Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,114 members, 7,814,914 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:12 PM

Role Of A Woman In Her Home And To Her Husband - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Role Of A Woman In Her Home And To Her Husband (31817 Views)

Girl In Abuja Cannot Locate Her Home & Parents(Pics) / Uk-based Wife Disrupts Wedding Between Her Husband & New Wife - pics / Photo: What Would You Do If You Came Home And Saw Your Child Like This!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Role Of A Woman In Her Home And To Her Husband by viviansam(f): 12:22pm On Jan 16, 2006
What Is The Role/expectations Of A Woman In Her Home And To Her Husband?

I came across this beautifully written poem about the woman. And in this days of uncountable break-up, marital disharmony, divorce etc., methinks we should also emphasise on solutions to a stronger family and the marriage institution instead of encouraging break up.. I am of the opinion that one of such ways is for the woman to play her role diligently in the family and to her husband(remember Late Pastor Bimbo Odukoya)... and in that way, we will build our homes and win the love and heart of our husbands. I don't think they will have reason or cause to even batter us. or What do u think? Read the poem

[i][/i]Woman
Artfully and delicately moulded,
the creator's masterpiece; his perfect delight!
His choice as man's help-mate;
Much more than a mere missing rib!

Woman...
The epitome of beauty and glamour
Adorned with dignity, full of strenght,
splendour and vigour

Man's mother, sister, friend, and helper
Affectionately configured, warm and tender,
Skilled in the crafts of home and hearth,
diligent in homemaking, ordained to productivity!

By you, God's dream came true, you produced the seed
that bruised the serpent's heel
your mouth is filled with wisdom,
faithful instructions emit from your tongue
the weaker vessel you may be called
yet you are the mother of all men!
You are the virtous women! (Prov 31 Vs 10-31)
Re: Role Of A Woman In Her Home And To Her Husband by chrisd(m): 12:50pm On Jan 16, 2006
I think that's only dreams. Let's talk about the real world and not what we expect them to be. Same for ideals of a man. What we want is not what we get.
Re: Role Of A Woman In Her Home And To Her Husband by cutebaby: 1:08pm On Jan 16, 2006
This is my first post.I love this poem about the woman. Its an intelligent one. Real world or not a woman has got to play some roles in her family, she has to be humble, wise and supportive. she shldnt be a destroyer of he home by what she does or saysthats d message
Re: Role Of A Woman In Her Home And To Her Husband by chrisd(m): 1:11pm On Jan 16, 2006
Destroyer of the home. Sure not. I tell you some women want a humble man. In fact they want him weak.
Re: Role Of A Woman In Her Home And To Her Husband by cutebaby: 1:21pm On Jan 16, 2006
I agree with u some want a man they can control and instruct. A woman in her right senses should have good manners, humble in character and in tone and respect for her husband. what do u think? And u see thats the best way to win the heart of ur man. not arrogance.Arrogance leads to problems and quarels.
Re: Role Of A Woman In Her Home And To Her Husband by chrisd(m): 1:39pm On Jan 16, 2006
I agree with you. My former lady thought I was not godly, humble, whatever, enough. I am a strong man and I don't need she asking her pastor whenever we have to decide on something. What's a man if he cannot manage his family. Needless to say, the man has to address his wife with respect. I mean she should be Senior Commander of Staff, yes? smiley
Re: Role Of A Woman In Her Home And To Her Husband by cutebaby: 2:22pm On Jan 16, 2006
"your mouth is filled with wisdom,
faithful instructions emit from your tongue" i love this excepts from the poem. if women deeply understand the meaning of this. they will make thier home wonderful. A woman need not to rub shoulder with a man. Women tongue dey always dey busy. she shldnt provoke the man unnecessarily or insult him. Women should imbibe the qualities of humulity and respect.
Re: Role Of A Woman In Her Home And To Her Husband by lioness(f): 2:38pm On Jan 16, 2006
Some one ....anyone, write out the role of the woman plsssssssssssss
Is she supposed to iron and wash the cars.

1 Like

Re: Role Of A Woman In Her Home And To Her Husband by chrisd(m): 3:57pm On Jan 16, 2006
Is good if she can iron. I know how to iron and cook and I'm a man. Anyway ironing your man's shirt is not a shame. The shame is only if he can't do it himself. smiley
Re: Role Of A Woman In Her Home And To Her Husband by lioness(f): 3:59pm On Jan 16, 2006
and the car rolleyes
Re: Role Of A Woman In Her Home And To Her Husband by chrisd(m): 4:01pm On Jan 16, 2006
In my country the men always wash the car.
Re: Role Of A Woman In Her Home And To Her Husband by damygurl(f): 4:09pm On Jan 16, 2006
cutebaby:

