name was submitted to INEC as the flag-bearer for the party.The court order was made on May 16.

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/bauchi-court-sacks-apc-reps-elect-orders-inec-to-give-certificate-to-pdp-candidate.html

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Court Sacks Omar Tata, Orders INEC To Give Certificate To Jatau Muhammad Auwal by Nobody: 7:24pm On Jun 02, 2019
One by one na so dem go go

164 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Court Sacks Omar Tata, Orders INEC To Give Certificate To Jatau Muhammad Auwal by kings09(m): 7:25pm On Jun 02, 2019
Nawa oo.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Court Sacks Omar Tata, Orders INEC To Give Certificate To Jatau Muhammad Auwal by Paperwhite(m): 7:26pm On Jun 02, 2019
Just imagine the kind of judicial anarchy, impunity and lawlessness the APC has institute across the party cum this nation that the courts are now the final arbiters in resolving most of these crisis.Shame on these desperate power drunks.

124 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Court Sacks Omar Tata, Orders INEC To Give Certificate To Jatau Muhammad Auwal by stanleyravos: 7:34pm On Jun 02, 2019
Can someone give me ten reasons why oshiomhole should still remain as Apc chairman? If care is not taken before inauguration day it will be 50, 50 mark my words.

66 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Court Sacks Omar Tata, Orders INEC To Give Certificate To Jatau Muhammad Auwal by mrsfavour(f): 7:38pm On Jun 02, 2019
The so called "dead and buried" party now taking over.

110 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Court Sacks Omar Tata, Orders INEC To Give Certificate To Jatau Muhammad Auwal by MikeBetty(m): 7:46pm On Jun 02, 2019
stanleyravos:
Can someone give me ten reasons why oshiomhole should still remain as Apc chairman? If care is not taken before inauguration day it will be 50, 50 mark my words.
The Tsunami Will Soon Blow In This Nation.

56 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Court Sacks Omar Tata, Orders INEC To Give Certificate To Jatau Muhammad Auwal by MikeBetty(m): 7:50pm On Jun 02, 2019
This Is Just A Whirwind, Political Tsunami Will Soon Blow In This Country.

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Court Sacks Omar Tata, Orders INEC To Give Certificate To Jatau Muhammad Auwal by NonsoWow: 7:52pm On Jun 02, 2019
The judiciary has become lawless that is why I don't blame Buhari for disrespecting some of their judgements. Why should an FCT court make this illegal order far away from Bauchi when there is an election petition tribunal set up for these things? Should an FCT high court even dabble into any matter outside its jurisdiction(FCT) at all? The NJC should sit up. This lawlessness of the judiciary is getting out of control.

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Court Sacks Omar Tata, Orders INEC To Give Certificate To Jatau Muhammad Auwal by Olatunji1929: 7:53pm On Jun 02, 2019
wow!!! another victory for PDP zombies will not sleep tonight lawless party of agbero and drug peddler

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Court Sacks Omar Tata, Orders INEC To Give Certificate To Jatau Muhammad Auwal by Johnnyessence(m): 7:59pm On Jun 02, 2019
IN Nigeria, court are not working on Saturday, so please where do they get this ruling from?
Re: Court Sacks Omar Tata, Orders INEC To Give Certificate To Jatau Muhammad Auwal by stanleyravos: 8:01pm On Jun 02, 2019
NonsoWow:
The judiciary has become lawless that is why I don't blame Buhari for disrespecting some of their judgements. Why should an FCT court make this illegal order far away from Bauchi when there is an election petition tribunal set up for these things? Should an FCT high court even dabble into any matter outside its jurisdiction(FCT) at all? The NJC should sit up. This lawlessness of the judiciary is getting out of control.
what did you know about jurisdiction, leave the judges alone and focus on how you people can remove oshiomhole instead disturbing the cyber space.

86 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Sacks Omar Tata, Orders INEC To Give Certificate To Jatau Muhammad Auwal by stanleyravos: 8:04pm On Jun 02, 2019
Johnnyessence:
IN Nigeria, court are not working on Saturday, so please where do they get this ruling from?
who told you? In cases that needs urgencies they work

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Sacks Omar Tata, Orders INEC To Give Certificate To Jatau Muhammad Auwal by tuniski: 8:07pm On Jun 02, 2019
NonsoWow:

It was a pre-election matter meant for the courts not tribunal. The FcT high court has jurisdiction.

