Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,447 members, 7,819,656 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:00 PM

Champions League Winning Goalkeeper Shows Christian Faith When Celebrating - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Champions League Winning Goalkeeper Shows Christian Faith When Celebrating (527 Views)

There Is No Heaven & Hell - Pastor Abosom As He Abandons His Christian Faith / Historicity Of The Bible And Justification Of Christian Faith / The Significance Of Ash Wednesday in the Christian faith (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Champions League Winning Goalkeeper Shows Christian Faith When Celebrating by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:05am On Jun 03, 2019
Champions League Winning Goalkeeper Shows Christian Faith When Celebrating
Sun 02 Jun 2019
By Cara Bentley

Liverpool goalkeeper Alisson Becker revealed his love for Jesus when celebrating winning the Champions League.

After their 2-nil win over Tottenham Hotspur, Alisson stripped down to a T-shirt picturing 'the cross = love.'

The Brazilian player praised God on social media when he got his first chance to play in a World Cup and has said in an interview for his previous team Roma's website that he doesn't have any pre-match routines: "the only thing I do is point to the sky. I'm a Christian so I'm not a superstitious person."

When asked if he had any advice for future goalkeepers, he said: "If you want to be a great keeper, you need to work very hard. That's what I do. You need to be very focused on football and I think faith is important too. If you believe in God, you know you have to do your best on the pitch and put love into everything you do in life."

On Saturday, Mo Salah scored Liverpool's first goal in Madrid, just two minutes in from a penalty.

After Liverpool's second goal by Divock Origi, Alisson Becker knelt on the grass and pointed to God.

After the match, he facetimed his daughter and wife, Natalia Becker, who couldn't come to Madrid because she is pregnant.

When he announced that his wife was expecting their second child, he wrote on instagram: "We are very happy to announce that our home has been blessed again and the baby 2 is coming!! What a wonderful gift from God!!"

https://www.premier.org.uk/News/World/Champions-League-winning-goalkeeper-shows-Christian-faith-when-celebrating

1 Share

Re: Champions League Winning Goalkeeper Shows Christian Faith When Celebrating by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:28am On Jun 04, 2019
I learnt that Europe had banned players from showing the name of Jesus on their shirts but this faithful Christian found a way to beat the satanic injunction. cheesy

Re: Champions League Winning Goalkeeper Shows Christian Faith When Celebrating by LordReed(m): 10:38am On Jun 04, 2019
It is funny how Christians like to play the victim and still rejoice that they the largest religious group in the world.
Re: Champions League Winning Goalkeeper Shows Christian Faith When Celebrating by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:16am On Jun 04, 2019
LordReed:

It is funny how Christians like to play the victim and still rejoice that they the largest religious group in the world.

Are you jealous that they are larger than your own religious group?

Re: Champions League Winning Goalkeeper Shows Christian Faith When Celebrating by LordReed(m): 11:40am On Jun 04, 2019
OLAADEGBU:

Are you jealous that they are larger than your own religious group?

Ok so you agree you are not a victim?
Re: Champions League Winning Goalkeeper Shows Christian Faith When Celebrating by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:08pm On Jun 04, 2019
OLAADEGBU:

Champions League Winning Goalkeeper Shows Christian Faith When Celebrating
Sun 02 Jun 2019
By Cara Bentley

Liverpool goalkeeper Alisson Becker revealed his love for Jesus when celebrating winning the Champions League.

After their 2-nil win over Tottenham Hotspur, Alisson stripped down to a T-shirt picturing 'the cross = love.'

The Brazilian player praised God on social media when he got his first chance to play in a World Cup and has said in an interview for his previous team Roma's website that he doesn't have any pre-match routines: "the only thing I do is point to the sky. I'm a Christian so I'm not a superstitious person."

When asked if he had any advice for future goalkeepers, he said: "If you want to be a great keeper, you need to work very hard. That's what I do. You need to be very focused on football and I think faith is important too. If you believe in God, you know you have to do your best on the pitch and put love into everything you do in life."

On Saturday, Mo Salah scored Liverpool's first goal in Madrid, just two minutes in from a penalty.

After Liverpool's second goal by Divock Origi, Alisson Becker knelt on the grass and pointed to God.

After the match, he facetimed his daughter and wife, Natalia Becker, who couldn't come to Madrid because she is pregnant.

When he announced that his wife was expecting their second child, he wrote on instagram: "We are very happy to announce that our home has been blessed again and the baby 2 is coming!! What a wonderful gift from God!!"

https://www.premier.org.uk/News/World/Champions-League-winning-goalkeeper-shows-Christian-faith-when-celebrating

(1) (Reply)

Gospel Ebooks Of Your Choice. At Very Small Price / Shocking: American Pastor Reveals Where Prophet TB Joshua Gets His Powers / Flamboyant Pastor, Emeka Choreographs With Dancers To Peter Okoye Song In Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.