"your mouth is filled with wisdom,
faithful instructions emit from your tongue" i love this excepts from the poem. if women deeply understand the meaning of this. they will make their home wonderful. A woman need not to rub shoulder with a man. Women tongue dey always dey busy. she shldnt provoke the man unnecessarily or insult him. Women should imbibe the qualities of humulity and respect.
wat ya mean they shouldn't rub shoulders cuz i get it just wanna be sure we on d same page.
well i agree on d respect part but it's gotta go both ways. the success of a marriage and happy home depends on both the husband and wife. it's a 2way thing.
women are expected to take care of d kids, cook, clean d house and basiclly be a house wife. I agree but it shouldn't be d woemen's job alone. the guy should support and help with all d chores too.
Re: Role Of A Woman In Her Home And To Her Husband by chrisd(m): 4:11pm On Jan 16, 2006
Italian man is good cook smiley
Re: Role Of A Woman In Her Home And To Her Husband by damygurl(f): 4:22pm On Jan 16, 2006
yea but mii mama gon kill me if i bring one home!
Re: Role Of A Woman In Her Home And To Her Husband by chrisd(m): 4:24pm On Jan 16, 2006
How is that?
Re: Role Of A Woman In Her Home And To Her Husband by nferyn(m): 4:24pm On Jan 16, 2006
You role is what you want it to be. The only thing that matters is that noone is forced into a role that he/she is not interested in. It's very mportant that the overall work in the household should be shared by both partners.
And even more important, no-one is commander in chief, important decisions are made jointly
Re: Role Of A Woman In Her Home And To Her Husband by chrisd(m): 4:30pm On Jan 16, 2006
It's very mportant that the overall work in the household should be shared by both partners.

Depends what you mean by that. If it means you wait for the man because you done your part is not very mature. I think that they do what has to be done. Sometimes couples deisagree, but still something has to be done. Aren't they supposed to trust each other and not be too tight about things all the time.
Re: Role Of A Woman In Her Home And To Her Husband by chrisd(m): 4:31pm On Jan 16, 2006
As for Commander of Staff, I worked in the Navy before and some people are lazy, I tell you. wink
Re: Role Of A Woman In Her Home And To Her Husband by nferyn(m): 4:38pm On Jan 16, 2006
chrisd:

Depends what you mean by that. If it means you wait for the man because you done your part is not very mature. I think that they do what has to be done. Sometimes couples deisagree, but still something has to be done. Aren't they supposed to trust each other and not be too tight about things all the time.
I think you know what I mean. If both partners go out to work, you cannot expect your wife or partner to do all the household chores while you relax in the sofa with a glass of wine
Re: Role Of A Woman In Her Home And To Her Husband by chrisd(m): 4:41pm On Jan 16, 2006
I think you know what I mean. If both partners go out to work, you cannot expect your wife or partner to do all the household chores while you relax in the sofa with a glass of wine[quote][/quote]

That's what I'll do actually, relax in the sofa with a glass of wine waiting for her.
Re: Role Of A Woman In Her Home And To Her Husband by damygurl(f): 4:42pm On Jan 16, 2006
chrisd:

How is that?
well lets see. u r nigerian right? well my peeps r born and bred. don't get me wrong they r not racist or anything but there daughter sure ain't gon get married to an italian
Re: Role Of A Woman In Her Home And To Her Husband by chrisd(m): 4:44pm On Jan 16, 2006
I happen to be Italian actually kiss
Re: Role Of A Woman In Her Home And To Her Husband by chrisd(m): 4:49pm On Jan 16, 2006
well lets see. you're nigerian right? well my peeps r born and bred. don't get me wrong they r not racist or anything but there daughter sure ain't gon get married to an italian

Well, not until they taste the food, that is. wink

Not racist eh grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Role Of A Woman In Her Home And To Her Husband by damygurl(f): 4:53pm On Jan 16, 2006
yea a gurl sure can do anything 4 d food. but umm d food not gon do it for my mom and yea she luvs italian just don't want her daughter marrying one.
Re: Role Of A Woman In Her Home And To Her Husband by nferyn(m): 4:57pm On Jan 16, 2006
damygurl:

yea a girl sure can do anything 4 d food. but umm d food not gon do it for my mom and yea she luvs italian just don't want her daughter marrying one.
What possible reason can she have to take that position, except for prejudice?
Re: Role Of A Woman In Her Home And To Her Husband by chrisd(m): 4:58pm On Jan 16, 2006
Or jeolosy perhaps.
Re: Role Of A Woman In Her Home And To Her Husband by nferyn(m): 5:00pm On Jan 16, 2006
chrisd:

Or jeolosy perhaps.
How can you be jealous of excessive vanity?
Re: Role Of A Woman In Her Home And To Her Husband by chrisd(m): 5:01pm On Jan 16, 2006
And who told you I care what your mother thinks.
Re: Role Of A Woman In Her Home And To Her Husband by damygurl(f): 5:03pm On Jan 16, 2006
lol! it's not like she gon stop me she won't but she would prefer i go with someone whose culture shes familiar with.
Re: Role Of A Woman In Her Home And To Her Husband by nferyn(m): 5:03pm On Jan 16, 2006
chrisd:

And who told you I care what your mother thinks.
No, chrisd, I'm not going to date you. Thanks for asking, but men, especially Italian men, are not my type grin
Re: Role Of A Woman In Her Home And To Her Husband by damygurl(f): 5:05pm On Jan 16, 2006
snap! cheesy now dats sumthing. real funny too.
Re: Role Of A Woman In Her Home And To Her Husband by chrisd(m): 5:06pm On Jan 16, 2006
Especially when you see the movies grin grin grin grin grin Noone wants to get in trouble with Italians.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Wife Sets Husband On Fire For Molesting Her 7 Year Old Daughter / Two Kenyan Men Agree To Marry The Same Woman / Funniest And Craziest Things You Did When You Were A Kid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.