93 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Court Sacks Omar Tata, Orders INEC To Give Certificate To Jatau Muhammad Auwal by Johnnyessence(m): 8:23pm On Jun 02, 2019
stanleyravos:
who told you? In cases that needs urgencies they work
really, this is the first time i will be reading about it. so surprising. definitely they don't give themselves holiday on Sunday too.
Re: Court Sacks Omar Tata, Orders INEC To Give Certificate To Jatau Muhammad Auwal by senatordave1(m): 8:27pm On Jun 02, 2019
tuniski:

It was a pre-election matter meant for the courts not tribunal. The FcT high court has jurisdiction.
i catch you again fumbling.so pdp now has the right to sue apc over its internal matters or primaries? You see yourself

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Sacks Omar Tata, Orders INEC To Give Certificate To Jatau Muhammad Auwal by NonsoWow: 8:28pm On Jun 02, 2019
tuniski:

Pre election matters are intra-party disputes. Anything that affects the opposing party are no longer pre election matters but election tribunal matters. Again, the FCT high court is meant for FCT affairs. There is a federal high court abuja that is in charge of federal affairs. An Anambra state high court cannot adjudicate in a civil or criminal matter that happened in Lagos.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Court Sacks Omar Tata, Orders INEC To Give Certificate To Jatau Muhammad Auwal by senatordave1(m): 8:36pm On Jun 02, 2019
Johnnyessence:
apart from that,a party cannot carry another party to court over its internal affairs.even a madman knows this.the fct high court is clearly a kangaroo court.the njc will surely deal with them

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Sacks Omar Tata, Orders INEC To Give Certificate To Jatau Muhammad Auwal by mushystuff: 8:42pm On Jun 02, 2019
NonsoWow:

It is a pre-election matter; INEC, party to the suit is a federal body with its HQ in Abuja. The FCT high court has jurisdiction. These are basics you should study and know. Also understand that there is no excuse or justification for anyone including the president to wilfully flout or disregard court orders. If all citizens and agencies follow suit then you will understand that such behaviour which you endorse is a recipe for disaster.

39 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Court Sacks Omar Tata, Orders INEC To Give Certificate To Jatau Muhammad Auwal by mushystuff: 8:44pm On Jun 02, 2019
Johnnyessence:

Mr Auwal had told the court that APC did not conduct any valid primary election through which Mr.Tata’s name was submitted to INEC as the flag-bearer for the party. The court order was made on May 16.

1 Like

Re: Court Sacks Omar Tata, Orders INEC To Give Certificate To Jatau Muhammad Auwal by sarrki(m): 8:50pm On Jun 02, 2019
Pdp server is working

1 Like

Re: Court Sacks Omar Tata, Orders INEC To Give Certificate To Jatau Muhammad Auwal by Changethechain: 8:51pm On Jun 02, 2019
I need a female friend in odili road port Harcourt.. Please don't worry me for marriage o, I am not available for that and don't ask me for money too... I will only give you money from my willing heart..NO TRANSACTIONAL SEX.. I just need a spoilt kid like me
Email: matthewtartaglia2@gmail.com

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Court Sacks Omar Tata, Orders INEC To Give Certificate To Jatau Muhammad Auwal by Amuocha: 8:51pm On Jun 02, 2019
Buhari is going soon

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Sacks Omar Tata, Orders INEC To Give Certificate To Jatau Muhammad Auwal by Teewhy2: 8:51pm On Jun 02, 2019
Appeal court will soon reverse it. Court cases in Nigeria is who spend the most.

1 Like

Re: Court Sacks Omar Tata, Orders INEC To Give Certificate To Jatau Muhammad Auwal by sotall(m): 8:51pm On Jun 02, 2019
grin grin

APC and wuru wuru election

2 Likes

Re: Court Sacks Omar Tata, Orders INEC To Give Certificate To Jatau Muhammad Auwal by freemanbubble: 8:52pm On Jun 02, 2019
Okay
Re: Court Sacks Omar Tata, Orders INEC To Give Certificate To Jatau Muhammad Auwal by pTomz(m): 8:52pm On Jun 02, 2019
Buhari sef
Re: Court Sacks Omar Tata, Orders INEC To Give Certificate To Jatau Muhammad Auwal by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:53pm On Jun 02, 2019
Good to know we have a President who does not intervene in the rule of law.

2 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Court Sacks Omar Tata, Orders INEC To Give Certificate To Jatau Muhammad Auwal by bioemmy: 8:53pm On Jun 02, 2019
The competition and political rot within APC is more than the rivalry between APC and PDP.

PDP winning battles they didn't fight. cheesy

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Sacks Omar Tata, Orders INEC To Give Certificate To Jatau Muhammad Auwal by iammo(m): 8:54pm On Jun 02, 2019
shocked

dont ever mess with the judiciary, buhari no gree hear
Re: Court Sacks Omar Tata, Orders INEC To Give Certificate To Jatau Muhammad Auwal by VillagePipu: 8:54pm On Jun 02, 2019
Paperwhite:
Just imagine the kind of judicial anarchy, impunity and lawlessness the APC have (has) institute (instituted) across the party cum this nation that the courts are now the final arbiter (arbiters) in resolving most of these crisis (crises).Shame on these desperate power drunks.

Shakespeare, are you keeping malice with punctuations? You didn't use punctuations in your 'poem'.

Your grammar sef can affect the Naira.

8 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Dr Dakuku At The Wedding Ceremony Of Minimah's Daughter - Former Chief Of Army / Atiku Abubakar Congratulates Super Eagles On Qualifying For World Cup / Militants Burn Woman Alive In Imo, Set Houses Ablaze

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.